• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
...huh. I never really considered Porky as an option before, but the fact that he doesn't have a spirit is fascinating, especially when every other boss does. Well, Mother is my favorite series that I've never played, so I say bring him on! He'd be a fitting villain for both boys and I'm sure he could bring something really interesting to the table.

I do have one question though. With New Pork City already being in the game, what stage would he receive?
The Cave of the Future or Devil's Machine both work pretty nicely

Edit: Nevermind I didn't see someone got you covered and answered lol

I mean, who the hecc wouldn't like Porky after all of that. Great summary my man.

He could have the Devil's Machine, the Cave of the Past, or maybe make Saturn Valley a stage, give it to Lucas and give Porky new Pork City.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Page 21, this thread is old enough to drink now.
Cheers
Bartender: Booze on the house, all around for the Pig Mask Army soldiers. ;)

Edit: I'm going to work in a hour and a half from now, so by the next time I'm on Smashboards, we will all be playing and having Ultimate in our hands. So I'll see you guys tomorrow if any Smash news pops up at VGA or Monday because I'll be too busy playing the game on the weekend. See you later my Pig Mask comrades. ;)

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
The Game Awards are tonight everyone! Now while I doubt they'll show anything related to master Porky, you never know, it is Nintendo after all ;) If they do decide to show a DLC fighter, who do you think it'll be?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it will be either Geno, Sephiroth, or Banjo & Kazooie. All of which would have hype levels that would blow up the roof.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea that Porky was just a lonely kid and had a weird obsession with Ness, or a weird obsession with the idea of being friends with Ness. There's not much to really confirm or deny that other than the Friend's Yoyo or that New Pork City theater, but it's a fun possibility I like to think about.

I really feel bad for porky in this manner, I'm sure he misses ness and the life he had before all this madness began. I mean he has a movie theater based on one movie, and its just ness and his friends. thats just sad in my opinion.

I like the idea that Porky was just a lonely kid and had a weird obsession with Ness, or a weird obsession with the idea of being friends with Ness. There's not much to really confirm or deny that other than the Friend's Yoyo or that New Pork City theater, but it's a fun possibility I like to think about.
i really feel bad for porky in some ways. I'm sure he misses the life he had before he became immortal and his now lifeless body. It almost seems like porky misses ness. He has a whole movie theater dedicated to showing a movie about ness and his friends. Ness lived on to have a happy life, while porky, his "best friend" went down a completely different path.

I really feel bad for porky when I think about it. I think that he misses ness and the "friendship" he had with him. He has a whole movie theater with the only movie playing being about ness and his friends. It's really sad when you think about it.

^^^ sorry about that i didnt notice that they went in, my screen was bugging out. dont know how to delete messages

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
The Game Awards are tonight everyone! Now while I doubt they'll show anything related to master Porky, you never know, it is Nintendo after all ;) If they do decide to show a DLC fighter, who do you think it'll be?
A safe, fan-favorite choice who has been discussed to death on fan sites or is intrinsically marketable and profitable. I'd wager that either a Square Enix rep or an advertisement character would be the likeliest, if I wanted to play the odds.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Porky would be announced during a Direct or other Nintendo event. It's hopeful to say that we'd also get a Mother 3 announcement, but it seems like a great way to generate interest in both the game and the character considering the wild buzz such a reveal would create.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this has always been one of the more interesting aspects of the story for me. It seems like Porky is spurned in a lot of ways and it makes sense that Ness has a missing father, too, when you hear the story about what inspired Giygas. There's probably a lot of birth trauma related to the whole 'Mother' concept. Makes me think Porky was just like you or me before he was spurned (or felt that way at least) by his mom, his implicitly abusive dad, or his friends. Ness does undeniably have a special connection to Porky if only based on the fact the his and Porky's are the only two houses in the hill, side by side.

Strange

Smash Rookie
So... Joker from Persona 5 has joined the party but Porky didn't yet... I think Porky will be revealed in the 2019 E3

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
With Joker being announced for DLC, I feel like this boosts Porky’s chances a little since it shows the DLC lineup isn’t entirely a popularity and Nintendo aren’t picking completely predictable characters

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I just finished a long first session of Smash Ultimate and I noticed something amazing in the Magicant stage. Pause and move the camera inside of the walking tower... you might notice something familiar.

brickroadhead.png

Zeox

Smash Champion
I also been playing and I noticed something...

You know what's weird in this? There has never been a Spanish localization of Earthbound, but here you can see the spirit of Master Belch localized to Spanish, which is extremely weird.
(Vomitar means Puke, so Vomitor would be something like "Puko" or similar).

Edit: is there a spirit battle against the Absolutely Safe Capsule? anyone have fought that?

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Oh shoot, Zeox is right. The next step to finding out if Porky is safe is to make sure there are no Earthbound spirit fights that reference Porky or simulate fighting against him in any way. That can be our mission as a community here.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Congratulations Joker fans, I was so suprised he got in!
But now that Smash Ultimate has been officially released worldwide, I agree with Zeox and Jeck. Our mission right now is to confirm that there are no Porky related Spirit battles. Even if they do not strictly mention Porky, a spirit being in anyway related to him is kind of evidence against him.

Zeox

Smash Champion
papagenos said the Absolutely Safe Capsule was a spirit in his video on Porky.
I know is a spirit, I am talking about the battle against that specifict spirit in the World of Light adventure mode.
To check if the battle against the ASC Spirit references Porky or the capsule itself.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Umm guys...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...
Well, it didn't really said "New IPs", just new games, one possible could be a new Mother trilogy game so everything is totally fine... right? right!? I'm totally not looking for excuse to say rip, no sir no.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He didn't say they'd be new games. He said the characters would be new to the series. Which...obviously. They don't have veterans to return this time.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Umm guys...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...
Show it in general to see the opinions, These comments gives a different perspective of what Reggie said:

I wouldn’t lose too much hope, he says new games, not new franchises. I think it just means relevant characters/games
This is misinformation.
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
It's a fluffed up way of re-iterating "it'll only be newcomers please be excited".
Thanks guys!

Takasmash

Smash Ace
The only DLC character I hope gets in is Porky he's my new most wanted character there are signs are hinting his inclusion in Smash Ultimate. And I was right about a character being reveal in smash ultimate. Man we're getting Persona 5 music oh boy.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Found the IGN news and the words of what Reggie said are very different:
84D169DB-39CE-4257-8B10-87FDEAFA79EF.jpeg

So yes, is misinformation, is not characters from new games but Characters that are new to the series... so basically newcomers... which is obvious because there are no Veterans left to add.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Found the IGN news and the words of what Reggie said are very different:
View attachment 182108

So yes, is misinformation, is not characters from new games but Characters that are new to the series... so basically newcomers... which is obvious because there are no Veterans left to add.
Damn you Reggie and your poorly worded PR talk xD

Zeox

Smash Champion
I been taking some screenshots to stage backgrounds:

By the way, what's that big mansion in Onett's background? I don't remember a big mansion to be there in Earthbound...

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Isn’t that Porky’s house his father Aloysius was more wealthier then most families back in Onett

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
What's odd is that Porky doesn't seem to be in the game at all O_o. I did Ness' Classic Mode this morning, and Ness gets Master Hand. Don't want to speak too soon since I don't have Lucas yet, but it seems odd to me that Porky is... Quite absent from the game right now. It's also been noted that he's not a Spirit either.

As a Mother fan I know all too well that this may not mean anything since Nintendo loves to tease the series and then sit on their hands, but it seems a bit odd that he'd just be gone from the game.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
The background of Fourside looks really tidy as well. Also that little door on the right side of the middle tower? It does lead to an actual room you can enter with the camera but there's not much in there.

That show Boundary Break on YouTube bores me to death. I want to love it, but I think when he starts doin Smash Ultimate they'll be can't-miss episodes.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
The magicant stage is so beautiful. One of my favorite stages; I think.
yeah its awesome. Also its got all the refrences to earthbound/mother

EDIT: has anyone else fought buzz buzz's spirit yet?

its sad man

Last edited:
Top Bottom