• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Acually cried when Ridley was revealed, because thought he wouldnt happen, even tho I wanted him as well since Melee. Such a kid even when I am old, haha. I am just generally big fan of villains and Porky is already joined the list of villains I would love in smash. Got alot more respect for the character after playing Earthbound myself, just need to get into Mother 3. I have a habbit of reading up on alot of lore but never acually playing it myself.
I couldn't think when Ridley was revealed because of Sakurai revealing every veteran coming back moments before and K. Rool almost gave me a heart attack. I'm also a big fan of villains too. :)

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't think when Ridley was revealed because of Sakurai revealing every veteran coming back moments before and K. Rool almost gave me a heart attack. I'm also a big fan of villains too. :)
We really need more villains and I feel like Porky is one of the few big nintendo villains left.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We really need more villains and I feel like Porky is one of the few big nintendo villains left.
Porky and Classic Pig Ganon are the last two big Nintendo villains that need to be in the roster. Anybody like Skull Kid, Medusa, Hades, or Wart would be a nice bonus but as of right now, those two I mentioned above are the last two big important baddies left.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Porky and Classic Pig Ganon are the last two big Nintendo villains that need to be in the roster. Anybody like Skull Kid, Medusa, Hades, or Wart would be a nice bonus but as of right now, those two I mentioned above are the last two big important baddies left.
Porky and Pig Ganon?
You mean Pig Porkanon?
pig_themed_nintendo_final_boss_by_daimyo_koikoi_dcq7itb-pre.jpg

Zeox

Smash Champion
You drew that art? If so, than you did a good job. ;)
No no no no, I wish I was that good of an artist, found it in deviantart like a year ago, let me see if I can find it....
There we go:
https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Pig-Themed-Nintendo-Final-Boss-769615103
Here you can tell the actual author how cool is it.
Funnily, searching for this I found a Bowser Ganon too, is unrelated but I think it looks fantastic:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No no no no, I wish I was that good of an artist, found it in deviantart like a year ago, let me see if I can find it....
There we go:
https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Pig-Themed-Nintendo-Final-Boss-769615103
Here you can tell the actual author how cool is it.
Funnily, searching for this I found a Bowser Ganon too, is unrelated but I think it looks fantastic:
Awesome!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman

You're gonna have a pork time
I hate undertale...but this I like, funny thing I had a dream that I was at E3 and a MOTHER trilogy was unveiled and Porky was revealed to be DLC...but then I woke up. ****

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

this video may only be 50 seconds long, but what would ness think if he found out what Porky came to be? What would Ness think about his old friends fate? Really brings the feels. Porky really didn't deserve anything close to this.\

EDIT:

I found this picture of what Porky may have turned out to look like after all those years. This. Is. Horrifying.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
My girlfriend just told me this crazy idea imagine if Lucas and Claus were Ness and Paula’s or Picky and Tracy’s descendants it would be mind blowing if true

[EDIT] Porky never deserved his fate His Parents and Giygas ruined him. However I wonder what Aloysius and Lardna would think about him becoming the Pig King, would they be proud?

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING BUT I DID NOT DO THIS GOT THIS FROM STARMANJRSBLOG IN TUMBLR

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

Zeox

Smash Champion
Already posted in this same page, here:
And I already have my opinion here:
It's called Rumour for a reason, it's a guy that works on a magazine, not a Nintendo employee, it's not even called "LEAK", so not even they are sure this is real or not.
I wouldn't think too much about it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The rumor that Nintendo won't release it because of controversial reasons comes from Imran Khan, a known insider, so this worries me.

It's stupid though because:

-Games with drugs, guns, gore, and other adult material that lots of parents are apparently fine letting their kids play.
-A true tragedy with comic relief is the thing that makes everyone mad.

Just slap a T-rating on it like they did for EarthBound; the PK Love scene with the Magypsy is probably just people with their minds in the gutter, there's nothing offensive about the Magypsies, wild mushrooms can actually cause stuff like that, and the other stuff is exaggerated or stuff that teens can handle in a game with these graphics. Not every game has to be roses and lollipops to be acceptable under an M rating. They can even censor some words if they want to without ruining the dialogue.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
The rumor that Nintendo won't release it because of controversial reasons comes from Imran Khan, a known insider, so this worries me.

It's stupid though because:

-Games with drugs, guns, gore, and other adult material that lots of parents are apparently fine letting their kid play.
-A true tragedy with comic relief is the thing that makes everyone mad.

