• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Togepi confirmed to be pure Fairy type...

Looks like Togekiss will end up being the Dragon slayer everyone's been looking for. Hard counters both of Garchomp's STAB with Fairy/Flying typing.

CALLED THAT ****.

Sorry, just had to gloat momentarily. All dem naysayers believing GF would be unwilling to outright change typings and ****.

Anyway, this is pretty awesome news and I'm definitely happy to hear it. As an aside, have they confirmed any type changes to old moves? I'm curious if any old Normal-types like Togepi and Clefairy (there's no way Clefairy isn't pure Fairy) will be getting Pixilate added to their abilities. I know they both already have three abilities on them, but I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for them to remove Cute Charm from Clefairy and Hustle from Togepi to add the new ability in.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
"Even if it is a little gay."

Uh...well that sort of took an unfortunate turn

I'll say again, good Psychic types are still good. You didn't really explain why Garchomp and Salamence or even Flygon are really going to give a **** about Fairy due to their diverse move pools. And Zard X will just murder then all, and like Reshiram and Dialga, isn't weak to Fairy anyway.
Garchomp and Salamence have amazing stat distributions coupled with movepools, their Dragon typing can also be their achilles heel as much as it helps, but you're taking out of context the fact that they're just flat out powerhouses. There's a good chance a Pokémon will be pretty powerful with 600BST and a great movepool. Also you're not seriously thinking Zard X will be OU right? You do realise Ubers aren't relevant because they are in a tier above standard battling right?

In Ubers, Fairies are gonna get hardcore checked by Ho-oh. So honestly I don't think GF really "****ed up" anything.
.__.

Leave it to fans to act like not only do they understand something more than it's creators, but that they are entitled to choose its direction, and when it doesn't go their way, it's awful. (Note that this isn't in reference to EVERYTHING) you said, but more s blanket statement on complaints about this from the competitive fandom.
Usually I'd agree with this, but GF has **** the bed a couple times with some of their design choices. They try to fix things by constantly stacking and adding wildcards rather than streamlining. Some things they did were great, some were not. For example the Phusical/Special split was amazing, Stealth Rock was not. I don't think it's unfair to criticise them for makking drastic changes that seem to favour only the new type introduced. Fairy is definitely the new power type, there is no doubt about it, 3 generations later we'll see them get nerfed in favour of Obsidian types or some absurd **** they come up with.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Togepi confirmed for pure fairy type

Only available post game

I kind of want to use Snubbull as my in game fairy, thought I wonder if there are any good physical fairy moves

Edit: Dang, I was slow on that

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
MegAmpharos stats:

HPs 92
Atk 103
Def 113
SpA 170
SpD 103
Spe 48

Huge SpAtk is huge, but I don't think it really fits Ampharos's role as an Electric tank. I'd much prefer lower SpAtk in exchange for 100/120/120 defenses or something.

In other news, Abomasnow has base 30 speed. So... great if you want to get your weather down, but less great if you want to live.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This is a lot like the way GF supernerfed Psychic types in Gen II onwards. Just like the Psychic type, Dragon in and of itself wasn't offensively ridiculous, in fact the only SE damage it did was to other Dragons. Yes, only Steel resisted it, but overall the fact that it was basically all round neutral was what made it unique and rather balanced. Defensively Dragon was a fantastic type, save for an achilles heel in Ice, which was usually compounded by the strongest Dragons usually have a dual weakness to it. Generally dual typing Dragon gives it more weaknesses, the only exception being with Water. Overall Dragon was a superior type, yes, and that was the whole point of them. They were supposed to be a rare and powerful type, since Dragons in general are a very important mythical entity in Asia, that's sort of the idea.

Then Fairies come along, with complete immunity to Dragon type attacks and SE damage, not to mention the only weankesses they have are to the two offensive types nobody ****ing uses, Poison and Steel. On top of that, GF decides because Steel hits Fairy now, they should remove its resistances to Ghost and Dark, essentially screwing over the Steel/Psychics, and just weakening the overall effectiveness of Steels in general.

Yeah it resists Fairy now blah blah.

Overall GF is screwing everything up yet again by constantly trying to add too much new **** instead of focusin on fixing the myriad of broken mechanics it kept on introducing. Maybe they should think of that first.

I'm not really annoyed with the addition of a type (even it is a little gay), it's just kinda =/ inducing when they keep turning everything upside down each generation. It's a shame, they were on a roll with Gen 4 pre Platinum.
Honestly I thought Dragons were becoming a problem because they weren't as rare. Back in Gen 3 it was like DNite, Mence, Flygon, Altaria, and the Latis and that was already 5 more dragons than the previous two generations. Since then add in Garchomp, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Druddigon, and Kyurem and it was kinda getting to the point of stupid. Not only that, a majority of them were legendaries or hit that "pseudo-legendary" status, so they had ridiculous BSTs and everything in their movepool to help eliminate the one type that resisted their primary stab. After that it was just free Outrage spam from a group of Pokemon generally sporting 130 attack or higher to the point where people in the past couple of gens were just stacking Dragons and calling it a team. Being a good defensive type with only one type that could stop its attacks, then given every gogdamn tool to help remove those types anyway made Dragons ridiculous and I really feared for Game Freak adding even more on top of that.

So while Fairies are a little weird (broken might not be a bad term), I don't see them as bad. I may disagree with the types that are effective against them but I certainly do love that they're immune to Dragons, simply to punish mindless Outrage and Meteor spam at the highest level of play. I still have yet to see a fairy 'mon show up that I really think'll be useful. Right now, the list is basically Sylveon, Gardevoir, Azumarill, and possibly Mawile and then a whole lot of nothing, really, and all of them seem likely to be 2shot by a Garchomp or Dnite's EQ anyway.

I do think Ghosts are going to be retardedly strong this gen and that we'll see more Darks/Normals in OU to deal with them. Gengar already reads like a nightmare to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm pretty sure what made dragons so dominant had just as much to do with having insane base stats as it did with typing.
This is also true. I think that gets lost in the trade here. If we had more Dragons like Altaria or Flygon, they'd be a balanced type. It's that they had massive stats on top of everything in their movepool to be successful (because they were usually the lategame monsters you got in the playthrough) that made them so ridiculous.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Usually I'd agree with this, but GF has **** the bed a couple times with some of their design choices. They try to fix things by constantly stacking and adding wildcards rather than streamlining. Some things they did were great, some were not. For example the Phusical/Special split was amazing, Stealth Rock was not. I don't think it's unfair to criticise them for makking drastic changes that seem to favour only the new type introduced. Fairy is definitely the new power type, there is no doubt about it, 3 generations later we'll see them get nerfed in favour of Obsidian types or some absurd **** they come up with.
I have yet to see a damn thing capable of abusing its type yet. In 3 generations, sure, we'll talk about it then, but right now this is 100% looking like a defensive type and there have been no defensive behemoths capable of abusing that. Its best Pokemon is an Eeveelution. Think about that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Garchomp and Salamence have amazing stat distributions coupled with movepools, their Dragon typing can also be their achilles heel as much as it helps, but you're taking out of context the fact that they're just flat out powerhouses. There's a good chance a Pokémon will be pretty powerful with 600BST and a great movepool. Also you're not seriously thinking Zard X will be OU right? You do realise Ubers aren't relevant because they are in a tier above standard battling right?

Yeah I really don't see Fairy being any kind of threat to Chomp, but I brought them up because they're two of the most prevalent of their kind. Fairy at least provides a potential roadblock to Chomp, where before there was literally none.

Of course I don't think Zard X is gonna be OU, haha. It has such unbelievable stats it's not even funny, and amazing typing. It does suck that it's gonna fear Groudon EQs though. I'm one of those people that follows Ubers meta game because I find it fun though. I sometimes forget its not popular. Still, the only Fairy threats in Ubers are Fairy-Arceus and Xerneas, who's tanky. In general though, I can see Most dragons carrying a Steel move for fairies now.

The thing is, despite their amazing typing, most of the fairies are generally meh. Giving them Fairy typing isn't going to make Mr. Mime and Granbull good. Or even Azumarill. Honestly the Kalos fairies stats aren't amazing, and are mostly defensive. I can only see Gardevoir, and Togekiss, and potentially Sylveon wrecking face, but we dunno how Sylveon's EEVEE stats are distributed yet.

Honestly, I'm glad GF gave my favorite type (Poison) something. Pokes like Weezing may find a niche for themselves again, and Tentacruel is going to be a top threat to Fairies.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I actually do think Zard'll be at least BL unless they severely changed weather (lasting 5 turns would count). There's no way there'd be a Droughtmon in UU and that's probably the only reason why Charizard would be in BL anyway, even if he is much more gimmicky than Ninetales.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh boy.
That's an interesting move. I wonder if there are more new "target is now ___ type" moves like that.

Turning things into a grass type and then lighting them on fire sounds fun.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
There's one that turns things into ghosts as well. Forest's Curse, just like Soak, is pretty much just a gimmick at the moment.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
kinda poor ability though. 120 speed is ridiculous, though. instead of having a bunch of stupidly powerful 'mons, it seems like gamefreak made 'em either fast as **** or slow and tanky with ridiculous attacking stats.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Damn Noivern's fast but it looks like it doesn't have the firepower to really abuse its speed like most Dragons. Stealth Rocks will prevent it from switching in repeatedly. Steels won't have any issue switching in on its STABs.

As of now UU at best IMO.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it looks like Noivern has similar stats to crobat with possibly a better typing, he'll be UU because he's most definitely outclassed by dragonite and salamence, unless his speed plays that much of a role (gotta see his moveset first)

also, azumarill has a big chance to be OU, it becomes an awesome revenge killer on dragons, possibly better than scizor would be, he has some pretty good bulk (100/80/80 is nothing to laugh at), he also resists water and fire attacks, 2 types of attacks commonly seen with dragon moves (unfortunately earthquake still exists, but he can have enough bulk to tank a hit), i think he'll definitely be OU (he already had a role in OU in gen V and he's only going to be better in gen VI)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I have yet to see a damn thing capable of abusing its type yet. In 3 generations, sure, we'll talk about it then, but right now this is 100% looking like a defensive type and there have been no defensive behemoths capable of abusing that. Its best Pokemon is an Eeveelution. Think about that.
Well Steel and Dragon didn't totally run rampant at one time (inb4 Skarmory), but that's because of the lack of Pokémon, as we've clearly seen Dragon had potential to run rampant, but like I also said that was largely to do with the monstrous stats Dragons got. Altaria is pretty much a jobber, so there we go.

Thing is, it will just take a couple of generations with GF going ape**** on Fairy types to start having some broken stuff. This is GF's status quo, constant overcompensation. Oh we don't have enough pokémon to go along with this awesome type (Dragon)? Let's make lots of them and give them all huge BSTs and movepools! Oh Psychics are broken? Let's create a resistance and two immunities, and make sure most Psychics don't learn good moves to compensate! They don't need movepools, Psychics are broken! What's this, Charizard has sucked for generations even though being a fan favourite? Let's give him TWO megas! **** the others!

Ah well, at least Meteor Mash gets an indirect buff, even if Metagross gained two weaknesses >.>

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking it could just be it's tail rolled up into a ball (It's tail developing while rolled up)

It's tail is slightly rolled in it's evolution

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Someone smarter than me estimated Noivern's stats to be 90/60/80-90/90/80-90/130. Unless it has a godly movepool, it's likely going to be Flygon with worse typing.

Also, Vivillon has 100 SpAtk / 100 Speed with Compoundeyes. I think I might try a Sleep Powder / Quiver Dance (if it gets it) set, Bug/Flying typing be damned.

But hopefully that doesn't happen because if Sliggoo gets Shell Smash, I am going to wreck face with Goodra

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Clefairy is still normal type

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it might have just been someone spreading misinformation

People were talking about it like it was common knowledge that Clefairy was still normal

BUT none of the actual leakers have found a Clefairy yet

The ONLY report on Clefairy's type from someone that has played the game was from IGN who said it was retyped as fairy

BUT people don't trust IGN reporters as legitimate sources. IGNorant.

Edit: In other news, people think this is what Mega Tyrannitar will look like

It's apparently in some balloon popping mini game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So if Pokemon Bank/Transfer doesn't release until December, does that mean we won't know what all the Mega-Evos look like/are until then?
We could never know all the mega evos

There could be a lot of event megas for all we know

Since there is no way to hack the game, we can't find out

Steelia

Smash Champion

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mega Tyranitar.

Well, that's got the potential to look really amazing, if that silhouette turns out as cool as it looks.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Overall I don't think there's too many great Pokémons in this generation, many of the designs just fall flat to me. But holy hell Zygarde looks awesome, already can't wait for the Z game, it's just so odd, but so incredibly awesome. First time I actually prefer the 3rd mascot over the original 2 in a generation.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
2 more days until X and Y release.

Still no leaks for a mega scizor or briblim...

Gonna cry myself to sleep tonight...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I'm planning on using that Sword family of Pokemon on my team. I'm interested in using Delphox too. Definitely going for Blaziken as my mega and Blastoise for my water type. I really need to know if Stoutland's line is in pre-after game though, its easily my absolute favorite Normal type and I planned on using it again. Last but not least, Yvetal and especially Zygrade look so awesome.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So now that we pretty much know every new Pokemon in the game (excluding Megas), who's everyone's most favorite and least favorite addition?

Favorite: GODra
Least favorite: Tie between Aromatisse and Barbaracle (as well as its pre-evo). All 3 are just extremely weird looking Pokemon to me... especially Barbaracle.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Barbaracle is actually one of the most clever pokemon ideas this gen imo.

Favorites:
Talonflame
Trevenant
Malamar
Pancham (just wish I liked Pangoro more)
Yveltal

Least fav:
Slurpuff
Gourgeist
Avalugg
Carbink

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So now that we pretty much know every new Pokemon in the game (excluding Megas), who's everyone's most favorite and least favorite addition?

Favorite: GODra
Least favorite: Tie between Aromatisse and Barbaracle (as well as its pre-evo). All 3 are just extremely weird looking Pokemon to me... especially Barbaracle.

I would say all of the starters look awesome to me. Well, their final forms do anyway. Goomy and Skrelp's evo lines are cool too. So far though I think that Honedge might be my favorite line outside of the starters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Delphox is one of the ugliest pokemon I've ever seen

I like Greninja and too a lesser extent Chesnaught - I would like him better if he had some darker colors on him. He's Too white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom