• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

GeneralWoodman - Game and Watch
ItoI6 - Meta Knight
Noobicidal - Ganondorf
Metatitan - Ike
EraOfGames - Meta Knight
Jigglymaster - Game & Watch

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is the most important to learn because you play against him the most obviously...Are you hoping that every board will say MK so you can have more evidence for pro-ban because of the overcentralization on him? Because you know its totally not gonna work.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
are you kidding me?

almost every board has majority metaknight.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Every single character I have checked has MK as the majority. And I've checked probably around half of them. Shall I start a current list?

EDIT: List, while actually going in and reading the posts, as of 8:07 PM CST

Bowser
C. Falcon
Diddy
G&W
Ice Climbers
Ike
Kirby
Link
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Olimar
Peach
Pit
PT (due to second vote having multiple characters)
Samus
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
ZSS

If that trend holds out, you're going to have fun trying to keep an anti-ban spin on this. Regardless, you can't keep saying "Falco/Snake/Diddy is more common than MK", that simply isn't true right now. In order to keep this poll bias free, you're going to need to go back and retract those statements.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
More like "Almost every one that isn't Falco/Marth/Diddy is strongly leaning towards MK, or at least has a MK majority".

And still, it's false info what you've posted...which is why you don't post current results unless it's all in one topic. Too hard to keep up with otherwise. :D

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
it was a good idea Susa, but you can't get around it.

at least 90% of everyone's most important matchup to learn is in fact Metaknight.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
MK's just too common and important...

Nice idea though

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Ganondorf is the most important match up to learn. I demand my vote to be counted.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Whoever is the most popular character in low tier events obviously. So probably ike.
^^^^^^^^^
This, assuming it's Ike. I doubt Jpuff is viable outside of low tiers..

Otherwise, if it's standard metagame going solo Jiggs (LOL), then Metaknight. He's the most commonly played character.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Obviously G&W. Anybody that loses to Jigglypuff match 1 or at the beginning the match (including myself) will go G&W just because they know the matchup is heavily on G&W's favor and they can get a free win. I of course don't worry about this because Jigglypuff isn't my only character, but for those who Jigglypuff is well then your going to need to know this matchup, and it is winninable for Jigglypuff.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ike is mid tier now :/

I'd say Diddy because it's the only top matchup a competitive Jiggs doesn't need a secondary against.

But my vote doesn't count :/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can anyone tell me where this ridiculous Jiggz beats Diddy thing comes from. Diddy is like impossible to beat.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
^ I think it was because Jiggs can SDI some of Diddy's attacks and Rest out of his moves. That and because puff almost never touches the ground so it kinda ruins his stage control with the bananas.
Overhype I guess?

T-block

B2B TST
Jiggs has a really easy time gimping Diddy if she can get him off-stage. Bananas don't affect her anywhere near as much as they affect other characters. If you're playing really patiently it can be hard for Diddy to land a kill move too (although f-air and u-air tend to do fine thanks to her weight, so it's not a huge deal), the banana to smash kill setup doesn't really work on Jiggs.

Jiggs doesn't beat Diddy, but it's her best top tier matchup by far.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jiggs has a really easy time gimping Diddy if she can get him off-stage. Bananas don't affect her anywhere near as much as they affect other characters. If you're playing really patiently it can be hard for Diddy to land a kill move too (although f-air and u-air tend to do fine thanks to her weight, so it's not a huge deal), the banana to smash kill setup doesn't really work on Jiggs.

Jiggs doesn't beat Diddy, but it's her best top tier matchup by far.
Pretty much this, also Pound ***** the **** out of Diddy (especially those who autopilot). And well that matchup is even easier for me because I main Diddy so I know how to use his own bananas against him well. Honestly I'd rather be Jigglypuff against Diddy than the vice versa.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well but do you guys know that there are characters like MK who perform much better in the air, but still don't really **** Diddy. And Diddy really is vulnerable during his recovery.
Oh and I don't see Pounds usefulness, it's just gonna get you nannercombo'd.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well but do you guys know that there are characters like MK who perform much better in the air, but still don't really **** Diddy. And Diddy really is vulnerable during his recovery.
It's not about ****** Diddy, but more about not getting ***** by Diddy.
Which Jiggs totally does.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jiggs is better in these types of situations due to her superb aerial mobility which metaknight does not have. Trust me Metaknight will get banana comboed alot more than Jigglypuff ever will. You do rising pound slightly above the ground. Nanner combos aren't going to work on you since you need to be on the ground to trip.

GiantJigglypuff3

Smash Rookie
i think the most important match ups jigs should know about are falco and marth for high tier and link for low tier

falco's laser camping game is annoying. it blocks all of the horizontal movement and if one tries to attack from hight above, they will face falcos up smash or something else
i tend to just crouch and wait for them to come to me, but it never ends well

marth has just enough range to get the best out of jiggly... plus his speed is amazing
i tend to spam pound with him

link has plenty of projectiles that prevent jigs from approaching. zair, bombs, and tornado/boomerang thingy
i tend to airdodge a lot with him or attack from really high up

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Meta Knight obv, of all characters in the game, you have the greatest chance of playing against him (about 50% of smashers use him).

Top Bottom