• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I copied the URL how do I post it tho?

Edit COME ON GUYS TODAY THIS MAY BE IT!

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Where did you find this?! This could be a fake and photoshopped.

Edit: Also, since Ness's spirit is his artwork render whether than his in game sprite, wouldn't Porky's spirit be his artwork render as well if his design is based off of Earthbound/Mother 2?
Maybe they’re going for his Earthbound model idk

Press ctrl and V on your keyboard when you post your comment on the board.
MOBILE

EDIT: MODS THIS MAY BE IT TAKE IT EASY

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I just messaged the original poster hopefully he responds

NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO POSTS LINKS ON MOBILE

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
No... I’m sorry if I seem pushy I kinda off hyped up..

Okay listen how about this: step 1 use google step 2 use results by this WEEK and then u should find what I found out

Last edited:

WarioTheLegend

Smash Rookie
Already pointed out but Porky's spirit would probably use the Earthbound clay model since Ness (and most of the other Earthbound and EBB spirits) use their clay artwork. Brawl's Porky sticker used the clay model so I don't think they'd downgrade to the sprite for a fighter spirit.

Also considering how many fake image leaks have surfaced throughout smash history this one is definitely among those. Hopefully by some miracle this is real because after playing Mother 3 last month I really want Porky in Smash now.

Zeox

Smash Champion
View attachment 197410

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That looks pretty fake to me, You can't even see if this is a photo of a switch or just a computer screen so it can easily be a photoshop work...
hell, the photo is not even showing the name of the spirit, anyone can grab an image online of a fighter spirit, remove the sprite badly and add a Porky.
I'm almost 99% sure this is fake.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeaaaa now that u guys mention it it’s does look pretty weaksauce False alarm everyday not this day...

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
zzz.JPG

So, a little while ago someone posted a link to some switch survey and earthbound got fourth for this category. It beat some big franchises and I think that the earthbound community is becoming more alive than ever. We haven't even gotten an announcement for ANYTHING and the community seems to be growing. Thats awesome.

Also about the Porky spirit thing, I do see them doing his clay model. It's unique and iconic to the Mother series. However, I don't know if Duster/Kuma has an official clay model but if so they didn't use them. Even if THAT'S true I feel like the pixel-art Porky would be him in his mech, since we think he would be best to fight in his mech.

EDIT: They do have clay models, but I don't know if they are official.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 197554

So, a little while ago someone posted a link to some switch survey and earthbound got fourth for this category. It beat some big franchises and I think that the earthbound community is becoming more alive than ever. We haven't even gotten an announcement for ANYTHING and the community seems to be growing. Thats awesome.
EarthBound beat Animal Crossing? Damn son.
(Sure it was only by a hair, but still)

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 197554

Also about the Porky spirit thing, I do see them doing his clay model. It's unique and iconic to the Mother series. However, I don't know if Duster/Kuma has an official clay model but if so they didn't use them. Even if THAT'S true I feel like the pixel-art Porky would be him in his mech, since we think he would be best to fight in his mech.

Are these switch surveys official? jus wondering

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
EarthBound beat Animal Crossing? Damn son.
(Sure it was only by a hair, but still)
To be fair, the survey asked people not to answer games that are announced, so Animal Crossing getting so few answers (or so many) is non-indicative)

Are these switch surveys official? jus wondering
No, they aren't. (Maybe they should be tho)

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
You guys seeing these videos called “Cursed Images with earthbound music over it. Guess Earthbound really is making kinda off a resurgence it seems

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
You guys seeing these videos called “Cursed Images with earthbound music over it. Guess Earthbound really is making kinda off a resurgence it seems
The best part about them is that like 70% of them could actually be earthbound enemies.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
You'd love the LumpyTouch version then ! They're the same images but they're actual Earthbound sprites.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
View attachment 197410

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that needs to be the clay model render for this to be even true
even then, that would be obvious someone at least did their homework unlike this fake leak.
there's no "official" clay models for Mother 3 characters, that's why they're all sprites.

View attachment 197554

ooooh, is that an official survey?

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's like a D-tier leak. They didn't even bother to make an alternate spirit art for the top right corner. Could have even been blurry and I'd be more likely to buy in.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
that needs to be the clay model render for this to be even true
even then, that would be obvious someone at least did their homework unlike this fake leak.
there's no "official" clay models for Mother 3 characters, that's why they're all sprites.

ooooh, is that an official survey?

naw it was just a survey that someone made and it spread around. Wish it was official though.

https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/2019/pc/detail_cover/oc19_mothermilky.html

Knock knock,
Who's there?
It's Mother news, with a special 20th anniversary commemorative... thing for Mother.

( Edit: Don't get too excited, it's like 80 bucks for a planner. The real exciting part is that Itoi owns this company and he decided it was a nice year for Mother...)
thats awesome, but whose idea was it to have the display art of some kid sitting in a bathtub while looking at it. like what

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The fact that Porky is actually a somewhat likely pick with genuine evidence backing him still blows my mind.
I remember the Smash 4 days where he was a super pipe dream at best
It's crazy to me too since out of all of my top wanted characters throughout the years, I always thought Porky was the biggest pipedream out of the Nintendo characters that I thought had no chance in hell. But now it seems like the exact opposite, it seems like now he is on the higher side of happening which, almost makes me squeal thinking about it:

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
The leak is super fake but why does it have to be the clay model? All Mother 3 spirits use pixel art, even Lucas's fighter spirit. What I would love to be Porkys fighter spirit is some more obscure official art of him. Theres this great picture of him in the spider mech in some manual that looks good. Also since people are unsure how he'd look he could have two fighter spirits. A bedmech and a spidermech. Not sure what art would be used for spidermech though. Guess it would be pixelart

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Just a friendly reminder not to get our hopes too high. Porky could still be added as a Spirit or Boss fight at any moment. The last thing we want is another Bandana Dee situation, where people start spouting that he's "practically confirmed" only to get unreasonably upset when he doesn't make it.

While I still think Porky is hella likely he isn't 100% happening just yet. Have a good night and thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Just a friendly reminder not to get our hopes too high. Porky could still be added as a Spirit or Boss fight at any moment. The last thing we want is another Bandana Dee situation, where people start spouting that he's "practically confirmed" only to get unreasonably upset when he doesn't make it.

While I still think Porky is hella likely he isn't 100% happening just yet. Have a good night and thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
There are probably more fighter dlc packs coming in the future, so it's likely we will get him at some point

EDIT: This man made his senior quote this:
Incredible.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom