• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Post your favorite Mother music that you would love to see in Smash (thanks to a possible Porky's DLC), I start:
I haven't checked the music selection in Ultimate, so please excuse me if I'm posting confirmed songs. That being said, any of the following would be great:

Porky's Theme:
(Alternatively, a fresh remix would be grand)

Mr. Batty Twist:

Natural Killer Cyborg:

So guys if Porky does get in would you main him he’ll most likely be my secondary in my case
Yes, because Porky's far too great of a character not to main. I'm currently planning to play whichever three of K. Rool, Lucas, Meta Knight and Diddy Kong suit me best, but I would most definitely make room if the Pig King showed up as DLC.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Porky would definitely be a favorite I play a lot.

However, I like a lot of characters, so I don't really have a definite main other than Ice Climbers.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
HOL UP HOL UP HOL UP I just heard that this Vergeben guy says that Porky will be playable and isn’t he like the most credible leaker?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Also here is a list of all the mother spirits

Starman
EVE
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Ness’s Father
Buzz Buzz
Mr. Saturn
Master Belch
Dungeon Man
Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
Claus
Boney
Duster
Ultimate Chimera
Absolutely Safe Capsule
Masked Man
The missing spirits are interesting especially Porky, maybe a boss fight was planned and dropped from the base game with the spirit, maybe they are saving one or both for the Mother anniversary next year, maybe he was one of Nintendo and/or Sakurai's considered and/or planned dlc fighters, or maybe its nothing. IDK I just find the missing Porky spirit particularly odd but we will just have to wait and see what exactly is happening.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I've been thinking about a dream scenario where Sakurai gives us both Porky and Ninten as an echo in celebration of Mother's 30th anniversary, breaking the rules of one character and no echoes as an exception. I'm not sure how likely that is though.

Zeox

Smash Champion
There's more. I swear I saw Salsa on the list as well as maybe a few others. They appear in disjointed groups.
Yes, they are separated in 2 batch, the second one is very late in the list and adds characters like Ninten, Kumatora, Flint... + some more secondary characters like Salsa or Hinawa.
From a thread in 4Chan, here's the list and an observation:
The first batch contains
>Ness
>Lucas
>Lloyd
>Teddy
>Flying Man
>Starman
>EVE
>Paula
>Jeff
>Poo
>Ness’s Father
>Buzz Buzz
>Mr. Saturn
>Master Belch
>Dungeon Man
>Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
>Claus
>Boney
>Duster
>Ultimate Chimera
>Absolutely Safe Capsule
>Masked Man
And the second batch contains
>Ninten
>Ana
>Flint
>Kumatora
>Salsa
>Hinawa
And a second comment trying to explain that second batch (this is just theory of why those 6 spirits were added so late):
>Ninten DLC, final smash was gonna be a "love dance" with Ana​
>Kumatora DLC, her final Smash she team up with Salsa​
>Flint DLC, in his final Smash he remembers how he felt when he lost Hinawa, grabs a wooden log and beats the enemy with it​

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Thank you! That info should be in the OG post, maybe we want to add it. Also I really want to see Flint now. We don't have any adults from Earthbound visualized in Smash except for the Melee intro. Would be cool to finally see.

For new stages I always wanted one to take place inside of a Runaway Five concert where you fight on the stage and they play in the background. They could do one with Venus too.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
By the way, found stupid Porky art in /v/, 2 dabs and a infinity gauntlet Porky:

View attachment 180621 View attachment 180622View attachment 180623
Let me add some classics
1543426165493.png
1535770120402.png

So guys if Porky does get in would you main him he’ll most likely be my secondary in my case
He'll most likely be my main, I've been playing Crusade for a long time and it captures really well how Porky would work in Smash, I doubt he'd be that different from Crusade, so I'd totally main him just like in Crusade.

