• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poly Brawl 5: return of the metaknight results

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Oh ****.

Well you ***g0ts know what i mean

you techincal ***s.

$100 :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Punishing the winner for fighting through even more people by paying him the same amount he would get at a tourney with smaller attendance. Cool guys.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
No one said he would get the same amount as a regular tournament, assface.
And kelvin, alright, cool. I guess you right. I'm sure mew2king didn't have to win any extremely tough sets to earn that second place. Same with anti and ADHD for 3rd and 4th.
Ugly kid!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Exactly. those are the only people who should get paid out. not inui and atomsk for 5th. wtf? salty kid.

and yes at a smaller tourney where the winner would get 60 percent of pot to a bigger tourney where the winner would get 45 percent of pot because of these payouts, the winner would get close to same amount. use your head boy.

and thanks for saying im right. i know i am.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
No one said he would get the same amount as a regular tournament, assface.
And kelvin, alright, cool. I guess you right. I'm sure mew2king didn't have to win any extremely tough sets to earn that second place. Same with anti and ADHD for 3rd and 4th.
Ugly kid!
you're an idiot man...

vinnie almost beat Jason last game, last hit, vinnie ****ed up and missed the kill.

ADHD and him went game 3.

Anti took a game off M2K

Anti had to fight me, then adhd and many others.

m2k went 3-2 on me last stock, ALMOST pulled the stock.

and no you guys pay top 5 at 25ppl events, LMAO in wfs u play about 3-4 ppl to get to wfs in losers, about 8ish to get to LFS, not hard unless its 35 top players, 5 non top players. Hardwork my ***.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Who did Minty lose to?
Me in losers.

Shoutout to Carlos for being another Yoshi who I think can do well given more experience.

Shoutout to Pwii for making me hate this game occasionally. I pray I don't ever get you in bracket. :urg:

Shoutout to Minty for the fun sets.

Shoutout to Inferno for almost forgetting me at the venue and for the lulzy AllBrawl shenanigans.

Shoutout to diem for owing me $210. I want my money. :awesome:

Shoutout to Penta for showing me GnW's new tricks, and then ****** me in my confusion with them.

Shoutout to Jtails for cockblocking me in Loser's bracket again. ONE DAY!

Shoutout to Ally for random tipper Fsmashes. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Shoutout to Pierce for defending his "habits" as "decisions." :bee:

Zucco, I hate your character.

RJ, Kansas hates you for keeping it on Tornado watch.

ADHD, did you actually get sleep? :bee:

Vinnie, good ****. I know it sucks getting close, you got it next time.

PD, next time I'm definitely gonna take your spot in the car pool. :awesome:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
"good job ally. you win X amount of money. Hey inui, you get 20 dollars that should be allys for beating bloodcross and jash! see ya next time!"

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Exactly. those are the only people who should get paid out. not inui and atomsk for 5th. wtf? salty kid.

and yes at a smaller tourney where the winner would get 60 percent of pot to a bigger tourney where the winner would get 45 percent of pot because of these payouts, the winner would get close to same amount. use your head boy.

*****, you're confusing me for the other guy that said top 7 should get payed out! ALL I SAID WAS SECOND GOT A LITTLE BIT OF THE **** AND I DISAGREE WITH FIRST GETTING MORE THAN DOUBLE WHAT SECOND GOT!
Now, I hate everyone!
Zucco and I are quitting.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
you're an idiot man...

vinnie almost beat Jason last game, last hit, vinnie ****ed up and missed the kill.

ADHD and him went game 3.

Anti took a game off M2K

Anti had to fight me, then adhd and many others.

m2k went 3-2 on me last stock, ALMOST pulled the stock.

and no you guys pay top 5 at 25ppl events, LMAO in wfs u play about 3-4 ppl to get to wfs in losers, about 8ish to get to LFS, not hard unless its 35 top players, 5 non top players. Hardwork my ***.
Ally, that was SARCASM! THOUGH I SUPPOSE SARCASM DOESN'T EXIST IN CANADA.
LRNTOAMERICA

AllyKnight

It's not sarcasm, it's you being a kid or showing signs of stupidity when none of that is needed in this convo and trying to hide it. Shadow, learn DK mu please then maybe you can break in the top 7. :awesome:

I still want you to win tourneys because I've always rooted for you. For some.

