• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poly Brawl 5: return of the metaknight results

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Agh so many people went to this while I was busy vacationing

Quick, Polybrawl 6 right away so I can show my moves

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So upset and embarrased on how I did here. I have no words for this. I'm seriously am horrible. I'm just gonna get use to placing bad now like I have been for a year. So depressing. Why i have not just gave up and quit this game is beyond me.

Had fun at this tourny though. Nice seeing everyone again and playing who I played. That's all I am gonna say. I'm just seriously upset about this and how I blew it, It's just embarrassing.....

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
You're too agressive DP. You play very risky. Sometimes you need to step back and actually think if something will combo or if it will be shielded/perfect shielded into you getting punished. You look like you're playing Melee sometimes, which is cool, but ain't the best decision for brawl.

I'm not sure how Peach is supposed to camp but you should do it more.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Every1 pratically picked characters that neat olimar @ this tourney x.x

Mk
Marth
Falco
even luigi (who i was hoping to use @ the side event >.<)

Idk who else i should main along side olimar :/ im starting to think marth....

EDIT: Polybrawl should be like every other month

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I agree with Keitaro, I play Dark.pch a lot and he's very good but he's constantly having to talk to himself and tell himself to back off and stop approaching. It just needs to become habit, he knows it already and he'll do better next time. I have the same habit and it got me bad vs Limit. Went to last hit vs Minty game 2 though. :)

HelpR

Smash Ace
PB6 is kind of a ways off. Gonna try and shoot for february, to space out the large tourneys a smidge.

Expect a tourney some time in march though, in talks with a contact in the school who runs springfest (a small anime convention run out of poly) to hold a brawl tourney. might happen, might not, but we'll see

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'll look foward to that! Also, I should've brought my Wii. There was a TV Wii-less. How could such a thing have happened? D=

I loved chowing down on the apple pie. :awesome:

HelpR

Smash Ace
mikekirby: there were 17 tvs at the tourney, and 2 LCDs.

all of them had wiis, except that one. I kinda wished someone had set up there, but eh. w/e

Tony T

Smash Ace
good question I have some replays on some wiis if anyone sees them please PM me my Tag is Tony T and RJ I would like that mm set uploaded if you can bro ty, and I'll do shoutouts in a bit.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
And HelpR since you want tips.

The only thing wrong with the bracket was having Inui vs Punishment Divine while matches like

Jash v Atomsk
Me vs Bizkit
ADHD vs Zucco

Were going down

Jtails

Smash Lord

The only thing wrong with the bracket was having Inui vs Punishment Divine while matches like

Jash v Atomsk
Me vs Bizkit
ADHD vs Zucco

Were going down
na, what happened was the bracket was set up. but then NL wanted out of singles. so that was supposed to be Inui vs Ninjalink. but he withdrew from singles last minute. so yea..

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
he knew he wasn't making no bread thats why...lmao

I think we kinda got bracket ****ed with M2k second round be we still manage to hold our own...and hey somebodys gotta play right?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
TKO's Kirby is ****ing sexy in teams, god damn.

I also need to learn to camp. Being patient is hard for me. I've got this, though.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

Jash v Atomsk
Me vs Bizkit
ADHD vs Zucco

Were going down
I almost got him again though!

I'm so sick of playing Lucas, though, I wanna fight other MKs -_- His MK is too boring to fight lmao

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You're too agressive DP. You play very risky. Sometimes you need to step back and actually think if something will combo or if it will be shielded/perfect shielded into you getting punished. You look like you're playing Melee sometimes, which is cool, but ain't the best decision for brawl.

I'm not sure how Peach is supposed to camp but you should do it more.

See, check this out. I was not really aggressive at this tourny. Once in a blue in friendles cause me tbut thats about it. Hold time I was straight D and camping. I timed out a kirby and snake that I played. I was on point all day and was beasting. I was playing the way dire and bum trained me to play. You have the lead don't approach. create a wall with turnips. rack up damage then run. Don't for a kill if there is no opening no matter how much damage they have or continue to get. And went bonkers in MM. Banana locking a diddy kong with z drop>dair

My bracket, played Link X, went crazy. Even on point he had the lead, and decided to switch it up and made a comeback to win

Then I had to play anti, I never get a chance to play top level meta knights. So was happy I got to play anti. I wanna play top level metas more. Anything below that I already got and can beat them. I lost to anti.

Then had to play munoz and won.

What upset me was how I played against owl and lost to him. First game he beat me is a close game. Then I decided to switch it up more and play a lil more save. Game too i 2 stock him. Game there I was on the same game play. I gimp him early. I have the lead now. I'm here camping and not approaching. I get knocked off stage and some how I just SD. I just dropped to my death. I let Peach fall cause I thought I was close enough to auto grab the ledge. I noticed to late and then tried to jump. I had no jump. So tried to up-b and I was to far down to grab it. I could not believe I did that. I was upset. But just decided to shake it off after 30 secs and just bring it back since I am known to make combacks.

it goes down to one stock each. now this is where I am mad about. I do a Peach combo and he goes from 0-50. I have the lead now. I said **** that, you coming to me now. I'm getting damage slowly and doing fine with my lead. And then for no damm reason at all, like if I was controlled by the devil, I just stop doing all that and decided to approach/rush him down. There was no reason at all to do that dumb ****. I was winning and had a wall. He had to come to me and getting hit for it. For that I end up loseing.

I'm seriously upset cause of that. I just can't believe I seriously just did that. I did all Bum, dire and will taught me, And I was beasting all did. Never played so amazing. Timing out people and ****. I could have done so well in here. I seriously say I could have gotten at least top 7 with the **** I was doing. I had it and I just blow it. I feel so stupid. a time to place high in competition such as this and I throw it away. This is gonna take some time for me to get over.

HelpR

Smash Ace
anti, at the point in the bracket that PD fought inui, PD was supposed to have fought NL a round earlier. totally not our fault that he backed out, and he did it a few minutes before we started calling matches.

Not gonna comment on why, but yeah, it was supposed to be the winner of PD vs NL against inui that round.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
TKO is just sexy.

I really don't wanna do the MK Ditto anymore unless if I somehow get the training and get beast in it. Too gay. Ftilt/Dtilt wars are the gayest part of it. But I got this next time.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
im not very active, nor am i that good at this game but i still showed my face to say hi to ppl ^_^

i am SKIP btw

shout outs in no order:

my dude allied for half housing me and d1 two nights in a row! XD this dude, ill try to travel with you guys to WHOBO real talk if i got the money
blacka, thanks for housing me friday night good **** even though we aint sleep. always nice to see ya
teevee: fun just chillin wit u guys the night before and after, you and all of NE are cool beans. also, lol@ trying to use a nyc subway map
TKO: that was like the first time we chilled (im not counting apex since i was drunk half the night and dont really remember talkin to ya much), but yea ur a mad chill person, and a good drinkin buddy :D
bizkit: nice team games we played before tourney, ur real chill as well, lovely mk!
verm, fun train ride wit cha, ur a cool tall brolic mother****er :D <3
d1: SO MANY ****IN INSIDERS...LOL. it's like we're speaking another language when we pull them joints out
hippy: my niggggggggggggggggggggggy, always a pleasure to see / play you.
viva: omg i thought id never see ur lil *** again. HOW THE **** U TALLER THAN ME NOW
anti: (gives a five then never says anything again to throughout entire tourney) LOL
sherise: paparazi *** nkka
aileen: didnt really talk much to you, but lovely seeing you again. just wear my clothes in 30 degree weather lol
minty: rice and beans. gonna include that in my diet so i can get giant like you ****.
blood+: mad quiet. i wanna see this guy tipsy lol.
limit: real fun playing u, i won like once out of 20 matches haha
owl: fun playin ya for that one match, i lost mad skillz.
helpr: lovely hosting job helpr. :]
the guy i played in the corner whos name i didnt get: nice playin ya for a few sets
wes: shoutouts to the pink shirt swag

all in all, i enjoyed seeing everyone. id play more if i had access to the game. i also slept like a baby on that couch :D

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I really don't wanna do the MK Ditto anymore unless if I somehow get the training and get beast in it. Too gay. Ftilt/Dtilt wars are the gayest part of it. But I got this next time.
I feel you. Seems like a guessing game a lot. My main problem is fighting MKs who are amazing vs. Falco. :(

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Thanks for all the support guys. I still think I'm pretty bad this game, but it's encouraging all the same.

Shoutout to Looney Toons for reminding me that the objective at Poly was to CAMP.

Shoutout to my real talk brethren.

Also, for all of you that enjoyed my commentary, thank you very much. I was actually practicing a couple months back, because I did a terrible job at Apex, and I wanted to deliver something awesome for you guys. I was hoping to potentially do commentary for MLG, so I was practicing (and stopped practicing after D.C. when I realized we weren't getting the stream this year at least). However, it seems that's it's not all over.

I'd love to do commentary at Pound. Hopefully, you'll all catch me on the mic at Ktar and Viridian.

I'll catch you all soon. This tournament was really fun.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Ally next time we play, I will be on your level.

shouts later to come!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks for all the support guys. I still think I'm pretty bad this game, but it's encouraging all the same.

Shoutout to Looney Toons for reminding me that the objective at Poly was to CAMP.

Shoutout to my real talk brethren.

Also, for all of you that enjoyed my commentary, thank you very much. I was actually practicing a couple months back, because I did a terrible job at Apex, and I wanted to deliver something awesome for you guys. I was hoping to potentially do commentary for MLG, so I was practicing (and stopped practicing after D.C. when I realized we weren't getting the stream this year at least). However, it seems that's it's not all over.

I'd love to do commentary at Pound. Hopefully, you'll all catch me on the mic at Ktar and Viridian.

I'll catch you all soon. This tournament was really fun.
How dare you think that you are bad at this game :glare:

Muñoz

Smash Apprentice
Then had to play munoz and won.

......our first match was sooo close and then i just lost it....gonna learn and hit hard next time sons

Doubles was the only fun thing to me imo

back to training!

Muñoz

Smash Apprentice
oh and Jtails if owl didnt tell you yet I has em sending em with D3K this friday incase I cant make it to poly friday

D1

LMAO @ me not entering and getting 999th place, Blackanese is free he got 1000th. XDDD

Shoutouts to teh guys and girls who took mad pics **** was mad fun!!!

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
LOL real talk, I did bad on my part in teams. My bad, NL.

It wasn't just my fault for not playing Brawl as much anymore, but the fact that so many people improved. And I'm actually happy for all of those people :] I'm gonna start playing wifi again to be decent in teams lol.

Anyways, as always, it was good seeing everyone.

*bites imaginary sandwich* LMFAO

Edit- Tko / tkbro you have a pic of YoutubeKings face when he got bucketed on LMFAO

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea but I like my camera at Allied

also Dark Peach you need to TL;DR your post...I be trying to read them but after I have to scroll my mouse ball twice I just get apathetic of the rest of the post....lol

oh and I still suck...lol

people who don't even play kirby still do better than him with me

Atomsk Kirby is still better than mine...and I feel liek as a main of 1 character I should be anybody who multi-chars...so I still got some stepping up to do

HelpR

Smash Ace
Only 5 videos were recorded. I haven't had a chance to watch them all, and one was definitely worthless.

My mistake honestly. I had intended to put the forced replay code on, but I didnt change the SD card before the tournament to the one that had it on.

kinda annoyed now, I thought I had set the code on -.-

D1

PPL should just record every tournament match period there should be no reason to NOT record anymore. You know you wanna review your match vs. said player, why the fvck would you NOT RECORD?

Dumb.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I'm really sad our doubles sets weren't recorded, I want to see what I did wrong vs. Trevor + Zucco really bad D:

I woulda saved replays but i figured the stream was recording >.<

Tony T

Smash Ace
Ok here is a tip from now on any hacked wiis that are brought in just have the infinite replay and show tags code on so people can record the replays and also put a sheet of paper by each tv so people can sign their tags and write what type of match it was so we can determine what wii has that persons replays on it or something like that so that this doesn't happen again.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Too bad replays don't work for doubles matches anyways. And lol @ this tag idea, I say just know the community enough to tell who's tag is who's and also just the players playstyle in general.

If you don't want this to happen again save your own replays or bring your own sd card to save it too (then you can review your matches even if you don't want them on YouTube). Another way is to have someone with enough motivation to be a dedicated recorder for the tourney.

Also people should never assume the stream is recording since it takes quite a bit to run a streaming program and a recording program at the same time.

Top Bottom