• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Nintendo and Sakurai are a least aware of all of these polls official or otherwise I’m getting nervous since E3 is so close by...
According to a recent interview, Sakurai said he doesn’t pay attention to online polls and the like. But I’m not sure I 100% believe that as Sakurai has also tweeted his fans saying not to take everything he tweets about as smash hints.
But even so, I feel like Porky was at least considered by Sakurai at one point, if not then we would have had his boss fight at launch

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
According to a recent interview, Sakurai said he doesn’t pay attention to online polls and the like. But I’m not sure I 100% believe that as Sakurai has also tweeted his fans saying not to take everything he tweets about as smash hints.
But even so, I feel like Porky was at least considered by Sakurai at one point, if not then we would have had his boss fight at launch
What about Ridley and K Rool from what I remember they did state that polls did have something to do with their inclusion

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Posted over on the main discussion, reposting here.
Porky scale relative to some confirmed characters and some of my wishes.
View attachment 224838
LOL, i saw somebody repost your size comparison pic at a /v/ thread and a lot of crud opinions just popped up
"Dark Matter should be bigger" and some other recycled 2bigot arguments for Porky.
did they not play KDL2 and Robobot or something? it's ridiculous

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
LOL, i saw somebody repost your size comparison pic at a /v/ thread and a lot of crud opinions just popped up
"Dark Matter should be bigger" and some other recycled 2bigot arguments for Porky.
did they not play KDL2 and Robobot or something? it's ridiculous
A part of me is a little disappointed that apparently Ganon wasn't brought up.
Tempted to make a scale comparison with the original sprites.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
/v/ always leaves out information that automatically their points incorrect, you’re better avoiding that place, they’re just Narcissists who think they know everything.

Hopefully our boy gets in because their salt will be DELICIOUS.

I just got this from /v/ you notice the leg in the middle? It looks like a leg from the spider mech from Mother 2

3D3A5CAD-E2BB-4133-80F6-8AF6B7B1172C.jpeg

Last edited:

RandomAdam

Smash Cadet
Mecha porky would be like alph is to olimar, an alternate skin. If he were to fight without mech then i could easily see this.
Mecha-Porky wouldn't work as an alt since there is probably a huge weight difference

Mod Edit: Posts are fixed for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Since there arent any conversations atm, they will probably announce 2-3 of the dlc (along with porky hopefully), so who/ what else would you guys like to see from this e3?

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Somewhat on-topic, but here's some brand-spanking new footage of EarthBound 64. It's only 5 seconds but it's certainly something.

Thats super cool! Its still kinda weird how ness is in that trailer, since im so used to lucas in mother 3. Either way cool find!

Zeox

Smash Champion
/v/ always leaves out information that automatically their points incorrect, you’re better avoiding that place, they’re just Narcissists who think they know everything.

I just got this from /v/ you notice the leg in the middle? It looks like a leg from the spider mech from Mother 2

View attachment 225431
It looks like the model from Source Filmmaker (Brawl model)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 225431
It's fake, but boi do I wish it was real.

Since there arent any conversations atm, they will probably announce 2-3 of the dlc (along with porky hopefully), so who/ what else would you guys like to see from this e3?
Banjo & Kazooie. If I get Banjo & Kazooie and Porky both in the Season Pass, I won't really care if we don't get anymore DLC characters afterwards.

Somewhat on-topic, but here's some brand-spanking new footage of EarthBound 64. It's only 5 seconds but it's certainly something.

Holy ****! I've seen pictures of the bar area and the area with the snake, but I've never seen gameplay footage of it. That's a amazing find! The footage is so clean, man this is just too awesome! Hopefully one day somebody will find that Spaceworld 99 Earthbound 64 prototype and dump the rom online.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Not Porky related, but i was snooping around the internet looking for porky-related stuff for smash and i came across an article that took this seriously.

1559485741901.png

EDIT: I found this in the comments... NINTEN IS TOTALLY CONFIRMED YALL THIS IS CRAZY (sarcasm)
1559485871708.png

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
I feel like if someone wants to "leak" someone, then they at least have to make sure the character isn't already a spirit to get some form of credibility.
we still don't know whether spirits deconfirm fighters, id like to see ninten since he could be unique. although that "leak" is very fake, I wouldn't complain if it were true.
also the pic he used is easily findable online.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not Porky related, but i was snooping around the internet looking for porky-related stuff for smash and i came across an article that took this seriously.