Post your favorite Mother music that you would love to see in Smash (thanks to a possible Porky's DLC), I start:
The music I want the most, apart from obviously any Porky related theme, has to be:
-Saturn Valley, mainly because SSF2, it did a great job on making it fit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiaRwv3YIY
-Monkey's Delivery Scene, if remixed well, it could work perfectly as a battle theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77hKKI4SbI
-Piggy Guys, I haven't seen anyone bring it up already so I'll just leave it here, it's fantastic and among my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpsD2VPkU5k

Since today is my birthday, here is a paint drawing that I made in 5 second because I feel too lazy to do anything decent
View attachment 180716
I know, is amazing.
Also happy late birthday my fellow Porkybro, your support is amazing, I look forward to every post/speculation you do in this thread.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
It's an uphill battle to see Porky actually make it as playable, but this is the most favorable scenario he's ever had and likely will ever have. Don't let people forget it, and keep bringing him up in speculation discussion while you can. This is his 15 minutes of fame that are his biggest opportunity to garner any theoretical support, so don't squander them. Porky would be a great closer to this fantastic roster.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Some videos are talking about all potential smash DLC characters (including porky), for now I found these two:

TheBeastHimself

I hated the way Porky's army treated poor little Salsa! But the fact that Porky was involved in so many horrible things, in my opinion, just makes me want him in Smash more. Most Nintendo villains have done some pretty messed up stuff, but Porky has a really sadistic track record.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I hated the way Porky's army treated poor little Salsa! But the fact that Porky was involved in so many horrible things, in my opinion, just makes me want him in Smash more. Most Nintendo villains have done some pretty messed up stuff, but Porky has a really sadistic track record.

-Joined a cult -> kidnapped a girl
-Became the right hand man of a mayor
-Stole a ****ing helicopter -> crashed it
-Became a powerful alien's ally
-Stole a ****ing time travelling machine
-Built his own empire
-Killed the protagonist's mother and is responsible for his brother's disappearance
-Wanted to destroy the world because he was bored
-13 years old

This is literally Porky, a kid who got all the power anyone could imagine. I'd put him among the most horrific villains in the history of videogames. People find him as a regular bully and coward kid, but he's instead a very deep character if you get to fully experience both Earthbound and Mother 3.
Porky deserves the recognition.

TheBeastHimself

There's always something that I've been kind of confused about when it comes to Porky. In between EarthBound and Mother 3, is it true that he time traveled to a bunch of different eras, kidnapped people from all different time periods, and made his captives members of the Pigmask Army? And is all that time traveling the reason for his old age?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Porky is all of us in a sense he is the embodiment of our vices. Wow I’ve always wanted Porky since I first saw heard him in Brawl as he was the one who made me into a huge MOTHER fan in the first place and with all the recent we may actually get that this is the best timeline. Btw happy belated birthday Zeox.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
There's always something that I've been kind of confused about when it comes to Porky. In between EarthBound and Mother 3, is it true that he time traveled to a bunch of different eras, kidnapped people from all different time periods, and made his captives members of the Pigmask Army? And is all that time traveling the reason for his old age?
Yes, as long as I am aware, his whole army of Pigmask is brainwashed people from other timelines, and is the time traveling what left Porky as some kind of old immortal kid.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Yes, as long as I am aware, his whole army of Pigmask is brainwashed people from other timelines, and is the time traveling what left Porky as some kind of old immortal kid.
Everything about Mother 3 Porky confuses me when thinking about it:
-If he last used his business suit clothes before stealing the time machine how the hell does he have his normal clothes
-Did he become immortal because of time travelling or is it the actual machine. How did he get to move in the first place when he got to the Nowhere Islands if he didn't know he would need a mech?
-Did he prepare the meeting with Lucas? Did he use the mech until that point? Because the mech didn't have ****ing legs and we never see it pop them out.
-Why not make the Absolutely Safe Capsule have a button to open in the ceiling lol.
-Andonuts heccin rolls the capsule around, is Porky tied to the bottom of the capsule or what? He's the oldest man alive dammit.
-1000/10000 years old and no beard lol

This became more of "why do these actions work like this in Mother 3" but hecc it

It's better to not use logical sense, maybe he changed his clothes at some point when travelling, maybe he had the mech prepared a long time ago, maybe he just can't think enough because he's 13 years old. I don't know to be honest, as the trophy in Sm4sh says: "we'd need 2 more games to explain how all of this happened", this could make the way for some interesting fan-games in my opinion.
Regardless of all of this Mother 3 Porky is best Porkster, he's the darkest, "funniest", and evil Porky of all.

