• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Tournament: Wii U Version Set For Release

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I'm getting a bit disappointed in the character selection. Somehow when it would be me, selecting the characters for this game, there wouldn't ba any pikachu at all... I know Pikachu sells the game more for the fans, but come on, does he really have to be in all the pokemon games? I know Nintendogames are about originality n stuff and they do very well, but why pikachu and pikachu libre? Hawlucha would had been so much better choice! I know Pokkén started with Blaziken and Lucario in the very very beginning, and later they officially showed machamp, guardevoir, suicune gengar etc. But from that moment i was hoping it would stay like that, with the not-first-choice-pokémon. Weavile, machamp, ... they're not the most popular ones and i think it's good they get some spotlight too. But nooooo, they had to add charizard, gengar, pikachu, suicune, guardevoir... I think that ruins the whole 'fighting'-style.

I would had loved to see more fighting types as that would suit the game probably better. The assistpokemon are cewl and they are indeed suitable for what they do, but come on, gengar as a fighting? A machamp wouldn't be able to even hit him.

Ferntendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ferntendo128
3DS FC
2724-0900-1828
The wii u desperately needs more fighting games so thank god for this.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Guys, don't **** on Gen 5. Sure, some of their pokemon designs are considered flat out bad by most, but most gens do have that problem.
To be honest, I think most of the design problems with Gen 5 were related to the fact that the in-game sprites were terrible.
Of course all gens have their good and bad designs, but no pokémon had good sprites in Gen 5 and since most people saw the pokémons in-game first... Bad first impressions kicked in.

Speaking of bad first impressions... Lol Pikachu Libre. Still can't get over the fact that they pretty much dumped Hawlucha like that.

Last edited:

Esidisi☆

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I think most of the design problems with Gen 5 were related to the fact that the in-game sprites were terrible.
Of course all gens have their good and bad designs, but no pokémon had good sprites in Gen 5 and since most people saw the pokémons in-game first... Bad first impressions kicked in.
I'll be honest and give you that, What I have to say about gen 5 is that the music is so eargasmic.

Top Bottom