• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Looking at everything together, and now that its confirmed that each new fighter comes with a bunch of spirits, it all makes sense why the pigmasks/giygas/fassad arent spirits. I feel so strongly about Porky at this point its crazy. He is 100% the underdog of all of this.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Some of you really need to contain the hype. If you want to positive, Porky HAS some suspiciousness in his favor but he still isn't impossible to be de-confirmed. This can still be the same scenarios as Skull Kid and Ashley.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Some of you really need to contain the hype. If you want to positive, Porky HAS some suspiciousness in his favor but he still isn't impossible to be de-confirmed. This can still be the same scenarios as Skull Kid and Ashley.
This is wayy different than Skull kid and Ashley. Porky actually has more than one thing going for him

funnaming

Smash Rookie
Oh also, I didn't mention this before, but I just recently made this account for this thread. I just finished up reading all 45 pages of it today and I'd love to join the Pigmask Army!

heres a quick drawing of porky i made recently, and i'd like to share my stage concepts here as well soon

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I was there for both of those disconfirmations, and yes this is looking dangerously similar.
I was praying for Skull kid, and when he got deconfirmed, i wasnt too hurt because i never had my hopes too high. All they had going for them is them being AT's and havent been shown in the game yet. Porky on the other hand, isnt in this game at all. Like none of the Mother 3 villains are spirits either. There is a ton of evidence backing him up so I actually have hope for him. Am i saying hes like 100%? No. Im just saying that he has atleast like a 30% chance imo

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lack of content is not an evidence, just look at cut Assist Trophies.

UserKev

Smash Champion
This is wayy different than Skull kid and Ashley. Porky actually has more than one thing going for him
Porky sort of grew on me due to the move set of him I seen but I want Earthbound Porky since Mother 3 Porky is way too dramatic.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
We haven’t reached the point of chairs or other household furniture being used for porky evidence so we’re good for now hahaha.

But all jokes aside, despite all the evidence Porky has in his favour, the one thing that worries me is that he doesn’t seem like a character Nintendo would pick and since they are the ones choosing the fighter pass that’s worrying.
If it was Sakurai having 100% control over the DLC I feel like he’d be almost guaranteed what with the weird amount of love he gave the Mother series this game

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Lack of content is not an evidence, just look at cut Assist Trophies.
Buzz buzz is a spirit, a one time character that we never saw before, and porky, a huge character in two mother games doesnt have a spirit. Also, spirits are really easy to make and Assist Trophies arent.

funnaming

Smash Rookie
Buzz buzz is a spirit, a one time character that we never saw before, and porky, a huge character in two mother games doesnt have a spirit. Also, spirits are really easy to make and Assist Trophies arent.
I also think it's important that other spirits related to porky are missing. The porky situation would be different if they had spirits like fassad, pigmasks, lil miss marshmallow, the mecha drago in the game and not porky, but theyre gone too. This makes me think his chances are higher because when they added joker, they added a bunch of persona spirits.

Again, and this has been said before, but if all of this means nothing and he's just not in the game, that would be weird. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but this just seems too suspicious.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I also think it's important that other spirits related to porky are missing. The porky situation would be different if they had spirits like fassad, pigmasks, lil miss marshmallow, the mecha drago in the game and not porky, but theyre gone too. This makes me think his chances are higher because when they added joker, they added a bunch of persona spirits.

Again, and this has been said before, but if all of this means nothing and he's just not in the game, that would be weird. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but this just seems too suspicious.
exactly

Erfly

Smash Cadet
I've been noticing a lot of support for Porkster outside of this community.
To be honest they're the Mother character that seems to be appearing the most often now, and on a few big polls in various places, Porky keeps appearing up there.

We've hooked em lads, soon people will realise more and more how deserving Porky is to be a character.
I still got my fingers crossed for him being DLC.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I thought I would share my Porky Mii I made in Smash Ultimate. Based off my WiiU Mii. I thought the gunner was the most appropriate and the hi-tech suit since he does use a lot of technology.

