• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
if porky gets in Ill be so happy
I would say his chances are like 70% or 75% percent because of these reasons:

1. He doesn't have a spirit.

2. The Absolute Safe Capsule is a spirit, but it is the empty sprite version of it so he isn't in it.

3. Sakurai mentioned in his last Famitsu interview that one of the reasons he added Piranha Plant was because he thought it would be too boring if all the new characters were just good guys. Porky and Sylux don't have spirits, so that statement increases their chances for the Season Pass.

4. Mother's 30th anniversary is coming up this year and Porky as DLC in Smash could be a promotion for that.

5. It's the year of the pig.

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Right now it's only a fan rule. Until Sakurai says it deconfirms, don't put stock into that theory.
Fighter spirits should be enough proof. Why would they go through work to add a spirit and then take it out? Sure it's not 100% that they deconfirm but there's more going towards it deconfirming than not.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fighter spirits should be enough proof. Why would they go through work to add a spirit and then take it out? Sure it's not 100% that they deconfirm but there's more going towards it deconfirming than not.
All they have to do is either rename the original Spirit or keep both like they did for the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies in Smash 4.

I mean you can't equip Fighter Spirits so there's no real reason why they'd have to rename or remove the character's original Spirit.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Smash 4, but got upgraded as fighters as DLC so it's possible spirits don't deconfirm. I know Mewtwo and Lucas were veterans before that, but it can still happen with a completely new character.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
All they have to do is either rename the original Spirit or keep both like they did for the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies in Smash 4.

I mean you can't equip Fighter Spirits so there's no real reason why they'd have to rename or remove the character's original Spirit.
Wouldn't that mean that dlc gets better spirit treatment than a normal bass roster fighter? I'm not buying it. Sakurai is unpredictable though so you could be right.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wouldn't that mean that dlc gets better spirit treatment than a normal bass roster fighter? I'm not buying it. Sakurai is unpredictable though so you could be right.
well Mario has a lot of Spirits so I don't think so.

Link, Pit, and Sonic have more than just their fighter spirit as well to name a few.

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Like I said, spirits deconfirming has more evidence so I'm sticking with that until proven otherwise. Only time will tell.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Like I said, spirits deconfirming has more evidence so I'm sticking with that until proven otherwise. Only time will tell.
But doesn't it make no sense that Nintendo would limit their creativity by removing 1,000+ possible character options? Especially when many of them are fan-favorites? Honestly either side of the whole spirit debate can be correct which is why I've tried my best to stay neutral, but I can't help but find it fishy that Nintendo would handicap themselves just for png pics.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But doesn't it make no sense that Nintendo would limit their creativity by removing 1,000+ possible character options? Especially when many of them are fan-favorites? Honestly either side of the whole spirit debate can be correct which is why I've tried my best to stay neutral, but I can't help but find it fishy that Nintendo would handicap themselves just for png pics.
I could only see Nintendo doing that if Joker and the 4 remaining Season Pass fighters are our last characters for Ultimate.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I could only see Nintendo doing that if Joker and the 4 remaining Season Pass fighters are our last characters for Ultimate.
I agree. I suppose the future will tell, but something tells me they're going to be supporting Ultimate for a while. It's making the big bucks.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The switch will be supported for 10 years who’s to say ultimate wouldn’t be the same? IMO sooner or later Porky will be in...

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
So i was just thinking maybe a cool/fitting cinematic introduction for Porky, if he gets in, would show the absolutely safe capsule sitting all alone. Then, Galeem's light shows up and destroys the capsule and Porky just flops onto the ground. He pushes himself up then does his *cough* *wheeze* before flopping back onto the ground and queuing the smash thing and says "Porky Means Business!". Then it zooms out showing his mech waiting for him to get back inside of it.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
StarmanJr did that?
that's awesome
(also him being outside the mech feels out of character but its still really good!)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...ue-ball-z-read-op.98257/page-90#post-17773665
View attachment 191545
View attachment 191546

This is what he said, I don't trust resetera and people from there, a lot of fake leaks and rumours have started there, and he is not even sure about it.
I really doubt it, not only because Nintendo themselves have been teasing that game too much to go back now, but because this is not the Nintendo family friendly from the past, they are now more open to the idea of adult games in their consoles.
he even said it was old info
but its really not that far off to what NoA would to keep delaying Mother 3

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
StarmanJr did that?
that's awesome
(also him being outside the mech feels out of character but its still really good!)

he even said it was old info
but its really not that far off to what NoA would to keep delaying Mother 3
Where you not someone with insider info as well or did I hear wrong? Also, full respect on your avatar picture!

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I have two things I wanna say. One is a question, other is a theory I have. How you think the rest of the smash fanbase would react to Porky in smash? Also, my theory is, if we get all mother games in one, that Porky would be a promotion/bonus character like Piranha Plant and not part of the five.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I have two things I wanna say. One is a question, other is a theory I have. How you think the rest of the smash fanbase would react to Porky in smash? Also, my theory is, if we get all mother games in one, that Porky would be a promotion/bonus character like Piranha Plant and not part of the five.
I think the rest of the community will be pretty okay with him.
Sure there will be the few “OMG WHY PORKY HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE IN OVER MY CHARACTER!!!!!” People but as long as he’s a unique character with a fun playstyle, the smash fans would eventually warm up to him. And to be honest, I think they will start saying he always deserved to be in like they did with Ridley and Rool and all the haters will suddenly disappear.

And I think that theory would be the most sensible way to include Porky to smash but I feel like if they were to do that, they would have included him before plant probably

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also, my theory is, if we get all mother games in one, that Porky would be a promotion/bonus character like Piranha Plant and not part of the five.
It's more likely he will be one of the 4 remaining Season Pass fighter whether than another bonus character like Piranha Plant. Porky as paid DLC will still promote Mother 3.

I think the rest of the community will be pretty okay with him.
Sure there will be the few “OMG WHY PORKY HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE IN OVER MY CHARACTER!!!!!” People but as long as he’s a unique character with a fun playstyle, the smash fans would eventually warm up to him. And to be honest, I think they will start saying he always deserved to be in like they did with Ridley and Rool and all the haters will suddenly disappear.

And I think that theory would be the most sensible way to include Porky to smash but I feel like if they were to do that, they would have included him before plant probably
LMAO!!! I remember the K. Rool haters calling him Wart the frog or a Bowser Echo, and when he got revealed most of them were all like ''He is so unique and deserved to be in the roster. I always supported him.'' Lol! I'm not joking, I've seen haters go two face like that about a character after their reveal.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
How you think the rest of the smash fanbase would react to Porky in smash?
Well, nobody expected Piranha Plant but people mostly reacted positive for having an interesting moveset, Porky is less of a WTF character, so I think there will be more positive reactions.
Specially since he is another villain and the fanbase have more positive reactions with villains than with sword characters or FE Characters.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Well, nobody expected Piranha Plant but people mostly reacted positive for having an interesting moveset, Porky is less of a WTF character, so I think there will be more positive reactions.
Specially since he is another villain and the fanbase have more positive reactions with villains than with sword characters or FE Characters.
That's because Piranha Plant is a good boi.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think tomorrow we'll find out what that game is that "fans will love to see"? I think I slightly misquoted it but still I'm super curious about what it is

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think tomorrow we'll find out what that game is that "fans will love to see"? I think I slightly misquoted it but still I'm super curious about what it is
I have an good idea what it is from reading leaks, but won't spoil the surpise, in case it's true c;

Top Bottom