• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Tournament: Wii U Version Set For Release

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Whoa. Funny thing is, I heard there was a history of big Pokémon announcements at worlds, but I never thought this would be it! Cue massive amounts of speculation all over again.

Where's Absol?

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
I really want to see Arcanine in this game, I would main him in a heart beat. Nidoking would also be really badass

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
Oh man, it's about time. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm probably gonna main Charizard, Gardevoir and Blaziken.

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
hitting the lab with Pika Libre immediately upon release (and unlocking).

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
inb4 some sort of character ballot happens for this game

"I want Arceus because I want to play as God"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You posted King
Not in the post you quoted, though. And that's Armour King, King is just a faker! :V

But yeah, as I noted earlier, regular Pikachu takes cues from the Mishimas, Pikachu Libre takes cues from the Kings and Jaycee, probably Marduk too.

D

Deleted member

Don't see why there can't be more than one wrestler Pokémon.
Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Hawlucha was added as a fighter, but his chances just dropped in my opinion. All of the Pokemon so far have been pretty unique in their fighting styles, whereas Pika Libre and Hawlucha would mostly share quite a few similarities. But yes, I agree that it's possible.

I totally would. I don't want any Gen 6 Pokemon near this game.
And why is that? Are you one of those people who thinks that the most recent generation of Pokemon is always the worst generation?

Besides, you're too late already since we have Pikachu Libre and Mega Evolutions in this game. Both of those were introduced in Gen 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I wonder if there going to have there own fourms where its similar to smashboards like have a main

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Not in the post you quoted, though. And that's Armour King, King is just a faker! :V

But yeah, as I noted earlier, regular Pikachu takes cues from the Mishimas, Pikachu Libre takes cues from the Kings and Jaycee, probably Marduk too.
I took out the pic because it wouldn't been redundant.

And that looks like King to me.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Hawlucha was added as a fighter, but his chances just dropped in my opinion. All of the Pokemon so far have been pretty unique in their fighting styles, whereas Pika Libre and Hawlucha would mostly share quite a few similarities. But yes, I agree that it's possible.

And why is that? Are you one of those people who thinks that the most recent generation of Pokemon is always the worst generation?

Besides, you're too late already since we have Pikachu Libre and Mega Evolutions in this game. Both of those were introduced in Gen 6.
Actually gen 5 is the worst. Six isn't too far behind though.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I hope for a joke character like psyduck or magicarp or bidoof or dunaparce

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Nintendo would have had a much better E3 if they showed this off.
Even the mystery Dungeon is BETTER for E3...

Thinking about Both Pikachu, Normal and Libre (Is a she for the heart-shaped tail), both of them are practically refering Tekken Characters.

So Hawlucha can be its own Character like everyone else, even Pikachu Libre has poses of King and being female like the wrestler girl in tekken that I forgot her name.(to lazy to google it.)

Anyway I was not expecting this annoucement very very soon. Is the game even Out?!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Even the mystery Dungeon is BETTER for E3...

Thinking about Both Pikachu, Normal and Libre (Is a she for the heart-shaped tail), both of them are practically refering Tekken Characters.

So Hawlucha can be its own Character like everyone else, even Pikachu Libre has poses of King and being female like the wrestler girl in tekken that I forgot her name.(to lazy to google it.)

Anyway I was not expecting this annoucement very very soon. Is the game even Out?!
came out in arcades last month

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Every time I think "You know, I haven't heard from Pokken in a while, I wonder how that's doing" something like this happens.

I need to wonder about it more often.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was/is going to be an invitational? Huh. Color me surprised.
Still though, glad it's coming to Wii U at last. That was long overdue.

Now, if it ever becomes competitive (it's a fighting game so of course), that'll be interesting.

Also why does no one ever mention that Bandai Namco also developed the 3DS version of Smash smh
They do, people just like to talk about the Wii U version more.

D

Deleted member

Didn't expect it at first. Good to know it's been confirmed.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu Libre? Obious Lucha Libre pun.
Great, we needed some Mexican Wrestling Pokemon

Last edited:

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Since it's gonna be a while for it to release, I'm sure they're going to use that extra time to give us at least a few other new characters. I mean, seriously, I don't think they'd be able to justify selling this game for full price with such a small roster.

Also, Lucha Pikachu instead of like literally anything else? WHY?

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
>Implying we are necessarily getting Pikachu Libre over Hawlucha.

Don't see why there can't be more than one wrestler Pokémon.
Yeah, that's why we're getting Machamp too. Kappa

On a more serious note, Isn't the roster a bit too small? I don't think we've even reached the 15 character mark. (And there's a clone already. Sakurai!!!)

Looks like we're going to get massive amounts of DLC... Not that this is a great thing.

Esidisi☆

Smash Rookie
Guys, don't **** on Gen 5. Sure, some of their pokemon designs are considered flat out bad by most, but most gens do have that problem.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Guys, don't **** on Gen 5. Sure, some of their pokemon designs are considered flat out bad by most, but most gens do have that problem.
Genwunners man LMAO
Krookodile, Braviary, Galvantula, Golurk, Gigalith, Excadrill, Darmanitan and Hydreigon among others were all pretty cool I think.

Top Bottom