• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

MrEh - Meta Knight || May have voted in another board.
GodAtHand - Meta Knight

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This post is just to subscribe this thread.
I'm interested in other Zelda's opinion, and I already voted in MK's thread :awesome:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I was waiting for like... an actual poll.

MK most definitely. It's not a good matchup and it the most common character you will find in bulk.

Basically what MrEh said but in my own words lol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers

If you play a competent metaknight with Zelda, just expect to lose.
MKs one of those match ups that you're gonna lose no matter how well you know the match up.

At least Zelda can hold her own against most ICs that can't get past the f smash and she actually stands a chance against them.
Pretty much every high tier/common character can use their common play style or revert to camping if they are having trouple fighting Zelda for an easy win.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ice Climbers

If you play a competent metaknight with Zelda, just expect to lost.
MKs one of those match ups that you're gonna lose no matter how well you know the match up.

At least Zelda can hold her own against most ICs that can't get past the f smash and she actually stands a chance against them.
This is exactly what I was thinking actually.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Since Zelda should really only be brought out for low tiers I would say Lucas....maybe Yoshi.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm kinda torn.

Snake, Wario, MK and peach are all matchups which are bad for her, but winable at least.

It's better not to waste your time learning how to fight Olimar or G&W with her because it's simply not worth it.

That having been said. If you play Zelda/Sheik, you DEFINITELY need to learn how to win against pika and ICs with Zelda since sheik needs her help there.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
And they are winnable in general. Going against a high tier is not the end of a tournament for a Zelda main as myself and others have proven time and again.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea Fuujin Riot beats high tiers all the time ...betcha dont have a internet meme for that one huh?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Fuujin can you be just a little bit more constuctive plz :awesome:

I think MK as he's the one to beat. He's everywhere. I don't think ICs stop her from progressing in the bracket whereas meeting an MK is almost a surefire loss and we should be always looking for ways/openings/mistakes to score power hits and kill the ***** early.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Have you played a good Snake.
It's a nightmare.
You can't apporach.
If he space correctly and pressure with nades, he's literally untouchable.

As for MK, it is a pointless retardedly bad MU.
I've lost with Zelda against a mindless spam MK, while triying space and time correctly (he just used Dsmash to trade hits, WTF).

They just sucks....

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
they are also way too hard to win IMO.

Might as well stick to harder, yet winnable matchups.
if you manage to survive the Oli or G&W, hell anything, your looking at a possible MK counterpick.
I understand GnW and Olimar are extremely hard but what honestly makes Snake and MK any easier???
She has slightly more options against them but no good enough to make them any better.
considering you go against MKs trancendant priority w/ your own, or Snakes big hitboxs and nades. neither of them are on paper easier to deal w/.
Have you played a good Snake.
It's a nightmare.

You can't apporach.If he space correctly and pressure with nades, he's literally untouchable.....
Zelda can't approach anybody not even herself, which adds to her suckiness, but for me its bring on the Snakes.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Most important matchup to learn is MK.

I don't know what Zelda's hardest matchup actually is but for me it's probably Snake. I don't think I've won a single Snake vs. Zelda matchup against equally skilled opponents.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this is coming from a sheik main who uses sheik to fight most matchups but not all:

PIKACHU
IC'S

:) this is because zelda does better against them than sheik does. (not that they are good matchups for zelda... hahah... but thats okay. gotta stick with my triforce of wisdom)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
MK

If I'm fighting MK, starting as Sheik, and I cannot GR->Usmash that day, I rely on Zelda to clean up for me.
If I'm going solo Zelda, I'd still say MK. Just as everyone has said, you'll see that guy the most and you need to be ready to deal with him. "Everyone and their pocket MKs....*grumble*."

This thread makes me think; I think we had one before but we probably need to discuss our stages. By stages, I mean our general CP's and not just our bread and butter stages.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Meh, every matchup is important to learn/know, no matter how often you fight the character or not. However if you're going by general tournament matchups, then probably the most common one will stand out. That is, Meta Knight of course.

Still, learn as many matchups as you can. You can say you know the Meta Knight and Snake matchup well (matchup disadvantages aside) then still get ***** by a random Ike because you just don't have enough matchup experience fighting him. Don't be ignorant and disregard the matchup of every character that isn't Snake or Meta Knight.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Meh, every matchup is important to learn/know, no matter how often you fight the character or not. However if you're going by general tournament matchups, then probably the most common one will stand out. That is, Meta Knight of course.

Still, learn as many matchups as you can. You can say you know the Meta Knight and Snake matchup well (matchup disadvantages aside) then still get ***** by a random Ike because you just don't have enough matchup experience fighting him. Don't be ignorant and disregard the matchup of every character that isn't Snake or Meta Knight.
actually.

Ike isn't an easy matchup for Zelda.... this isn't an important matchup at all though because you won't see it often and, when you do, it's a solid advantaged matchup for sheik, if you know how to use him/her/it/potato.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah I know Ike isn't an easy matchup for her. I was using him as an example of a matchup we may not be familiar with as much as we would be with a higher tier character.

Also, my vote's on Meta Knight, but I stand by what I said about knowing as many matchups as you can.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah I know Ike isn't an easy matchup for her. I was using him as an example of a matchup we may not be familiar with as much as we would be with a higher tier character.

Also, my vote's on Meta Knight, but I stand by what I said about knowing as many matchups as you can.
heh. If it makes you feel better, you can think of it this way:
even her least important-to-know matchup is important to know. But some matchups are just MORE important to know.

I think the 4 most important matchups to know for a Zelda only main are:
Meta Knight/Snake/Wario - Tremendously prevalent characters and bad matchups for zelda overall, but also winnable ones.
Peach - Not near as common as MK,snake or Wario, but an awful matchup for Zelda, and a matchup in which a lot of knowledge can DRASTICALLY improve your chances.

If you main Sheik, it's REALLY easy to pick the most important matchups to know for Zelda:
Pikachu and Ice Climbers - These matchups are some of Zelda's easier matchups, but they are really really bad for Sheik, so being able to rely on Zelda to take these matchups is key.

(from my experience, kirby kinda falls in this area a little too)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
My vote is on MK and snake for sure! they can kill zelda so easily and make it really hard for her to play safe! :D

Top Bottom