• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popping off on a 9?

WillieDangerously

Smash Cadet
I was in a tournament once and got a kill with a 9 hammer and the momentum went straight 180 in my favor, and I had to stop myself from getting too hyped over it. Would you pop of to it though?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
There is a layer of smash that is completely outside of the game. Players get flustered, and distracted, they lose focus and make mistakes. The nine hammer is one of those moves that can mentally guard break someone. It forces them to reevaluate the game, which can pull them off their reads and put them into autopilot while adjusting. That's real, and taking advantage of it is real. Just don't be an asshole after the W. Never be the asshole after the match.

Last edited:

BlueGreenBrown

Smash Cadet
There is a layer of smash that is completely outside of the game. Players get flustered, and distracted, they lose focus and make mistakes. The nine hammer is one of those moves that can mentally guard break someone. It forces them to reevaluate the game, which can pull them off their reads and put them into autopilot while adjusting. That's real, and taking advantage of it is real. Just don't be an ******* after the W. Never be the ******* after the match.
Well said, but definitely try to be an asshole during the match. Very effective to get in your opponents head.

KABO0S

Smash Cadet
The mental side of smash is so underutilized. If you don't care much for other people's opinions, try being a little more rude in-game and you might gain a slight advantage. And in Smash, a slight advantage will get you an extra win or 2.

Shockbound

Smash Apprentice
It's very important to be as obnoxious as possible while playing G&W. He is a punisher, so baiting mistakes will win you plenty of games.

Taunt canceling at every available opportunity, especially repeatedly, gets people mad enough to go hurtling towards you in a blind rage. G&W's taunt is almost as effective at doing this as Wolf's "What's the matter, scared?"

Last edited:

Kaibo

Smash Cadet
Well I'm one of the youngest smashers in my area so if I popped off I'd become the "cocky little kid", but if I wasn't, I'd pop off like crazy lmao

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Well I'm one of the youngest smashers in my area so if I popped off I'd become the "cocky little kid", but if I wasn't, I'd pop off like crazy lmao
No way man, if you're younger and you body somebody you get mad respect. I'm 17 (one of the youngest people in my scene) and I've gotten lots of respect for being able to beat people who have been playing longer.

Now if you got up and screamed "HELL YEAH I'M THE BEST YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS #KAIBO4EVO2016" yeah that'd be different but otherwise I think you're fine :)

Kaibo

Smash Cadet
No way man, if you're younger and you body somebody you get mad respect. I'm 17 (one of the youngest people in my scene) and I've gotten lots of respect for being able to beat people who have been playing longer.

Now if you got up and screamed "HELL YEAH I'M THE BEST YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS #KAIBO4EVO2016" yeah that'd be different but otherwise I think you're fine :)

but...... "HELL YEAH I AM THE BEST YOU CAN'T LITERALLY TOUCH THIS #KAIBO4EVO20XX"

Top Bottom