• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Welcome to the thread! I have created a poll containing characters that have not been confirmed for anything past a trophy in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. Yes, that's right...Mewtwo and Ridley are not on this poll. Mewtwo for obvious reasons, but I decided against having Ridley as a selection on this poll based on my thoughts concerning his Boss status.

For this poll, I ask that you pick whichever characters you want to see. I guess I can't really tell you to pick a specific amount, but if you could please NOT PICK EVERY SINGLE OPTION ON THE LIST, that would be great.

If there is a character that you want that is NOT on the poll, please pick the choice titled, "Other". Please be sure of your choices before voting, and when you are finished, please state your rationale for picking those particular characters in a comment. Please DO NOT state negative rationale towards character you did not pick. This is a positive poll, so I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks for checking out this poll! I hope to get some good results!

PLEASE VOTE ON WHO YOU WANT TO SEE. WANT, not EXPECT!!!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My first three picks were Rayman, Snake, and King K. Rool, as they are my top three. I also picked the other veterans (Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers) Dixie Kong, and Lip. I do want to see them, but not so much as the first three. Thoughts on my choices:

Rayman: Currently, he has a trophy in the Wii U version. This is out of place, as he's a third party character, the trouble with which to go through licensing would be better used for an actual playable character, rather than a tiny cameo. As Mewtwo has shown, characters who are already in the game as trophies, but aren't playable can be made into DLC and added to the game. Rayman is an optimal choice, as they already have the rights for him in the game, and he's the mascot of Ubisoft.

Snake: A lost veteran from Brawl, also a third party character. We know that Kojima still wants Snake in, as he's said "please use Snake." The trouble that Sakurai went through to include Snake in Brawl, when he was originally wanted in Melee, should speak a lot about how Sakurai feels about the character/franchise. As with Mewtwo, Snake is a largely popular character with a completely unique moveset, compared to the other cuts (besides the Ice Climbers), but he lacks any sort of trophy appearance currently.

King K. Rool: Having consistently been among the top three most requested characters after Mega Man joined, with Mewtwo out of the way and Ridley being down for the count, K. Rool has inherited the largest amount of support for Smash currently. While he could potentially be looked over due to his lack of appearances in the past few years, he is still recognized by Smash itself with a trophy appearance, likening him to Bowser as the main villain of Donkey Kong, no less. The CEO of Retro has also recently followed the Twitter account, Kremling Kampaign, which aims to bring the King back to the DK franchise and add him to Smash.

Ice Climbers: Though they seem to have been put on ice, there is still the possibility of Sakurai managing to fix them eventually. This would require more work and effort than he already put into them, as they were working on the Wii U but ultimately scrapped, so their lower priority could hinder them. Never the less, they are a fan favorite veteran that we want back.

Wolf: One of the cuts that baffles me almost as much as the Climbers, a perfectly unique veteran, a villainous character, and fan favorite that should have been in the game. He almost feels like the Mewtwo of Brawl, in that respect. But again, with Mewtwo coming back, Wolf should have no problems making his way to the DLC train, with his high support.

Lucas: One of the more saddening cuts, this poor kid can never get a break. Another unique character, though from a Japan only game, it's one that has gained it's own following over the years, as evidenced by Lucas having by far the largest fan outcry of any of the cut veterans. At least Lucas has a better chance of returning than Mother 3 has of being localized, right?

Dixie Kong: One of the infamous characters of the "forbidden seven," this Kong was planned to be in Brawl, but plans fell through. With Donkey Kong getting no characters whatsoever with this iteration of Smash, and being at a measly two characters when it has such a large plethora of them to work with, it would be more than justified for there to be two, or even three DLC characters from the franchise. Dixie is one of the original protagonists of the classic trilogy, starring in two of the games (two more than Donkey Kong himself!), and having a grand return in Tropical Freeze, she's a perfect candidate to become playable.
If only we could have the Kremling and the Kong...

