• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polytek Presents POLYBRAWL 2 - April 11th - Brooklyn, NY - SETUPS PM ME!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
RESULTS

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7144396#post7144396

----------------

Poly Brawl was a success, and now immediately following Spring Fest, another SSBB Tournament will be held at the same great venue;

Poly Brawl 2!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournament will be hosted by me and my crew, Polytek.

April 11, 2009

Registration begins at 11am
SSBB Doubles begins at 12pm
SSBB Singles begins when Doubles finishes
Ends by 10pm, so everyone can get home early!

Tournament Prices

$10 Venue fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles per teammate

Prizes

Up to 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

More than 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 25%
3rd Place - 10%
4th Place - 5%

Doubles will have a similar payout trend adjusted for teams.

Polytechnic Institute of NYU
6 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Subway - ( www.hopstop.com is your friend )
A, C, F - Take to Jay St. - Borough Hall and exit onto Jay St. / Myrtle Promenade. You should be right near the front entrance, there's a BIG Red Statue there and the front entrance says NYU:poly.

B, Q - Take to De Kalb Ave. Once you get off, transfer to the R, M train headed uptown toward Manhattan. Take it one short stop to Lawrence St... (refer to R, M directions...)

R, M - Take to Lawrence St. and take an exit around the mid area of the platform. Head up to Jay St., the busiest street in the area, hard to miss it. Head in the direction away from Fulton St., and towards City Tech / Marriot. Once you see the BIG Red Statue, head there and you should see the entrance to NYU: Poly.

2 ,3 ,4 , 5 - Take to Borough Hall. Walk towards Jay St. Similar to the directions for R, M trains, but you will be across the street on the other side of Jay. St. Look for the BIG Red Statue and head towards it and enter NYU:poly.

Cell Phone: (718) - 795 - 6223 - Call for any trouble with directions on the day of the event

INFORMATION

RULE SET

Singles

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counter picks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: - each player can strike one stage and remaining stage is played

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island (SSBB)

Counterpick Stages:

• Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

1. Any Standing and Small Step Infinite is BANNED .
  2. If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  3. Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  4. If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  5. If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
Doubles

Same standard rules and stages as singles.

Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.

• Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on.

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seeding will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterward.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
OK guys here are some pictures of the venue:

This is taken right from the entrance to the lounge facing slightly left...

From the entrance again, now more to the right

Taken from the corner opposite of the entance

another angle

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
yo i should be good to go for this.. i cant wait for polybrawl 2, i got set up if ya need manga, just no tv.. cant be bringing that on the lirr

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'll be hoping for the 21st. Either way though... good **** again, dmt. If this becomes a steady thing, NYC will finally rise from the recent slump.

As always, if more setups are needed, I'll be more than happy to bring my Wii with Brawl.

you beat your sexy *** im going to this
Amazing how one letter changed the whole meaning of that sentence!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
thanks guys. what i have to do is find out how many TVs i'm gonna have at the venue first, and the i can determine how many setups and tv's im gonna need. of course venue fee will be deducted for anyone kind enough to bring a setup

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
hopefully since we would be the only people at poly, we should be able to get all of the tvs from media, but who knows that they will give us

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I don't see how this has a dramatic effect on the gameplay. If anything, it removes even more luck from the process by using stage strike, and you have to agree that Yoshi's and Lylat are quite different from the other three neutral stages, in the sense that they provide greater advantages/disadvantages to certain characters, hence the CP nature of them.

I mean if a majority of you guys want to have the 5 neutral set, I don't mind staying with that. I'd rather do this 3 neutral set, and have received positive feedback.

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
yo just choose on the neutrals. i'm good with either the 3 or the 5. just get the rules set so we can concentrate on actually starting the prep for the tourney.

SF93

Smash Cadet
Oh My, GameTab-er- Get Gimped, These, and Apex all at this venue, and i only live 19 minutes away, This is a godsend.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for this to be on the 21st... VGBC in MD will be on the 28th, and I'm hoping to head out there as well. That tournament may also lessen the turnout of this one (not by much, though; most likely in the case of any potential OoS peeps).

shanus

Smash Hero
Might be able to come to this.

Also, my set up has both vBrawl and Brawl+. How many people would be interested in trying out the latest version of Brawl+? I think several other B+ players might be coming to this, so if there is some interest in this, if there was extra time for a B+ side event that would be EPIC.

Latest version of B+ includes:
Character Specific grav/ SH/ FH/ FF changes
Character Specific Nerfs/Buffs
Game is beginning to feel super polished!
and more!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
First is Knightmare's Tourney which just got moved to Poly. Next is my tourney at Poly yet again, but that's on March 14th, 3 weeks after Knightmare's. This one, PolyBrawl 2 however, will be 1 week after the March14th tourney. People go to weeklies, it shouldn't be so hard. Plus, the venue fee for the March 14th tournament is half of the one for this.

NYC! HYPE!

I'm already planning a tournament in April. sshhhhh

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
well this actually isn't the second poly brawl this semester.. we had one last semester so thats why this one is called poly brawl 2... i dont know if that clears anything up.. but i hope it does

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'll try to get a lot more people to come (advertise & put in my sig and stuff) If you switch the venue & singles entrant fees. Sersly D:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Word good looks on the help. This is the same Location at which G.I.M.P.E.D was hosted by the way. Same school. I'm trying to get a more cozy, casual room for this. For anyone that came to GIMPED, it's the room next tot he one we were playing at: The Lounge, which was where Poly Brawl 1 was hosted.

LOL Mad complaints. I'm gonna boost the entrance fees to 10, hadn't realized that... That's what happens when I post two tournaments at the same time... :(

Vinnie

Smash Master
It's k. Uhh, is this a monthly or something? There should be a sig for it, like Viridian City. And 10-10-10 looks good. No melee right?

And should I post it on AiB???

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Won't be able to make it a monthly since well, I'd only be able to do one in April, an then classes will end and I won't be able to make reservations for events. :(

I'll make the AiB by tomorrow.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Yays it's coming up! :)

My progress report comes on March 14th, and if it's good, I'm 90% coming (it's like a mini report card).

If it's not... I'm most likely not coming...

So I asked all my teachers to give me good grades and I'm doing well in my classes for the last 2 weeks just to go to this tourney :D

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm having so many MMs here if I'm going @_@

2/3 standard set, $2.43 against Sintros
2/3 standard set, $3.00 against GuruKid
2/3 standard set, $1.04 against False Soundz
2/3 standard set, $3.77 against Blackanese
2/3 standard set, $3.50 against VivaTheSaturn
2/3 random set, $2.50 against Lactose
2/3 random set, $1.00 against Blackanese

Snakeee

Smash Master
Awesome, I'm pretty sure I'll be there. My one gripe...

"# No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)"

Ok, I'm against trying to ban ledge camping mostly because it's too hard to enforce right now but no RUNNING AWAY??? That part doesn't even make any sense. What are you supposed to do just stand there and get hit? lol And remember what game this is XD

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'm sure he meant running away as in bailing out on the opponent by just avoiding as much contact as possible (a la Planking).

Completely banning running would be too funny.

Top Bottom