Reason.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
It's not sarcasm, it's you being a kid or showing signs of stupidity when none of that is needed in this convo and trying to hide it. Shadow, learn DK mu please then maybe you can break in the top 7. :awesome:

Reason.
Lmao, chill bro. I'm just messing with you. That was sarcasm, though, yah putz!
And don't you worry. Got that pocket DK ready for the ditto this time ;)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

Reason.

Keitaro

At KTAR 4 I'm doing top 8 payout.....BUT I plan on doing bonus pot!! Keep it on the low!!

60% is crazy, most tournies don't even do this type of payout nowadays in smash, at least in this region. At most, I've seen 55% but its usually 50%. I just calculated and this tourney was 55% for first.

lmao, I cant argue to that :awesome:

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
BEST PART OF TOURNAMENT:

"Everyone getting ready to leave Polytech."

*Randomly someone yells DIP*

Everyone else, "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!"

I love you guys.
Real talk!!! so true <33

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I just woke up

Shoutouts to The Real Talk crew

Shoutouts to Allied for being a good dubz partner

Shoutouts to the Stream

Shoutouts to NE

Shoutouts to halfway getting bracket ****ed in dubz but still managing to ALMOST take a game off of M2K and ADHD

thats about it.

OH...shoutouts to vinnie for making me actually hype about commentary with an MK on the screen.

Muñoz

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts TIME
Wes is baws stick to samus till you learn how to do more **** with zss

65th out of 74 people step it up Munoz

Fun ride on the subway with M2K and his girl happy to help taking yall get to the venue

VINNIE IS TOO GOOD!!

Lol Brims get money

wish I had tha bawls to ask some really good people for mm's or friendlies but im just a poor cheap schmoo :(

shoutouts to D1 DIP!!!!

Helpr im sorry about the bracket situation but dont blame me all i did was click on the name to advance the person and you held ctrl and did something hope that dont happen next time! good **** hosting

Dark Peach too good **** grab release
**** Falco I need help on that matchup losing to Sheen was not right

that doubles set vs M2K and Adhd was too good we couldve won just the first game, but oh well back to training!

lol double ganon too good shoutouts to Haze, Clai, and Arty for the *****in friendlies

Melee was fun but im trash at it :D

Shoutouts to everyone that attended and good **** to the top 3!

LMFAO DOUBLES LOSERS FINALS WAS EPICALLY HYPE! dat bucket and blackanese's commentary

I will learn from my mistakes in both events and come back stronger next year! Practice!!!! ON!!!!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
There is no reason 1st shouldn't make double what second made, they earned it.

Also, 5th always gets like $10 and barely makes there Venue fee back. Why do people feel they deserve this amount? LOL

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Making double what 2nd made =/= making a solid amount more than double what 2nd made

$407 vs. $185 is strange.

