• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Been looking at "Earthbound cognitive dissonance" which is the most popular fangame of Earthbound and if someone doesn't want to get spoiled, I will talk about that hack here:
So, everything that happens in this fangame is set between Mother 1 and 2, what happen to Giygas and how he ended up becoming that red spiral of doom.
In this game, you also meet a mysterious character called "Greyface"

You see him everywhere, he's pretty antagonistic and childist and yes, that's Ness's hat, it's also said that he is a human in disguise.
Let's see if you know who he is by just hearing his fight theme:

Did you hear it? around 0:20.
Yes, it's him, but then you will ask me, if this is a prequel of Earthbound, why is he here?
Time travel, of course, even if this is a prequel, he is actually an adult Porky in a disguise, this fangame also tries to explain how he got the "friend's yo-yo".

Also, yes, he have the spider mech.
Favorite part of all of this it that remix. It has a nice nes sound to it while also using new instruments

GlitchyReal

Smash Rookie
(Edits: Grammar, tweaks for accuracy, adding small details as necessary to avoid double-posting.)

Been following from afar for a while and thought I had something useful to share.

I'm a big Earthbound + Xenoblade fan (I main Ness and Shulk) and noticed how Smash Ultimate is handling spoilers from games represented through Spirits. While Ultimate totally blows some of these spoilers, I'm marking them up. I promise, it's relevant!

"Mumkhar"'s Spirit can be Enhanced to become "Metal Face". While this reveal is surprising in the original game, it isn't very important overall. However, Fiora is. She's believed to have died in the beginning and avenging her death is the primary motivation of Shulk for the first half of the game. She is revealed to be alive and kept so by the Mechon in a mechanical body. Smash Bros. Ultimate allows you to Enhance "Fiora"'s Spirit to "Mecha Fiora" This effectively spoils a major twist from a 2010-2012 game (re-released in 2015). The game isn't terribly old but Smash seems to expect that the spoilers are old news, which is reasonable to assume. They did actually spoil it already in her trophy in Smash 4, a year before the N3DS release!

With all the in mind, let's look at two particular Spirits from a game called MOTHER 3...

During the final section of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light', you encounter both Claus and Hinawa on opposite sides of the field just before the final fight. That in itself doesn't mean anything but is interesting to note. But Claus is his own unique Spirit. This is important. After achieving one of the three endings (for me was the "True Ending", not sure about the others), the player is awarded with the Spirit of "The Masked Man". What's really interesting here is that Nintendo has chosen *not* to spoil the Masked Man's identity by making Claus "Enhanceable" (or, probably more appropriately, making the Masked Man Enhanceable to Claus as per MOTHER 3's ending). Why this emphasis on MOTHER 3 at the ending of World of Light and choosing not to spoil a character reveal for an un-released 2006 game, especially giving both Claus and the Masked Man Spirits to the player in such close proximity? Probably nothing, but it piqued my interest.

(side note: They also tried rather awkwardly to keep Sheik's identity hidden in Smash 4's trophy descriptions due to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D being relatively fresh for younger players who may not know due to her being split from Zelda since Brawl.)

With all that said, what do I make of it? Compounding it with all the previous evidence pointing towards Porky's inclusion in Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighter Pass, I think it is highly likely a MOTHER/Earthbound collection is incoming with Porky as a DLC promo. A straight translation would be a lot of work and have no appeal for the Japanese audience outside of porting up to the Switch as it re-released on Wii U in Japan already. For a lot of us who want MOTHER 3 localized, we've already played the fan-translation and would get nothing out of Nintendo officially releasing the game other than the opportunity to monetarily say "Thank you" to Itoi and his team (which a lot of us are also totally down with!).

Now, a collection... *that* would get everyone on board. New for original 2006 Japanese players, new for us *ahem* "PC version" players, and new for everyone else who has no idea what's what. MOTHER wouldn't sell well by itself? Pack it with 2+3. Just want MOTHER 3 but Nintendo wants to justify a full-retail price? Pack it with 1+2. And for any kind of "censorship" issue they want to address, well, now they have new code to slide around. No fiddling with ancient GBA tech. Win-Win.

But here's a last interesting bit I couldn't help but notice... apparently, according to WikiBound, in the Japanese (and only) version of MOTHER 3, the Masked Man is referred to as the "Masked *Boy*". This, to me, heavily implies that Nintendo is at least referring to the fan-translation for it's own localization. TOMATO, primary author of the fan-translation, has offered Nintendo the translation for free, publicly. Nintendo does not owe TOMATO or the MOTHER 3 fan-translation team any sort of notification to use said translation. They could just do it.

Entering "Speculation Land" here, but the absence of Fassad as a Spirit is interesting since he is a greatly influential character to MOTHER 3 and easily more prominent than the likes of Master Belch (as iconic as he is to us fans). However, putting him in with the name "Fassad" would give away the use of the translation as that is a wholly originally non-Japanese-only pun on his name which would likely need a similar treatment for other languages Ultimate released in, unless, of course, they just went with a straight Japanese, "Yokuba".

...and now with Reggie leaving NoA-- he's got nothing to lose. He has our goodwill and respect. He's at the literal top of the company (this side of the world anyway). People don't randomly just retire, they work for it, plan for it. And I think he's just cool enough to have this collection/port/localization of at least MOTHER 3 (with Porky getting Smash players hyped) pushed to release and announced by April 15th, his last day in the company. There's also that rumor of getting a new, unannounced game for April that "fans would be delighted to know" about according to Takashi Mochizuki from Wall Street Journal. The only Switch release I am aware of that's releasing in April that has any ties to Nintendo is BOX BOY! + BOX GIRL! which is represented in Smash Ultimate via a Spirit and published by Nintendo so it could be it, but I kinda hope not.

...but don't forget April Fool's Day is for pranksters... "Spankety spankety spankety!"

Of course, all of this means absolutely nothing. But this "nothing" is suspiciously looking like a "MOTHER 3"-shaped void and I like to ponder the possibilities.
Perhaps, Porky was there for that first contact with Galeem and his army of Master Hands... but only the Absolutely Safe Capsule was vaporized, freeing Porky himself, and he felt no obligation to help Kirby... or anyone else for that matter. Maybe he gathered them to Galeem for annihilation in the first place. (I can see the reveal trailer now...)

Get your hopes high and get your expectations real.

"In the original Japanese text, the Masked Man was referred to instead as the "Masked Boy", which is referenced at the end of Chapter 5 where the end monologue mentions that his profile is still youthful."

https://wikibound.info/wiki/Masked_Man

"Fassad's Japanese name, Yokuba, is derived from the term "yokubari", meaning ambition or greed. The name Fassad, used in the Mother 3 fan translation, is derived from both the Arabic term "fassad", meaning corruption, as well as being a play on the word "façade", which is appropriate to how the character covers his cruelty with a pleasant demeanor to the people of Tazmily. The idea to use the name Fassad for the fan translation is credited to Ben Cocchiaro.

https://wikibound.info/wiki/Fassad

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
(Edits: Grammar, tweaks for accuracy, adding small details as necessary to avoid double-posting.)

Been following from afar for a while and thought I had something useful to share.

I'm a big Earthbound + Xenoblade fan (I main Ness and Shulk) and noticed how Smash Ultimate is handling spoilers from games represented through Spirits. While Ultimate totally blows some of these spoilers, I'm marking them up. I promise, it's relevant!

"Mumkhar"'s Spirit can be Enhanced to become "Metal Face". While this reveal is surprising in the original game, it isn't very important overall. However, Fiora is. She's believed to have died in the beginning and avenging her death is the primary motivation of Shulk for the first half of the game. She is revealed to be alive and kept so by the Mechon in a mechanical body. Smash Bros. Ultimate allows you to Enhance "Fiora"'s Spirit to "Mecha Fiora" This effectively spoils a major twist from a 2010-2012 game (re-released in 2015). The game isn't terribly old but Smash seems to expect that the spoilers are old news, which is reasonable to assume. They did actually spoil it already in her trophy in Smash 4, a year before the N3DS release!

With all the in mind, let's look at two particular Spirits from a game called MOTHER 3...

During the final section of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light', you encounter both Claus and Hinawa on opposite sides of the field just before the final fight. That in itself doesn't mean anything but is interesting to note. But Claus is his own unique Spirit. This is important. After achieving one of the three endings (for me was the "True Ending", not sure about the others), the player is awarded with the Spirit of "The Masked Man". What's really interesting here is that Nintendo has chosen *not* to spoil the Masked Man's identity by making Claus "Enhanceable" (or, probably more appropriately, making the Masked Man Enhanceable to Claus as per MOTHER 3's ending). Why this emphasis on MOTHER 3 at the ending of World of Light and choosing not to spoil a character reveal for an un-released 2006 game, especially giving both Claus and the Masked Man Spirits to the player in such close proximity? Probably nothing, but it piqued my interest.

(side note: They also tried rather awkwardly to keep Sheik's identity hidden in Smash 4's trophy descriptions due to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D being relatively fresh for younger players who may not know due to her being split from Zelda since Brawl.)

With all that said, what do I make of it? Compounding it with all the previous evidence pointing towards Porky's inclusion in Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighter Pass, I think it is highly likely a MOTHER/Earthbound collection is incoming with Porky as a DLC promo. A straight translation would be a lot of work and have no appeal for the Japanese audience outside of porting up to the Switch as it re-released on Wii U in Japan already. For a lot of us who want MOTHER 3 localized, we've already played the fan-translation and would get nothing out of Nintendo officially releasing the game other than the opportunity to monetarily say "Thank you" to Itoi and his team (which a lot of us are also totally down with!).

Now, a collection... *that* would get everyone on board. New for original 2006 Japanese players, new for us *ahem* "PC version" players, and new for everyone else who has no idea what's what. MOTHER wouldn't sell well by itself? Pack it with 2+3. Just want MOTHER 3 but Nintendo wants to justify a full-retail price? Pack it with 1+2. And for any kind of "censorship" issue they want to address, well, now they have new code to slide around. No fiddling with ancient GBA tech. Win-Win.

But here's a last interesting bit I couldn't help but notice... apparently, according to WikiBound, in the Japanese (and only) version of MOTHER 3, the Masked Man is referred to as the "Masked *Boy*". This, to me, heavily implies that Nintendo is at least referring to the fan-translation for it's own localization. TOMATO, primary author of the fan-translation, has offered Nintendo the translation for free, publicly. Nintendo does not owe TOMATO or the MOTHER 3 fan-translation team any sort of notification to use said translation. They could just do it.

Entering "Speculation Land" here, but the absence of Fassad as a Spirit is interesting since he is a greatly influential character to MOTHER 3 and easily more prominent than the likes of Master Belch (as iconic as he is to us fans). However, putting him in with the name "Fassad" would give away the use of the translation as that is a wholly originally non-Japanese-only pun on his name which would likely need a similar treatment for other languages Ultimate released in, unless, of course, they just went with a straight Japanese, "Yokuba".

...and now with Reggie leaving NoA-- he's got nothing to lose. He has our goodwill and respect. He's at the literal top of the company (this side of the world anyway). People don't randomly just retire, they work for it, plan for it. And I think he's just cool enough to have this collection/port/localization of at least MOTHER 3 (with Porky getting Smash players hyped) pushed to release and announced by April 15th, his last day in the company. There's also that rumor of getting a new, unannounced game for April that "fans would be delighted to know" about according to Takashi Mochizuki from Wall Street Journal. The only Switch release I am aware of that's releasing in April that has any ties to Nintendo is BOX BOY! + BOX GIRL! which is represented in Smash Ultimate via a Spirit and published by Nintendo so it could be it, but I kinda hope not.

...but don't forget April Fool's Day is for pranksters... "Spankety spankety spankety!"

Of course, all of this means absolutely nothing. But this "nothing" is suspiciously looking like a "MOTHER 3"-shaped void and I like to ponder the possibilities.
Perhaps, Porky was there for that first contact with Galeem and his army of Master Hands... but only the Absolutely Safe Capsule was vaporized, freeing Porky himself, and he felt no obligation to help Kirby... or anyone else for that matter. Maybe he gathered them to Galeem for annihilation in the first place. (I can see the reveal trailer now...)

"In the original Japanese text, the Masked Man was referred to instead as the "Masked Boy", which is referenced at the end of Chapter 5 where the end monologue mentions that his profile is still youthful."

"Fassad's Japanese name, Yokuba, is derived from the term "yokubari", meaning ambition or greed. The name Fassad, used in the Mother 3 fan translation, is derived from both the Arabic term "fassad", meaning corruption, as well as being a play on the word "façade", which is appropriate to how the character covers his cruelty with a pleasant demeanor to the people of Tazmily. The idea to use the name Fassad for the fan translation is credited to Ben Cocchiaro.

That was a bloody long read but was totally worth it!

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Is it me? Because recently there’s been a lot more support for Porky theses last few days...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Personally; my only regret is that Porky AND sans probably can't both get in Smash (cause they're the same person, obviously :4pacman:)

Honestly I'd be happy with either though.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet

Only thing odd in this is you don't bring up Salsa. That's the name given to him by the fantranslation. In the original hes just monkey. That's huge showing that they're aware of the fan translation

GlitchyReal

Smash Rookie
That was a bloody long read but was totally worth it!
Thank you, Lundcraft. I put a lot of thought into it :)

Only thing odd in this is you don't bring up Salsa. That's the name given to him by the fantranslation. In the original hes just monkey. That's huge showing that they're aware of the fan translation
You are partially correct. Salsa's name in Japanese is Saursa which is a pun on the word 'saru' which in Japanese means 'monkey'. Salsa's name officially translated into English for his sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in March of 2008 (North America) while the fan-translation of MOTHER 3 released in the following October.

"Salsa (Sarusa)'s name likely makes use of wordplay, as Saru (猿) is Japanese for monkey."

https://earthbound.fandom.com/wiki/Salsa

Another thing to talk about, apparently The Masked Man Spirit artwork in Smash Ultimate was from a fan-made recreation of the sprite rather than the official in-game sprite, the difference being two misplaced pixels. Personally, I can't see the difference and don't understand the issue, plus the person who Tweeted this information had their account suspended so I can't really see what's being discussed here.

However, this could imply that Nintendo is not dealing with original assets if a MOTHER 3 release is incoming, implying a remade collection rather than a straight port. It also could mean someone at Nintendo just Googled the art to save time and nabbed the wrong one. According to my file in Smash Ultimate 2.0.1, The Masked Man is displaying the correct artwork as I understand it.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
As much as I’d love for Reggie to reveal Mother 3 as his final farewell and for the joke to come to a close, that kinda seems a little too good to be true

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Another thing to talk about, apparently The Masked Man Spirit artwork in Smash Ultimate was from a fan-made recreation of the sprite rather than the official in-game sprite, the difference being two misplaced pixels. Personally, I can't see the difference and don't understand the issue, plus the person who Tweeted this information had their account suspended so I can't really see what's being discussed here.
Yeah, the fanmade sprite just had a few pixels difference, with one being more-noticeable on the helmet (a lighter gray pixel I assume to add some shading). Apparently part of another sprite from the same fan was cut off and hidden behind transparency or something, as well, since it was part of the original image. It was changed to the official sprite in 2.0.0.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Personally; my only regret is that Porky AND sans probably can't both get in Smash (cause they're the same person, obviously :4pacman:)

Honestly I'd be happy with either though.

wait i thought the joke was that ness was sans

You are partially correct. Salsa's name in Japanese is Saursa which is a pun on the word 'saru' which in Japanese means 'monkey'. Salsa's name officially translated into English for his sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in March of 2008 (North America) while the fan-translation of MOTHER 3 released in the following October.

"Salsa (Sarusa)'s name likely makes use of wordplay, as Saru (猿) is Japanese for monkey."

However, this could imply that Nintendo is not dealing with original assets if a MOTHER 3 release is incoming, implying a remade collection rather than a straight port. It also could mean someone at Nintendo just Googled the art to save time and nabbed the wrong one. According to my file in Smash Ultimate 2.0.1, The Masked Man is displaying the correct artwork as I understand it.

i personally think it would make more sense that they just googled masked man and grabbed an image off google. Then again, you think a mistake like that would be recognized but its so unnoticeable that it could go both ways.

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Every day I get nervous that we might not get Porky or Mother 3, but then I listen to both of Porky's boss themes and I get abit more hope again. I jumped on the Skull Kid hype, so just think I am being more careful, don't wanna let myself get too hype and let down.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet

Thanks for the correction. Wherever I heard that they said the fan translation came out first

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
All right I'm turning in my badge and gun. Lundcraft is the real detective here. Thanks for the share and from all of us, welcome to our little corner of fandom!

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I just read an article about the history of Reggie and what he says about Mother 3 localzation. Every single time they just say that it isnt a title they are working on and Reggie would love to bring it to the west. Also the eye beams.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
All right I'm turning in my badge and gun. Lundcraft is the real detective here. Thanks for the share and from all of us, welcome to our little corner of fandom!
What? Who? Where? Huh? Help? I am so confused! Call the cops! Am I the Cops? What's going on?!

I just read an article about the history of Reggie and what he says about Mother 3 localzation. Every single time they just say that it isnt a title they are working on and Reggie would love to bring it to the west. Also the eye beams.
I was literally reading the same thing last night!

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Is that guy credible?

I remember people comparing someone who isn't credible to him.
Eh, not really, he's gotten a few things right but he's spotty at best, but at this point it's all we've really got.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I was just reminded of a cool game coming out. Ever heard of Knuckle Sandwich? If you haven't played LISA already (from my profile pic, highly recommend) KS is another game with Mother-like sensibilities and humor.

Here's the Kickstarter demo:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brphy/knuckle-sandwich-a-dang-rpg
And here is the playable demo:
https://andrewbrophy.itch.io/knuckle-sandwich

One of the guys doing music for this particular project has some really great remixes and new tracks in the Earthbound style, nelward.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Every day I get nervous that we might not get Porky or Mother 3, but then I listen to both of Porky's boss themes and I get abit more hope again. I jumped on the Skull Kid hype, so just think I am being more careful, don't wanna let myself get too hype and let down.
Look on the bright side, me and you finally got :ultridley:and :ultkrool:in this game. We've waited for their inclusion since Melee, which is a long *** time.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Look on the bright side, me and you finally got :ultridley:and :ultkrool:in this game. We've waited for their inclusion since Melee, which is a long *** time.
Trust me, I am, I been wanting both since Melee was out! So now that I am becoming a old man, I atleast have that, haha! Still need more villains tho!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Still need more villains tho!
You can never have enough villains am I right? So besides Porky, I would also like to see Pig Ganon, Skull KId, Medusa, Hades, Black Shadow, Kamek, and Wart get all in at some point in the future.
In Sakurai's last Famitsu interview, he mentioned that one of the reasons he added :ultpiranha: was because he thought it would be too boring if all the newcomers were just good guys. That's a very interesting quote from him because it could mean we are getting another villain in the Season Pass and it could be Porky, Sylux, or both. That quote alone gives me more faith in Porky happening.

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
You can never have enough villains am I right? So besides Porky, I would also like to see Pig Ganon, Skull KId, Medusa, Hades, Black Shadow, Kamek, and Wart get all in at some point in the future.
In Sakurai's last Famitsu interview, he mentioned that one of the reasons he added :ultpiranha: was because he thought it would be too boring if all the newcomers were just good guys. That's a very interesting quote from him because it could mean we are getting another villain in the Season Pass and it could be Porky, Sylux, or both. That quote alone gives me more faith in Porky happening.
Zant and Galacta Knight would also make some good fighters, specially Galacta as an echo. I do feel like Porky has the biggest chance right now, but have my doubts as well. I could see them doing the same as they did with the plant and just give us a fighter on the side, without stage and music.

Last edited:

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I was just reminded of a cool game coming out. Ever heard of Knuckle Sandwich? If you haven't played LISA already (from my profile pic, highly recommend) KS is another game with Mother-like sensibilities and humor.

Here's the Kickstarter demo:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brphy/knuckle-sandwich-a-dang-rpg
And here is the playable demo:
https://andrewbrophy.itch.io/knuckle-sandwich

One of the guys doing music for this particular project has some really great remixes and new tracks in the Earthbound style, nelward.
I really need to play Lisa. I've looked into the games a decent amount and they look really good. I'm not sure if you've heard of it but theres a fangame called Lisa the Pointless that you'd probably enjoy if you haven't played it yet

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

i'm still a bit shocked the Masked Man fan recreation sprite from a friend i knew
he goes by as Nondell on twitter, very amazing pixel artist.

Is that guy credible?

I remember people comparing someone who isn't credible to him.
HECK NO
Marcus Sellars is the laughing stock of a insider even gets shut down by other insiders as well for his lies.
he's usually a tier reference to what insider's credible is like in comparison

avoid him at all costs, he's a nuisance in several video game communities including this one

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I have to say that while I support both Porky and Ninten, I can't figure out who has the better chance. We can all agree that if Nintendo celebrates Mother's 30th Anniversary, it would likely come with a new Smash character, right? Well, it's technically the 30th anniversary of Mother 1, even though it's the franchise's 30th birthday, it's still Mother 1 that started it. This makes me lean towards Ninten. But then, it would also be the perfect time to localize Mother 3, which makes me lean towards Porky.

To make matters worse, I can't decide who I'd rather have. I want Ninten to complete the protagonists, but at the same time Porky would be such an awesome character with his mech. Why can't we just have both...

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I have to say that while I support both Porky and Ninten, I can't figure out who has the better chance. We can all agree that if Nintendo celebrates Mother's 30th Anniversary, it would likely come with a new Smash character, right? Well, it's technically the 30th anniversary of Mother 1, even though it's the franchise's 30th birthday, it's still Mother 1 that started it. This makes me lean towards Ninten. But then, it would also be the perfect time to localize Mother 3, which makes me lean towards Porky.

To make matters worse, I can't decide who I'd rather have. I want Ninten to complete the protagonists, but at the same time Porky would be such an awesome character with his mech. Why can't we just have both...

I love Ninten as a character, but another kid with more PSI powers isn't what i really want. Porky would be a completely unique foghter with his mech. I just dont want another PSI using kid. Also hate to bring this up, but he does kinda look like ness and it would confuse people who've never played a mother game. And at the end of the day, Porky just has more going for him and is more of a unique character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Why can't we just have both...
Exactly! Ninten can be Ness's Echo Fighter and Porky can be a unique newcomer so in that way, everybody wins. Sad news though is that isn't going to be any new Echo Fighters coming in the Season Pass, Sakurai said it himself. So in my opinion, it's going to one or the other.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd rather Ninten not be an echo fighter; PK Flash isn't even in his game, and he could use some unique stuffs exclusive to Mother 1, and potentially other stuffs that all three games have. As for his design, just change his face a bit (it already seems different from Ness's) and give him the bandana from the commercial or official novel, and maybe change his shirt to the one from the commercial or simply make it blue with one yellow stripe.

I want Ninten and Porky equally, though.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Exactly! Ninten can be Ness's Echo Fighter and Porky can be a unique newcomer so in that way, everybody wins. Sad news though is that isn't going to be any new Echo Fighters coming in the Season Pass, Sakurai said it himself. So in my opinion, it's going to one or the other.
The thing is, if Ninten gets in, I'd rather him not be Ness's echo fighter and he can work perfectly fine without being one. Ninten has his own abilities and items from Mother that would make him stand out from Ness and Lucas. But at the same time, getting to fight in a giant ****ing mech would still be sick.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I really need to play Lisa. I've looked into the games a decent amount and they look really good. I'm not sure if you've heard of it but theres a fangame called Lisa the Pointless that you'd probably enjoy if you haven't played it yet
You know, I reckon I have heard of that. I was also heretofore completely unaware of the Mother fangame so I guess I have some gaming to do.

Thing about LISA is it has more adult themes and blood in it but it transitions from quirky to hilarious to tragic/grim very fluidly the way Mother sometimes does.

Top Bottom