• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yeh dood where do you think i've been? aib?

edit: but seeing empoleon on that list of megas makes me excited. i was talking to xonar when drought charizard popped up that if they make alternative weather setters as megas, i really want mega empoleon to exist as the drizzle counterpart. it's the only water starter on that list. maybe my offhand prediction actually is legit?

...maybeeeeeeeee

MegaEmpoleon will just be Pimpoleon

he's riddle on AiB, where we both made our ugly little ducklings and soon-thereafter, released them into the wild

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm really curious as to where you got this list of Mega evolutions.

The leaks are hyping me so much, I don't get what's with the hate for Greninja. He's my boy. Goomy, btw. I love him.
found it on smogon, so far it's been fairly accurate. we'll see if it actually pans out. i've been following their leak thread there

WashedLaundry = Riddle...? Yeah I'm lost.
riddle here is my alt

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hawlucha looks awesome and I love the type combination, hope dual-type moves don't become a common thing, I want official artwork of the starter final evos badly, Aromatisse and Slurpuff look strange but it's coo, Diggersby is ****ing hilarious, Goomy looks sweet and I know it's gonna have a badass evolution, all the new megas look amazing except Gengar, Binnacle and Carbink are weird and remind me a lot of Gen V which is ok I guess, and I want to see this Helioptile evolution that someone mentioned but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
GOOMY.

LET'S TALK ABOUT GOOMY.

I hope it evolves into a Dragon/Poison type...
pls make that happen

Goomy pls

----
i really want goomy. goomy is ****ing adorable and i can't wait to see its evos. such a high base sp def has me hopeful that it's the defensive dragon i've always wanted.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Goomy's probably my new favorite from this generation, excluding the MegaEvos. That thing is destined for greatness.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i mean dragons had a little bit of soul searching to do when pink puffballs and hentai bait were capable of besting them, this is just the next step in the ladder of dragonshaming.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm waiting for someone to make a flash video of a guy tossing his key ring at Dialga, followed by a scene where Dialga gets the tar beaten out of it from some mysterious force.

POKEAWESOME 3, EGORAPTOR. Make it happen.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I must say, now that I've actually read how mega evolutions will be (supposedly) handled, I'm actually pretty excited for seeing their uses in competitive play. Something like Abomasnow becomes much more interesting when he can suddenly switch from his overall weak version of himself to a super slow but super powerful nuke of death, which it would do AFTER it has created hail.

In case anyone is wondering what I mean by that, as someone else kinda sorta mentioned, you can't actually mega evolve until after your Pokemon is already on the field. You choose to mega evolve when you go about choosing a move to use. The only thing that I don't know about yet (as I don't know if anyone has mentioned it) is whether or not your Pokemon stays in its evolved form for the rest of the match. I can't see them going that route, but still.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
As far as I've seen, it stays that way.

I'd like Megas more if the strong sweepers didn't seem like rolling death machines while the only thing that's more defensive is Venusaur. I don't want to play Hyper Offense: the meta, I got sick of that last gen.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ebwop: i do like the strategy behind it though. having only one force a lot of new strategizing in teambuilding and gameplay.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Reizilla, what was the pic you posted?
It was just the pic of Goomy firing his laser, but someone else already posted it, so I didn't bother fixing it.

I read that one of the leakers said the Megas stay that way the whole battle and there's no way to go back down.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Because nothing says "Fairy-type" like... car keys...

Kinda wish it was Steel/Ghost instead, I mean, yeah Honedge already has that typing but "possessed keys" makes at least marginally more sense. It is strangely cute though, I like it more than I wish I did.

Also, Goomy's evolution looks like a snail. Still waiting for that final evo.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i mean dragons had a little bit of soul searching to do when pink puffballs and hentai bait were capable of besting them, this is just the next step in the ladder of dragonshaming.
Salamence and Dragonite say LOLember

Garchomp says lolfirefang

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The Pokedex numbering is apparently implying that there is another Eeveelution.

My body is ready for the Dragon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Abamasnow

Hell yeah

He's one of my favorite pokemons

Also

DO WANT!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Possible Eeveelution turned out to be false. It was just Emolga. D:
Obviously we need to hunt down and kill every Emolga we find

Edit:

So

Blastoise ability doesn't effect ONLY pulse attacks. It also effects Aura attacks

...Blastoise getting AURA SPHERE!?!

Would change my mind of the ability

--

Edit 2: People are saying that not only does Blastoise not get Aura Sphere, he doesn't get Dark Pulse either...

So he has NOTHING that can take advantage of his ability but Water Pulse...WTF is up with that?

I don't know if this is confirmed yet

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The problem with Blastoise is that he isn't Charizard, which means his Mega Evo's ability isn't gonna be nearly as good as a result.

People keep freaking out about Zard X but they somehow forgot Zard Y has freaking Drought lol.

Mega Evos are gonna make the game easy mode.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the ability sucks for blastoise if the only move it benefits is water pulse, they could have left him with torrent and that still would've been better

but this mega evo makes him the deadliest spinner out there

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pumpkaboo

Finally getting a Ghost/Grass Pokémon, and it is ideally a pumpkin!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
and it's highest stat is defense

we kinda called a physically defensive grass/ghost pokemon back in our CAP days...although this thing definitely will not be as good as our guy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

No, I'm wrong. It's AFTER him in the pokedex

Spire

III
BRoomer
Uh oh, version exclusives! Phantump and Pumpkaboo in X or Y? I dig both of 'em, but I have a deep spot for pumpkins. I've yet to order X or Y, I'm ultimately waiting to see all the exclusives before deciding. Even lesser Pokémon like these weigh heavily against the likes of Charizard X.

What a fantastic chart though!

My guess is: including type retcons of older Pokémon, we'll see Fairy paired with every other type.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh oh, version exclusives! Phantump and Pumpkaboo in X or Y? I dig both of 'em, but I have a deep spot for pumpkins. I've yet to order X or Y, I'm ultimately waiting to see all the exclusives before deciding. Even lesser Pokémon like these weigh heavily against the likes of Charizard X.

What a fantastic chart though!

My guess is: including type retcons of older Pokémon, we'll see Fairy paired with every other type.
People theorized that, but one of the leakers reported catching both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom