• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hm..proof?
I said MAY that’s the whole point of me including that word in in the post in the FIRST place smh

[EDIT] Turns out there’s no direct for tomorrow at least I mean we STILL have 9 days though..

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
This dudes opinion to me is less than dog crap

It’s kinda funny on how he FORGOT about the certain points we’ve brought here time and time again lol it’s whatever.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Heyo just dropping by to just show this. Thought it'd be interesting for you all.

This dudes opinion to me is less than dog crap
He doesn't mention anything at all about the Absolute Safe Capsule spirit and how the sprite of that spirit is the empty version giving Porky more evidence.

Like you said PigKing, I don't really care on what Billy says about the subject because sometimes he can be really bias.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Realized something today in the RTC thread when I made my voting post for Porky about the Absolutely Safe Capsule Spirit that I haven't seen mentioned before and that I feel you guys would find really interesting (and that may, in fact, solve the debate on whether or not it contains Porky)!

So you know how the ASC spirit can only be Summoned and can't be obtained any other way?

Well, every single summonable spirit has unique summoning requirements, and these unique summoning requirements are all very distinct references to aspects of the character being summoned! Here are some examples that show off just how clever some of these references can get:
  • Mallow can be summoned using a core from Kracko and Prince Peasley, as Mallow is a prince who is also a cloud.
  • Tails can be summoned using a core from Andy (referencing his knack for building machines), Vulpix (as he is a fox with multiple tails), and a Support core (because he's Sonic's best friend who loves to help others).
  • Louie (from Pikmin) can be summoned with a core from Snorlax (because of his insatiable appetite and general laziness), the Postman from Zelda (because you can never beat the Postman in a race, and Louie always manages to run away somehow), and a Grab Core (both because he can pluck Pikmin, and because he will grab and steal any food that isn't bolted to the floor).
With that in mind, let's take a look at the ASC's summoning requirements. It needs a Core from a Mr. Saturn Spirit (as they aided in its construction), any 6 support cores (as Support is defense and the ASC is completely impenetrable), and...

That's it!
No references to kids, pigs, kings, empires, old men, greed, or even corruption, all of which would serve as stand-ins for Porky!
Absolutely nothing in its summoning materials that would represent Porky at all!

From this, we can (fairly safely) conclude that the ASC spirit is just that - the spirit of the ASC itself, independent of Porky!

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Realized something today in the RTC thread when I made my voting post for Porky about the Absolutely Safe Capsule Spirit that I haven't seen mentioned before and that I feel you guys would find really interesting (and that may, in fact, solve the debate on whether or not it contains Porky)!

So you know how the ASC spirit can only be Summoned and can't be obtained any other way?

Well, every single summonable spirit has unique summoning requirements, and these unique summoning requirements are all very distinct references to aspects of the character being summoned! Here are some examples that show off just how clever some of these references can get:
  • Mallow can be summoned using a core from Kracko and Prince Peasley, as Mallow is a prince who is also a cloud.
  • Tails can be summoned using a core from Andy (referencing his knack for building machines), Vulpix (as he is a fox with multiple tails), and a Support core (because he's Sonic's best friend who loves to help others).
  • Louie (from Pikmin) can be summoned with a core from Snorlax (because of his insatiable appetite and general laziness), the Postman from Zelda (because you can never beat the Postman in a race, and Louie always manages to run away somehow), and a Grab Core (both because he can pluck Pikmin, and because he will grab and steal any food that isn't bolted to the floor).
With that in mind, let's take a look at the ASC's summoning requirements. It needs a Core from a Mr. Saturn Spirit (as they aided in its construction), any 6 support cores (as Support is defense and the ASC is completely impenetrable), and...

That's it!
No references to kids, pigs, kings, empires, old men, greed, or even corruption, all of which would serve as stand-ins for Porky!
Absolutely nothing in its summoning materials that would represent Porky at all!

From this, we can (fairly safely) conclude that the ASC spirit is just that - the spirit of the ASC itself, independent of Porky!
I’m surprised they didn’t put in Dr. Andonuts as spirit

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
found this forum not too long ago and thought to leave my opinion on porky as a smash character.

I feel that he would be an excellent addition to the cast, in more ways that none. Smash has added a lot of villains lately and porky would be a great addition to the roster. In the spider mech or heavily armored mech he could be a menacing opponent to fight against and give the mother series some representation. Yes Joker was announced and people think thats gonna be the standard but there is hope with his absence in all forms except for the empty safe capsule. Size isnt a problem (we got ridley for crying out loud), so fitting him wouldn’t be to hard. Even though he was huge in his brawl form, he was increased in size greatly so getting the right proportions wouldnt be to hard. Yes, mother is old and yes, mother 3 is still not in the west, but with no recent direct, mother 3’s OG release date right around the corner, and the anniversary as for the series as a whole, i feel that they might do something for the mother franchise.

But those are just my thoughts, i hope he makes it in and he will be a main even if i suck at him.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

That's it!

