• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Mystic Hunters/Deep Hunters

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
After a month long hiatus, I'm back making a new game creation thread, and due to my success in the Pokemon Warriors Game I decided to continue with that franchise and this time create a thread for developing a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Game.

This thread is half creation thread half discussion thread as not only will we develop a fully fleshed out world but we will also develop a fully fleshed out plot, taking advantage of all the available Pokemon from Gens 1-8.

To start with all starters are available as playable characters

Playable Roster:
Pikachu
Charmander
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Dratini
Porygon
Cyndaquil
Chikorita
Totodile
Torchic
Treeko
Mudkip
Chimchar
Turtwig
Piplup
Shinx
Tepig
Snivy
Oshawott
Fenniken
Chespin
Froakie
Fletchling
Litten
Rowlett
Popplio
Scrobunny
Grookey
Sobble

These are not the only roster members as other non starters will join the roster as potential explorers

Partners:
Love me some sibling dynamics. I like to imagine the partners being a pair of brother and sister. Obviously they would have to be like adopted to an extent if we want them to be different species, but as long as they grew up together it works out. This would be a stereotypical cartoon sibling relationship, always trying to one-up and mess with each other or embarrass each other in public but still caring for each other when the going gets tough.

Team Spunk

Team Spunk is a group of Pokemon who form a rival goild with the party, however what sets them apart from the more traditionally jerkish Team Meanies and Skull is that they are not traditionally mean, they generally want to help people but a combination of each member's rough upbringing and there guildmaster having a malicious alternative motive they have a hostile aura to them.

Members:
Orbeetle: The guildmaster of Team Spunk, he has a tough and stubborn aura to him and has a potentially malicious plan depending on how the story goes, he always has the prepencity to never be impressed by Team Spunk's results

Whevile: The leader of Team Spunk, and the most jerkish of them, mainly due to taking the brunt of Orbeetles insults and cutting them down, so he puts up a tough exterior which makes him not realize how good his teammates are as freinds.

Misdreavus: A smart cookie, her scientific experiments and strategic mind made her an unfavorite in the local ghost community due to Ghost Types focusing on magic and the occult while she preferred to dabble in the sciences, she views Whevile as a father figure and tries her best to impress him with her plans, she likes to accompany him in battle.

Hattrem and Butterfree: These two childhood freinds were always frustrated by being tossed aside and ignored due to looking weak and vulnerable despite their dreams of becoming rugged explorers, Butterfree is somewhat bumbling and nervous but he is reliable nonetheless, while Hattrem is spunky and quick to anger, especially due to having problems with her psychic powers, but they both have a close bond, they are one of two pairs you usually face off with.

Villeplume and Lampent: They arnt the most sociable people, they are quite awkward and have a bad case of parental neglect, Lampent acts standoffish and intimidating while Villeplume is a more silent individual, but these Pokemon act like brothers, they also are the two main Pokemon you face alongside Butterfree and Hattrem.

Ninjask: The most affable of Team Spunk, Ninjask is the most enthusiastic of the team and had the most faith in there team's goal, in the thick of it he may even help the player's guild at times.

Guildmasters
Galarian Darmanitan: Called Garth by his freinds, this old veteran is a fan favorite in town due to his reliable, albeit crazy, methods when he was in his prime, now he mellowed out and made his own guild with his wife Blissey.

Blissey: Garth's wife, despite appearances she was quite experienced with running a rescue unit where she and her late buddy Delibird rescued people lost in the mountains, this makes her very experienced with the world and is the place where people go to learn about the local geography, in her down time she volunteers as a kindergarten teacher to the baby pokemon and motherly figure to your partners.

