• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Pokken suggestion :cooldown or spam disadvantage

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
So i had in idea that sounds dumb bit could work.

We know all that some characters have Very strong and people online use this to spamm and win.
But i had two ideas.

Cooldown
Some attacks like pickachus thunderbold or mewtos ikillyouinsecondslaserofdoom laser should get a 3 or 4 seconds cooldown since it would make matches longer .

My second idea is the spam disadvantage
If a spammer spams a move the whole time then a special debuff appears that slows down the attack speed.
All characters can get the debuff.

So state your opinion to this. You can also state ideas to inprove the ideas.
Your foussi

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
So i had in idea that sounds dumb bit could work.

We know all that some characters have Very strong and people online use this to spamm and win.
But i had two ideas.

Cooldown
Some attacks like pickachus thunderbold or mewtos ikillyouinsecondslaserofdoom laser should get a 3 or 4 seconds cooldown since it would make matches longer .

My second idea is the spam disadvantage
If a spammer spams a move the whole time then a special debuff appears that slows down the attack speed.
All characters can get the debuff.

So state your opinion to this. You can also state ideas to inprove the ideas.
Your foussi
Lasers are super easy to see if they CA pierce and if they're fast then they are CAable.

Last edited:

Deaga

Smash Cadet
Use Counter Attack Dash Cancel to get around projectiles.

I don't even know why people complain about Hyper Beam. Sure, it actually counter pierces (ie block it rather than countering), but it has HUGE startup AND endlag. The only way you'll ever land that is on some hard reads. Chandelure's laser actually won't pierce counters AND deals no damage do shields, so you can actually chose between CADC'ing it or taking two steps, block, repeat.

If someone is beating you spamming a single move, you probably should try to adapt better to it. Sure, it's super annoying to go up against a good Gardevoir or Chandelure because they'll zone the hell out of you, but that's the whole point of those characters. They ARE zoners. >_> But as soon as you get in, they're in for a world of hurt.

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
Use Counter Attack Dash Cancel to get around projectiles.

I don't even know why people complain about Hyper Beam. Sure, it actually counter pierces (ie block it rather than countering), but it has HUGE startup AND endlag. The only way you'll ever land that is on some hard reads. Chandelure's laser actually won't pierce counters AND deals no damage do shields, so you can actually chose between CADC'ing it or taking two steps, block, repeat.

If someone is beating you spamming a single move, you probably should try to adapt better to it. Sure, it's super annoying to go up against a good Gardevoir or Chandelure because they'll zone the hell out of you, but that's the whole point of those characters. They ARE zoners. >_> But as soon as you get in, they're in for a world of hurt.
Actually only mewto makes me angry.
Guardevoir and chandelure must zone because their meele isnt so good.

Deaga

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo can't zone at all. His only projectiles are Hyper Beam and Psycho Cut. Psycho Cut is super unsafe on block (block both hits, punish however you want afterwards) and Hyper Beam is SUPER slow. Just shield it and punish.

Spirst

Psycho Cut doesn't have to be two hits. You can cancel the dash-in and if they're blocking, grab them. If they try to attack when they see you're not going for hit 2, Barrier resists hitstun and can be followed up into 3 different things. He's not primarily a zoner but between his homing down Y, hyper beam (which can be directed left or right in field phase to read side steps), and Psycho Cut mixups, he has some zoning capabilities.

Hyper Beam getting 3-4 seconds of cooldown would completely kill the move. At best, it could maybe receive a slight damage tweak but even then, I don't think it's a huge deal. It is Hyper Beam after all.

Last edited:

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
I main braixen, for some reason i am too dumb to jump over the beam, even if i use the broom attack.

Top Bottom