View attachment 225575

EDIT: I found this in the comments... NINTEN IS TOTALLY CONFIRMED YALL THIS IS CRAZY (sarcasm)
View attachment 225576
OMG! That is the best looking render ever! Ninten confirmed!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
A little off topic but aside from Porky I would really like either Jin Kazama or Kayuza Mishima as I’m a huge Tekken geek

http://chng.it/pNJMPHmq [EDIT] it would really be cool to get your signatures fellow pigmasks

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’d quite like Balder from Bayonetta 2.
But that will never happen seeing what happened with the last Bayonetta rep :p

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, besides Porky I would like to have Agumon or any Digimon in Smash, I grew up with the anime and the game "Digimon World 1", so of course I would like it, but that's something that I really don't expect it to happen.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Well, besides Porky I would like to have Agumon or any Digimon in Smash, I grew up with the anime and the game "Digimon World 1", so of course I would like it, but that's something that I really don't expect it to happen.
I really like the idea of a digimon rep! I never seen or played the games, but theres probably a lot you could do with agumon (or anyone from digimon). And who knows he could be a dlc to market a digimon game/show/thing.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
If i could have another character, it would be Rex from xenoblade 2. Im currently about halfway throught the game but the game is amazing. He has alot of moveset potential and could easily fit in. He could also have Pyra as an alt. Sure he has a spirit AND a costume so he probably wont make it in but i will still hope for him.

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Just logged into my account that I made half a decade ago to show my support lol.

I think Porky has a decent chance so y'all throw me on that list. Every Brawl boss has a spirit except him and Ness' dad got a spirit as a phone, but still not Porky? That definitely raises an eyebrow for me. I think E3 will definitely be the deciding factor for our thick friend. If we get anything Mother related at all at E3 I would go as far as to call him a lock. (Reggie announcing a Mother 3 port as a farewell would be a good time to show him):)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just logged into my account that I made half a decade ago to show my support lol.

I think Porky has a decent chance so y'all throw me on that list. Every Brawl boss has a spirit except him and Ness' dad got a spirit as a phone, but still not Porky? That definitely raises an eyebrow for me. I think E3 will definitely be the deciding factor for our thick friend. If we get anything Mother related at all at E3 I would go as far as to call him a lock. (Reggie announcing a Mother 3 port as a farewell would be a good time to show him):)
I will die of hype if Banjo & Kazooie and Porky are both revealed for Smash at E3.

Also, welcome to the Pig Mask Army.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
So I think my avatar is a pretty clear indicator, but go ahead and put me down as "officially in the club," too. There are a few characters for whom, in the event of their extremely unlikely announcement, I wouldn't care if the rest of the characters were just playable lawnmowers.

Porky is one of these characters.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Well this thread has been quite lately. Let's see some hype in here! Year of the pig, Mother's 30th anniversary, Porky (and spirits related to him other than ASC) are missing, and possible Mother 3 port as Reggie's farewell. C'mon guys we have a chance this year! What y'all think E3 has in store for us tuesday?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
It’s almost time..whoever’s unveiled whether be Porky or whoever else I’ll accept with no issues whatsoever

Zeox

Smash Champion
I kinda lost my hopes of seeing Porky, not for anything in particular, just the lack of news for so long made me pessimist.
But it's alright, after all...

Porky will always be there, waiting for his turn, it's a matter of time, even if he doesn't make it for Ultimate, now that his popularity had grow, he can be there for the next game...

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I kinda lost my hopes of seeing Porky, not for anything in particular, just the lack of news for so long made me pessimist.

Porky will always be there, waiting for his turn, it's a matter of time, even if he doesn't make it for Ultimate, now that his popularity had grow, he can be there for the next game...
Yeah it’s definitely a fact he’s gotten more popular that’s undeniable

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I still think he could be coming in Ultimate, but if not we will fight for his inclusion in the next game.

Zeox

Smash Champion
By the way, Sakurai confirms that on the E3 we will get more info of Smash DLC Characters:

Which was obvious, but now we know for sure.

andree123

Smash Ace
The fake smash ball explodes into a "X", various crossovers deal with "X"s, and the "X" is mostly used in smash trailers when they announced that 3rd parties are going to have a new (non-echo) playable or a mii costume in the game.
Don't worry, we will might see DLC content related to Porky after the fighters pass.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
The fake smash ball explodes into a "X", various crossovers deal with "X"s, and the "X" is mostly used in smash trailers when they announced that 3rd parties are going to have a new (non-echo) playable or a mii costume in the game.
Don't worry, we will might see DLC content related to Porky after the fighters pass.
Or it means that all the leaks are gonna become "fake", or it's a reference that a new character have bomb abilities, or a fake smash ball is gonna appear in the trailer of a newcomer.
It can literally mean anything and nothing.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

Lack of news doesnt mean anything about a DLC character. Sure, the Banjo stuff could mean he could be in smash, but who knows.

Top Bottom