Cramorant and Abra: The two head chefs of the guild, Cramorant is known for his experience with strange and often hazardous ingredients, and is close friends with Garth, unfortunately this experience with weird dishes mean the apprentice Abra is his main tastertester much to her chagrin, she also is the mail deliverer and often uses her teleporting abilities to often rush her route.
Pokelego999 Pokelego999
A mysterious stranger appears in town, claiming to be a human turned Pokemon, sending the town into a frenzy. Two siblings who don't really want to get involved in the massive debate being stirred up amongst the town's residents decide to go into the woods, sneaking past the guards who guard the entrance while they're arguing. The first sibling is captured by the two Weedle, and the player rolls out of a bush confused. They team up with the sibling to rescue the first one. They eventually rescue the second sibling, but on their way out, Beedrill, who has taken over the hive along with his cronies, attempts to stop them. They nearly have him at the ropes, but as he summons reinforcements, Darmanitan saves them, whilst Team Spunk handle the reinforcements. Orbeetle berates them, but Darmanitan decides to take them in as Explorers due the good work they put in, much to the Team's chagrin. The group is lead out, as Darmanitan prepares to show them the ropes the next day. The three sleep in the Guild, as the player decides to hide their identity as a human in order to figure out for themselves what happened to them.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
download.jpeg

Machop
A newcomer to the potential playable roster and fan favorite, Machop would potentially be a strong ally if you deck them out good enough

download (1).jpeg

Sewaddle
For the Bug Type Fans out there, Sewaddle would provide a good choice, what it lack in defense (it has a double 4x weakness) it makes up for in the ability to be able to use a variety of attack and debuffs such as Bug Bite and Sticky Web

Job 2
Coolness Tryhard and Straight Man
The former thinks itself as cool and awesome, despite the protests of everyone else that they are definitely not and is an annoying unpopular slacker, eventually they learn that they can be cool by doing good deeds and appreciating the fine things in life, the later is the farmer's sole freind to its chagrin as its always dragged to wherever the former want to do as a sceme.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Job 1
Submit 2 Pokemon to join the playable roster
Submit any 2 Pokemon to become a potential playable character, as long as they are from different generations and are the first members of a specific evolutionary line such as Meowth or Gible, tell us why we should include them.

Job 2
Submit the personities of your 2 partners/freinds
Due to the larger roster we will have 3 selectable allies with the latter 2 having distinct personalities and backgrounds, what are these personalities and how would they work off each other
Riolu
1642380003879.png

An iconic Gen 4 mon, it has been a starter previously several times in the series, most notably in The Explorers Games and Super Mystery Dungeon. It is well beloved and would fit well here.
Eevee
1642380098424.png

A shoe in, Eevee is typically a starter in the spinoff games and some main ones too, and has been one in Red and Blue Rescue Teams. Eevee's capable all-around nature, fan favorite status, and iconicity, make it as much a shoe in as Riolu.

Job 2: Personalities
Partner 1 genuinely believes in doing good things for the world and helping as many as possible but will take any path or method to get to that point, no matter the sacrifice or what they would need to go through. They would do anything for the greater good like this, and often come into the conflict with the rest of the group for this attitude. They genuinely care though, and often follow along and help the other two members of the group as the more mature person there. Often being levelheaded in not so good situations. They'll try to save anyone, but if there's a risk that saving one isn't worth it compared to a greater benefit, they'll sit it out. They'd probably end up changing this to being more caring to the individuals and not the overall group by the end of the story.

Partner 2 would be happy go lucky. They're full of energy and always itching to move and explore. They understand how the world works and are truly smart on the inside, but they don't tend to use that often, instead opting for a more reckless approach because they find it more fun. They always stay positive and find the best in every situation, trying to turn anything into fun. They often butt heads with others who try to be more careful in their surroundings. They're basically the definition of hyperactive, constantly running and never running out of fuel until they tire themselves out. They tend to trip over things often in a rush before moving on like nothing happened. They'd probably end up changing to being cooler and more collected by the end of the story whilst still keeping the same have fun with everything attitude.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You know what I'm just going to start voting

Eevee
Machop
Dratini
Shinx
Riolu
Sewaddle

Vote for you top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place but only once

Reckless and Happygolucky
Siblings
Which pair of personalities would you rather have, and why

Job 3
Create the first Dungeon
In the story, regardless of choice, you will stumble along a small mystery dungeon featuring your two new freinds acting as a tutorial area, it's pretty basic and filled with low leveled enemies, describe this dungeon and use the following template

Dungeon Name:
Number of Floors: (Dictate if it has Basement Floors and/or Upper Floors)
Enviroment: Where will this dungeon be
Description: What gimmicks will this dungeon have, or any major landmarks
Enemies: What enemy Pokemon will live in this dungeon, plus optionally what moves they would use

Job 4
Submit a name for this game
Again, I'm bad with names so this job is about creating a new and exciting names for this game

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oooh I gotta try this one out. Honestly I may like PMD more than the standard Pokémon games, at least purely gameplay-wise. Either way it's pretty damn close. Plus the stories are always among the best in the entire franchise, so coming up with one here should prove super fun. Preemptively voting for keeping the "used to be a human" plotline btw. Anyways real jobs now.