Vinnie

Smash Master
1: Ally ($407.00) - good stuff winning, you ***** me in the ROB ditto :(, see you next time.
2: M2K ($185.00) (forfeit) - I was really emo all day after losing to you... we had a good set though. Good ****, and great set, good job.
3: Anti ($74.00) - Great job in both events. Nice seeing you.
4: ADHD ($37.00) - ggs in doubles, good stuff in both events.
5: Atomsk ($18.50) - I went into the set with a really negative mindset, but no johns. I'll give you a better set next time. Good stuff in both events, and GGs in both events too. Thanks for the hug =/.
5: Inui ($18.50) - gj
7: Vinnie - first time placing below top 5 since MLG DC. You need to step it up and learn how to win last hit matches...
7: Jash - Great job on the top 8. The match with Inui game 3 was unfortunate, but great job on your wins regardless. Best Toon Link, obviously. Also, GGs in doubles!
9: Jtails - GJ on top 10 man, knew you could do it. You ain't goin' nowhere XD NOBODY QUITS THIS GAME! Also, GGs in doubles!
9: Pierce - GGs, gj vs Bizkit. Nice seeing you as always.
9: Bloodcross - GGs man, you're always a challenge, your MK is really really good. Nice seeing you.
9: Will - Back top 10 again, good. Stop getting ***** by Jash every tournament! Better yet... Jash, stop being so godly! Also Will, GJ vs Inui/dm. Thanks for the ride home and stuff. You did a lot better vs Ally this time. Rapist!
13: Teevee - Nice seeing you, 14th best ROB on the EC.
13: Pwii - GJ on top 16. You can do better though, you got this next time <3.
13: Doom - Nice seeing you mang.
13: Zucco - You got mad unlucky, it's alright though (>._.)> it was fun carpooling with you there. We gotta stop being so emo :(.
17: Wes - Great seeing you as always! Glad you're coming back hard!
17: deltacod - GJ beating Minty. It was nice seeing you <3.
17: Punishment Divine - Rapist, thanks for carrying me in doubles and next time I'll have an icy hot pack for your back.:rob::rob:
17: Bizkit - Nice seeing you as always.
17: Mblaze - Glad you can make it, nice talkin' to ya.
25: Chaosmarth - Thanks for all the support, it was nice seeing you again.
25: Gunblade - Fav smasher <3 fun weekend.
25: Pane - ggs in doubles
33: LinkX - Hey, fun talkin' to ya, see you next time.
33: Helprknight - Fun event, you ran it great, ggs in doubles, good ****.
33: Kirin - <3 ggs and good stuff vs Inui/dm.
33: Zorai - Yo!
33: Arban - Fun mm and friendly, nice seeing you and glad you made it.
33: Omari - GGs man.
33: RJ - hi
33: Penta - Good stuff vs Delta. You can do better, you got this next time!
49: Rapture - Fun talking to you and carpooling with you on the way back, thanks for finding my phone <3333
49: DarkPeach - Nice seeing you and talking to you.
49: Supermodelfromparis - ^
49: Inferno - <3
65: Hippydude - I'm so happy you made it, we should have talked more though, it's alright though.
BFF!
65: Southpaw - Hey, nice seeing you.
Blacka - nice seeing you, hopefully I changed your mind.
Dire - nice talking to you.
other people that didn't enter - sorry that I forgot you :( ENTER MORE!

Real upset about my performance, not discrediting anybody I lost to though. My fault for lacking. I'll do better next time...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Making double what 2nd made =/= making a solid amount more than double what 2nd made

$407 vs. $185 is strange.
I'm not saying 2nd didn't get screwed at this tourney. a lot of people ARE saying that first shouldn't make double what second makes, which I think is ridiculous.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
1st should at LEAST make double of what first makes. You won the ****ing tourney good ****!

Gimr why sloth?

Also lmfao at hippyniggyhandballgod

Calzorz

Smash Lord
good stuff ally , but

Singles:
1: Ally ($407.00)
2: M2K ($185.00) (forfeit) ???? why , or was it played? if so recorded?

HelpR

Smash Ace
pot breakdown:

1st: 55% (407)
2nd: 25% (185)
3rd: 10% (74)
4th: 5% (37)
5th: 2.5%(18.50)

Originally, pot breakdown was going to be 60/25/10/5 as the tourney fell short of 80 entrants (which I thought we would be getting at least 90 entrants, but alot of factors prevented that from happening) but I bumped it up to this payout because 60% of 740 dollars is far too large of an amount.

Next time, I will likely use AZ's payout system, though i will most likely change it a smidge, depending on some debate with my staff.

Keitaro

good stuff ally , but

Singles:
1: Ally ($407.00)
2: M2K ($185.00) (forfeit) ???? why , or was it played? if so recorded?
Winners finals was played out where Ally won 3-2. It was on livestream so it may have been recorded. Gfs was not played out.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kelvin, stop causing drama and saying unnecessary and unprovoked harsh things. >_>;

Vinnie's shoutout to me was so boring! But I do not expect much from a chicken nugget thief!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Kelvin, stop causing drama and saying unnecessary and unprovoked harsh things. >_>;
How am I causing drama? Me and Shadow were confused about the payouts and it's resolved now, o' Beg Monster. And you can stop calling me by my real name.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
pot breakdown:

1st: 55% (407)
2nd: 25% (185)
3rd: 10% (74)
4th: 5% (37)
5th: 2.5%(18.50)

Next time, I will likely use AZ's payout system, though i will most likely change it a smidge, depending on some debate with my staff.
You guys should try this payout if people are complaining:

1st - 48%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 14%
4th - 8%
5th - 4% each

I've been to a lot of tournaments recently with this payout and people seem to like it a lot.

Top Bottom