• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PolyBrawl 4 Results

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I def do XD

TOs need to stop being so nice...I do it too but when it comes to coming late I do not care...unless its like the end of the world type weather im a little ok with it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
DMT probably and CM was trying to save it.

DMT has a great venue but his To skills always lack. Every tournament I been to of his he went to me for help...I assume CM was went to as well.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
sonicfalco...are you good?

cause if you are not how are we to know who you are. Are you like some unknown top AIB/GB wifi player? EVEN I would not know who you are. I just go...ok random = no skill....its a fact of life...deal with it...win a match or stop complaining.

sorry just got annoied

Tony T

Smash Ace
NP Alex I'm just trying to get noticed in the community and stop being a Unknown player to be honest this is my 2nd tournament I went to outside my campus and I don't have the money for multiple tournaments, that is why.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
play wifi and practice...

go to tournaments with a lot of good people and whoever you play just learn matchups

thats all you can really say. Complaining does not help especially when you are new

see 4nace XD

HelpR

Smash Ace
alex strife: lol. wifi. other then aib, where would you recommend going to play on wifi?

I never resorted to it before but I need a constant source of practice, my skills have degenerated considerably.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
gamebattles also does wifi matches for brawl and its how mlg will do its qualifiers

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
NP Alex I'm just trying to get noticed in the community and stop being a Unknown player to be honest this is my 2nd tournament I went to outside my campus and I don't have the money for multiple tournaments, that is why.
I was just like you when I first got into melee. If you have time to travel into manhattan. We can play. Maybe I can help you somehow. I'm not that far from the south ferry. it's really easy to get into me from there.

And on another note, for some weird reason, I am not pissed about this tournament anymore. Which is wierd cause I was furious yesterday. And usually stay in this mood for a few days before I let it rock.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I remember when I wanted to stop being a random and get known well. You just gotta take what they give you and prove your worth. :ohwell:

Edit: JG's getting them vids up, everyone.

Tony T

Smash Ace
lol cool man thanks. Oh and here is a refresher I've been into brawl since it came out but I didn't start going to tournaments outside of my campus until last semester.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Well Thats what I was trying to do against ninjalink yesterday and I failed on that but it was close on the second match tough.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
25: Penta - lol you outplaced me. gay. no offense. XD when are we gonna mm?
as bad as my placings are,i've always outplaced u at everyone tourney we've both been at:p

dpch stuff
dude at one point i just saw u with ur head on the table all sad
gota cheer up man D:

ii saw some of your matches,and you tend to try to rush kills against MK,even when you're ahead by a good amount T_T
that's how Mk is able to catch up ,patience man,stay cool D:

u **** when you're relaxed

Yes you had a bye.

EVERYONE WHO IS GOOD GOT A BYE.
lol.....

Someday, people will fear GaW in singles.
WHAT HE SAID

Tony T

Smash Ace
ok hard for me to explain but long story short my first main was falco then 8 months into brawl I started maining lucario now lucario/falco are my two best because I use them evenly, then fox and wolf are my secondaries.

Plus Two of my friends in my online clan mained lucario against me and it inspired me to start training with him.

Vinnie

Smash Master
ok hard for me to explain but long story short my first main was falco then 8 months into brawl I started maining lucario now lucario/falco are my two best because I use them evenly, then fox and wolf are my secondaries.
Are the matches going to be uploaded tonight or somewhere along this week? What's your YouTube account? I gotta subscribe.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
dude at one point i just saw u with ur head on the table all sad
gota cheer up man D:

ii saw some of your matches,and you tend to try to rush kills against MK,even when you're ahead by a good amount T_T
that's how Mk is able to catch up ,patience man,stay cool D:

u **** when you're relaxed
If you are talking about the set with CM, I was doing fine game one and 2. it's Peach Vs meta. It's not actually a match up that I can deal with that easy. its a risky one, even if I was to play a less level meta. But after what happen game 2, I lost the will to play and lost bad game three.

And I am always depressed. Thats how I am. I do recall blackenese always telling me why I look the way I do. And I just tell him, there is nothing for me top be happy about. Also I can never play relaxed. friendlies maybe, but never in tournament. SNES I was nervous as hell was was shaking right before pools. I told judge and everyone else to play thier matches before me cause I could not stop shaking. It was my time to play and I remember getting a quick SD against some G&W player cause my hand were shaky. But I manage to bring it back and think take three stocks straight.

But yea, I am not a happy person.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Can somebody give me the link to the brackets? I can't seem to find it on AiB. :(

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
ight ALL the matches are up(But I think Grand finals is still processing). All I'm missing is the game 3 of Zucco vs Atomsk but my Wii's is like frieddd so i'll get to it a bit later.

Oh and if for any reason you don't know where the matches are, just click on my sig.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
next time people should check to see if you're in the bracket just to be safe.
lol what the doo doo sons. There should never be a time where a player has to check to make sure he/she is in the bracket. That's the TO's job yo. Once a person pays, signs up and does all that, they shouldn't have to worry they been forgotten xD .

I remember when I wanted to stop being a random and get known well. You just gotta take what they give you and prove your worth. :ohwell:
Yah I feel you guy. I wanted to stop being a random, get known, make that money

so I picked up meta :D

but I'm still a random son :[ LOL

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You did CM? I dont remember you doing that. But Thanks ten for that. Also seems NY is not as bad as I thought. HelpR is going out his way to lend me his brawl copy till friday, which I can by one of my own. Guess NY been helping me get back to how I was in the summer more than I thought.

I'm thinking of going to a tournament in Upstate NY if a friend is able to drive there. I'm thinking of just going there for melee singles and brawl doublesI don't have the confidence anymore to do singles. Only characters I am seriously confident against in this game is meta knight. Cause I know how to abuse his options with Peach. And I am also more confident against snake. he does not bother me as he use too.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya it is the TOs job...but at VC people did not write their name and I told them to...then again... different circumstances

-dMT-

Smash Lord
DMT probably and CM was trying to save it.

DMT has a great venue but his To skills always lack. Every tournament I been to of his he went to me for help...I assume CM was went to as well.
Actually no. I overlook as ChaosMarth makes the bracket. As people have said I am not active enough in the community but I want to make sure the seeding for the top players are seeded properly. Also, the 'every tournament of mine you went to that I asked for your help' would be PolyBrawl 2. I don't recall any other instance, unless you're referring to Get GIMPED...which wasn't even my tournament o.0.

I'm not among the best TOs, but please don't make me out to sound incredibly lacking as a TO.

EDIT: Also the case with Doom and Allied as I recall was they hadn't signed up for Singles at all, and they came through and paid/signed up as we were doing brackets. I did not 'forget' to add them. In fact with Doom I recall me and CM looking through the bracket and not seeing him so I called him over and he hadn't signed up and so did it right there.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am not I am just saying you are not good at seeding...which some people are not...hell i hate to seed.

I am just saying matt that the seeding was not the issue...infact it was the doubles thing...which was handled poorly but I know you can bounce back. My issue is that you need to learn to be more consistent and have confidence in yourself. Never EVER wait for anyone to start a tournament esp with a venue with a time limit...start on time dude. that is where you lack sometimes. You are not the worst To and if you read that as such im sorry dude.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Chaos Marth doesn't have a lot of TOing experience either. I don't exactly know how he was allowed to do so much at Pound. <_< The seeding at this reflects that.

Top Bottom