• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Which revealed Assist Trophy do you wish would've been playable?

Which revealed Assit Trophy do you wish would've been playable?

• Total voters

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I didn't realize you could vote more than once. Whoops.

Well, I voted for Bomberman, but besides him, I would choose Krystal, Zero, and, well...
If Ridley isn't too big for Smash, I think Moon has a chance.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
My vote is Sukapon, considering he's Nintendo's first traditional fighting game mascot. It seems wrong that the only actual fighting game character in the game is from a third party ( granted it's the game that popularized the genre but I still think Nintendo's own series should get priority )
My runner up is Midna, a character I never supported in the past, as I thought the only Zelda characters that should get priority were recurring characters like Tingle and Impa, but now that the Zelda cast's visuals are made from all sorts of different games, it feels like any Zelda character could fit in. And I think Midna is the best of the non-playable characters. I still think her twili-form has a shot as a Zelda echo, but I'd rather have the more recognizable Imp form ( besides, I never liked the twili form, her imp form fits her ''impish'' personality more )

Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, and Krystal would be nice too.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman and Shovel Knight are the only two I really want. I will also pick Samurai Goroh since it would be cool to get another F Zero character. And since the opener said 1-4, I guess I will pick Waluigi as my 4th because my brother really wants him.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
None. But given my Zelda background, I think Midna and Ghirahim would be really cool. That said I want others that still have a chance from that franchise more (ie. Impa).

Lyn would've been a great FE rep but I don't really want any more FE characters with swords.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
None atm, but if for some reason Phosphora shows up as an AT again instead of being playable, that will be where my vote goes.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Ashley, Alucard, Bomberman, Takamaru, and Waluigi for me because they would definitely be fun to play as.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru is the only acceptable answer.
Also it seems like I accidently voted for Knuckles too, but seeing him in action he does look like he'd be a fun playable character.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
If the Squid Sisters got in, as two different fighters with two completely different movesets, I would be overjoyed.

Last edited:

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Ghirahim and Krystal. Still kinda salty they weren’t playable in smash 4

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Voted Bomberman, Krystal, Goroh and Waluigi. But my real priority would be Skull Kid, and I would like Isaac too.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Dillon
Spring Man
Phosphora
Sukapon

Even though they're not on the poll

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Skull Kid, although he's not on the poll - understandable though, given that he wasn't even deconfirmed in the November direct but just quietly appeared on the site afterwards

So voted Midna, who's my second most wanted Zelda newcomer

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The fact that Color TV-Game got three votes makes me laugh.

Also, I love how Isaac doesn’t even get a spot on the poll.

I voted for Zero and Waluigi. Mega Man X has exactly two songs to its name in Smash and that’s it. It’s the second most popular series in the franchise and the first three games were all on the SNES. I think Zero as a playable character is a reasonable request.

And what can I say about Waluigi that hasn’t already be said? It’s a crime that characters like Bayonetta have gotten in before him.

I would vote for Alucard if Simon and Richter weren’t already in. Things have to be kept reasonable, and I think three Castlevania characters is a bit too much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waluigi, Lyn, Phosphora, and Zero are my most wanted choices.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
why isn't Shadow and Skull Kid in the poll?! :o

and my pick would be Shadow the hedgehog followed by Skull Kid i think cause i just think he would have a interesting moveset

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember polls being very difficult to edit if you're not a mod. That said, the poll was made before November 1st, so it makes sense it's outdated. I'll do so if they want it updated. Their thread and all~

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Since I've played with Joker a bit, and was browsing the forum and saw this topic. I realized that Joker plays very VERY similarly how I imagined Ghirahim would play in Smash, minus the persona (though Ghirahim does have multiple forms). Tall thin speed character with a knife who can counter, and casually tossing a tiny projectile at you at a slight angle. Just replace a few of the kicks with his sword attacks (then again Link kicks in Smash and he doesn't do that in the games), and replace grapple with his teleport. I could easily see Smash 6 replacing Joker with Ghirahim if they wanted to have someone joker-esque without it being Joker. However since Joker is here, Ghirahim feels a bit redundant if he got in.

Also now looking around that people mentioning characters that weren't in the list. Ray MK III would be pretty neat if they got in smash. Smash fast character with projectiles sounds like a fun time. Skull Kid would be fun, as long as it's not like Hyrule Warriors where he plays a note on the Ocarina for every single gosh darn attack! (So salty about that. He was so fun to play, but I can't stand the ocarina noises!).

However, the big one for me would be Shadow. In fact, he's probaby one of the few characters that exist that could be a third loyalty main for me. Looks cool? Check! Like the personality? Check! Do I have memories or history with the character? Check! So he definitely has motivation for me to main him. It would come down to what his gameplay is like. However, Sonic in Ultimate feels just so perfectly natural to use, so if Shadow was an alt costume or echo I know I'd be right at home playing Shadow. However if they gave him more unique features like teleporting to recover, having chaos spear as a projectile it'd be nice. He does have unique punches+kicks and such in the sonic games if they really wanted to draw from the sonic games even more. Even if his gameplay was pretty bad, I probably would be stubborn enough to get over it because of how much I like Shadow, just like I did with Meta Knight (and to a lesser extent Lucario). I'm mostly worried about him becoming a heavy hitting slower version of Sonic, even though he seems to do more combo type attacks in the games compared to sonic from what I've seen. I could easily see Sakurai making him have not much traction because of his shoes though, which might be either annoying and/or interesting with such a fast character. So yeah, playable Shadow in Smash please!

Top Bottom