Some information regarding the DLC speculation:
https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1069033679450718214
Post-launch spirits confirmed, these ones are Pikachu and Eevee.
May not mean much but I wanted to point it out:
We still know that Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit and is going to be DLC, but this could mean Porky could get in as a spirit at some point, and maybe even as a new boss, all of this really depends on your view.

Last edited:

Erfly

Smash Cadet
We still know that Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit and is going to be DLC, but this could mean Porky could get in as a spirit at some point, and maybe even as a new boss, all of this really depends on your view.
This is why it's important to not assume he's in just yet.
It's the most likely chance he's ever had to be in ultimate, and I think it's worth discussing, and telling people porky's strengths, why he'd work as a character and such, just to build that general support base for him.
But don't assume he's in because there's always a chance for him not to be.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo of Japan already made their decision and I have confidence he’s in the fighters pack that’s right I have that faith much in the chubster

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Imagine if Mother's 30 anniversary came and the only thing they did was add a Porky spirit, that would be just cruel.
But yeah, this means spirits can be added and Porky could be added as a spirit in any moment, he is in danger and in any moment for now on he could become a spirit.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
-Joined a cult -> kidnapped a girl
-Became the right hand man of a mayor
-Stole a ****ing helicopter -> crashed it
-Became a powerful alien's ally
-Stole a ****ing time travelling machine
-Built his own empire
-Killed the protagonist's mother and is responsible for his brother's disappearance
-Wanted to destroy the world because he was bored
-13 years old

This is literally Porky, a kid who got all the power anyone could imagine. I'd put him among the most horrific villains in the history of videogames. People find him as a regular bully and coward kid, but he's instead a very deep character if you get to fully experience both Earthbound and Mother 3.
Porky deserves the recognition.

also during the earhtbound fight, which you would think he would be freaking out and scared out of his mind, porky is just having the time of his life.

Zeox

Smash Champion
/V/ have confirmed the truth about the lamp, the first enemy from the first Mother game:
censored.png

Also, the whole list of online profile pics for Smash Ultimate was leaked:

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
/V/ have confirmed the truth about the lamp, the first enemy from the first Mother game:

yup, no porky on there and with this it seems like porky's chances are officially higher than ever

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683

Things to point out (related to the non-playable characters):
-The Earthbound series has more available profile pictures than F-Zero, Pikmin, Mega Man, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong and even Kirby. May not mean much, but it's fascinating to see Earthbound get these much while others don't get as much (they left Brittany and The President from Pikmin out and yet Ness' dad's phone is a ****ing profile picture).

Also that lamp should be a spirit tbh, Nintendo needs to work out a bit more their decissions.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Question. Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the size of Porky's mech:

Is that going to be an issue? Would he look weird scaled down?

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Render_1.png
ConceptRenderBP.png

There's various ways the Mother 3 one could work, it could be rationally resized or resized to still fit Porky. Brawl's is just because of his role of an opposing boss, it's just over exaggerated. I liked the redesign tbh.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I just think that the earthbound would work better because it seems better at being more mobile. I've seen the crusade mother 3 mech and it looks pretty cool and i just like porky's mother 3 mech looks better bigger. They scaled down Ridley, and he looks great. I just feel like his earthbound mech would look and feel better in smash.

i originally thought that small mother 3 porky would look weird until i saw this picture. I also would die to see a smashified version of heavily armored porky. If yall know of any could you show me it?

Top Bottom