• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Pokken at Rewired 2016, in Tucson AZ, November 19-20!

Ouroboro_san

Smash Rookie
Eh, why not post it here? Stolen from Quiet Repentance:

Come compete in Pokken at Arizona's biggest FGC tournament!

Nov 19 - 20 at the DoubleTree Reid Park Hotel in Tucson, AZ.

Rewired is a major down here in Arizona that strives to be one of the biggest tournaments in the southwest. In 2015, Rewired had 300+ attendees, and this year is shaping up to be even bigger.

While a couple of you know about this already, I'm pleased to (finally) formally announce (at least, on the subreddit) that Pokken will be at Rewired, and it'll be ran by none other than yours truly! We might be inbetween competitive seasons, but that doesn't mean the tournaments have to stop. Come have your fraudulent day 1 Darkrai exposed in tournament...I'm sure we'll have him by then, right?

We've already confirmed Allister will be there, and there's many more pro players planning on attending!

100% of the entry fee for Pokken will go towards the pot ($10 per person), which will also have a bonus of $150 and an additional $100 for every 15 entrants (max $500). Split is 70/20/10, with more prizes to be announced soon!

Other games on the Rewired roster include;

• Street Fighter V
  • Super Smash Brothers: Melee (Teams/Singles)
  • Super Smash Brothers 4 (Teams/Singles)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator
  • Project M (Teams/Singles)
  • Killer Instinct
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Mortal Kombat X
When you register, you get access to what is probably my favorite feature; the badge designer! With your custom images and the website's designer tool, put together your own personalized tournament pass to wear for the weekend, that's yours to keep forever. Want to let everybody know that you're an obsessive fan of Gardevoir? Well, you might not be able to bring the shrine in your closet with you, but now you can plaster her all over your badge.

Here's a couple of examples!

Registration is $20 for the entire weekend with access to BYOC/casuals and the vendor area, and $10 per game that you wish to enter.

Like last year, Rewired will be held at the DoubleTree Reid Park hotel in Tucson, Arizona, only 15 minutes away from Tucson International Airport, with 2-bed rooms at just $95/night that come with a free breakfast buffet and complimentary shuttles to attractions within a 3-mile radius of the hotel.

More information/details, as well as tournament registration and links to book your room, can be found here;https://www.rewiredaz.com/

Rewired 2016's Facebook event page; https://www.facebook.com/events/1244810568865004/

Any questions/comments/concerns, tweet @quietrepentance and I'll do my best to get back to you. I'll edit this thread with more information as I remember to add it (I probably forgot at least a few things.)

Hope to see everybody there!

EDIT: Thanks for the sticky!

Last edited:
Top Bottom