• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Which potential echo do you think should be a unique fighter instead?

Which echo fighter do you think should be a unique fighter instead?

• Richter Belmont (Simon Belmont)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chrom (Roy)

• Louie (Ness)

• Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)

• Glass Joe (Little Mac)

• Ken (Ryu)

• Total voters

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
This idea popped into my head recently when I got into a debate with someone over whether Dixie Kong should be a unique fighter or echo. I argued she should have a new moveset, because she has been shown to have very different abilities than Diddy Kong. I feel the same way about Impa. While Impa and Sheik have been show to be similar, I think Impa could be an awesome unique fighter using her Giant Blade from Hyrule Warrior. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of echo fighters, and think certain characters like Ken and Shadow, who are extremely similar to their counterparts, are great fits. But I don't want them to be used in situations where the character in question would've made for an awesome unique fighter. So, who do you think would be a better unique fighter than echo?

*NOTE*
The fighters in this poll are a mix of echoes confirmed to be in the game, and others commonly discussed in the Smash community.
Characters are listed in the poll with the echo first, and then the character they're based off of.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'd say Dark Pit. I would've also picked Lucina, but only one option. Kid Icarus Uprising has a ton of weapons, and multiple weapon classes that are entirely unrepresented in Pit's moveset. They could've made two full movesets out of them, by giving Dark Pit his staff, and maybe claws and a club, but instead they had to give us the poster boy for Echo Fighters done less interestingly.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Ninten Because:
A. PK Starstorm didn't exist back in Earthbound Beginnings, so they'd have to give him a new Final Smash(and Maybe Anna & Lloyd could appear like Paula & Poo do in Ness' Final Smash, or how Kumatora & Boney appear in Lucas' Final Smash; such as PK Beam Y)
B. He Deserves to have a different Moveset than EITHER Ness OR Lucas
C. He Could have 4th-D Slip(Similar to how Ness' ACTUAL Move he has in Earthbound is his PK Flash; Ninten ACTUALLY learns 4th-D slip in Earthbound Beginnings) and teleport

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Voted for Dixie in the poll, because she’s the one character I think would be insulting to see as an Echo. She’s very popular, very important to her own franchise, and a protagonist who has moveset potential for a unique character.

However, I’m a proponent for making a unique character any time the potential is there, and I think Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, Isabelle and Ninten should be unique. Most of all Isabelle.

Also Louie is labeled as a Ness Echo for some reason?

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Dixie in the poll, because she’s the one character I think would be insulting to see as an Echo. She’s very popular, very important to her own franchise, and a protagonist who has moveset potential for a unique character.

However, I’m a proponent for making a unique character any time the potential is there, and I think Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, Isabelle and Ninten should be unique. Most of all Isabelle.

Also Louie is labeled as a Ness Echo for some reason?
Yes, I'm also really really hoping both Dixie and Isabelle are unique. Also yeah I realized Louie is labeled as an echo for Ness, I meant Villager but was unable to change it after posting. My apologies.

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
Voted Dixie because I only had one vote (otherwise Dark Pit/Dark Samus would be there as well). Now, there are moves her and Diddy could share, such as her bubble gun from Tropical Freeze working like Diddy's Popgun, and her side-b as well (have zero idea what it could be otherwise...), but her stuff need to incorporate her iconic ponytail. It wouldn't be Dixie otherwise. Now if Shantae got in the game and she had plenty of ponytail attacks, THEN I'd be down with her as a Diddy echo (with Shantae normals, and DK up-b)

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I voted Dixie, she has no business being an echo, but there's a few others I feel strongly about as well

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dixie and Isabelle both deserve better than being an echo, but if I had to choose only one it'd be Dixie.

I'd also rather have Impa based off her Hyrule Warrior self but a Sheik echo would fit fine.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As far as popularity and importance goes Dixie would quite easily be able to break off as her own character, if she really is an echo I pretty much expect her to do so in future games and become a semi clone. In terms of moveset potential I'd say Dark Samus, I'm just happy she's in at all, but in theory she could be so much more.

I'm perfectly fine with both being echoes though, with limited spots it's important that they're still playable in any form.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Unlisted but my pick is Malos from Xenoblade 2 (Shulk echo).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I get anxiety from having to choose between Dixie and Impa.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Daisy (Peach) - Sports themed moves could be cool, but I don't exactly think as a unique character that she should beat Waluigi or Toad. I'd even take Wart or King Boo.
Lucina (Marth) - Meh, I think she looks like gender bend Marth overall, one of my least favorite echoes to exist. I don't want her unique.
Dark Pit (Pit) - My other bottom echo, recolored Pit can be removed or left as a echo. Nothing more please.
Richter Belmont (Simon Belmont) - Who's Simon? Richter and him are borrowing from each other anyways for one complete move set. Richter is bae though.
Chrom (Roy) - I'd rather remove Roy as he flopped and only made it in as advertisement at the time. Best to leave as is.
Dark Samus (Samus) - Oh she could be quite interesting, but I feel Ridley and possibly Sylux down the road covers Metroid fine. She has the potential though.
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong) - Her and Diddy are very similar in build, but she could throw in her unique hair and stuff.
Impa (Sheik) - Part of me would prefer her replacing Sheik tbh.
Ninten (Ness) - I don't really want 3 similar looking kids. No thanks.
Isabelle (Villager) - Nah, I think a echo is best for her.
Louie (Olimar) - While most would write this one off, Louie could have a bug/enemy based move set which would be awesome. But I doubt it'd ever happen.
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man) - Not unique enough in design for me for anything besides echo.
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) - Surfboard could be fun, but Dixie deserves it more and I doubt we'll see 3 DK newcomers.
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon) - No thanks.
Glass Joe (Little Mac) - Wimpy Mac works best as a echo or not at all.
Ken (Ryu) - Born to be a echo.
Shadow (Sonic) - Very likely to happen, but his chaos control stuff could be pretty awesome if included.

Dixie & Shadow > Dark Samus & Funky > Louie & Daisy.

I voted for Shadow simply cause I figured Dixie would win anyways.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
Dixie, her ponytail moves in DKC alone are more than enough to distance her from Diddy. She wouldn't make sense as a clone, she plays too differently.

I think I'm more or less satisfied with the rest.

Top Bottom