Most of us already knew about this.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
It just occurred to me that Porky (if he gets in god willingly) could be one of the very few fighters with a actual voice actor voicing his lines, as being a chatterbox was one of his defining traits.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
It just occurred to me that Porky (if he gets in god willingly) could be one of the very few fighters with a actual voice actor voicing his lines, as being a chatterbox was one of his defining traits.
Depends, He might sound too similar to bowser junior, depending on the design they go with. But you’ve got a point.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Just had a thought, lets say ( please sakurai ) we get porky in his mother 3 mech, how would he move? Would he walk like the boss in sub space? Or would he be regular, and if he walks like the boss how would he look on the world of light map? He could look like how he looks in smash crusade, but still im curious.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Playing as :ultduckhunt: and/or :ultswordfighter: in century smash can cause Save data corruption in some SD cards and some people started to theorize that :ultduckhunt: had placeholder DLC content related to what it possibly be Banjo and Kazooie (same thing with :ultswordfighter: being Joker, Edrick, or rarely Lloyd).
However, :ultduckhunt: could easily serve as a easy template for Porky, the Dog could the Spider Mech and the Duck could be Porky, but I'm still expecting Banjo to join in the first Fighters Pass, but I still think that Porky can be shown up as a standalone DLC fighter after the last character is revealed in the fighters pass.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Playing as :ultduckhunt: and/or :ultswordfighter: in century smash can cause Save data corruption in some SD cards and some people started to theorize that :ultduckhunt: had placeholder DLC content related to what it possibly be Banjo and Kazooie (same thing with :ultswordfighter: being Joker, Edrick, or rarely Lloyd).
However, :ultduckhunt: could easily serve as a easy template for Porky, the Dog could the Spider Mech and the Duck could be Porky, but I'm still expecting Banjo to join in the first Fighters Pass, but I still think that Porky can be shown up as a standalone DLC fighter after the last character is revealed in the fighters pass.
Huh, never thought of it in that way. God I hope it’s true

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Don't make media only replies

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Todays the day it’s Reggie’s final day....ima miss him I was only 5 when he first became president time really flies doesn’t it?

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
There may be a direct today guys, nintendos channel hasnt uploaded in 2 days, and they usually upload at least 2 times a day so they may be preping for something. But maybe im just anxious for a new direct.

EDIT: nevermind on the direct, guess we just gotta keep waiting and hoping

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it's Banjo & Kazooie because of Duck Hunt being a animal duo like Banjo & Kazooie. The body for Duck Hunt would better fit as a base for Banjo & Kazooie than Porky would. Not saying I wish it isn't Porky, because I'm rooting for both characters to get in. I will be happy if it's either of them.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I think it's Banjo & Kazooie because of Duck Hunt being a animal duo like Banjo & Kazooie. The body for Duck Hunt would better fit as a base for Banjo & Kazooie than Porky would. Not saying I wish it isn't Porky, because I'm rooting for both characters to get in. I will be happy if it's either of them.
I’m pretty sure it was proved that whole thing was just people’s SD cards being ****ed.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
We got 5 days cmon man it’s been 15 MOTHER****ING YEARS

[EDIT] Turns out Shigesato Itoi is aware that it’s the year of Pig take that as you will...

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Guys, joker and 3.0 is dropping tomorrow (which you all probs know already), but did anyone notice the ultimate chimera and ness? Maybe a long shot but who knows, maybe a hint?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The ultimate chimera has its own stage?

OOOOH Stage builder lol

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Guys, joker and 3.0 is dropping tomorrow (which you all probs know already), but did anyone notice the ultimate chimera and ness? Maybe a long shot but who knows, maybe a hint?
could be
lol

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
With the fact that we are getting "DLC spirits", that could either mean that they could add Porky anytime they want or... Why the Porky statue and Porky isnt in, because Porky and Giygas related spirits are saved in case he is in.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Joker is coming with 10 spirits, so I'm gonna go and make a list of spirits for Porky:
- Giegue
- Monotoly
- Fassad
- Mr. Carpainter
- Pigmask
- Picky Minch
- Porky's statue
- Pork Trooper
- Mecha Drago
- Mecha Porky
This without counting possible transformations, like Giegue into Giygas or Fassad into Miracle Fassad, and now a list of 10 songs:
- Porky Means Business (obviously)
- Porky's Porkies
- Absolutely Safe Capsule
- Giygas Theme
- Piggy Guys
- Hustle for pride
- Battle against a machine
- Natural Killer Cyborg
- Otherworldy Foe
- Fight with Mecha-Drago

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Joker is coming with 10 spirits, so I'm gonna go and make a list of spirits for Porky:
- Giegue
- Monotoly
- Fassad
- Mr. Carpainter
- Pigmask
- Picky Minch
- Porky's statue
- Pork Trooper
- Mecha Drago
- Mecha Porky
This without counting possible transformations, like Giegue into Giygas or Fassad into Miracle Fassad, and now a list of 10 songs:
- Porky Means Business (obviously)
- Porky's Porkies
- Absolutely Safe Capsule
- Giygas Theme
- Piggy Guys
- Hustle for pride
- Battle against a machine
- Natural Killer Cyborg
- Otherworldy Foe
- Fight with Mecha-Drago
Exactly my point, hehe.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
lets not get too overconfident bro there’s always a chance for disappointment...However since there is DLC spirits coming it’s highly unlikely that Porky will be one as literally EVERY brawl boss is a Spirit except for him
It was meant to be a joke lol
But yeah all we can do is wait

Top Bottom