• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Zeox

Smash Champion
Post your favorite Mother music that you would love to see in Smash (thanks to a possible Porky's DLC), I start:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
crap, uh...

Well, there's a lot I really like, so...

I'll just choose two from each game:

Porky Means Business!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nYwTSkr0Q

The Sky Runner (Could also go with Mother 3's A Flying Whatchamacallit):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTIbiv0pGkU

Mr. Saturn Theme Z (Could begin with Saturn Valley/Hi Hi Hi from Earthbound):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiaRwv3YIY

Big Shot's Theme/A Great Person's Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HM5oSR9Pog

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
I really think Porky Means Business! would be great for a Porky reveal cinematic (I know DLC characters haven't had cinematics in the past but meh).

0:00 - 0:07: Fade in with gradual character reveal.

0:07 - 0:09: Porky's reveal splash card.

0:09 Onwards: Gameplay reel.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I found this really breathtaking work of art and I wanted to share it with you all:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBr0VWbDwpk

Guys there's this guy called nelward. He makes music and he loves Earthbound. He's even got a ton of remixes and original tracks that were commissioned for Knuckle Sandwich and the fanmade Mother game.

I've been a big fan for months but I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, the unfortunate reality is if Porky doesn’t make it as DLC, that means he’s one of the few Nintendo characters significant to a represented Smash series who has zero presence in Ultimate. Even characters like Duster can be player icons but Porky is just totally MIA. I really can’t imagine why and it would be an odd oversight since he was a boss in Brawl so clearly he’s on Sakurai’s radar.

Keeping expectations in check but it’s genuinely puzzling.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBr0VWbDwpk

Guys there's this guy called nelward. He makes music and he loves Earthbound. He's even got a ton of remixes and original tracks that were commissioned for Knuckle Sandwich and the fanmade Mother game.

I've been a big fan for months but I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this.
Seconding, if you haven't checked out nelward's content yet then what are you even doing right now lol

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I’m sorry but wth does that mean
Spirits mode have thematic fights, for example Sonic with the spirit of Metal Sonic, so they represent those spirits, usually using a music that fits the enemy.
If there is an Absolutely safe capsule fight and doesn't use Porky's theme is because the Absolutely safe capsule was never intended to represent Porky, just the capsule.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Since today is my birthday, here is a paint drawing that I made in 5 second because I feel too lazy to do anything decent
dajj8t.png

I know, is amazing.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We sharing fanart?
Here's something I drew back in Smash 4 of my most-wanted characters.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I would get rid Ganondorf for Ganon anyday of the week. Also Wow if Porky really gets in I’m honestly content I wouldn’t have any other requests except for maybe additional WOL content

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It's kind of crazy how plausible Porky is; he just kind of shot up near the top once the game was leaked.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
If porky doesn't make it in, lets all take a moment to think about the fact that buzz buzz made it in but not the most recognizable villain from the entire series made it in.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
HAL worked on Earthbound, and in the recent Kirby update (literally today) they added an unlockable picture, people say that they see some kind of Giygas in this eye:

Quality of the zoom is awful so is all pixelated and we can't really see it.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If porky doesn't make it in, lets all take a moment to think about the fact that buzz buzz made it in but not the most recognizable villain from the entire series made it in.
Ness's father made it in... as a phone.

It's kind of crazy how plausible Porky is; he just kind of shot up near the top once the game was leaked.
Plausible might be a strong word; there is the unfortunate possibility that they planned to bring back Porky as a boss but cut him last minute, along with any of his related content. Maybe his boss battle could still be DLC or something, at least.

Unless there's a planned remake of EarthBound or something, I genuinely wonder why Nintendo would choose Porky.

EDIT: Also, when it comes to music, Natural Killer Cyborg is a MUST:

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Plausible might be a strong word; there is the unfortunate possibility that they planned to bring back Porky as a boss but cut him last minute, along with any of his related content. Maybe his boss battle could still be DLC or something, at least.

Unless there's a planned remake of EarthBound or something, I genuinely wonder why Nintendo would choose Porky.

That’s the best damn Spirit fight I’ve ever seen.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman

We don’t need that kind of negativity here, in here we want Porky DLC nothing less.

If he doesn’t get it....It’s honestly bs it wouldn’t be fair to the MOTHER fanbase at all, I mean the Super Mario Bros franchise gets Bowser AND Bowser Jr, the DK franchise gets K.Rool, Metroid gets Ridley, LoZ gets Ganondorf, Pokémon gets Mewtwo...Yet we don’t get Porky...this world sometimes man...

OH AND I HEARD SYLUX FROM THE PRIME MIGHT BE DLC AS WELL

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

gotta love how snake represents ness' dad lmao

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Also here is a list of all the mother spirits

Starman
EVE
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Ness’s Father
Buzz Buzz
Mr. Saturn
Master Belch
Dungeon Man
Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
Claus
Boney
Duster
Ultimate Chimera
Absolutely Safe Capsule
Masked Man

StormC

Smash Hero
We don’t need that kind of negativity here, in here we want Porky DLC nothing less
Sharing my misgivings about Porky's chances doesn't mean I want Porky any less. I try to remain as objective about Smash speculation as possible, and although I have my fair share of misfires over the years, it's something I always have as a goal when discussing chances, even of characters I like. The only character I was very confident would be included for all of Ultimate's cycle was K. Rool (not counting Simon Belmont's leak), and although the datamine regarding Rareware games has me optimistic about Banjo-Kazooie, I overall am uncertain about anyone being in the Fighter Pass.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
HAL worked on Earthbound, and in the recent Kirby update (literally today) they added an unlockable picture, people say that they see some kind of Giygas in this eye:

Quality of the zoom is awful so is all pixelated and we can't really see it.
Not an Earthbound reference, that's apart of Magalor's final form from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see Giygas in Magolor's eye; in fact, it seems almost 1:1 to Giygas, except there seems to be an extra, short line at the bottom and I can't make out the "face."

-Giygas is within the eye's pupil.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

Starman
EVE
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Ness’s Father
Buzz Buzz
Mr. Saturn
Master Belch
Dungeon Man
Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
Claus
Boney
Duster
Ultimate Chimera
Absolutely Safe Capsule
Masked Man
Huh... Are Starman and EVE the only characters from the original Mother as Spirits? None of the party members? That's pretty weird.

Someone at the Smash team really loves EVE, since she was used in the reveal of the screenshot painting mechanic in Smash Wii U:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ninten, Ana, Lloyd, and Teddy are Spirits too.

They use their clay models.

edit: tbh I don't think I've seen Teddy, but he's in the list along with the others, and I feel like I've actually seen Ana and Lloyd but not 100% sure, they just seem to be in my memory. Ninten I am 100% certain, no flaws in my memory for him; he was in the leaked png Spirit files, although I must've missed the other 3 (to be fair I missed Geno as well, and I'm afraid Nintendo may have taken it down).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Ninten, Ana, Lloyd, and Teddy are Spirits too.

They use their clay models.
That makes sense, thank you for the clarification.

If he doesn’t get it....It’s honestly bs it wouldn’t be fair to the MOTHER fanbase at all, I mean the Super Mario Bros franchise gets Bowser AND Bowser Jr, the DK franchise gets K.Rool, Metroid gets Ridley, LoZ gets Ganondorf, Pokémon gets Mewtwo...Yet we don’t get Porky...this world sometimes man...

The thing is, those are all long-running series with global popularity and multiple big name titles. Mother is a niche trilogy that spent two decades with only one of its games leaving Japan (and the final one still waiting). The series hasn't had a new title since 2006 and it looks like it won't be brought back again for the forseeable future due to the conclusion of the story and Itoi moving on from it. If Porky gets in as DLC, it should be treated as a pleasant surprise. Really, as it stands, the Mother series has already been treated extremely well in Smash considering its relative obscurity.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not an Earthbound reference, that's apart of Magalor's final form from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
I know Magolor's final form, I'm a big fan of Kirby, I'm not talking about the eye but what is inside, the red spiral
BossGiygas.png

It have this exact shape.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We don’t need that kind of negativity here, in here we want Porky DLC nothing less.

You forgot Dark Samus for Metroid and King Dedede and Meta Knight for Kirby.

Starman
EVE
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Ness’s Father
Buzz Buzz
Mr. Saturn
Master Belch
Dungeon Man
Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
Claus
Boney
Duster
Ultimate Chimera
Absolutely Safe Capsule
Masked Man
You forgot Ninten.

Huh... Are Starman and EVE the only characters from the original Mother as Spirits? None of the party members? That's pretty weird.

Someone at the Smash team really loves EVE, since she was used in the reveal of the screenshot painting mechanic in Smash Wii U:

Ninten is a spirit.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
That makes sense, thank you for the clarification.

The thing is, those are all long-running series with global popularity and multiple big name titles. Mother is a niche trilogy that spent two decades with only one of its games leaving Japan (and the final one still waiting). The series hasn't had a new title since 2006 and it looks like it won't be brought back again for the forseeable future due to the conclusion of the story and Itoi moving on from it. If Porky gets in as DLC, it should be treated as a pleasant surprise. Really, as it stands, the Mother series has already been treated extremely well in Smash considering its relative obscurity.

i feel like the reason for porky being likely is mothers 30th ani and something like the re-release of the mother games on the switch or something. Porky would bring a good amount of earthbound, so i see it as being a good movement for earthbound selling more copies.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
the one thing i love so much about porky is that during the fight in earthbound with giygas, porky is just having the time of his life

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman

Starman
EVE
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Ness’s Father
Buzz Buzz
Mr. Saturn
Master Belch
Dungeon Man
Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
Claus
Boney
Duster
Ultimate Chimera
Absolutely Safe Capsule
Masked Man
There's more. I swear I saw Salsa on the list as well as maybe a few others. They appear in disjointed groups.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
So guys if Porky does get in would you main him he’ll most likely be my secondary in my case

Top Bottom