• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poly Brawl 5: return of the metaknight results

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Inui, process the results dawg.

I want them regionals medals :)

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
soooooo you're saying you sandbagged or something? rofl

diss troll :)
Roflmao at Ganon sandbagging. All I meant to say was that if I won, I would have played Limit since you two were matched up against each other. They were fun matches, but I get peeved when I don't win anything, it's just a reminder that I need to step my game up.

I have nothing but the upmost respect for everyone I play. I just kick myself everytime I lose.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Overall I had a really fun time at my first Poly though I did absolutely terrible once again in bracket, but eh I gotta start somewhere and I definitely need to stick to one character and advance my game rather than hopping character to character all the time. Though, the only MM I did win (one dollar in the pocket brah) was with Kirby, so maybe that's a sign. Where's TKbro to show me stuff?

Commentary was mad fun, too. Got to do it up with Doom, TKO, PD, Will and Pierce during doubles and the latter part of singles. Probably the best one to commentate was PD and Vinnie going double-ROB against Pane and Bizkit. Definitely had a fun time with that and I hope I can jump on commentary again next time around.

Anyways, great tournament overall. Finally got to meet some people I haven't met yet because I don't go to tournaments >_>. Props to Vinnie for almost getting there, but you did one hell of a job man. Will for driving me and Kirin and PD for being gangstas in the carpool...oh and Verm for meeting him and being really ****ing god damn tall.

So yeah, I had fun. Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully by then I'll be decent. xD

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Btw Wes you should of came over when i was sitting down playing Dire and Jason.

D1

Banned via Administration
BEST PART OF TOURNAMENT:

"Everyone getting ready to leave Polytech."

*Randomly someone yells DIP*

Everyone else, "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!"

I love you guys.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
BEST PART OF TOURNAMENT:

"Everyone getting ready to leave Polytech."

*Randomly someone yells DIP*

Everyone else, "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!"

I love you guys.
LOOOL.

DIP TRAIN

But my bad D1 for the hand thingy loool.

I just don't like being talked to after i lose in a game because i usually know what to do after i lose in a game.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Pierce good job getting 9th and that commentary was beast, me n you holding that P0und 5 stream down since I got the say on whos on that :)

WiFi kids were deep in this, shout outs to TonyT for outplacing DarkP

AllyKnight

yo wes, but it was cool when people times me out the same way? I was also practicing without sandbagging against his diddy if I had to face ADHD. I said I felt sorry, so please stop being an idiot =l you think I didn't feel bad afterwards, well you're wrong.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Anyways part.2 GOOD TOURNAMENT POLY DUDES, AS ALWAYS I WILL SEE YOU NEXT TRAINING SESSION. WES IS BACK HOPE PEOPLE ARE READY FOR SOME MAJOR TRASH TALKING WHETHER I WIN OR LOSE MY MOUTH WONT STAY SHUT!!! TIME TO BRING THE LIFE BACK INTO THE SCENE. TIME TO RESUSCITATE MYSELF AND THE TOURNAMENT SCENE!!!!
**** just got interesting in EC.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
@everyone who brought a Wii:

PM me if you have replays of me please.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Damn Vinnie, at xanadu we were all watching your match vs. M2k. You did so well. Me and you are both improving greatly against mk. You are obviously way ahead of me though. I really hope those matches were recorded so I canz study them :p

Coney

Smash Master
Damn Vinnie, at xanadu we were all watching your match vs. M2k. You did so well. Me and you are both improving greatly against mk. You are obviously way ahead of me though. I really hope those matches were recorded so I canz study them :p
LMFAO i was JUST about to post this

half of xanadu was watching you play M2K and was heartbroken when you lost it

you'll get him next time though, good ****ing ****

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
To all the pay out haters

Why wouldn't first place deserve more then 50%? He beat a bunch of good players and the guy who got 2nd and possibly even the guy that got 3rd. He deserves a substantially bigger amount then the rest of the top pay outs. Also it gives more incentive to get first since that much more is on the line. Did you guys know that a lot of street fighter tournaments do 70/20/10?

Win big or go home

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
imo only top 5 getting $, out of 97 people is pretty stupid
Why, what makes you think anyone else deserves money? Like, people are acting like they are entitled to money for not placing good

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Wasn't even 97 people.

It was 74.

And all im saying is 3rd should of gotten more $ :)

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Oh, never mind then. Im dumb.

Gimr, if that was the case, 7th / 97th is pretty damn good and deserves cash imo

STFU ALLY ANTI ALREADY TOLD ME

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Yeah I always get irked when people get upset that first place won so much

YOU DONT GO TO A TOURNEY TO GET 5TH OR SOMETHING. YOU GO TO WIN AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL. GET REWARDED FOR GOING HARD.

inb4thisregionisbroken. step it up.

why should 7th get paid out? because they went through hell only to not make it to top 5? you pay to enter a tourney.......to win right? alex strife making big payouts at viridians spoiled everyone

ANTi_

Smash Hero
LOOL.

I remember the tourny where i won $252.

And 2nd won $48.

Good times :)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wow thats kinda crazy lmao. i always thought top 3 should get paid out. those are the matches that are best 3/5 and are counted into finals category. always the toughest too. except this region whines about how tough it is yet people like adhd and anti only took half a year to get super gdlk at this game and everyone else is lazy.

Vinnie

Smash Master
WARNING : People please try to not talk to me/BEG for a MM when i just lose a set in tournament.

its annoying as **** and i end up taking it out on you lol.

my bad to TonyT. I told you later and you just kept talking. which got me tight.
Thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

HelpR

Smash Ace
my throat hurts like hell, and all I wanna do is sleep lol

AIB results are up if you guys want your medals, i'll certify them for like the next 2 hours then probably knock out for a while longer

Thanks again to everyone that came, shoutouts later.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
oh yea. good **** to the top 4

and amazing job vinnie. you dont think you did do well but you got newfound respect from a ton of people and pretty much went from hardly noticed to 'damn i better watch out'. You learn so fast too. a little more training and youll be back to wreck.

i already told you everything you did wrong vs m2k and you know why you lost to atomsk so next time you got this.

zucco, you walked away from computer when i told you the biggest part to how i beat jash but oh well i told you on skype already.

atomsk you're gay.

oh ok thanks for correcting me, beg monster.

Gnes

Smash Master
LOL i got too cocky after i beat you game 1. I thought i finally had it in the bag that i was slacking against you in the ditto.

(rolling behind you and dsmashing all the time) LOL.

Good stuff though.

Havok's tips really helped.

Let's ditto again next time ;)

And we **** teams as usual

631 TILL THE DEATH OF ME
GET EM WITH THOSE POCKET NOTES!!!
Good shiz, ur gonna be beating both of them soon :)

Vinnie

Smash Master
and amazing job vinnie. you dont think you did do well but you got newfound respect from a ton of people and pretty much went from hardly noticed to 'damn i better watch out'. You learn so fast too. a little more training and youll be back to wreck.

i already told you everything you did wrong vs m2k and you know why you lost to atomsk so next time you got this.
Thanks a lot Kelvin :/ and thanks for housing me and playing with me. Nairo too. I wanna come back soon!

D1

S'all good Anti I get tight when ppl talk to me right after I lose to instead of letting me get my **** together in my head.

Real nikkaz! I'm sad a lot of ppl bailed and didn't go out restaurant partying, but thats next time. Shoutout to TKO, Allied, Skip, Verm, Roze, TvVv, BC, and Bizkit for hanging out all weekend. Friday and Saturday night were hella fun.

Also shoutout to Bacardi Limon.

Lastly shoutout to Pimp2King.

I hear he's happier nowadays, and not only cuz of smash.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
**** just got interesting in EC.
Lol, Wes makes some crazy post like that after every NY tournament he randomly decides to attend. Don't get too excited. :laugh:

Kelvin, i completely disagree. A tournament with over 50 players means that everyone worked incredibly hard to get to the top spots, and i think they should all be rewarded greatly for it. The amount of matches you have to play in big tournaments like this and the amount of people you have to beat is phenomenal; it's something that i feel top 4 deserves good money for.
Getting first is impressive and they should be rewarded more than they rest, but that's why they do get more, just not over DOUBLE what second got.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ok then

keep supporting losers getting paid out for not doing anything

and ill keep supporting people who worked hard at the tourney getting paid out.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
ALL IM SAYING IS.

ANTi SHOULD OF GOTTEN ATLEAST 10% OF THAT GODDAMN POT

DiiiiiiiiP

EDIT : Seeding for KTAR most likely gonna be.

1. Ally
2/3/4 - Gnes/Anti/ADHD
2/3/4 - Gnes/Anti/ADHD
2/3/4 - Gnes/Anti/ADHD

I'm fine with whatever i get :)

Top Bottom