Lip: The puzzling fairy that got lost in translation, original protagonist of Panel de Pon, before it was turned into a Yoshi game with the generic title of "Tetris Attack," and then turned into a Pokemon Puzzle game, before ultimately becoming a generic puzzle league game with no characterization, even in the original Japanese versions. Lip herself hasn't been forgotten entirely, still making small cameos in her own games, and her magic flower wand being an item in Smash (plus one of Kirby's Stone transformations being a Garbage Block), so there's the smallest glimmer of hope for her to return in some way.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Inkling, Dixie Kong, Impa and Other

Other = Sami from Advance Wars, which is never happening and Fiora from Xenoblade, because she is cool (and Reyn is kind of meh).

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Ridley would be my first pick.

Dixie is Second.

Imp is Third.

Gengar is fourth.

Cut Character pack (Roy Wolf etc.)

And finally I know this will make people mad but if they can get the licensing then Goku just because.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Wolf, and Snake are my biggest priorities.

I'm a big Donkey Kong fan and its current representation in Smash is quite underwhelming. Both K. Rool and Dixie have a lot to offer the series (the former in particular), and Sakurai would have to go out of his way at this point to not add at least one as DLC.

I was a Wolf main in Brawl and Snake's inclusion in that game turned me into a Metal Gear fan, not to mention his incredible and creative moveset should definitely make a comeback.

However, I did put in a vote for Hades who would be a "never going to happen but would be amazing" character, and a vote in Other because I would actually enjoy Toon Ganondorf as the sixth Zelda character, who would finally give Ganondorf a unique moveset and have the Zelda cast be two Triforces.

Voting for Ice Climbers seems like a waste since the 3DS can't just magically be powerful enough to handle them.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, King K. Rool, and King K. Rool.

...did I mention King K. Rool? Just in case I didn't, here's a delightful video made by fellow Smashboards user @JabbatheHutt.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
-All cut vets.
-K. Rool (more vilains!!)
-Paper Mario
-Black Shadow (we need more F-Zero!)
-Rayman
-4th Mii (Wizard please)
-Other:
-Shadow the Hedgehog (already assist trophy, but let me dream)
-Wreck-It Ralph (my fav. 4th-party pick, if Sakurai allowed it)
-Young Link (I like him more then than 2 other Link's)
-Raichu (if Pichu is a weaker version of Pikachu, then Raichu must be stronger! :D)

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
King K. Rool, Wonder Red, Wolf, Snake, Dixie, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, and Kamek.

Really most of these I could do without but K. Rool and Wonder Red are by far my most wanted.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If I had to choose one, King K. Rool by far.
Dixie in second and any of the cut veterans following her.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ii chose Wolf, Lucas, Dixie, Krystal Impa and Tetra

I really miss wolf and strangely lucas too, I have no idea why though since I rarely used him

Dixie, Impa and Krystal were my most wanted newcomers and it's sad how they didn't make it

and while I don't like tetra as much as impa she'd still be a fantastic choice for a zelda rep

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
My other was Sami from Advance wars, I'm kinda disappointed you guys didn't include her in the poll, she has equal prominence in the series with Andy

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Other: Fiora from Xenoblade

K. Rool, Dixie, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Snake, Rayman, Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Impa, Paper Mario, Krystal, Black Shadow, Reyn, Mach Rider, and Chibi Robo.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted (besides Mewtwo, who has made it in) would be the cut Brawl veterans, most of all Wolf. My other wants in no particular order is Captain Toad, Wonder Red, Dixie Kong, Inkling, Rayman, Isaac, Some sort of AW Rep (voted andy).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I picked every veteran (but Pichu [that option only because I have a good idea for it, but I doubt it'd be used]), K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Wonder Red, Krystal, Chorus Men, Andy, Mach Rider, Bayonetta, Rayman, and Other.

For "other", I would have said Simon Belmont, Geno, and Crono, but sadly those aren't happening, so I'm just gonna say Cranky Kong and leave it at that.

