• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
We really not gonna get it it’s nearly the 15th anniversary tomorrow and there’s no announcement or anything....

It hurts man...it hurts...

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Unless we get a complete trilogy announcement next month or so and the game is released in July.
But yeah it sucks we didn’t get an announcement today

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
idk, nintendo news in general has been dry recently, other than Joker and the new smash update. I feel like something is gonna pop up soon though.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
If Porky does end up being a lot how starman jr depicted he should have the fastest run speed lol

Zeox

Smash Champion
I really need that, honestly for the past weeks I been starting to lose any hopes, specially after Joker reveal.
You know how they announced Mii costumes, and the Tails and Knuckles costumes came back? they were announced with the Joker because they were characters from SEGA, and then I thought "Geno's and Chocobo's costumes are missing too, and they are characters from Square Enix, so probably they announce a square enix character too".
But then I also thought "Lloyd and Gil's costume are missing too, they are characters from Namco, so a Namco character would be announced too.."
And with that, I was getting short of slots and was losing all my hopes.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
A possible transition that I put together was “a little bit of smash down the line” as one of the definitions of “De” is down.

On a side note Wow the chubsters chance have never been more likely

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
One thing that kind of scares me is that, Ok maybe all of the evidence for porky is there but Sakurai didn't pick the dlc. Why would Nintendo care about missing spirits and if he was a past boss or even the year of the pig. Common sense would be to use the characters for promotion or something. I was surprised with Joker because I thought he wouldn't be a promotional character but later on Persona 5 of course got new content and is basically confirmed to come to switch. So yes, Joker was promotional. only way I see Porky is if we get something Mother related so that he could be used for advertisement. Nintendo only wants to sell games while Sakurai gives even dead series' love.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
A possible transition that I put together was “a little bit of smash down the line” as one of the definitions of “De” is down.

On a side note Wow the chubsters chance have never been more likely
Okay let's calm ourselves a little bit.
“a little bit of smash down the line” might refer to the fact that Lucas and Ness are already playable or that maybe Porky will come back as a boss (Wich would still be cool).

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
One thing that kind of scares me is that, Ok maybe all of the evidence for porky is there but Sakurai didn't pick the dlc. Why would Nintendo care about missing spirits and if he was a past boss or even the year of the pig. Common sense would be to use the characters for promotion or something. I was surprised with Joker because I thought he wouldn't be a promotional character but later on Persona 5 of course got new content and is basically confirmed to come to switch. So yes, Joker was promotional. only way I see Porky is if we get something Mother related so that he could be used for advertisement. Nintendo only wants to sell games while Sakurai gives even dead series' love.
Maybe thats why he went there tho, why on earth would he go to a old poster of mother 3?
Maybe nintendo picked him and he wanted to hint at it a little bit? But you have a point, maybe he just went to pay respect to a dead franchise.

One thing i would like to hope for is a pattern. We had pirranah plant, a villain, and then joker, a hero. What if its a pattern? Villian, hero, villain hero, villain, hero. It would help, since they said they wanted more villains, and a few 3rd parties still havent gotten villains that could work (cloud with sephiroth) (sonic and eggman) (yes i know spirits but we have yet to find out if spirits deconfirm fighters), so we have yet to see what will happen. Lets just hope june or july we get our chubster announced

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Okay let's calm ourselves a little bit.
“a little bit of smash down the line” might refer to the fact that Lucas and Ness are already playable or that maybe Porky will come back as a boss (Wich would still be cool).
Hell no to that I’d rather him not show at all if that’s the case, the game almost all the noteworthy villains yet I can’t play as my favorite one? Screw that. However you are right let’s just dial it back a bit

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai invented a word, Persona fans got the boot, and Nintendo... did not share news about the Switch Mini. Or confirm it. And confirmed they wouldn't show it at E3. Yet tons of industry insiders say we'll have it in stores by the end of June.

Edit: Including Nikkei, who says they worked with Nintendo to MAKE the Switch Mini. Awkward.

That's the week in review, thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
I know this thread is for porky, but if spirits didnt deconfirm fighters, is there any other earthbound character you guys would like to see?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I know this thread is for porky, but if spirits didnt deconfirm fighters, is there any other earthbound character you guys would like to see?
I've said Fassad here before lol but I think a fighting Magypsy team (like the Koopalings) would make me incredibly happy. It also would never happen so there's that to consider.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I've said Fassad here before lol but I think a fighting Magypsy team (like the Koopalings) would make me incredibly happy. It also would never happen so there's that to consider.
Fassad would be my #2 pick for a mother rep, followed by Ninten in 3rd.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Truth is I would actually prefer Everdred above both of them but not even Earthbound gave him his due. He was supposed to be a party member but that was cut.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, he wasn't. Persona 5 released like three years ago and it's not coming to Switch. I think people need to accept not every new character is added to promote something.

Top Bottom