• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poly Brawl 5: return of the metaknight results

HelpR

Smash Ace
it's completely my fault. I'll make sure this wont happen again.

I didn't want my computer crashing constantly because of it trying to record and stream at the same time, my intention was to use the code and save it to ustream as a backup.

Well, that failed, becuase the morning of we had saved a new program to my laptop, ustream producer, and didn't tell it to record on the ustream site

kind of annoyed now, i'll try and get what WAS recorded online ASAP

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo helpR, I'll try and make it to your next tourney

I think the problem was people not hitting the Z button after a match.
I think the problem is the system. In Melee, we record at the tournament where there aren't points of failure like relying on an easy to forget button or having to use hacks to force replay saving and having to replay them later. But hey, I'm just a Melee scrub. But seriously, if Brawl players want stuff on youtube, Brawl players are going to have to step up and record at the tournament.

Yes, this is bragging/advertising/spamming, but this is what can happen if you record for youtube the right way
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11712529
STEP IT UP!

Why is livestream >>> youtube?

HelpR

Smash Ace
livestream tends to be much more interactive with the brawl community.

I also wanted to record using a recorder I have at home that records in 480P instead of 480i, so i far prefer recording the matches to the wii instead of recording at the venue at a significantly lower quality.

I could also have used a dazzle or an independent recording device, but those split the signal up 3 ways, darkening the screen, making fighting characters like snake extremely difficult.

This is the best way to do it honestly, without having a really good computer on hand that can handle recording and broadcasting at the same time.

But eh, different methods. Your videos are awesome, but I don't really have a computer that can handle so many simultaneous things. But TBH, i'm overdue for an upgrade, so next time maybe i'll have a new lappy.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I like Zant's idea, but what I plan to do for future tournies is have the force replay save code on so the only way to go back to the characters selection screen is to save the replay.

This will only be for main livestream setup though.

I could also have used a dazzle or an independent recording device, but those split the signal up 3 ways, darkening the screen, making fighting characters like snake extremely difficult.
What about s-video cables? On my recording setup, the yellow cable goes to the tv and the s-video cable goes to my Hauppauge. Couldn't basically the same happen with an s-vdieo splitter (yellow=tv, s-video=livestream, other s-video=youtube recording)? The main tv shouldn't have a split signal, right? But what about audio cables? What happens if they're split 3-way?

This is the best way to do it honestly, without having a really good computer on hand that can handle recording and broadcasting at the same time.
Understandable

But eh, different methods. Your videos are awesome, but I don't really have a computer that can handle so many simultaneous things. But TBH, i'm overdue for an upgrade, so next time maybe i'll have a new lappy.
My methods are very different from a lot of other youtbers.' I have a really good laptop (was a high end machine back in early-mid 2007) so it's really capable of doing a lot. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I might even try recording from 2 setups sometime in the future if I ever buy a second recording device (anyone know if it's possible?)

I like Zant's idea, but what I plan to do for future tournies is have the force replay save code on so the only way to go back to the characters selection screen is to save the replay.

This will only be for main livestream setup though.
Well, maybe the force replays is actually a good system. Just make sure the force replays code is on ;)

I guess I was a little bit harsh on my previous post

HelpR

Smash Ace
What about s-video cables? On my recording setup, the yellow cable goes to the tv and the s-video cable goes to my Hauppauge. Couldn't basically the same happen with an s-vdieo splitter (yellow=tv, s-video=livestream, other s-video=youtube recording)? The main tv shouldn't have a split signal, right? But what about audio cables? What happens if they're split 3-way?

I guess I was a little bit harsh on my previous post
split audio doesn't make a difference, and I didn't really think of that method.

I'll have to think over how I do this, but I better buy a S-video capable wii AV cable.

Keitaro

I just went looking for the code for a good 15 minutes and couldn't find it :/

If someone finds it/has it please let me know.

HelpR

Smash Ace
Disable Exiting Result Screen until Replay is Saved [NTSC-USA] Y.S.

C20F4560 00000002
38800001 90820000
60000000 00000000
040EB844 5400A7FE
040EB850 5403A03E
040EB868 5400A7FE
040EB874 5400A7FE
040E8040 4E800020
205A9320 00000001
040EB844 5400E7FE
040EB850 54030422
040EB868 540057FE
040EB874 5400E7FE
040E8040 9421FF60
E0000000 80008000
C20E6AC8 00000002
38000000 90020000
38000001 00000000

We really need a decent code repository on smashboards.

or at least a pre-assembled GCT with this, unlimited replay, and phantom wings.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wow, this is definetly a must have code for any Wii used in tourny. I didn't even know such a code existed. Good stuff Helpr and +1 on your code compilation comment!

I'd imagine there's eventually a limit. I dunno, I could be wrong and just be spouting nonsense
I don't think anyone will ever hit that link, pretty much ever. Replay files are tiny

Unless, you've got other game file saves clogging up your wii

HelpR

Smash Ace
SD card of 2 gigs can take like 400k replays.

Just clean it out so that there's at least enough space for 1000 replays, and that'll easily last you more then 3 or 4 tournaments.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The problem that quit outs and friendlies are saved
Also make sure you have the save more than 1000 replays code on
And if you come across a match that cant be saved (long teams matches) you're forced to restart the wii which is a pain

Keitaro

The problem that quit outs and friendlies are saved
Also make sure you have the save more than 1000 replays code on
And if you come across a match that cant be saved (long teams matches) you're forced to restart the wii which is a pain
I'm confused, there are matches too long to be saved? Even past the "save replays longer than 3 minutes" code?

HelpR

Smash Ace
O.o I dont know what chibo is talking about.

i've recorded matches that go to sudden death without a problem with the unlimited replay code.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Just make the wii with the code strictly tourny and livestream or something like that so no dumb friendlies get saved

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I believe it happens because Brawl eventually stops recording input after too much, which happens pretty easily in 4 player matches, since you have x4 the amount of input rather than just x2. Thx for the code though, I couldn't find a non gct file version. I'll try using this at my tourney this Saturday.

A work around for the doubles/friendlies issue is to just keep two gct files on the SD Card, one with force replay, one without. When singles comes up, make sure the force replay code is the one that's active. Before that? Just leave it off. Not hard.

Keitaro

Yeah I don't record doubles anyway so I like that idea.

Also Bizkit if possible please try not to hold a DNA on the 15th of January and ill love you forever.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bizkit is more or less right, it's based on the number of inputs. 4 players = 4 times the inputs. If you have a long teams match where a lot of stuff is going on, it will become unsaveable even with that code (I'm assuming the 3 minute restriction was made so people would normally never hit this input limit) and if the match is unsaveable but you need to save to exit the results screen... you kind of hit an infinite loop there.
A rough estimate would be like teams matches that are around 6-6.5+ minutes in length.

3 minutes is a bit extreme if 6-6.5 minutes of 4 players playing hits the input limit on average, Nintendo

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There's other things to consider such as playing with items probably adds more things as data needs to be saved for them as well, more complex stages such as Lylat or Picto, the alloy challenges since those are like up to 6 characters, there's a ton of variables.

Top Bottom