• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
If you look up "porky minch smash dlc" or something along those lines more and more things are popping up about him being dlc. His chance of being dlc is starting to become more popular now.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
When he gets in I won’t stop drinking those salty tears

i do think that a lot of people who will be salty that its not third party. Like, since Joker is in smash, everyones saying the craziest predictions; Masterchief, Monter hunter character, and a Dark Souls rep. It annoys me because it seems like people have forgotten that this is a Nintendo game, and when a first party rep gets in everyone is going to be mad because its not banjo. Like the game already has enough third party representation in it with Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Bayo, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Joker. It just annoys me that some people can't rap their head around the fact that the dlc probably wont be all third party because they just jumped on the Smash wagon. Then when there is a first party rep like Porky everyones just going to go nuts like BRO WHAT I WANTED MINECRAFT STEVE AND GENO OMG PORKYS GARBAGE. I wish those people would be a little more open minded with the fact that we may get a first party rep

^rant

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
i do think that a lot of people who will be salty that its not third party. Like, since Joker is in smash, everyones saying the craziest predictions; Masterchief, Monter hunter character, and a Dark Souls rep. It annoys me because it seems like people have forgotten that this is a Nintendo game, and when a first party rep gets in everyone is going to be mad because its not banjo. Like the game already has enough third party representation in it with Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Bayo, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Joker. It just annoys me that some people can't rap their head around the fact that the dlc probably wont be all third party because they just jumped on the Smash wagon. Then when there is a first party rep like Porky everyones just going to go nuts like BRO WHAT I WANTED MINECRAFT STEVE AND GENO OMG PORKYS GARBAGE. I wish those people would be a little more open minded with the fact that we may get a first party rep

^rant
Alot people that I discuss with think that all 5 dlc is gonna be third party and I just don't think that myself.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman

^rant
WHAT YOU WANT DLC NINTENDO CHARACTERS IN A NINTENDO MADE GAME? WHAT ARE YOU NUTS/S

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

^rant
If Porky does get revealed, I'm going to be drinking those salty tears from haters and I am going to brag to everyone that didn't believe me that I was right about Porky being one of the Season Pass fighters.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys is there gonna be a watch party anywhere for the Direct? Hint hint, if anybody streams here link me to your page if you're gonna do it!!!

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Alot people that I discuss with think that all 5 dlc is gonna be third party and I just don't think that myself.
That’s the same with me. Most people I know say they’ll all be third party but I’m having a hard time believing that Nintendo won’t pick at least one NINTENDO character to be in their NINTENDO game.
Fingers crossed that the character they choose is the Porkster

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I have a some theories what will happen with Porky tho.
Either they..
Completly forgot about him (doubt it)
Inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule
Adding him later as a spirit during a event
Adding him as a boss later (maybe)
Adding him as a playable character (maybe)
Think he's too fat to be in smash.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Imagine...

Itoi has said making a new installment in the series (Mother 4) is impossible. He has no interest in doing it, he's expressed that many times. And, he's the owner of the Mother IP so he gets a say in everything. While I wish this could happen, if Itoi doesn't want to make a Mother 4, why would he make 3 HD remakes? You know, games that have to be built entirely from the ground up with new graphics, music, etc. Itoi is satisfied with how the series is now, and I think Nintendo will respect those wishes because if they didn't, we would have another Mother game by now. With the Mother series, Nintendo doesn't have all the power. They don't own it 100%, so they can't make decisions without Itoi's consent. That's why in Smash you will see Shigesato Itoi's name come up in the credits, where for series like Star Fox or Fire Emblem, they would just be listed under Nintendo.

So if Itoi himself says that the series is over and he just wants to be the player now, and he owns the franchise, why would there be new remakes? You might say that he will approve of Nintendo making new games to fulfill his desire, but I don't think that's what Itoi meant. He's satisfied with the official series, but wouldn't mind playing fan-games (which makes sense in the case of Mother 4, since he said he wanted to play that game if someone made it).

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if they release Mother 3 but its a remake like Samus returns.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Imagine...

“and for those who preorder before April 20th, you will also receive a free download code to add the troublesome, time travelling tyrant Porky Minch as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!”

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Completly forgot about him (doubt it)
I'm sure that isn't the case.

Inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule
Spirit of the Capsule in Ultimate is the empty sprite version so no.

Adding him later as a spirit during a event
Possible.

Adding him as a boss later (maybe)
Not likely.

Adding him as a playable character (maybe)
Very possible and it might be the most likely case.

Think he's too fat to be in smash.
If that was the case, than Ridley and K. Rool wouldn't have gotten in.

Imagine...

Please Nintendo, make this happen.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not when, but IF he gets in, let's not pretend he is a 100% lock in, we have to be ready in case he doesn't make it, that way it will hurt less, trust me I supported Ridley for the whole Smash 4 speculation and it didn't felt good when he ended up as a stage hazard.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Not when, but IF he gets in, let's not pretend he is a 100% lock in, we have to be ready in case he doesn't make it, that way it will hurt less, trust me I supported Ridley for the whole Smash 4 speculation and it didn't felt good when he ended up as a stage hazard.
Always felt that saying a character is a "lock" is so dangerous and it can lead to you hyping yourself up more then you should be and then end up being more disappointed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was a Ridley supporter back than too dude and that sucked seeing his deconfirmation after waiting 6 mouths to find out whether knowning his shadow hinted towards him being a boss or a playable character.

Always felt that saying a character is a "lock" is so dangerous and it can lead to you hyping yourself up more then you should be and then end up being more disappointed.
I know because I thought Ridley was a lock for base in the last game and K. Rool was a lock for DLC in Smash 4 because of the Smash Ballot. I'll never say a character is a lock over again, but I am open up though to the idea of a character being very likely if the evidence is there.

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I was a Ridley supporter back than too dude and that sucked seeing his deconfirmation after waiting 6 mouths to find out whether knowning his shadow hinted towards him being a boss or a playable character.

I know because I thought Ridley was a lock for base in the last game and K. Rool was a lock for DLC in Smash 4 because of the Smash Ballot. I'll never say a character is a lock over again, but I am open up though to the idea of a character being very likely if the evidence is there.
I been wanting K.Rool since Melee, so happy that he is finally in. I hyped myself up on Skull Kid and yeah... We know how that ended, tho love the mii costume!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I been wanting K.Rool since Melee, so happy that he is finally in. I hyped myself up on Skull Kid and yeah... We know how that ended, tho love the mii costume!
I've been wanting both K. Rool and Ridley since Melee. The first time I saw their trophies in Melee was when I started wanting them in as playable characters. I'm so happy they are both finally in.

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting both K. Rool and Ridley since Melee. The first time I saw their trophies in Melee was when I started wanting them in as playable characters. I'm so happy they are both finally in.
Acually cried when Ridley was revealed, because thought he wouldnt happen, even tho I wanted him as well since Melee. Such a kid even when I am old, haha. I am just generally big fan of villains and Porky is already joined the list of villains I would love in smash. Got alot more respect for the character after playing Earthbound myself, just need to get into Mother 3. I have a habbit of reading up on alot of lore but never acually playing it myself.

Top Bottom