ID: 7SNGNTVJ

Porky Minch.jpg

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
My idea for spirit battles. MECHA DRAGO - MECHA RIDLEY, STEEL MECHORILLA - DONKEY KONG, PIGMASK SOLDIER - SAMUS, PIGMASK COLONEL - SOLID SNAKE, CACTUS WOLF - WOLF, FIRECE PORK TROOPER - LITTLE MAC, MR GENERATOR - ROB, LIL MISS MARSHMALLOW - FEMALE VILLAGER. What you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My idea for spirit battles. MECHA DRAGO - MECHA RIDLEY, STEEL MECHORILLA - DONKEY KONG, PIGMASK SOLDIER - SAMUS, PIGMASK COLONEL - SOLID SNAKE, CACTUS WOLF - WOLF, FIRECE PORK TROOPER - LITTLE MAC, MR GENERATOR - ROB, LIL MISS MARSHMALLOW - FEMALE VILLAGER. What you guys think?View attachment 219594View attachment 219595View attachment 219596View attachment 219597View attachment 219598View attachment 219599View attachment 219600View attachment 219601View attachment 219602View attachment 219603View attachment 219604View attachment 219605View attachment 219606View attachment 219607View attachment 219609View attachment 219610
Might wanna put those pics inside spoilers for loading reasons. Also, the formatting gets ****ed on mobile.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Might wanna put those pics inside spoilers for loading reasons. Also, the formatting gets ****ed on mobile.
You can’t see anything? My bad

Also could someone tell how to properly add the spoiler tag to my post thanks.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
It's been such an incredibly positive surprise to see just how popular Porky has been during Ultimate speculation. He was my pipe dream wanted character in the Smash 4 era and it seemed way quieter then. I even voted for Porky in the ballot (along with K. Rool and Crash Bandicoot). He was also the first Mii fighter I made lmao. Count me as a supporter!

Mother 3 and Earthbound are two of my absolute favourite games. I love how much content the series has in Smash, especially compared to other franchises like F-Zero. Any 3rd Mother rep would be cool, but Porky is my choice.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
They call Ridley captain America in Japan....hopefully Porky will be the Japanese equivalent

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
EF25B652-3C07-4679-AF27-B187FA72EE88.jpeg

Where oh where has our favourite chubster gone?
He’s been a part of smash for so long.
No spirit, no boss fight and no trophy too.
Perhaps he could be fighter pass character 2?

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Well, it looks like E3 is our next stop, and let's be honest its almost guaranteed a character reveal. Lets hope is Porky.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 221235
Where oh where has our favourite chubster gone?
He’s been a part of smash for so long.
No spirit, no boss fight and no trophy too.
Perhaps he could be fighter pass character 2?
Couldn't somebody else be shopped over Luigi to make it funnier? Ness maybe? Giygas?

andree123

Smash Ace
Well, it looks like E3 is our next stop, and let's be honest its almost guaranteed a character reveal. Lets hope is Porky.
It should be suitable to see two DLC fighters released together at E3 2019, just like how sm4sh did with :4feroy: and :4ryu: at E3 2015.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Its amazing to see porky having his own pages of fans for him to be included for the rooster.

Hopefully Sakuria will reach out to earthbound fans or search Starmen Net. which im pretty such there are even many of them around his headquarters and include him. This fanbase can all come together and make this possible the more and more we create these kind of pages for porky.

Keep it up everyone!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty this e3 is our final chance for Porky being in smash and a Mother 3 localization.
I’m ready to accept whatever fate lies ahead of us, just would like to hear the exact reason WHY we never got Mother 3 from Nintendo themselves.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty this e3 is our final chance for Porky being in smash and a Mother 3 localization.
I’m ready to accept whatever fate lies ahead of us, just would like to hear the exact reason WHY we never got Mother 3 from Nintendo themselves.
Yeah that’s my opinion too. If Mother 3 isn’t revealed this year then we’re never getting it

Top Bottom