• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
It's like an unwritten law of Smash Bros. that fan expectations of characters are more wild and chock full of third parties than what we get. Not in a bad way.

People are mostly asking the right questions when it comes to Nintendo pitching their choices to Sakurai, like:
  • How will it benefit them in the future?
  • How will it make waves in the gaming press?
  • How will it prop up or reflect Nintendo's sense of pride?
They are a company that aims to please investors and fans alike. They're also not just gonna cop out and do five third party picks because that shows "weakness" and lack of personal flair. They will probably do at least one, to make a big splash. So far though franchises like Fire Emblem have been historic proof of these kinds of values, yet today marks the possible end of that franchise being paid more than its due. Chrom will be the first retroactively added base roster FE char on his own if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, and I kinda said this before, as long as Nintendo is potentially selling something (Mother related anything), reviving a dead franchise (K. Rool says yo), and honoring their native properties (Iwata is linked to saving Mother), I could see Porky happening.

If not, that's all right. I'm already quite happy with the return of New Pork.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I actually have inside info on Mother 3, but I found out that information probably 3-4 years ago so I don't even know if it's relevant anymore. I also don't know if I'm allowed to share anything in specifics, so for the sake of everyone's privacy I'll just say that Nintendo does talk about Mother 3 inside the company. We can't lose hope yet! C'mon Porky come with Mother 3!

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I actually have inside info on Mother 3, but I found out that information probably 3-4 years ago so I don't even know if it's relevant anymore. I also don't know if I'm allowed to share anything in specifics, so for the sake of everyone's privacy I'll just say that Nintendo does talk about Mother 3 inside the company. We can't lose hope yet! C'mon Porky come with Mother 3!
I mean, it's obvious they must talk about it.
(2013) Mother's 25 anniversary they released Earthbound on the Wii U with a very colorful and beautiful trailer
(2014) They made a joke on the E3 of a guy saying to Reggie "Give us Mother 3!"
(2015) Localization of Mother 1 in the west, announced in E3
(2017) Earthbound is one of the few games to be included in the SNES Mini

TheBeastHimself

I mean, it's obvious they must talk about it.
(2013) Mother's 25 anniversary they released Earthbound on the Wii U with a very colorful and beautiful trailer
(2014) They made a joke on the E3 of a guy saying to Reggie "Give us Mother 3!"
(2015) Localization of Mother 1 in the west, announced in E3
(2017) Earthbound is one of the few games to be included in the SNES Mini
Let me just provide a little more detail on my knowledge. The fact that [blank people] got to meet with Nintendo higher-ups personally at Kyoto to discuss the game's international release is incredible. Again, that was 3-4 years ago and I still don't know if their meeting meant anything, but man it's still cool.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing I heard through the grapevine that Nintendo is considering reviving one of their franchises MOTHER,F-Zero,Kid Icarus or Golden Sun, I’m going for MOTHER. Btw cmon I’m talking from a practial pov when it comes to the fighters pack.

Just imagine for a moment an actual OFFICIAL Mother 4 from Nintendo, however Itoi doesn’t want to make another one himself per say

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Just imagine for a moment an actual OFFICIAL Mother 4 from Nintendo, however Itoi doesn’t want to make another one himself per say
I mean Itoi said he's totally down for someone else to make a Mother 4, so it's entirely possible that Nintendo can cook up a fourth game. However, I can see Mother 4 never happening for two reasons:

1. Even during its prime, the Mother series was always super niche and not well known which is why a lot of people were like "who?" when they saw Ness in Smash 64.

2. They don't want to continue the series out of respect for Itoi who is satisfied with the 3 established games as finished.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think it's hard to say definitively what Nintendo will do with DLC when we haven't even seen any of the Fighter Pass characters.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I mean Itoi said he's totally down for someone else to make a Mother 4, so it's entirely possible that Nintendo can cook up a fourth game. However, I can see Mother 4 never happening for two reasons:

1. Even during its prime, the Mother series was always super niche and not well known which is why a lot of people were like "who?" when they saw Ness in Smash 64.

2. They don't want to continue the series out of respect for Itoi who is satisfied with the 3 established games as finished.
Imagine a universe where Itoi hands Mother 4 to ****ing Toby Fox.

TheBeastHimself

Imagine a universe where Itoi hands Mother 4 to ****ing Toby Fox.
LMAO the game would start out with Ness' skin peeling off to reveal he is wearing a blue sweatshirt underneath...

I miss Toby Fox, he left Starmen.net after Undertale was went popular :(

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Want to give my support to this guy. I think he'd have a really cool move set in his mech, and be super fun to play (plus Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time so yeah)

Strange

Smash Rookie
Know that it would be a great Final Smash in Porky ?, that Giygas, Fassad and Masked Man appear as Paula, Poo, Boney and Kumatora does in the Final Smash of Ness and Lucas (Giygas that appears in the background) and among the 4 begin to use PK Starstorm (Fassad can use that PK and Giygas too)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
After seeing the idea of Mecha-Porky's Entrance being the victory theme, I made this concept:

I may also make a version with Bigshot's Theme (may try to put it in the same key as Master Porky's Theme) and another with Porky Means Business!, but I'm not sure when they'll be done. I get lazy often, although these short themes don't make me get lazy as much as longer tracks do.