Reasoning for my choices
[collapse="Veterans General Overview"]-For all veterans on the list I voted for, they all worked (sans Roy), and they all had pretty good designs, and leave a lot of room for potential.
-Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and The Ice Climbers need relatively minor moveset and skillset changes, sans adjustments to fit into Smash WiiU of course.
-Without being treated as a handicapped fighter, Squirtle and Ivysaur will be free to look as awesome as Charizard was. Project M has shown us just how great Squirtle's and Ivysaur's potential is as solo fighters, especially the latter.[/collapse]
[collapse="Veterans Specific Details"]
-Wolf: I'd give him a few of Falco's Melee weaponry, since Falco took the (poverty) version of a lot of Wolf's material (honestly, Falco in general feels like a poverty version of Brawl Wolf, who generally felt somewhat incomplete). I'd also make him have more of a BEASTLY style of fighting, with more aggressive attacking patterns added into his skillset. I think that plus a few minor edits to his playstyle would make Wolf get the "complete" feel he was lacking in Brawl IMO. Also, give him a rocket launcher alternate move please.
-Squirtle: I'd like to see more of that speedster shell style implemented, where's he's constantly moving, able to do 2 or 3 hit combos easily, and can just poke really efficiently and quickly.
-Ivysaur: I think the Project M build of Ivysaur is pretty freaking amazing. That would be fantastic in Smash 4 IMO.

-Lucas: Honestly there's not a lot that needs changing. He is PERFECTLY made for this Smash game. His moveset, skillset, and playstyle is probably the easiest of all the cut veterans to put into this game, as his recovery game is set, his aerial game is fantastically set, and his special moves all seem pretty good. The only problem is Ness borrows a lot of his special moves, but eh, that didn't hurt Lucina (or Doc... or Luigi... or Dark Spit). If you really care about that, just give him even newer versions of those moves as customized moves.
Ice Climbers: Just no chain grabbing and we're good. Their design otherwise is fantastic, and they have some cool combos and offensive juggling capabilities. Their design (aside from their automatic chain grabs) in Melee and Brawl IMO was fantastic.
-Roy: I'd give him a more stab heavy approach. Honestly, Marth feels like a better Roy (wet noodle and all), so I'd just make Roy play more like Melee Marth. I know people will say "guys, but that's what Lucina does", which isn't true. She's more like Marth with spacie aspects added in. Besides that, by giving Roy stab moves or longer sweeps (like the Project M fTilt, for instance), and maybe giving him a great dTilt launch game, he could be an effective addition that's different, and yet extremely easy to add because he's a clone.
Snake: I'd change his up tilt and that's about it. I'd give him his stun gun and RPG as customized side B attacks too. I'd also make his grenade neutral B harder to (effectively) spam. Other than that, Snake's design is incredible.[/collapse]
[collapse="Newcomers on the List"]-King K. Rool: He's got so many cool moves, such an imposing figure, and he just CLEARLY would work. He's the kind of quirky character this roster is lacking in, and the TRUE HEAVYWEIGHT that honestly is missing from the newcomer roster (most newcomers feel like they are roughly the same weight; I don't know about you guys, but I want DIVERSITY, and that's the one thing the roster lacks, specifically in regards to weight). Plus you could basically make a moveset for him from DKC1, 2, 3, and DK64 alone, but when you combine those games, oh boy, you got a special formula. In terms of skillset potential, I don't think there's any potential better newcomer with a realistic chance.
-Dixie Kong is kinda the same thing, only less evident. You could easily reuse parts of Diddy's model for starters. Then, you could give her a cool hair-based offense, grab (and grab throw game), and several other cool moves from DKC2/3/Tropical Freeze.
Isaac: If you've played Golden Sun, you've seen all the cool Earth Adept moves he has, as well as the cool swordplay moves he has. He has originality, moveset potential, and skillset potential all in spades. I think Isaac is arguably the best all-around potential newcomer candidate, and frankly, I find it odd people aren't more into the idea. It's just so apparent how cool a playable Isaac would be to me.
-Wonder Red... it just writes itself as a "summoner" or "use other characters as weapons/offense" character. It'd be hard to add, sure, but it would inevitably be extremely impressive with proper work. Wonder Red is one of those characters I can envision easily, but is hard to describe specifically.
-Krystal: Space animals are amazing, and they are the best designed characters in Smash IMO (even if Falco in Smash 3DS is a huge step backwards IMO). Adding a character with a space animal playstyle with new elements such as magic and a staff, as well as Krystal's unique athletic abilities into the fold would be outstanding.
-Chorus Men: Three in one character with musical/rhythm attacks. That sounds amazing, and I would love to play as it.
-Andy (Advance Wars): Because Advanced Warfare is coming out. :laugh: Honestly this could go so many ways, and they could all be awesome.
-Mach Rider: Guns + a guy on a bike + other cool bike and weaponry stuff = win. Sure his game sucks, but that didn't stop The Ice Climbers from being amazing.
-Bayonetta: The queen of action games and hack and slash games. Please, for the love of God, look up how many cool moves she has. Once you do that, you will see that the potential there is OUTSTANDING!
-Rayman: He's a platformer GOD, and since Smash is a platformer first, these kind of characters almost always work. He'd be a solid addition.[/collapse]
[collapse="My Other Choice"]
-Cranky Kong: Use some of his skills from the ORIGINAL Donkey Kong (since he is the original Donkey Kong), plus add in some crazy technology, throwing potions, and just general old man tomfoolery.[/collapse]

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wolf, Snake, Dixie, Wonder Red, Bandana Dee, and instead of Reyn, Fiora (which is why I also voted Other).

I'd be ok with most of the others too.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
King K. Rool, Lucas, and Wolf were my picks.

King K. Rool: I love the DKC series to death, and feel that it deserves far more representation in Smash. Not just fighters, either: everything. Stages, music, assist trophies, the works. The series's main villain, the mad Kremling King himself, making it into Smash as a fighter would be a big step in the right direction. He's got so much to offer in terms of personality and moveset options. It was disappointing when he didn't make it into Melee alongside Ganondorf and Bowser. It was upsetting when he didn't make it into Brawl to join Diddy Kong as the two most important DK newcomers they could've possibly added. It's ridiculous that he didn't make it into Smash 4. His fanbase is undeniably large, and he's currently the most wanted newcomer.
"WHYYYY NOOOOOOT?!?"

Lucas: The MOTHER series is another that I absolutely adore, and Lucas getting cut was a massive disappointment for me and many others like me. Even though I preferred to play as Ness in Brawl, I still think Lucas deserves a spot on the roster as the second representative of such a great series. With his moves as customs for Ness now, I'd even settle for Lucas to be an alternate skin for Ness. But then, that wouldn't make much sense considering Lucina, Doc Mario, and Dark Pit exist as individual fighters. (Not that I dislike those three, mind you.)

Wolf: I've actually only ever played one Star Fox game, that being Star Fox 64. I never play as any of the Star Fox characters in Smash, and yet I'm upset Wolf was cut. He had easily the most personality of the three space animals, and was the most unique as well. He's a villain, as well, which Smash rather lacks at this point. (See: King K. Rool) Him getting the boot just doesn't make sense to me, and he needs to come back.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I voted 5 characters (a little too many, i know...)

My "best favourite" is Dixie Kong by far.
Then, I voted (in order of choice) :
-Captain Toad: he is soooo cuuuute! only his alt skin ("Captain" Toadette would be cutier than him)
-Wonder Red: yes, i'm playing TW101 in these days, and he would have the most original playstyle, i guess
-Rayman: as guest star by ubisoft, I'd prefer Prince of Persia by far, but I think it's impossible to happen, and we have yet so many sworders...
-4th Mii Fighter Archetype: in my mind, the Sorcerer/Wizard. I would have choosen it for my second choice if Mewtwo wasn't confirmed as dlc yet

other significant choices would be:
-Ice Climbers (I don't like them, but the game seems a little uncomplete without theme)
-Solid Snake (original playstyle and an honour for the series)
-Wolf (the only foxish character i'd like to play)
-Krystal (....no, SHE is the only foxish character i'd like to play! even if i'd hope she was less clone than wolf)
-Impa

characters i'd like but i guess it's better to keep for Smash 5:
-Paper Mario
-Bayonetta
-Inkling
-K Rool / Cranky Kong
-Mach Rider

aaaand, Tiki from Fire Emblem

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Voted for Inklings, Tetra, Medusa, Bayonetta, Mach Rider, and Other, for Daisy, Sami and Ashley Mizuki Robins.
It's more wishes than logical thinking, though.

Inklings: They actually are likely IMO, as advertising for Splatoon. Their weapons can transform them into a more family friendly Snake.
Tetra: I think that if a new Zelda character should join, it should be a Toon Character.
Medusa: I still consider her one of the most original character possible.
Bayonetta: Only if 3rd party characters can happen.
Mach Rider: I admit, simply because I like him.
Daisy: The missing princess.
Sami: Advance Wars needs representation, Nintendo Wars is not Famicom Wars only.
Ashley Mizuki Robins: My personal odd choice, I consider that Smash should also represent the various video games genre Nintendo can do.

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping for Issac so Golden Sun is finally repped, and the villains trio of Wolf, K Rool and Hades.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I voted for King K. Rool as my top choice.

reason: a character I'd love to see in smash for the first time.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
-Bandana Dee

Kirby needs a 4th Rep, and Bandana Dee is the perfect fit for DLC.

-Wonder Red

Wonderful 101 is a perfect game and his style of character would fit perfectly into Smash Bros.

-Andy

I love Advanced wars, but I'm interested on what his style of play would be.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Lucas, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa, Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids, Lip

I've always been a fan of the Donkey Kong series. After Tropical Freeze, I gained a new respect for Dixie because of her hair abilities. And King K. Rool has always stood out as a classic Nintendo villain.

Aside from Tingle, Impa is one of the classic Zelda characters. Now that she's seen some action, I think it's time she became playable. Hyrule Warriors design please

Medusa is another villain I like. She's also an integral part of Kid Icarus.

Bandana Dee uses a spear, a weapon nobody in Smash uses. He's also one of the "Fantastic Four" of the Kirby series.

Nobody in Smash uses singing in battle, something that the Chorus Kids could do. Also they're just so darn adorable with their bowties and their faces when they sing...

Lip has always been one of my favorite "forgotten" Nintendo characters. If she were DLC, Panel de Pon could see a revival just like Punch-Out and Kid Icarus.

And Lucas and Ice Climbers were my mains in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

In order from most to least, the following characters I support for DLC:

King K. Rool
Deoxys
Son Goku (Kid) (well, this is a poll for who you want, so...)
Ray MK
Geno
Pichu
Squirtle
Slime
Bayonetta
Krystal
Bomberman
Snake

If even one of these get in as DLC, I will be a very happy camper.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids, King K. Rool, and Ridley.
(Yes I know Ridley chances are very unlikely, so I don't need a bunch of comments telling me that.)

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I forgot to vote for Black Shadow Dx I feel like it's about time to have another F zero rep. plus, batman fans can pretend to be a batman that races and has powers with zero cape and no bats. 9u9 xD Glad to see the characters I want are doing pretty good on the poll. =)

Staarih

Smash Master
I was feeling generous. Here's what I voted:

Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
Snake
Roy
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Isaac
Wonder Red
Inkling
Impa
Tetra
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Bandanna Dee
Chorus Men
Lip
Bayonetta
Other (mainly Ridley (yes, you heard me) and Geno)

All of which would either bring really unique movesets/are worthy/be back for nostalgia purposes, IMO. Granted, all of the characters in the poll could be unique, these were just my faves.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
oh yes, i'd prefer Tetra to Impa, but I think Impa has more possibilities

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, here's my picks:

King K. Rool: Always been my #1 most wanted, and I feel that he's the biggest Nintendo star and iconic character not playable in Smash Bros. K. Rool is the main antagonist of the DK franchise and a hilarious character to boot. I think he's fairly likely as an option, but I'm keeping my expectations low. He'd definitely use moves from a variety of his different boss battles, namely the number of gadgets he uses such as the blunderbuss, his krown, and his helicopter backpack.

Dixie Kong: Another excellent choice, my #3 most wanted character (#4 before Robin was confirmed) and DK is honestly big enough to have two new characters. I'd adore having both Dixie and K. Rool in one DLC pack. I don't expect both by any means, but at least one is likely I think. Dixie is my favorite overall DK character, but K. Rool is my second favorite, and I think he deserves playability in Smash first. However, both are very deserving of it, and Dixie has great potential using her hair for most of her attacks, perhaps even with her guitar and other traits associated with her like her Bubblegum.

