• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sword and Shield Discussion Thread: Crown Tundra DLC Available Now! Time to Catch Those Legendary Pokemon!

Which Version Do You Plan on Getting?

• Sword

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Shield

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Both

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I would go with either Scorbunny or Sobble, though I ditched my starter in the end in favor of the rest of my team. I just wasn't feeling Cinderace much, despite the fact that it's really good.

KingEzra123

Smash Cadet
my team might be for each starter and all of the teams will have 3 from Kanto:
If started with Grookey
Rillaboom
Centascorch
Gyarados
Pikachu
Gardevoir (if sword) Rapidash (if shield)
Sirfetch'd
If Started with Scorbunny
Shiftry
Cinderace
Gyarados
Pikachu
Sirfetch's
If Started with Sobble
Applin's evolution (i forgot what it was apple wings version)
Charizard
Intelleon
Pikachu
Sirfetch'd

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
EMhgMmiUcAAkmP7.jpg

Took me like a week of soft reseting

I made him modest. He didn't come modest but I had a modest candy

I named him "Shockcicle"

Last edited:

KingEzra123

Smash Cadet
My team for Grookey on sword
Rillaboom "Kerchak"
Ninetales Male "Tod"
Seaking "Cleo"
Pikachu "Mickey Mouse"
Gardevoir "Belle"
Corvaknight "Zazu"
there's a theme to these nicknames does anyone know what it is

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The strange thing is, that Sobble was Surprise Traded to me. I assumed it was hacked. Until I checked it's stats.

EV-wise it's perfect. Best all around. But even I have breeded multiple perfect pokemon

However, it's nature is Hardy - But the person gave it a bold mint. And it's EV's are kind of crazy.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today's Pokemon Direct revealed that Pokemon Sword and Shield are getting paid DLC! They are the first core series Pokemon games to get paid DLC. Gamefreak also revealed that paid DLC is their substitute for releasing third/updated versions from now on.

Two expansion passes will release in 2020 (one in June, the other in September) that will add more locations to explore in the game, new characters, new Gigantamax forms (notably for the remaining Kanto starters and the Galar starters), new facilities, and even 200+ more Pokemon from the older generations for you to catch! There's even some new Pokemon on the way and new Galarians forms, with some new legendaries on the way as well!

Together, both expansion passes will cost $30, and you can pre-purchase the DLC starting today! They will add also free downloadable updates overtime that will allow players who don't have the expansion passes to still gain access to the 200+ added older Pokemon that will be added with both of these DLC updates

Here's the trailer for this expansion pass:

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Now it's time to firgure out what 200+ older pokemon will be added.

Fingers crossed for :212: and :126:

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
And heres me:

'Pokémon: Let's Go Chimchar', 'Pokémon: Let's Go Bidoof' plz

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nice to see the Nido line. I wonder if the reason they showed Nidorino and not Nidoking is because there is going to be a Galarian Nidoking.

Hoping to see: Porygon line, Exploud line, Ampharos line, Tyrantrum line, magnemite line

I'd honestly be fine with those and Nidoking

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Updated teams2.png

I decided to update my teams from the generations to include gen 8. And switch previous gens a little to reflect changes in taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I bought my copy of Pokemon Shield used off ebay and I'm glad I did because I've played higher quality monster collectors than this on the DS.

Glad I also have friends willing to buy their way past the paywall too so they can trade me the monsters I care about and I can save my money for better games actually worth my money and time.

Hoping Slakoth and Bagon's lines are part of the update. Pinsir would be nice too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don't want to brag or anything...

LOL, because it's traded

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So HOME is out, so I only got Squirtle a couple of hours early. LOL

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is Kantonian Rapidash supposed to breed a Galarian Ponyta...?

I thought babies’ regional forms depended on their parents’...I used a Ditto, but, idk if that matters or not...not that I care much, I was gonna trade the Ponyta for a Galarian one anyway, though I’d like to have both forms...

...welp, gonna have to catch one in LGP.

edit: Oh, I need an Everstone. Nevermind, then.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Fun fact, everyone.

Leon's G-Charizard can survive Dynamaxed Venusaur's 252 EV Sp. Att, Modest, +3 boosted Max Ooze Sludge Bomb.

Fun ****in' fact.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I haven't touched my copy of Shield that I bought used in months, not even to finish the mediocre story. Since that time, between all the complaints I've seen regarding how little there is to do in Home, the fact it can potentially glitch and delete all your monsters, how the caves in the upcoming expansion manage to look worse than the forgettable caves in the already terrible base game, Dynamax proving to be broken among everything else in the metagame remaining awful on top of the terrible online experience, there doesn't seem to be anything to incentivize me to even put the cartridge in my Switch again or pay even a cent for any of this nonsense that has every reason to be free to begin with, considering the offers other games and monster collecting have provided. Laughably, even a game breaking bug managed to import the resources for the removed Pokemon.

At least I've been having a great time with Mystery Dungeon proving to be the first good Pokemon game on the Switch.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I haven't touched my copy of Shield that I bought used in months, not even to finish the mediocre story. Since that time, between all the complaints I've seen regarding how little there is to do in Home, the fact it can potentially glitch and delete all your monsters, how the caves in the upcoming expansion manage to look worse than the forgettable caves in the already terrible base game, Dynamax proving to be broken among everything else in the metagame remaining awful on top of the terrible online experience, there doesn't seem to be anything to incentivize me to even put the cartridge in my Switch again or pay even a cent for any of this nonsense that has every reason to be free to begin with, considering the offers other games and monster collecting have provided. Laughably, even a game breaking bug managed to import the resources for the removed Pokemon.

At least I've been having a great time with Mystery Dungeon proving to be the first good Pokemon game on the Switch.
Yeah, it thorougly sucks. Pokemon needs a full new company to reboot it from the ground up. But sadly, the best thing we can get is the Reborn and Rejuvenation fan games...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just delivering the news that more news about the Sword and Shield expansion pass will release tomorrow at 6 AM Pacific/8 AM Central:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Brief double post, but just wanted to share the new trailer that dropped today that provided lots of new gameplay footage for both expansion passes:

Currently, it's just JP-only, but we might see a US/EU-trailer soon.

The Isle of Armor of DLC will release June 17th.

They also revealed some more details on the new Pokemon/Galarian forms:
-Galarian Slowbro will release in Isle of Armor: it's a Poison/Psychic-type
-For the Galarian forms of the Kanto Legendary Birds, Galarian Articuno is a Psychic/Flying-type, Galarian Zapdos is a Fighting/Flying-type, and Galarian Moltres is a Dark/Flying-type
-The new Regis to release in Crown Tundra: Regieleci and Regidraco (both are the Japanese names atm) are Electric and Dragon type respectively.

Also seems like the DLC will add double battle team-up tournaments in the Pokemon League.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Regishock and Regiscales would have been way better names.

Gotta love how Zapdos is the only one with a good dual typing all over again.

Seems the Cramorant machine thing can make items based on what you put in, so I guess it's a Pokemon fan's first exposure to item crafting recipes.

There's also some Dynamax Adventure feature where you go deeper into dens to fight Dynamax Pokemon in streaks, so now it's even more like Busters-T except you're most likely still going to be forced to use crummy AI allies with terrible Pokemon instead of assigning and using any of the Pokemon you own with the unnecessary and annoying clouds making you squint to see a silhouette instead of just knowing what you're up against anyway much like the purple pimples of the Wild Area.

There's some Gigantamax Soup thing that lets you make a non-Gigantamax Pokemon that HAS a Gigantamax form get free access to its Giganatamax form. This feature should have been base game no differently from how you could Mega Evolve Pokemon you own from the start so long as you had their respective Mega Stone. Now all that time you probably wasting hunting and soft resetting for a shiny Gigantamax Pokemon has completely gone down the drain.

The only Pokemon that even remotely interest me in this are Tangrowth and Kingdra. Also they're kinda showing us how awful and unnecessary the trade evolving mechanic is with how limited player freedom by just making even more of such Pokemon like Politoed spawn wild anyway.

Saving my money cuz I ain't spending it here.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Regishock and Regiscales would have been way better names.

Gotta love how Zapdos is the only one with a good dual typing all over again.

Seems the Cramorant machine thing can make items based on what you put in, so I guess it's a Pokemon fan's first exposure to item crafting recipes.

There's also some Dynamax Adventure feature where you go deeper into dens to fight Dynamax Pokemon in streaks, so now it's even more like Busters-T except you're most likely still going to be forced to use crummy AI allies with terrible Pokemon instead of assigning and using any of the Pokemon you own with the unnecessary and annoying clouds making you squint to see a silhouette instead of just knowing what you're up against anyway much like the purple pimples of the Wild Area.

There's some Gigantamax Soup thing that lets you make a non-Gigantamax Pokemon that HAS a Gigantamax form get free access to its Giganatamax form. This feature should have been base game no differently from how you could Mega Evolve Pokemon you own from the start so long as you had their respective Mega Stone. Now all that time you probably wasting hunting and soft resetting for a shiny Gigantamax Pokemon has completely gone down the drain.

The only Pokemon that even remotely interest me in this are Tangrowth and Kingdra. Also they're kinda showing us how awful and unnecessary the trade evolving mechanic is with how limited player freedom by just making even more of such Pokemon like Politoed spawn wild anyway.

Saving my money cuz I ain't spending it here.
Fire-Flying and Ice-Flying were great types with great offensive coverage from the primary type and spikes immunity from the second, until some ******* had the brilliant idea to invent the Sneaky Peebles and never EVER give them the well-deserved nerf they need. At least they should reduce the PP of this monstruosity to 8 or being generous 16 so you can't keep spamming them anymore, and halving their damage output would also be nice considering how easy to use they are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom