• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poker Night Spiritual Sequel

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone know anything about Poker Tournaments? I've been trying to work on designing a Poker Night 2 followup game. The way I wanted to do it was have it be a full fledged tournament, with multiple tables full of different characters that you progress through in a campaign mode (of course with the ability to mix and match characters in a free-play mode). But I can't find any standard on how many players a poker tournament typically has. Does anyone here know anything that can help me out?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Awesome! Those were great games.

There are some small hints that Gearbox is teasing a new Poker Night game to be announced at PAX, but take that with a slight grain of salt. I'm very hopeful, however.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Awesome! Those were great games.

There are some small hints that Gearbox is teasing a new Poker Night game to be announced at PAX, but take that with a slight grain of salt. I'm very hopeful, however.
Don’t know why Gearbox would be doing it considering Telltale made the last two, but I guess it makes a degree of sense. I mean, Telltale has gone under so someone else has to do it. But Gearbox? Are they really qualified?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I could see them potentially pulling it off, but it really depends.

Hopefully the hints are for an actual Poker Night game and not some kind of Borderlands Poker Night.

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Never mind, it's for a regular Borderlands game. :(

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I could see them potentially pulling it off, but it really depends.

Hopefully the hints are for an actual Poker Night game and not some kind of Borderlands Poker Night.

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Never mind, it's for a regular Borderlands game. :(
Oh well, maybe someday.

Here, this is the table I ended up settling on. I went with 5 because I learned that Texas Hold em Poker typically has 6, so 5 plus The Player.
  1. Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
  2. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  3. Bruce Wayne (DC Comics)
  4. James Bond
  5. Circus Baby (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
Colonel Reginald still hosts, GLaDOS still deals, and Moxxi still bartends. Sam and Max would also make an obligatory cameo despite not featuring at the table.

As for bounty challenges: Rick bets Morty, James Bond bets his famous Aston Martin, and Baby bets the infamous FNaF Box. Still not sure what Dante and Bruce’s items would be.

As for interactions. Rick is constantly trying to prove Bruce is Batman and nobody believes him and hates Baby because she’s creepy and she tries to kill Morty, Bruce (as the worlds greatest detective) is a hardcore theorist trying to get to the bottom of the Freddy Fazbear mystery and has a kind of gentlemanly rivalry with Bond (the two comparing feats and constantly trying to one up each other). Dante just needs to sit there and be Dante and say Dante things.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh hey! I'm in one of those games!

Telltale made them I think, and they shut down. Would be a bit weird for a new dev studio to take it over, I wonder who owns the rights to that title?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh hey! I'm in one of those games!

Telltale made them I think, and they shut down. Would be a bit weird for a new dev studio to take it over, I wonder who owns the rights to that title?
We probably won’t know until we find out how Telltale’s assets were divided and sold. They’re still doing that.

Top Bottom