• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Newcomer Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_Parker_Official

Smash Rookie
I'm not a big believer in leaks this time around. After Sakurai went out of his way to describe how much effort they're putting into avoiding leaks, I believe he's doing a good job at it. The consensus on Vergeben is that his leaks are real but I feel that they are just safe and he's riding the fact that he got the no cuts from Smash 4 thing right. Before E3, Simon, Ridley and the no cuts thing was considered "crazy", but a lot of people were guessing at those things. Since E3 he's leaked safe things to not lose his credibility. Had he said Simon and Richter that would be another story. Maybe I'm crazy? Could be.

But that's not what this is about. I'm speculating on the new Pokemon Newcomer. It's very obvious that they would put a Gen 7 Pokemon because it's current and it follows the precident set with Lucario and Greninja. Beyond that, they're already including so much of Gen 7 in Pokeballs. Because of this I think it's more likely for Sakurai to break the expectations.

Gen 7 is represented in Ultimate be other means, more so than Gen 4 in Brawl and Gen 6 in Smash 4. Out of 31 Pokeball Pokemon in Brawl only 5 were Gen 4. Out of 42 Pokeball Pokemon in Smash 4 only 9 were Gen 6. We already have 10 Gen 7 Pokeball Pokemon in Ultimate out of the 37 revealed so far. Considering additions like Eevee, Ditto, and Abra for the resurgence of Gen 1 in Pokemon Go, that's pretty good Gen 7 rep. And there are definitely more to come.

I imagine Sakurai won't do the exact same thing he did for Greninja this time around. I can see him repping Gen 7 in other ways like Pokeballs and a stage and picking a Pokemon that has stood the test of time and isn't just current. Fan favorites that have been so well after their generation came and went. As for who? I'm not too sure. Maybe Gardevoir? Maybe Sceptile? Maybe Blaziken? With the strong Gen 3 remakes hype during the Smash Ballot it could be one of those. It could be others like Gengar or even Genesect. I could see him throwing in Raichu as an echo on top of a unique fighter. Maybe we'll get Weavile or Alakazam? Maybe those last two are my favorite Pokemon and I would love for those to be in despite the fact that it will never happen? Maybe...

If not that, maybe a Gen 7 rep that isn't what we expect. Like a Pokemon Trainer thing with Incineroar, Decidueye, and Lycanroc. Or maybe Lillie with Nebby fighting and taking damage to protect her.

I don't see a lot of people saying this. Sorry if people have. Let me know what you think.

TLDR
Gen 7 rep is too predictable. I think he's gonna surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom