• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Hey guys.

How do you guys think Porky's family would react to seeing his elderly Mother 3 version? I feel like all of them would be very disturbed, especially Picky.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Hey guys.

How do you guys think Porky's family would react to seeing his elderly Mother 3 version? I feel like all of them would be very disturbed, especially Picky.
His parents would probably try to convince him to get them on their side just to get power while Picky tries to stay away from him most likely because he's scared and still young. I'd most certainly be interested in seeing old Porky interact with Ness. It looks like Porky misses Ness so much, he'd either get too emotional or try to mock him constantly to hide his feelings. I just want a Porky and Ness interaction in any way.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Aloysius and Lardna would be absolutely PROUD of Porky, Heck Aloysius would probably beg for a position within the pigmask army.

Also I think if Lucas ever managed to witness Porkys upbringing he might understand and even forgive him especially if he saw Giygas.

Ness would be most likely upset with himself not being able to save Porky from giygas influence.

Picky would weep for his big brother.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I kind of imagined that Picky would distance himself from his brother. Especially after witnessing how much of a monster he became (and stories he heard from Ness).
And I imagine Porky’s parents would suddenly “favour” their missing son and continue to neglect Picky

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I heard next month there’s gonna be a direct, which just so happens to be Reggie’s last month put 2 and 2 together and MAYBE and HOPEFULLY...

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we might get a Mewtwo/Lucas situation where they make it look like Joker took forever but they were also working on fighter pass character #2 (Porky please) and have made loads of progress

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
So I've been thinking about what music tracks I'd like to see come with a Porky DLC Pack, and I think I've come up with a pretty good list. I decided to limit myself to just 3 remixes though.

1. Porky Means Business/Master Porky's Theme [REMIX]
2. Piggy Guys [REMIX]
3. The Attic's a Dungeon?! [REMIX]
4. Mind of a Thief
5. Strong One
6. Porky's Porkies
7. Sanctuary Guardian

What do you guys think?

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
So I've been thinking about what music tracks I'd like to see come with a Porky DLC Pack, and I think I've come up with a pretty good list. I decided to limit myself to just 3 remixes though.

2. Piggy Guys [REMIX]
4. Mind of a Thief
5. Strong One
6. Porky's Porkies
7. Sanctuary Guardian

What do you guys think?
either Porky Means Business or Porky's Porkies. Those songs are absolute bangers. The rest would be awesome as well. Mind of the Thief is also a really good one.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet

2. Piggy Guys [REMIX]
4. Mind of a Thief
5. Strong One
6. Porky's Porkies
7. Sanctuary Guardian

What do you guys think?
Definitely some of the best songs from mother. Do you think Porky means business and master porkys theme are possible?

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Definitely some of the best songs from mother. Do you think Porky means business and master porkys theme are possible?
If they can remix Bloody Tears with Monster Dance, I'm sure they could mash Porky's two themes together.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
The song "Cumbersome Guys" , "Intense Guys", "Fate", and "Bothersome Guys" absolutely need to make an appearance in Smash if Porky makes it in.

I will not accept anything less.

Oh and maybe add "And el Mariachi" as well for lols

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
The leak is super fake but why does it have to be the clay model? All Mother 3 spirits use pixel art, even Lucas's fighter spirit..
because every Mother character use their origin art, even Mother 1 cast and characters.
Mother 3 just doesn't have any clay art so they use their respective sprites instead, lol.
plus they would definitely make separate variations spirits for Porky too if he's a fighter, just like K.Rool's other spirits.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Probably the best one of these edits around, I need to share it with the Pigmask crew
The Pelones (Porky’s Porkies)
Pelo 01 mechanically screamed
Pelo 02 mechanically made an Undertale joke
Pelo 03 mechanically stayed trapped in Japan
Pelo 04 mechanically made a green screen edit people can use

