• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Masters |OT| Gotta Gatcha Em All!

D

Deleted member

It's a Gacha and It's Pokemon so figured it deserved a thread being it's gonna come out in 3 days. Anyone else gonna play this here?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've been playing it. Could not max out Mewtwo with all the grinding involved, but I managed to get the Winter Rosa and Siebold units.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only just now noticed this thread. lol

Am currently in the middle of Zinnia/Rayquaza grinding. Got everything on her maxed out except for 13/20 potential increases. Not as easy as Solgaleo but no where near as frustrating as Mewtwo.

Am also hoping to max out all of my strikers by the end of this event so I can put all of my effort towards Tech/Supports. Will probably skip the Kukui event as Olivia more than enough for grinding and since Steven is coming soon.

We're just about at the 6 months mark and still only one Fairy type in the game. So much for Valentines Day.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Finished maxing out Rayquaza because Olivia and Brock easily dominates this one. Didn't bother getting Kukui as I already wasted enough money just to get Ethan and Leaf.

Currently grinding for Gym Leader Notes and Elite Four Notes as those are the most annoying ones to get enough of for maxing out levels.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like it'll be a busy week. Grass Training, Steven, and what is obviously Professor Oak.

What's particularly interesting is the Pokemon Oak will be paired with and their moveset, which has leaked early:

Looks like Mew will be the first Mythical Event as well as the first 3 Star Event Sync.

Can buff Speed, Special Attack + another randomized stat, and has a boost to super effective attacks and can lower a random stat on the opponent. But what's the most interesting is that their Passive Skills, after a Sync Move, part their moveset gets randomized. I don't know why you would unlock the random lower stat skill unless it's pre-unlocked/mandatory?

This mon is either going to be broken or unusable. lol

Finished buffing Zinnia and have unlocked the level caps for all of my Strikers. Once I'm done with Grass Training, it'll be back to grinding the Zinnia event to prepare for Steven.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and misread the description of one of the passive skills. This pair is going to be good.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looks like it'll be a busy week. Grass Training, Steven, and what is obviously Professor Oak.

What's particularly interesting is the Pokemon Oak will be paired with and their moveset, which has leaked early:

Looks like Mew will be the first Mythical Event as well as the first 3 Star Event Sync.

Can buff Speed, Special Attack + another randomized stat, and has a boost to super effective attacks. But what's the most interesting is that their Passive Skills randomly lower a stat after a successful attack and, after a Sync Move, part their moveset gets randomized. I don't know why you would unlock the random lower stat skill unless it's pre-unlocked/mandatory?

This mon is either going to be broken or unusable. lol

Finished buffing Zinnia and have unlocked the level caps for all of my Strikers. Once I'm done with Grass Training, it'll be back to grinding the Zinnia event to prepare for Steven.
That sounds absolutely wild to have. Sounds fun though.

Anyway I know Steven is coming but I put 6000 out of 8000 gems in and got Brendan who I really wanted.

should be able to get 4000 or so gems for Steven before he releases and after that we’ll see. Hoping to get lucky.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No luck with getting Steven...though I did get Kukui and Lyra. Will probably try again once I build up more Gems.

Professor Oak seems like a lot of fun, though powering him up seems like it'll take a while. Probably won't even start on Steven stuff until I finish with him. I'm glad he uses regular notes for powering up and has his sync Grid from the get go.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No luck with getting Steven...though I did get Kukui and Lyra. Will probably try again once I build up more Gems.

Professor Oak seems like a lot of fun, though powering him up seems like it'll take a while. Probably won't even start on Steven stuff until I finish with him. I'm glad he uses regular notes for powering up and has his sync Grid from the get go.
I managed to get Steven with his story orbs. I liked the chapter, the interactions between him and Wallace were great. It also feels like it’s setting up a story where leon and Steven fight which would be pretty cool.

Oak looks really fun though. Also the fact red spoke by just emoting was kinda of funny

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got lucky with another 600 gems and was able to get Steven. Time to save up again. :)

The Steven event is definitely annoying as there's no truly good auto team as Mewtwo will rarely use Shadow Ball. >_>

I have seen some decent set ups with Solgaleo, Sceptile, and Mewtwo. Despite being a Steel based event, Koga is surprisingly effective thanks to Poison Fang toxic damage building up quickly and high evasion.

Having a team of Oak, Torchic, and Rosa in Ultra Hard Striker is a good way to earn Sync Grid orbs for Oak and completing the Sync Move missions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got lucky with another 600 gems and was able to get Steven. Time to save up again. :)

The Steven event is definitely annoying as there's no truly good auto team as Mewtwo will rarely use Shadow Ball. >_>

I have seen some decent set ups with Solgaleo, Sceptile, and Mewtwo. Despite being a Steel based event, Koga is surprisingly effective thanks to Poison Fang toxic damage building up quickly and high evasion.

Having a team of Oak, Torchic, and Rosa in Ultra Hard Striker is a good way to earn Sync Grid orbs for Oak and completing the Sync Move missions.
I’ve been using phoebe Giovanni and Oak. It uses works but mewtwo not shadow balling makes it a little tricky. Been doing decent though and got all the missions done

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want Steven but I can't justify pulling when I'm at 31k gems and so close to a pull on points... I have a maxxed Solgaleo so not the end of the world, but man I love Steven.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want Steven but I can't justify pulling when I'm at 31k gems and so close to a pull on points... I have a maxxed Solgaleo so not the end of the world, but man I love Steven.
Who you saving points for?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finished the daily mission grind to max out Pikachu at long last. Only got one more 3 Star Power Up to grind for before being able to call it quits on Steven.

Hooray it looks like after 6 months we're finally getting another Fairy Type user with Valerie. The new update also confirms Mewtwo will receive a re-run in March with the grinding being re-balanced thank heavens. Wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo's Sync Grid gets unlocked as well.

Also the game got data mined again for a few new sync pairs and re-confirming some previously known ones through marketing, well as potentially the new best character in the game:

Valerie & Sylveon 4* (Story)
Red & Charizard 5* (Poke Fair)
Elesa (Sygna Suit) & Rotom 5*
Sabrina & Alakazam 5*
Fantina & Mismagius 5*
Battle Villa stuff - there might be items to use in battle
Hau & Acerola will be the next story pairs to get their Sync Moves leveled up in events.
Pretty much everyone except for Torchic will gain the ability to evolve soon, which in turn means Sync Move buffs.

Red is looking to be the best character/striker in the game. No joke. Can buff his Crit as well as +3 Sp Attack & Speed at the cost of -1 Def/Sp Def. His Sync Move ALSO increases his Crit +1. His passives allow moves to NEVER MISS, has a 10% change to reduce the sync move countdown, a 40% to refresh 1 gauge bar. Has Heat Wave for an AoE, as well as Blast Burn (4 Bars), and Flare Blitz once Mega Evolved. Seems to have high stats too. Weak to Rock.

Sabrina is a support type and can Mega Evolve. Can raise the team's Crit, set up Reflect, and can increase an ally's Special +3/Accuracy +1 & heal. Also gains +1 speed upon entering battle. Weak to Dark.

Elesa is a support type. Can raise the team's Sp Attack and can reduce the sync move countdown of an ally by 2 as well as +1 Accuracy/Crit (+2 Crit if the Sync Buff is in play). Her evasiveness also increases each time she is hit and it cannot be lowered. Weak to Dark.

Fantina is a striker type. Can buff her Sp Attack, and can add +3 to gauge/+1 Crit. Her passives increase her power based on how much HP she has left, and when she faints it causes all opponents to lose -2 Attack/Sp Attack. Weak to Dark. Too bad she didn't come out in time for the Steven event...

Valerie is striker type. Has Disarming Voice/Draining Kiss. Can increase her Sp Attack, and +2 Sp Def/Speed. Her passives increase her power based on how much HP she has left. Is weak to Poison.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New trailer is here. Eggs are coming, Wally, Dawn, and Lillie are new sync pairs. Leaf and Blue have pretty great alts. Ho-oh is the next event and looks like Morty comes with it too:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was able to get Red after spending 24k gems and, ironically Elesa in only 200 gems. First time I've paid money in a Free2Play game, but given how much time I've played it and comparing it's strengths to SwSh, I don't mind too much. Sabrina & Fantina won't be high priorities, though I would love to have another good supporter & a proper Ghost striker.

Beat the Battle Villa with a few days to spare and am nearing the end of the current event. Was able to get Dauntless Brandon (1st try!) and Power Flux 3 Red.

I have all of my Sync Pairs fully leveled up, so most of my effort now is grinding out gears. I have thus far maxed out Grass, Fire, Dragon, and Psychic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looks like our next sync pair leaked

for anyone who doesn’t know who that is, it’s:
Catlin’s butler who you fight instead of her in Platinum

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have a feeling that it'll be another Mallow or Wallace situation, where they appear but aren't obtainable yet. It'll be interesting to see which Pokémon he's partnered with.

Hopefully we get an update soon. Have been holding on to my Gems since Red was released.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Happy to see the Sync Grids for those characters, they definitely needed them. Am almost done grinding Steven, so I'll probably call it quits once I finish with him and save for later.