Job #1: Shinx and Dratini

1642446617222.png
1642446645464.png

Wow there's a lot of starters by now. And they're all the same three types! Wanted to spread out the typings for the player's choice here with these two cute specimens.

Job #2: Siblings

Love me some sibling dynamics. I like to imagine the partners being a pair of brother and sister. Obviously they would have to be like adopted to an extent if we want them to be different species, but as long as they grew up together it works out. This would be a stereotypical cartoon sibling relationship, always trying to one-up and mess with each other or embarrass each other in public but still caring for each other when the going gets tough.

EDIT: Oh what the heck I was typing this literally as it ended 😭

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You know what I'm just going to start voting

Eevee
Machop
Riolu
Sewaddle

Vote for you top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place but only once

Reckless and Happygolucky
Which pair of personalities would you rather have, and why

Job 3
Create the first Dungeon
In the story, regardless of choice, you will stumble along a small mystery dungeon featuring your two new freinds acting as a tutorial area, it's pretty basic and filled with low leveled enemies, describe this dungeon and use the following template

Dungeon Name:
Enemies: What enemy Pokemon will live in this dungeon, plus optionally what moves they would use

Job 4
Submit a name for this game
Again, I'm bad with names so this job is about creating a new and exciting names for this game
Job 3:
Forlorn Woods
Upon arriving in the new world, the player and the group get lost inside it, and have to escape. It's a wood no one is said to escape, it is covered in thick foliage and fog. It's a short dungeon ironically, only three floors that go down.
The dungeon has no major gimmicks, but at the end of the woods the group manages to reach the center and accidentally angers the master of the woods, Drakloak. He attempts to battle them, but the group would be saved by unforseen circumstances that will probably be decided later. Alternatively, he could act as a weak first boss in a similar vein to the Explorer Game's Team Skull.

Enemies:
Oddish: Sweet Scent
Dreepy: Astonish
Blipbug: Tackle
Rookidee: Tackle
Wurmple: Tackle
Very weak with only one move, as this is the starting area. Enemies stay the same across all floors.

Job 4:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gears of Fate

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I
Oooh I gotta try this one out. Honestly I may like PMD more than the standard Pokémon games, at least purely gameplay-wise. Either way it's pretty damn close. Plus the stories are always among the best in the entire franchise, so coming up with one here should prove super fun. Preemptively voting for keeping the "used to be a human" plotline btw. Anyways real jobs now.

View attachment 343029View attachment 343030

Wow there's a lot of starters by now. And they're all the same three types! Wanted to spread out the typings for the player's choice here with these two cute specimens.

I updated the list for you, there is also other jobs you can do

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
neat made it just in time

1. Eevee
2. Riolu
3. Dratini

Gonna vote for Coolness Tryhard and Straight Man too cuz that was genuinely my first idea that I had all typed up before I saw it was already submitted.

Job #3: Abandoned Town

We've never had a mystery dungeon in an urban area, have we? This dungeon will be the ruins of an old abandoned village, with just the skeletons of homes and shops still standing. Wild Pokémon will sometimes take refuge in the old structures, and not so wild Pokémon will sometimes come by to loot what they can. It'll take place between the dried up outdoor paths and the dusty interior hallways of buildings, and the Pokémon inhabiting the place will consist of the tough and hardy types: Bagon, Geodude, Aron, Scraggy, Pancham, Mankey, and Durant for example.

I don't feel I can do Job #4 well without the plot of the game being known first so I'll skip out on that one.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Dratini
Machop
Sphinx

Siblings

Job 3:
Dungeon Name: Stump Glade Hideout
Floors: 4
Enviroment: A hollowed out tree stump hideout
Description: As you first wake up you find yourself in a hollowed out tree stump over a creek, this creek is home to many different bug type Pokemon, all ruled under a bully of a Beedrill ruling a secret crime ring, this Beedrill stole various fruits and veggies of the village down the way in the starting town and the two allies you will meet attempt to "liberate" these produce before finding you sleeping in a creek, you decide to team up and defeat the Beedrill boss.
Enemies:
Weedle: String Shot
Kakuna: Harden, Tackle
Dottler: Confuse Ray
Scatterbug: Bug Bite
Spewpa: Powder
(Boss) Beedrill: Poison Sting, Twin Needle, Bug Bite

Job 4:
Pokemon Myster Dungeons: Mystic Hunters and Deep Hunters (like the name)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Dratini and Shinx win and the two partners will be siblings

Stump Glade Hideout
Forlorn Woods
Abandoned Town
Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Gears of Fate
Mystic Hunters/Deep Hunters

Which name would you rather have and why

Job 5
Submit a Rival Team
Submit a rival team such as Team Skull or Team Meanies, what would this trio of Pokemon be, and what would there personalities be

Job 6
Submit the Guildmaster
Like Wigglytuff and Quagsire, this game will have a unique guildmaster that also act as a father figure too the two partners, submit the guildmaster and desicrbe his/her personality, you could even have a pair of guildmaster or a guildmaster and assistant

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Dratini and Shinx win and the two partners will be siblings

Stump Glade Hideout
Forlorn Woods
Abandoned Town
Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Gears of Fate
Mystic Hunters/Deep Hunters

Which name would you rather have and why

Job 5
Submit a Rival Team
Submit a rival team such as Team Skull or Team Meanies, what would this trio of Pokemon be, and what would there personalities be

Job 6
Submit the Guildmaster
Like Wigglytuff and Quagsire, this game will have a unique guildmaster that also act as a father figure too the two partners, submit the guildmaster and desicrbe his/her personality, you could even have a pair of guildmaster or a guildmaster and assistant
Stump Glade Hideout

I have one option here, so this is a given, Mystic and Deep Hunters

Job 5: Aggron Gang
A gang of criminals that has a hideout in the mountains, their members consist of Probopass, Archeops, Cleffa, Heatmor, and the big boss Aggron. Heatmor causes problems early game, before Probopass and Archeops become the recurring group into the Aggron eventually emerges from the shadows along with Cleffa. They orchestrate all sorts of schemes throughout the game.
Heatmor- Encountered early on terrorizing Durant in their mines. She is one of Aggron's primary enforcers when it comes to getting what he wants. She sees herself as superior to anyone else and looks down on everyone. She's arrogant and often has a high temper. She is disliked by her peers, and only kept around for her strength.
Probopass and Archeops- Sort of the comedic duo. They act as typical lackeys for the team. They aren't as smart as the others are, and often get outwitted and sometimes even help the player's team inadvertently. They often end up causing trouble on Aggron's behalf, and don't really do much on their own. They are first encountered after Heatmor is defeated and act as the main ones you fight for a while.
Cleffa- The brains behind Aggron's operations, Cleffa is incredibly smart for her young age, and a criminal mastermind. She orchestrates things Aggron wants done in order to act at their maximum potential. Cleffa is not a frontline fighter, and often stays at Aggron's side as his second in command, much to Heatmor's displeasure. Cleffa acts childish, yet is absolutely cold and ruthless with her plans, often two steps ahead, no matter what.
Aggron- The leader of the group. He sticks to the shadows but is truly an impenetrable force on the battlefield. He is the mastermind of the gang's schemes and is extremely manipulative, capable of coaxing enemies to his side only to backstab him. No one knows what he wants until he wants it, and he's a master of secrecy. He appears late game, acting as a major antagonist, beating the player's team easily. The player's team's goal is to stop Aggron from there.
Job 6: Guildmaster
Venomoth
Venomoth is the Guildmaster, acting as foster parent to the partners. He replaces former guildmaster Meganium, who now serves under him, and works with his assistant Combee. Venomoth acts friendly and outgoing, though a bit rough around the edges to everyone. He is well liked, but unbeknownst to everyone, Venomoth was a former member of the Aggron Gang, acting as a smuggler before being arrested in years past. He eventually ran off here from prison to act as a nobody and start anew. He is still well loved despite this. Venomoth is eventually caught by and arrested, but because of his good behavior and support from everyone, he eventually goes into community service and helps clean up town, giving advice to the player's group when they talk to him.
Meganium
The former Guildmaster, he takes over from Venomoth again as Guildmaster after Venomoth is arrested. Meganium is shown to be more outgoing than Venomoth due to his years, but secretly plans things off to the side that even Combee knows nothing about. Meganium would be antagonistic in some sense, but I'll save that for what pans out.
Combee
The Guild's Cook and and the assistant to the Guildmaster, Combee is always busy with taking care of the Guild, often being in a rush and slightly forgetful. Combee's cooking skills are also considered mediocre, but as he is the only one who can cook in the Guild, he is kept. Combee has an inferiority complex thanks to not being able to evolve or do anything particularly amazing compared to the rest of the Guild, but is respected by the Guild for his work. Combee will always stick to the side of justice, never backing down from a fight with villains.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Team Spunk

Team Spunk is a group of Pokemon who form a rival goild with the party, however what sets them apart from the more traditionally jerkish Team Meanies and Skull is that they are not traditionally mean, they generally want to help people but a combination of each member's rough upbringing and there guildmaster having a malicious alternative motive they have a hostile aura to them.

Members:
Orbeetle: The guildmaster of Team Spunk, he has a tough and stubborn aura to him and has a potentially malicious plan depending on how the story goes, he always has the prepencity to never be impressed by Team Spunk's results

Whevile: The leader of Team Spunk, and the most jerkish of them, mainly due to taking the brunt of Orbeetles insults and cutting them down, so he puts up a tough exterior which makes him not realize how good his teammates are as freinds.

Misdreavus: A smart cookie, her scientific experiments and strategic mind made her an unfavorite in the local ghost community due to Ghost Types focusing on magic and the occult while she preferred to dabble in the sciences, she views Whevile as a father figure and tries her best to impress him with her plans, she likes to accompany him in battle.

Hattrem and Butterfree: These two childhood freinds were always frustrated by being tossed aside and ignored due to looking weak and vulnerable despite their dreams of becoming rugged explorers, Butterfree is somewhat bumbling and nervous but he is reliable nonetheless, while Hattrem is spunky and quick to anger, especially due to having problems with her psychic powers, but they both have a close bond, they are one of two pairs you usually face off with.

Villeplume and Lampent: They arnt the most sociable people, they are quite awkward and have a bad case of parental neglect, Lampent acts standoffish and intimidating while Villeplume is a more silent individual, but these Pokemon act like brothers, they also are the two main Pokemon you face alongside Butterfree and Hattrem.

Ninjask: The most affable of Team Spunk, Ninjask is the most enthusiastic of the team and had the most faith in there team's goal, in the thick of it he may even help the player's guild at times.

Guildmasters
Galarian Darmanitan: Called Garth by his freinds, this old veteran is a fan favorite in town due to his reliable, albeit crazy, methods when he was in his prime, now he mellowed out and made his own guild with his wife Blissey.

Blissey: Garth's wife, despite appearances she was quite experienced with running a rescue unit where she and her late buddy Delibird rescued people lost in the mountains, this makes her very experienced with the world and is the place where people go to learn about the local geography, in her down time she volunteers as a kindergarten teacher to the baby pokemon and motherly figure to your partners.

Cramorant and Abra: The two head chefs of the guild, Cramorant is known for his experience with strange and often hazardous ingredients, and is close friends with Garth, unfortunately this experience with weird dishes mean the apprentice Abra is his main tastertester much to her chagrin, she also is the mail deliverer and often uses her teleporting abilities to often rush her route.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
alright neat! though hopefully we can get a few more people to submit for this so you don't have to wait for me

Voting for Mystic Hunters / Deep Hunters because two versions is still a genius move by Game Freak.

Job #5: Team Tech

This is a sudden new intrusion on our protagonists' hometown. They're a collection of mostly Steel-, Electric-, and Psychic-type Pokémon who came into the village with promises of efficiency and progress. They're trying to commandeer the local guild to make it better than ever with their genius inventions. For example, their Klinklang lieutenant has a machine that grinds fruit into edible paste at incredible rates, allowing the former chefs to take part in mystery dungeon crawls. The Porygon2 lieutenant can run calculations to determine which guild members are most fitted for certain dungeons. Their leader is a very aloof and frustratingly charming Rotom who is always trying to convince the guildmaster to switch to their systems.

Job #6: Obstagoon

I just wanted to include a Gen VIII Pokémon here. Plus the more aggressive attitude makes room for a more active kind of guildmaster!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Stump Glade Hideout

I have one option here, so this is a given, Mystic and Deep Hunters

Job 5: Aggron Gang
A gang of criminals that has a hideout in the mountains, their members consist of Probopass, Archeops, Cleffa, Heatmor, and the big boss Aggron. Heatmor causes problems early game, before Probopass and Archeops become the recurring group into the Aggron eventually emerges from the shadows along with Cleffa. They orchestrate all sorts of schemes throughout the game.
Heatmor- Encountered early on terrorizing Durant in their mines. She is one of Aggron's primary enforcers when it comes to getting what he wants. She sees herself as superior to anyone else and looks down on everyone. She's arrogant and often has a high temper. She is disliked by her peers, and only kept around for her strength.
Probopass and Archeops- Sort of the comedic duo. They act as typical lackeys for the team. They aren't as smart as the others are, and often get outwitted and sometimes even help the player's team inadvertently. They often end up causing trouble on Aggron's behalf, and don't really do much on their own. They are first encountered after Heatmor is defeated and act as the main ones you fight for a while.
Cleffa- The brains behind Aggron's operations, Cleffa is incredibly smart for her young age, and a criminal mastermind. She orchestrates things Aggron wants done in order to act at their maximum potential. Cleffa is not a frontline fighter, and often stays at Aggron's side as his second in command, much to Heatmor's displeasure. Cleffa acts childish, yet is absolutely cold and ruthless with her plans, often two steps ahead, no matter what.
Aggron- The leader of the group. He sticks to the shadows but is truly an impenetrable force on the battlefield. He is the mastermind of the gang's schemes and is extremely manipulative, capable of coaxing enemies to his side only to backstab him. No one knows what he wants until he wants it, and he's a master of secrecy. He appears late game, acting as a major antagonist, beating the player's team easily. The player's team's goal is to stop Aggron from there.
Job 6: Guildmaster
Venomoth
Venomoth is the Guildmaster, acting as foster parent to the partners. He replaces former guildmaster Meganium, who now serves under him, and works with his assistant Combee. Venomoth acts friendly and outgoing, though a bit rough around the edges to everyone. He is well liked, but unbeknownst to everyone, Venomoth was a former member of the Aggron Gang, acting as a smuggler before being arrested in years past. He eventually ran off here from prison to act as a nobody and start anew. He is still well loved despite this. Venomoth is eventually caught by and arrested, but because of his good behavior and support from everyone, he eventually goes into community service and helps clean up town, giving advice to the player's group when they talk to him.
Meganium
The former Guildmaster, he takes over from Venomoth again as Guildmaster after Venomoth is arrested. Meganium is shown to be more outgoing than Venomoth due to his years, but secretly plans things off to the side that even Combee knows nothing about. Meganium would be antagonistic in some sense, but I'll save that for what pans out.
Combee
The Guild's Cook and and the assistant to the Guildmaster, Combee is always busy with taking care of the Guild, often being in a rush and slightly forgetful. Combee's cooking skills are also considered mediocre, but as he is the only one who can cook in the Guild, he is kept. Combee has an inferiority complex thanks to not being able to evolve or do anything particularly amazing compared to the rest of the Guild, but is respected by the Guild for his work. Combee will always stick to the side of justice, never backing down from a fight with villains.
Team Spunk

Members:

Guildmasters

alright neat! though hopefully we can get a few more people to submit for this so you don't have to wait for me

Voting for Mystic Hunters / Deep Hunters because two versions is still a genius move by Game Freak.

Job #5: Team Tech

This is a sudden new intrusion on our protagonists' hometown. They're a collection of mostly Steel-, Electric-, and Psychic-type Pokémon who came into the village with promises of efficiency and progress. They're trying to commandeer the local guild to make it better than ever with their genius inventions. For example, their Klinklang lieutenant has a machine that grinds fruit into edible paste at incredible rates, allowing the former chefs to take part in mystery dungeon crawls. The Porygon2 lieutenant can run calculations to determine which guild members are most fitted for certain dungeons. Their leader is a very aloof and frustratingly charming Rotom who is always trying to convince the guildmaster to switch to their systems.

Job #6: Obstagoon

I just wanted to include a Gen VIII Pokémon here. Plus the more aggressive attitude makes room for a more active kind of guildmaster!
Which submission would you rather have and why for Evil Team/Guildmaster

Out first dungeon will be Stump Glade Hideout, and out name for this thread Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Deep Hunters/Mystic Hunters, due to the two versions there could be some story beats that are esclusive to each version

Now I want voting to be quick as my next jobs require these characters to be established so we can create our first story beats

Job 6
Discussion, how is this thread going, what trio would you pick as playable characters from out current roster

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay I dont know if I was clear on the current task, but currently we need to vote on who's evil team and guildmaster would be included in this thread
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Team Spunk and Guildmaster G-Darmanitan and Blissey with Cramorant and Abra

Dan Quixote Dan Quixote
Team Tech and Guildmaster Obstagoon

Pokelego999 Pokelego999
Aggron Gang and Guildmaster Venomoth and Meganium with assistant Combee

We cant really continue our job until there is a winner in the votes as the next job will revolve around story stuff, so we need to vote for which one we would want and why

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Since no one voted for a day I decided to spin a wheel
Screenshot_20220119-155957_Chrome.jpg

Our winner will be Team Spunk and our guildmaster will be Galarain Darmanitan and Blissey with chef Cramorant and mailgirl Abra

Job 7
Use the new story beats to create the first part of the story
Referencing the first dungeon, personalities of the partners, evil team, and gulmasters try and come up with a first part to the story
Dratini
Machop
Sphinx

Siblings

Job 3:
Dungeon Name: Stump Glade Hideout
Floors: 4
Enviroment: A hollowed out tree stump hideout
Description: As you first wake up you find yourself in a hollowed out tree stump over a creek, this creek is home to many different bug type Pokemon, all ruled under a bully of a Beedrill ruling a secret crime ring, this Beedrill stole various fruits and veggies of the village down the way in the starting town and the two allies you will meet attempt to "liberate" these produce before finding you sleeping in a creek, you decide to team up and defeat the Beedrill boss.
Enemies:
Weedle: String Shot
Kakuna: Harden, Tackle
Dottler: Confuse Ray
Scatterbug: Bug Bite
Spewpa: Powder
(Boss) Beedrill: Poison Sting, Twin Needle, Bug Bite

Job 4:
Pokemon Myster Dungeons: Mystic Hunters and Deep Hunters (like the name)

View attachment 343029View attachment 343030

Team Spunk

Members:

Guildmasters

Job 8
Submit 2 new possible playable characters
Submit 2 new pokemon for possible playable character treatment like Dratini and Shinx before it

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Since no one voted for a day I decided to spin a wheel
View attachment 343225
Our winner will be Team Spunk and our guildmaster will be Galarain Darmanitan and Blissey with chef Cramorant and mailgirl Abra

Job 7
Use the new story beats to create the first part of the story
Referencing the first dungeon, personalities of the partners, evil team, and gulmasters try and come up with a first part to the story

Job 8
Submit 2 new possible playable characters
Submit 2 new pokemon for possible playable character treatment like Dratini and Shinx before it, no Gen 1 or 4 Pokemon
I'll submit Job 7 later, but I'll resubmit my old suggestions for Job 8.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Porygon
Porygon is underated in my opnion and needs more love, especially since it dosnt have any anime appearances outside the one banned episode

Ralts
Iconic Gen 3 Psychic Type, what it lacks in speed it makes up for in Psychic and Fairy Type coverage

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job #7: PMD Reversal

Well if the rival team isn't malicious or anything, then the first driving force of the plot must come from an external source! I said something earlier about keeping the human-turned-into-Pokémon plotline, but I came up with a neat spin on it. Perhaps a mysterious stranger comes to town who claims to be a human who's been turned into a Pokémon, and that causes a frenzy among the residents of town who have these preconceptions about humans from myths.

Job #8: Fletchling and Hoppip

These two are cool and spread out our typing a bit to include some Flying-types, plus they're cute.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job #7: PMD Reversal

Well if the rival team isn't malicious or anything, then the first driving force of the plot must come from an external source! I said something earlier about keeping the human-turned-into-Pokémon plotline, but I came up with a neat spin on it. Perhaps a mysterious stranger comes to town who claims to be a human who's been turned into a Pokémon, and that causes a frenzy among the residents of town who have these preconceptions about humans from myths.

Job #8: Fletchling and Hoppip

These two are cool and spread out our typing a bit to include some Flying-types, plus they're cute.
There not the nicest induviduals but at first they arnt the most nicest of induviduals, but that's mainly because they are misguided due to there guildmaster, due to this they have some not so heroic qualities but ae the story goes on they become nicer and some members even help you out later

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The two siblings that become your partners got captured by Beedrill's croneys due to wating to investigate and take down the syndicate in an attempt to become recognized as heroes

Maybe the Beedrill you have to face is actually an outlaw, a major outlaw at that, and when you take down Beedrill he tries to go for a final blow before Team Spunk's s Weavile takes it down, after all said and done Orbeetle berates you for getting lost and captured but from the distance G-Darmanitan sees potential in the trio and notcing you are not from these parts decides to take all three in as part of his guild, the trio is guided by G-Darmanitan on the basics of how to explore the many traps of mystery dungeons, with this you can learn all the tricks and traps of these mystery dungeons, then Blissey gets a telegram from Abra, it's an SOS from a group of miners in the southern most cave of the nearby town, so G-Darmanitan decides to test you by having you save the miners in the cave, starting the 2nd dungeon

Anything I should add???

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
In this intro, the two siblings are wandering around the woods, but are kidnapped by two Weedle for accidentally trespassing. Suddenly, the player appears from a bush very confused, going through the generic "I'm a Pokemon" shtick, allowing one sibling to get away while the other is kidnapped. The player follows, and the sibling asks for help to rescue the other. The player begrudgingly teams up due to the situation, acting as a tutorial for how the partner works. The two rescue the second sibling from Weedle, and continue going, acting as a tutorial for having two partners. The group eventually bump into Beedrill on accident, and after a fight (first boss) have him at the ropes, until he calls reinforcements. The group is saved by Darmanitan, and he takes them back to the guild. Darmanitan initially seems furious, but instead wants them to join the Guild for their handling of Beedrill. After a bit of debate, the group joins, and the player is still pondering how this all happened. They rest up for the night as the guild trials are tomorrow, as the player is seized by a bad dream, with a voice warning of impending destruction.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Is it that possible to combine all the ideas? One of them is about the player character being a human and the other is about a secondary character being the human.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok let me try my hand at fusing these

A mysterious stranger appears in town, claiming to be a human turned Pokemon, sending the town into a frenzy. Two siblings who don't really want to get involved in the massive debate being stirred up amongst the town's residents decide to go into the woods, sneaking past the guards who guard the entrance while they're arguing. The first sibling is captured by the two Weedle, and the player rolls out of a bush confused. They team up with the sibling to rescue the first one. They eventually rescue the second sibling, but on their way out, Beedrill, who has taken over the hive along with his cronies, attempts to stop them. They nearly have him at the ropes, but as he summons reinforcements, Darmanitan saves them, whilst Team Spunk handle the reinforcements. Orbeetle berates them, but Darmanitan decides to take them in as Explorers due the good work they put in, much to the Team's chagrin. The group is lead out, as Darmanitan prepares to show them the ropes the next day. The three sleep in the Guild, as the player decides to hide their identity as a human in order to figure out for themselves what happened to them.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok let me try my hand at fusing these

That would be a good story summary, I'll use that

Anyway voting for the next two partner pokemon will be starting

Eevee
Riolu
Hoppip
Fletchling
Porygon
Ralts
Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in second or third place

Job 8
Create the 2nd Dungeon
Continuing from where the story summary gets off create what the 2nd dungeon will be, describe what possible story importance this location has, use the template below

Dungeon Name:

Job 9
Submit the first town
After the first story beats you gain access to the first town, describe what landmarks, people, and businesses this town has, it should be noted that the entrance to the 2nd dungeon will be located here

Top Bottom