Just slap a T-rating on it like they did for EarthBound; the PK Love scene with the Magypsie is probably just people with their minds in the gutter, there's nothing offensive about the Magypsies, and the other stuff is exaggerated or stuff that teens can handle in a game with these graphics. Not every game has to be roses and lollipops to be acceptable under an M rating.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...ue-ball-z-read-op.98257/page-90#post-17773665
cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

This is what he said, I don't trust resetera and people from there, a lot of fake leaks and rumours have started there, and he is not even sure about it.
I really doubt it, not only because Nintendo themselves have been teasing that game too much to go back now, but because this is not the Nintendo family friendly from the past, they are now more open to the idea of adult games in their consoles.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...ue-ball-z-read-op.98257/page-90#post-17773665
View attachment 191545
View attachment 191546

This is what he said, I don't trust resetera and people from there, a lot of fake leaks and rumours have started there, and he is not even sure about it.
I really doubt it, not only because Nintendo themselves have been teasing that game too much to go back now, but because this is not the Nintendo family friendly from the past, they are now more open to the idea of adult games in their consoles.
Yeah, I'm just worried it might be true.

I already own an English cartridge but it'd be nice to see an official release. I know Nintendo is more-open to mature games now, but they still seem hesitant when it comes to their own first-parties (save for maybe Fire Emblem? I haven't played the games but it seems to have some mature stuffs).

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It's very odd that Porky has no spirit, but at least he does have some representation. I know New Pork City is technically Lucas' stage, but the thing is literally Porky's own city. It's Porky themed, has a Porky statue, little Porkies floating on balloons. And hey, having a stage is more than you can say about other Mother characters.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
My biggest concern is that this could very well be Porky’s last chance to be playable, since when the next smash comes out (if we get one) Porky will have to compete with returning veterans for spaces and other ballot picks that may have placed higher than him.
And I think Sakurai mentioned somewhere that th next roster would be massively streamlined.
I’m worried but optimistic

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My biggest concern is that this could very well be Porky’s last chance to be playable, since when the next smash comes out (if we get one) Porky will have to compete with returning veterans for spaces and other ballot picks that may have placed higher than him.
And I think Sakurai mentioned somewhere that th next roster would be massively streamlined.
I wouldn't worry TOO much. I'm of the belief that Smash 6 will be the port everyone thought Ultimate would be. Think of it like Street Fighter 2.... people love that game so much that Capcom decided just to keep releasing it. I think Ultimate may undergo somthing similar.

The-Great-Punkin

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been reading this thread since before Ultimate came out and I finally made an account on SmashBoards to join the Pigmask Army. I 100% support Porky in Smash, (He's my most wanted character) and I've wanted him since The Smash Ballot. The EarthBound/Mother Series in my opinion is one of the best Nintendo has ever released and I hope they celebrate the 30th. This thread has given me a lot of hope that Porky will make his way back into Super Smash Brothers. Also if possible I'd love to join the Pigmask Army.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I believe this is Porky's last chance as well as his best. Sakurai mentioned in his last Famitsu interview that one of the reasons he added Piranha Plant was because he thought it would be too boring if all the new characters were just good guys. What he said right there along with both Porky and Sylux not having spirits gives me great faith and hope Porky will make it.

Hi, I've been reading this thread since before Ultimate came out and I finally made an account on SmashBoards to join the Pigmask Army. I 100% support Porky in Smash, (He's my most wanted character) and I've wanted him since The Smash Ballot. The EarthBound/Mother Series in my opinion is one of the best Nintendo has ever released and I hope they celebrate the 30th. This thread has given me a lot of hope that Porky will make his way back into Super Smash Brothers. Also if possible I'd love to join the Pigmask Army.
Welcome to the Pig Mask Army my friend. ;)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't worry TOO much. I'm of the belief that Smash 6 will be the port everyone thought Ultimate would be. Think of it like Street Fighter 2.... people love that game so much that Capcom decided just to keep releasing it. I think Ultimate may undergo somthing similar.
Incidentally, in one of Games TM's final issues, during early impressions they did compare Ultimate to a yearly updated fighter rerelease that Capcom would put out, when comparing the adjustments between 4 and Ultimate. So your analogy isn't far off at all.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Ultimate imo did ALMOST everything right (wink wink) mechanics wise and adventure mode what more (aside from Porky) do you want?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ultimate imo did ALMOST everything right (wink wink) mechanics wise and adventure mode what more (aside from Porky) do you want?
I don't know..... maybe just Home Run Contest, Break The Targets, Event Matches, All Star Mode, Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, Shantae, Geno, Elma, ect.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
IMO **** Geno and Shantae, Geno isn’t even a official Mario character and also imo Shantae games suck

Top Bottom