• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am certain that Sakurai thought about Porky at some point during Ultimate's development. He looked back at old Smash games, obviously, when making the new one, and Porky was a boss in Subspace so...
I heard Sakurai said in his last Famatsu interview that one of the reasons he added Piranha Plant was because he thought it would be boring if most of the newcomers were just good guys. Could that hint towards Porky? I think so. With the inclusion of the highly voted Ballot picks like Ridley, K. Rool, and Dark Samus, it might have influence Sakurai and the development team to want to add a couple of more villains to the rouges gallery in the roster.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I am certain that Sakurai thought about Porky at some point during Ultimate's development. He looked back at old Smash games, obviously, when making the new one, and Porky was a boss in Subspace so...
Well, he had to look back to bring back old stages, like New Pork City, and bosses like Galleom, so of course in some moment he had to look at Porky.
Another thing, I found the full Mother 3 soundtrack remastered, pretty good:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully maybe we’ll recieve some information about both Porky and MOTHER 3 May 12th which just so happens to be MOTHER’S day

That post is recent could it mean... that the new game is Mother 3?

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
From a Reddit post, this is Itoi saying that he wants to experience Mother 3 as a player, which he has never done before (you can look it up yourself in google translator if you want)

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
From a Reddit post, this is Itoi saying that he wants to experience Mother 3 as a player, which he has never done before (you can look it up yourself in google translator if you want)
could this mean mother 4? Or even a trilogy of the three? i'm joking but, It's cool to see him post about the game out of the blue like that.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

First off, Itoi just brings up Mother 3 out of NOWHERE (get it lol), but not Earthbound or Earthbound Beginnings. Also, Nintendo is going to bring us a game that will please us. Finally, Its Mothers 30th anniversary. Nintendo, it's been thirteen years. At the end of the day, I prefer Mother 3 being localized over Porky in smash (still love porky tho definitely my second favorite video game character of all time) just because more people will be able to experience this incredible game.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
That's a good point. For those not up to speed, Nintendo said they were going to release a long awaited game pretty soon that they knew would make fans really happy. That's basically the whole message and a lot of people thought it was Metroid related but I held my tongue knowing what you guys what make of it. Personally I think it has a decent shot of being what they were talking about.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
The only thing I'm scared of is localization ruining the game. Moments that stick with you that make the game special like the ASC or the flower field might be deemed to controversial just like the happy happy cult was and be dumbed down drastically

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
First off, Itoi just brings up Mother 3 out of NOWHERE (get it lol), but not Earthbound or Earthbound Beginnings. Also, Nintendo is going to bring us a game that will please us. Finally, Its Mothers 30th anniversary. Nintendo, it's been thirteen years. At the end of the day, I prefer Mother 3 being localized over Porky in smash (still love porky tho definitely my second favorite video game character of all time) just because more people will be able to experience this incredible game.
Speak for yourself bro Porky or death

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I'm scared of is localization ruining the game. Moments that stick with you that make the game special like the ASC or the flower field might be deemed to controversial just like the happy happy cult was and be dumbed down drastically
this is probably going to happen. I think that the ASC part will stay the same because if it doesnt then the ending may turn out different. But Mother 3 is a brutal game, so there will 100% be changes made to the game.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If anything is at risk; I'd say it's the Magypsies who seem.... Questionable by today's standards.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
If anything is at risk; I'd say it's the Magypsies who seem.... Questionable by today's standards.
Ya that's definitely gonna be interesting to see if it ever gets ported. That sucks though because they can definitely be viewed as a commentary about trans people but they never say anything bad about them. They're essentiall to Lucas being able to succeed and pull the needles. Worst they say about trans is literally that they can be weird. Almost everyone in the mother series is weird

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Ya that's definitely gonna be interesting to see if it ever gets ported. That sucks though because they can definitely be viewed as a commentary about trans people but they never say anything bad about them. They're essentiall to Lucas being able to succeed and pull the needles. Worst they say about trans is literally that they can be weird. Almost everyone in the mother series is weird
What are you guys talking we’re living in a society where little kids are playing Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty and other ****, parents don’t care anymore

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully maybe we’ll recieve some information about both Porky and MOTHER 3 May 12th which just so happens to be MOTHER’S day

That post is recent could it mean... that the new game is Mother 3?
Mother’s Day over here is March 31st so maybe we could get info even sooner hahaha

Erfly

Smash Cadet
Don't read too much into it, lest you start going insane with speculation, he could have just reached a point where he feels he can finally play it without remembering too many of the details.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Don't read too much into it, lest you start going insane with speculation, he could have just reached a point where he feels he can finally play it without remembering too many of the details.

i mean, thats probably right, but with all this speculation about Porky and Mother 3 coming up all of a sudden it just seems like it may be linked to something

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Get your ears open, I found this remix and is just too good to not share it:

listening to this made me regret what i said earlier about me preferring mother 3 being localized over porky in smash. I want them both equally (actually maybe porky in smash more). Porky is truly a special character and one of my all time favorites and him making it in the biggest fighting game of all time would be a dream come true.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
listening to this made me regret what i said earlier about me preferring mother 3 being localized over porky in smash. I want them both equally (actually maybe porky in smash more). Porky is truly a special character and one of my all time favorites and him making it in the biggest fighting game of all time would be a dream come true.
It’s okay you’re weren’t thinking clearly lol

cinnabunny

Smash Rookie
ok so like.. i JUST found this forum today and reading this has gotten my hopes up a lot? my expectations of course are always low, you can't really predict smash anymore. but i'd love to join the pigmask army!! this has gotten me all so excited. porky just seems too perfect of a character.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
It would be a win/win.
People who like him can play as a character they love and those who hate him can beat him up.
Porky wins :p

As for me, Porky is my all time favourite character from anything. He’s a really well written character and I can’t think of many more characters like him in any Nintendo game

Last edited:

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
It would be a win/win.
People who like him can play as a character they love and those who hate him can beat him up.
Porky wins :p

As for me, Porky is my all time favourite character from anything. He’s a really well written character and I can’t think of many more characters like him in any Nintendo game
I love how you get to see his character evolve. He starts out as a slightly annoying friend and due to events ends up becoming a heartless villain

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Maybe I’m jumping the gun here but idk I really do feel like there is gonna be some sort of Mother trilogy rerelease. Like cmon, Earthbound Beginnings isn’t on the NES Online System and Earthbound isn’t in the leaked list of SNES Online games despite being on the SNES Classic. Why would they spend so much time on translations if they just left them on the Wii U, to never be noticed by Switch players who didn’t buy a Wii U (probably over half the buyers)?

Zeox

Smash Champion
You knowhow they removed Samus's alt of Dark Samus, and then Dark Samus got added to the roster?
Wario in ultimate doesn't have this alt anymore...

57325b9266809.jpg

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how a Snake codec of Porky it would work it probably be realllly dark

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I just finished Earthbound for the first time ever! Even tho I knew alot of the lore already, I was greatly surpised and enjoyed the game alot more then I thought I would!

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Turns out they were gonna do that but the removal of the wario skin caused removal of all porky spirit battles.
A true butterfly effect all the way down.
Of course! Without a battle to provide justification, they must have decided that it wasn't worth the effort to keep Porky's spirit either, and just stuck him in the capsule instead. It's all coming together now...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Popeye the Sailor man confirmed for Smash 2040.
End of reveal trailer after beating up all the villains in the gameplay footage: ''I'm strong to the finish! Cause I eat my spinach! I'm Popeye the sailor man!'' Toot! Toot!

Smash 9 X Popeye the Sailor Man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom