• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PopCorn Mafia! Summer House Party Edition - Party Round 1 Starts!

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
welp, now that Hando shot, I'm saying this now: I found Xatres' reaction to his wagon scummy. He overreacted with only 2 votes against him, votes which, actually, don't do anything in this game. This reminds me of how when playing mafia irl, scum overreacts when pressured/confronted (i.e, talking louder than normal, in a higher pitch, etc).

If Xatres flips scum, shoot frozen. If Xatres flips town I'd still consider shooting frozen but I'd look more into soup
I don't see how I anything I posted could be characterized as an 'overreaction'. My first post was just snark about being a wagon without having even posted yet, and the second time I reacted was just my saying, 'sure, I'll take the gun. Make sure you thoroughly explain your reads before shooting.'

But yeah, I was totally going nuts over it. Scummy as heck, I say.

Maven89

Smash Master
first you want modkills, now you want this? can you stop acting like an idiot?

why is you being shot a good idea in this situation?
Cause I'm here

Maven, care to explain why my being shot for being chill with the idea of being shot is scummy, but you being okay with getting the gun yourself is not?
Because there was no meta reason of super inactivity when you were being considered. If I had the gun (or Kary, probably), and J was here, we could probably end the game in a few hours.

Maven89

Smash Master
If Xatres is here there's no reason to give me the gun, I was frustrated with nothing happening and would have preferred Xatres just giving me the gun then having to convince an inactive to shoot Soup. If he's here then that plan is done, only benefit to me giving me the gun now is that if I'm right I can post an evil dead gif

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If Xatres is here there's no reason to give me the gun, I was frustrated with nothing happening and would have preferred Xatres just giving me the gun then having to convince an inactive to shoot Soup. If he's here then that plan is done, only benefit to me giving me the gun now is that if I'm right I can post an evil dead gif
but they both require Xatres to be here, which is apparently not happening.

also do you mean an "Evil Dead" gif, or an evil, dead gif

Maven89

Smash Master
Eh, I guess. One requires Xatres seeing my request to be shot and going "why not, he's either scum or town with a plan, while I'm neither". The other requires Xatres to play.

An "Evil Dead" gif

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Xatres, town bro, has passed out from drinking too much to the point of failing to challenge another bro! (MODKILL for taking more than 72 hrs to shoot so he is modkilled per rule 4 of game specific rules)

soup, town bro, has been chosen at random to shoot and is now ready to challenge another person

d3 begins. with 3 town bros left and 2 mafia bros town is in lylo! deadline is july 5 at 7 pm est!

Last edited:

Rajam

Smash Champion
I'd be down to see a Maven flip though maybe at this point a soup flip is more useful since it seems like more people have commented on him than Maven. I'm not sure what you're asking here, you ask if I think their intereaction is a disconnection, which I believe is traditionally understood to mean deliberate distancing and thus is SvS, but then you follow that up by saying "aka not SvS" so I'm a little confused. If you could let me know what posts you're referring to I'll give you my thoughts, I just don't know what you're even asking.
Wasn't asking disconnection in terms of distancing, was asking disconnection in terms of legit not-SvS. I'm pretty sure you're scum though, I mean first Xatres then soup... there cant be 3 townies in a row doing nothing the whole game... I'll try to check whether Maven or Kary is your scum partner

Maven, shoot frozen Y/N?

Kary, shoot frozen Y/N?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
soup looks around at all the bros

"chug! chug! chug! chug!" the homies yell out

"you" soup says

"you talkin to me bub?"

"yes i am"

rajam steps up to soup. he stands across from him with the table between them. they each grab a drink

the bros grow silent. they know that the upcoming competition requires great concentration

soup and rajam start chugging. and chug away they do

soup finishes his drink and tries to keep his balance. rajam finishes up his drink and meets his gaze. he then looks around the room. the bros are a haze

both men are wobbly

soup looks at rajam

"bang"

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Rajam, mafia bro, has been beaten in the shot for shot challenge

soup is so damn excited he immediately starts dancing

"ay dj marshy! gimme some o dat ol fresh prince summer jam my boi!"

marshy hits im with a thumbs up and throws on the old school summer anthem the bros hav all secretly been waiting for

soup is ready to challenge someone else! deadline is wednesday 7/5 at 8 pm est

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm very tempted to hipfire Frozen, but will withhold for now.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
aaawwww guys, you killed Rajam and I haven't even finished liking all his posts yet

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
the party continues. soup is very excited and feeling on top of the world

"YOLO! SWAG! WE BALLIN UP IN DIS ***** BOIS!!"

the bros look at each other uncomfortably as they realize soup is drunk

"GUYS. CHECK THIS OUT!"

soup strips himself of his clothes to reveal that hes wearing basketball shorts and a jersey underneath

"ima show you guys whos really ballin. new game"

soup beckons the bois to follow him. they leave the bar area into a door to find themselves in a gymnasium

"this is what we gon do. this drinking game is too easy. $50 that i can make a half court shot playing one of yall one on one. if i miss ill let them run the party"

soup looks around and points out frozenflame

"yeah. you. mister fire ice guy. cmon dude. you and me one on one in basketball right now"

"alright. i gotchu"

"hahah i bet i can guess this frozen guys alignment. check THIS out everyone"

soup meets frozen at half court who tries to block him. he breaks free for a minute and pulls his arm back

"BOOM! BYE SCUM!" soup yells

(replace poyser with frozen)

"dammit!" soup leaves the party

frozenflame is now in control of the game!

deadline is july 6 at 4 pm est. town is in lylo! who will be victorious?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
damn, not having the night phase is so dope. as soon as you get the flip it's like BAM and you're right back in the action.

I hope we don't have to wait for two days for frozen to turn up now lol

Maven89

Smash Master
@#HBC | FrozeηFlame Kary has never stuck her neck out on any push. She refused to talk to Xatres for no reason and has been throwing mud at Soup with Rajam since Day 1, only to vote Soup then sit back.

Other then that and her comment early on about Soup's whole "who gave Hando the gun" I don't have anything. I let myself get played by scum this game.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't know why you're trying to twist things against me when there's just nothing there. Like, I didn't 'refuse' to speak to Xatres, the only thing he did was comment on conversations I was having- he didn't ask me anything. And yeah I asked soup a couple of questions and I thought some of his responses were weird and non-commital, but that's not "throwing mud" and it's not "with Rajam" either.

You on the other hand literally said soup was null and then switched onto him after I voted for him. And as for Rajam, you gave him a town read on Day 1 based on basically nothing, then you flipped on him immediately after soup started expressing concerns about him.

I'll admit you did have me fooled but if you wanted me to **** up you need to have me holding the gun :)

Vote: Maven

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't know why you're trying to twist things against me when there's just nothing there. Like, I didn't 'refuse' to speak to Xatres, the only thing he did was comment on conversations I was having- he didn't ask me anything.
Uh

I definitely didn't ask you.

I don't want to talk to you, either.

And yeah I asked soup a couple of questions and I thought some of his responses were weird and non-commital, but that's not "throwing mud" and it's not "with Rajam" either.
You were both hammering on him from the start and both of you have been pushing Soup all game. If I was scum why would I have defend Soup against you two nearly the whole game?

You on the other hand literally said soup was null and then switched onto him after I voted for him.
I did get pressured onto Soup when I saw him saying he scum read Rajam but still wanted to defer to him. I don't blame myself too much, this whole game I existed in an echo chamber of scum.

And as for Rajam, you gave him a town read on Day 1 based on basically nothing, then you flipped on him immediately after soup started expressing concerns about him.
I removed that town read before the end of Day 1, and only switched on him after Soup was cleared. You, on the other hand, never scum read nor town read Rajam.

Maven89

Smash Master
Every post I made about Rajam

So far I'm liking Rajam's content the best, and I'm liking Kary's the least. I don't see how her questions could lead to anything valuable. Rajam's baiting seems more genuine. That's where I'm sitting at now
Rajam what's your take on Kary
Rajam's response

I think there is bigger fish to fry atm. I'm watching of course, but I'm willing to let him be for the moment. His interaction with soup doesn't seem SvS tho; Kary's intention to read soup seemed genuine

I'd still shoot Frozen/Xatres
I'm at work all day but Rajam is coasting on the early town reads and Frozen is being silly and comes off trying to protect Xatres.
Frozen/Xatres combo is something I considered, Frozen seemed to be doing the same thing he was accusing me of doing, and was pushing me when the only options were Xatres/Me, making pushing me a soft Xatres defense.

My other two choices for scum are Soup/Rajam. I felt Rajam was active enough early on to try and get conversation going (I'm assuming he liked every post in the hopes people would talk about why he liked every post), but then he vanished, and while he came back and posted good information it's entirely possible he's scum and tried to coast on his early town reads, and his return is rather late. Could easily be RL issues, could be scum coasting. While I gave him an early town read I don't believe he currently deserves any hard town read. He hasn't done anything scummy either, so I'm considering him an unlikely partner to Xatres, higher chance if Xatres is town.

Soup is rather null, but I don't see anything inherently scummy in what Soup is doing, he's asking questions and getting involved, I think Rajam is pushing Soup too hard if he thinks any of the Soup points paint him scum.

Kary being scum is very unlikely to me, but it's the last option available and so if Xatres is town I'll look closer at her, right now we seem to be vibing so I'm town reading the slot.
Shoot Rajam
next up is Kary's. Notice the difference

Maven89

Smash Master
Every post Kary/Rajam have about each other

Kary do you agree with Maven's logic? you didn't seem to follow on that one
I'm pretty sure it's just WIFOM and doesn't go anywhere.
*okay*

"Mental note: Kary doesnt go along with Maven's plan to shoot frozen"
Early posts that contributed nothing

When asked about Rajam

He's a bit more active and a bit less serious than I would expect. As for a read, I don't know yet.
When Soup said Kary was town reading Rajam

I'm not.

No you haven't.
That is the closest Kary ever came to faking an opinion on him. A flat "i'm not town reading him". Why wasn't he town reading him? Was Rajam null or scum? Did Kary try to develop a read on Rajam? Did he try to engage him?

No. Look at this

Kary asked Rajam a question,Rajam's response

I'm gonna deflect this question to soup and frozen. I have my own opinion but I want to hear from these two first

Actually I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this
Kary doesn't care at all that Rajam deflected.

Kary asked another question

in what way do you think he over-reacted? should he have ignored the votes completely?
Rajam never responded, Kary didn't care at all again.

Shouldn't he be concerned over the lack of response? When I asked Rajam what he thought of Kary and he didn't respond, I immediately went to ask Kary his thoughts on Rajam, and that was with town reading him. Kary never town read Rajam, but never cared when Rajam ignored or deflected questions. Kary never came up with a read on Rajam, outside of their conversation about me/frozen RVS they had zero meaningful conversations, and both just existed with one another. Why? Why did neither of them ever read one another or engage each other? I engaged with everyone here but Hando, Kary has engaged with everyone but Rajam, and Rajam engaged with (almost) everyone but Kary.

The big difference between these post collections is that, while it was the wrong read, I read Rajam. I engaged him, I threw myself out there to read him and openly gave my thoughts on him with nothing to hide. Kary did nothing, never engaged, and never cared when Rajam ignored her.

Kary never once, not once, gave a read on Rajam, and Rajam never once gave a read on Kary.

Top Bottom