Isaac: Golden Sun's representation in this game is... confusing, totally confusing. I have no idea what to make of it, but it doesn't make sense to cut all GS content. Isaac has been what made me think DLC was happening right from the start. Yes, I know that having a trophy doesn't mean anything anymore, so some suspect that GS was just cut for being unimportant to Nintendo, but really... Prince Sable is important to Nintendo and GS isn't? I don't buy that. If anything, I'd say GS may have had content at one point, but when DLC was decided, they chose to cut the GS content so it could be added in a future DLC pack along with Isaac. I don't think its a guarantee, but I blatantly think he's the most likely DLC character. Regardless, he's my overall #2 most wanted.

Lip: Let's get this out of the way. I do not expect Lip in any way, shape, or form, but I REALLY, REALLY want her. I feel that Panel de Pon is too awesome to ignore, and Lip as a playable character would be an excellent way to represent that. I really do like the fairies, and its a travesty they were cut. Lip's Stick and the Garbage Block have both been represented since Melee, and Lip was once considered as a playable rep. I'd adore Lip as a playable character, even though I don't think its going to happen.

I didn't add any cut Veterans because I don't care about them THAT much, although I do think Wolf should come back at least.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
This was a little tough.
If I had to pick character to be added, I'd probably add my personal top pick, then concentrate on what other characters are popular with other people. But since the OP stated I should check MY wanted characters, I only picked the characters I'm really interested in.

Here goes:
-Lucas (favorite Nintendo character from my all-time favorite videogame)
-Ivysaur (was fun to play as in Brawl, and Poison-types are my favorite Pokémon)
-4th Mii type (Miis are incredibly fun! I have so many silly Mii characters, three classes seems restrictive. Also a lot of potential here!)

However, bringing back Lucas without Wolf would be a crime. Still decided only to vote the characters I'd personally want to play as.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I chose Ice Climbers, Wolf, Chorus Kids, and King K. Rool. And Chibi-Robo.

The veterans are obvious. Those playstyles are great, Smash is all the Climbers have, and Wolf was just a cool character in general.

Chorus Kids? Mainly because I feel Gematsu was correct, but outdated. Therefore, I think these guys are good bets. They'd offer a really interesting playstyle as well.

K. Rool? He's basically perfection incarnate. :laugh:

And I just love Chibi. He's quirky and tiny, and can offer a sort of "turret" style, where he plugs into the stage, increasing his power and projectile range, but limiting his movement.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
All I need is Snake and Ice Climbers. Everything after that is just gravy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wolf and Snake are the only ones I'm interested in. The others? Well, maybe Impa, Dixie Kong and...well actually, that's about it.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
EDIT: Whoops, well Kinda wish Captain Syrup was on the list too, Wario Land is criminally under-represented

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ice Climbers: While they seem unlikely, they were one (or two) of my favorite characters to use, and I would like to see them come back. It would be......cool. (Pun intended.) Maybe they will be able to fix them.

Lucas: Mother 3 was a Japan-only game, and I have really only played a small part of the game by using the fan-translation on an emulator, but I like the Mother / EarthBound series, even if I only knew about it from Smash Bros. and played EarthBound on an emulator. Ness is one of my favorites to use, and I think Lucas is a good 2nd rep for the Mother series.
NOTE: I've never played the first Mother.....

Chorus Men (Kids): I only knew about them and Rhythm Heaven from the Gematsu leak, but after seeing how cool they would be, I support their addition. I think they would be a fun character to use in this game, with funny emotions.

Other Characters:

Gengar: While Pokemon already has enough playable representation, I think this character would be interesting. Night Shade could be Gengar's final smash, making the blue hazy background from Pokemon Stadium, and perhaps shooting some of the redish / black lasers from his eyes like in the Pokemon anime. Special moves could be Sucker Punch, Curse, Shadow Ball, and even other ghost-type moves. Maybe even take inspiration from the ghosts in Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower from Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, and inspiration from Gengar's pre-evolutions, Haunter and Gastly. I also thought of the A-moves, or at least the neutral A combo. (Slash, slash, headbutt.)

.....oh, and just 'cause, Shrek :troll:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Voted for Isaac, Chibi Robo, Andy, Ice Climbers, Ray, Inkling, Bayonetta and other (Sami, Mallo, Fiora)

Top Bottom