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, as we see there will be no Direct before Reggie definitively leaves, meaning that he will not be the one to localize Mother 3, so that sucks...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, as we see there will be no Direct before Reggie definitively leaves, meaning that he will not be the one to localize Mother 3, so that sucks...
It's not out of the realm of possibility for Reggie to be the one to announce Mother 3's localization in the west. Just because there is no Direct happening before he leaves that doesn't mean he still can't drop a bomb on us before he walks out the door. I believe he has a big surprise for us all and that surprise I believe is Mother 3 finally being released and localized in the west.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
No ones gonna explain why all our profile pics are of Reggie.....ok just wondering

I mean we still have 19 days I guess

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Eh, never say never. Sometimes Nintendo leave announcements until really late. Like with the August smash direct being three days after it was announced and the most recent direct being only a day after it was announced

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
There's something I've been meaning to ask Porky fans because I don't really know you all too well (I mostly stick around in the Ninten thread). Are you guys cool with Ninten fans? Like there's no kind of rivalry or competition going on right? Just wanted to double-check because as Mother fans, I think we all need to stick together and enjoy whatever content Nintendo is nice enough to give us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There's something I've been meaning to ask Porky fans because I don't really know you all too well (I mostly stick around in the Ninten thread). Are you guys cool with Ninten fans? Like there's no kind of rivalry or competition going on right? Just wanted to double-check because as Mother fans, I think we all need to stick together and enjoy whatever content Nintendo is nice enough to give us.
I like Porky and Ninten so I don't really mind who gets in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think all or at least most of us are like brothers with the Ninten fans so we are friends, not enemies.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I’m personally indifferent to the Ninten dudes, I just personally believe Porky is BY FAR the better option, but hey you guys have your opinion and I have mine

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You might be aware of my stance on Ninten already...

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Porky is one of my top 2 most wanted characters in Smash. I really feel like any way they represent him as a fighter would be really fun. And besides I'm a huge Mother fan so any more representation for that is highly desirable anyways.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
You guys ever wondered what Mr Carpainter, Monotoli and even Giegue (before his lost his sanity) would have thought of Porky if they ever managed to be aware of the events of Mother 3.
He was their pupil after all...

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
You guys ever wondered what Mr Carpainter, Monotoli and even Giegue (before his lost his sanity) would have thought of Porky if they ever managed to be aware of the events of Mother 3.
never thought of what their perspectives of Porky would be. Probably fear, disgust, etc.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I think Carpainter and monotoli would be shocked but the latter would somewhat pity him.
And Giegue would be impressed to see an “inferior species” rise in power but could eventually see him as competition

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Porky is one of my top 2 most wanted characters in Smash. I really feel like any way they represent him as a fighter would be really fun. And besides I'm a huge Mother fan so any more representation for that is highly desirable anyways.
Same here expect Porky is my 5th most wanted character. And I agree, he would be a blast to play with in Smash. :grin:

I think Carpainter and monotoli would be shocked but the latter would somewhat pity him.
And Giegue would be impressed to see an “inferior species” rise in power but could eventually see him as competition
Giygas was originally intended to be the final boss of Mother 3 and was going to possess Claus. Also Porky was suppose to die in that early version of the game. I think had that gone through, it would have been Giygas pulling the strings all along and Porky was just Giygas's puppet. Of Course the end of the game didn't go that route, but in that version that's what I believe what probably would have gone down.[spoiler/]

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
i actually really do want Ninten in the game with Porky.
as someone who beat Mother/Earthbound Beginnings again but under a day, there's a lot of ways for him to work as a fighter despite the existence of Ness.

a trinity of all Mother protagonists and series' "still breathing" antagonist as the cherry.
and, in my opinion, it's something i really prefer than just adding more Mother 3 characters instead ala FE getting the Awakening trio due to recency advantages and the current demand.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Turns out there MAY be a direct on the 11th just 9 days shy from MOTHER 3’s original release date...please Nintendo just please...

Top Bottom