• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: One More 3rd Party

If you could only have one more 3rd party character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, who would it be?

• Total voters

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Lara Croft

She's by far my most wanted guest now that I got Simon/Richter

Tomb Raider is one of my favourite franchises and would totally love to see my Lara in Smash

She's the most iconic and popular female in videogames and Tomb Raider is one of the best Adventure series, and she has several games in nintendo platforms. She deserves it

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
as much as i want Shantae, Banjo or Rayman. i have to choose Tails. I've almost always been Player 2 when it came to playing locally, and Tails is probably the best "Player 2" character i have had the pleasure of playing as.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Bomberman, assist or not

He is undeniably the most important third party in Nintendo’s history, maybe not overall, but definitely to Nintendo, and is still close to Nintendo to this day.

Second option would be Rayman and third would be Crash Bandicoot

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
He's not on the list, but I'm voting Doom Slayer.

Banjo Kazooie would be my second pick.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was gonna put Rayman, but when I saw Kratos I realized that y'all were including 1st Party Sony characters, so I just HAD to vote other for my main duo Ratchet & Clank!

The only 3D Platformers to thrive in an era where FPS games were taking over, besides Mario of course. They're also Sony's 2nd longest running IP; Gran Turismo is 1st and God of War is 3rd.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Tough call but I'm voting for Phoenix Wright. I know Layton can fence, but seeing Wright in UMvC3 makes me believe he would be an amazing and hilarious character to fight.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I would appreciate if you would please edit the poll to put in Bomberman (and for that matter, others like Zero and Grey Fox), who I would vote for. Just because he’s an Assist Trophy doesn’t mean that his fans goes away. If you are going to include so many of them, he’s a glaring omission no matter his status.
I get what you're saying but the intent of the poll was to see who people want the last 3rd party in the game to be. Somebody who's an assist trophy most likely won't be playable too, and I wanted the data to be an accurate representation of who fans want the last 3rd party to be.

D

Deleted member

I get what you're saying but the intent of the poll was to see who people want the last 3rd party in the game to be. Somebody who's an assist trophy most likely won't be playable too, and I wanted the data to be an accurate representation of who fans want the last 3rd party to be.
Likelihood should not be factoring what characters get put on a popularity poll. Even if Sakurai were to confirm today that Bomberman would never show up as a playable character in any capacity even under another director, I would still believe that he should be the last third-party character if we were to only pick one. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but you put Zoroark under the Final Smash Bros. Ultimate Character poll for Nintendo characters and he's already been disconfirmed as playable.

If you have the power, my suggestion would be to either remove Zoroark or to keep him and add the likes of Bomberman, Waluigi, and Lyn to the polls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is the user Letsgetsmashing's own topic and poll. He has a right as the poll creator to use likelihood as a key factor for hoe he runs his poll.

Please keep in mind if he thinks that this should only be for characters that are deemed as "possible"(under the idea AT's cannot get upgraded, or Pokeballs, etc.), then he has a right to run the poll that way. So yes, it should factor in if that was the purpose behind the topic. There is nothing wrong with that. The Other option exists for those characters who won't be listed on the poll due to not following the rules of how the topic it set up.

letsgetsmashing letsgetsmashing Please do update your first post and perhaps the topic title to note these factors, of how Likelihood was intended to be a key part of the actual poll. Right now it does seem like you're making it up. Your first post and topic title suggests anyone is fully eligible, despite that clearly not being your intention(and one you made an error on explaining. And hey, that happens. We all sometimes put out our views and forget to say things).

Top Bottom