I also made these thumbnails:

Porky Minch (Mother 3) (Ultimate).png

Porky Minch (Earthbound) (Ultimate).png

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Toby Fox is probably the only person besides Itoi I could trust with a Mother 4.

I wouldn’t really want it though still, 3 was one of the best conclusions to a series I’ve ever seen, in any medium.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
After seeing the idea of Mecha-Porky's Entrance being the victory theme, I made this concept:

I may also make a version with Bigshot's Theme (may try to put it in the same key as Master Porky's Theme) and another with Porky Means Business!, but I'm not sure when they'll be done. I get lazy often, although these short themes don't make me get lazy as much as longer tracks do.

I also made these thumbnails:

Aw man, that theme is really fitting. The fact that it even uses some of the same instruments as the New Pork City theme is such a nice touch.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Wait did the Heros Villains leak Porky on the list.
No, the recent Porky buzz is because he is mysteriously absent in basically every possible way from Ultimate. Like Men In Black style mind wiped from the files. Earlier in this thread it got talked about.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Nah I wouldn’t want Toby I want the guy who did the LISA series that guy writes so damn good

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I made this:

porkyisfree2.png

First time ever drawing Lucas... and Ness... and the Absolutely Safe Capsule... and everything.

TheBeastHimself

First time ever drawing Lucas... and Ness... and the Absolutely Safe Capsule... and everything.
I absolutely love this, you did a great job with the shading! Makes me think that Ness realized Porky never returned like he said he would, and he found a way to time travel and Lucas shows him what has become of his old neighbor (no pun intended lol).

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Quick question if Porky doesn’t show up day 1 patch that’s a good thing for us right?

TheBeastHimself

Quick question if Porky doesn’t show up day 1 patch that’s a good thing for us right?
Not necessarily because if Porky isn't DLC, then that means that he has virtually no representation in the new game besides the Fourside helicopter and Absolute Safe Capsule.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Im From the Lycanroc Support Thread, and we are in similar boat, Lycanroc has no spirit, so we are just anxiously waiting for him.
I Feel your pain.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not necessarily because if Porky isn't DLC, then that means that he has virtually no representation in the new game besides the Fourside helicopter and Absolute Safe Capsule.
Don't quote me on this, but I read in /v/ that there is an Absolute Safe capsule battle in spirits mode and it doesn't even use Porky's theme.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Don't quote me on this, but I read in /v/ that there is an Absolute Safe capsule battle in spirits mode and it doesn't even use Porky's theme.
That’s really interesting.
If that’s true, that’s a pretty good sign for the Porkster, right?

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Im still neutral when it comes to Porky.

But when ever i just sit down and start drawing a smash roster, for some reason, i always add Porky.

I still think that he isnt likely, but I know its rough, but if Smash Ultimate does get a splatoon style rolling updates, we could see a Porky Spirit, (or even his bossfight come back), which i want it too, it was my favorite in the subspace emissary).

In all honesty i would secondary Porky, but im still neutral on Porky

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I wanna say that Porky isn't a spirit but I checked the list of all confirmed spirits and even Ana wasn't on there. Until the game comes out, we won't know if Porky is a spirit or not because that list isn't very reliable.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wanna say that Porky isn't a spirit but I checked the list of all confirmed spirits and even Ana wasn't on there. Until the game comes out, we won't know if Porky is a spirit or not because that list isn't very reliable.
Really? The list I have has Ana just under Ninten.

This is where I got the list; it was probably shared in the Discussion thread at one point but I'm not sure:
https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N?fbclid=IwAR2q-gWofJ4XDEEfjaGd82o8pWZ8wejJrm_aQ2anv8srQ761gw4iZuyli9M
https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N?fbclid=IwAR2q-gWofJ4XDEEfjaGd82o8pWZ8wejJrm_aQ2anv8srQ761gw4iZuyli9M

Though tbh I don't think Spirits disconfirm.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
That’s really interesting.
If that’s true, that’s a pretty good sign for the Porkster, right?
Well yeah, if that ends up being true then that pretty much confirms that the ASC doesn't represent Porky but the capsule itself.
Which is something that I already think, but some people are still not sure about that, so that would be a general confirmation.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)

This is where I got the list; it was probably shared in the Discussion thread at one point but I'm not sure:

I guess the one I saw was outdated.

They deconfirm because fighter spirits exist.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They deconfirm because fighter spirits exist.
I just think the character's Fighter Spirit could be their Ultimate artwork like Cloud, or separate artwork.

I mean, Pit (Original) is there, why couldn't they add (Original) to another already-existing Spirit?

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I just think the character's Fighter Spirit could be their Ultimate artwork like Cloud, or separate artwork.

I mean, Pit (Original) is there, why couldn't they add (Original) to another already-existing Spirit?
Ness's fighter spirit was the original claymodel

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ness's fighter spirit was the original claymodel
Yes, but Cloud's is his Ultimate render; so if a character doesn't have a second piece of artwork they could use, they can just use their render is what I'm saying.

And Pit's second Spirit can be equipped from what I've been told, and it's still the same character, even if it's his past-self.

Top Bottom