Skyla will probably overtake Pikachu as a healer. Korrina has a simple gameplan with Close Combat spam, anything to help that is welcome. Cynthia is unexpected but welcome; watch her NOT have a sandstorm damage tile. lol

Ho-oh is looking solid, though it'll probably need some help with set up to be useful pre-sync move. Am curious about it's stats, but I don't expect it to overtake Red as best Fire type. I finished grinding for all currently available 2* Gear so I'm ready to grind for power ups.

Jasmine could be interesting with her ability to block crits/stat lowering effects. She'll probably be a good teammate for Red. She's a childhood waifu so I'm glad I saved my gems last month. Embarrass

Wally is looking pretty good, at least without looking at stats. Being able to boost Attack/Special Attack/Accuracy is cool, assuming Focus Blast is as powerful as Solgaleo's. His passive is interesting on paper, though he'll have to have some bulk to use it. More fighting types are nice.

Wallace I have no idea about aside from Whirlpool spam given his interesting passives. If he has some bulk outside of his Sync Move, I can see him being really annoying.

No idea what Egg I'll go for. Probably Bulbasaur or Squirtle. If you have Red, it's a tad harder to justify another Fire type.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Happy to see the Sync Grids for those characters, they definitely needed them. Am almost done grinding Steven, so I'll probably call it quits once I finish with him and save for later.

Skyla will probably overtake Pikachu as a healer. Korrina has a simple gameplan with Close Combat spam, anything to help that is welcome. Cynthia is unexpected but welcome; watch her NOT have a sandstorm damage tile. lol

Ho-oh is looking solid, though it'll probably need some help with set up to be useful pre-sync move. Am curious about it's stats, but I don't expect it to overtake Red as best Fire type. I finished grinding for all currently available 2* Gear so I'm ready to grind for power ups.

Jasmine could be interesting with her ability to block crits/stat lowering effects. She'll probably be a good teammate for Red. She's a childhood waifu so I'm glad I saved my gems last month. Embarrass

Wally is looking pretty good, at least without looking at stats. Being able to boost Attack/Special Attack/Accuracy is cool, assuming Focus Blast is as powerful as Solgaleo's. His passive is interesting on paper, though he'll have to have some bulk to use it. More fighting types are nice.

Wallace I have no idea about aside from Whirlpool spam given his interesting passives. If he has some bulk outside of his Sync Move, I can see him being really annoying.

No idea what Egg I'll go for. Probably Bulbasaur or Squirtle. If you have Red, it's a tad harder to justify another Fire type.
A lot of people are saying squirtle looks best. The eggs also evolve so that’s worth considering. I went for blastoise and it’s stats aren’t too shabby. With power ups it could be pretty good

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got lucky and was able to pull Wallace twice in 6000 gems (twice with my second 10 pull). :sheep:

Not sure what to make of the Ho-Oh event. It's nice to get extra rewards, but the randomness of the Prize Box system is kind of annoying. Since Ho-Oh can't be powered up for free like the other Legendary Pokemon, I don't see myself spending too much time on it when Red exists.

Ultra Hard Ho-Oh is brutal. Was barely able to get a win using Wallace, 4* Cheryl, and 4* Oak with Max Grid. Mew doesn't hit the hardest, but it's able to survive for a long time. Will be auto-grinding Hard with Kris for the rest of this event/till I obtain Ho-Oh.

:250:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got lucky and was able to pull Wallace twice in 6000 gems (twice with my second 10 pull). :sheep:

Not sure what to make of the Ho-Oh event. It's nice to get extra rewards, but the randomness of the Prize Box system is kind of annoying. Since Ho-Oh can't be powered up for free like the other Legendary Pokemon, I don't see myself spending too much time on it when Red exists.

Ultra Hard Ho-Oh is brutal. Was barely able to get a win using Wallace, 4* Cheryl, and 4* Oak with Max Grid. Mew doesn't hit the hardest, but it's able to survive for a long time. Will be auto-grinding Hard with Kris for the rest of this event/till I obtain Ho-Oh.

:250:
Nice I got Wallace in my first 10 summon too. Which is great as I Gems for Wally now.
And super and Ultra hard is pretty tough. That sun makes water types very hard to use

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Blew all my Gems pulling for 3/5 Cynthia. Sadly I only got 2/5 for her, but I did also pull Grimsley/Plumeria and got copies of Leaf/Lyra/Brandon/Kukui. Got Oak to 5* as well.

Probably won't get Wally, so I'm hoping Korrina can suffice for now once she gets her Sync Grid + 3* Strike Candy coming this week. Unless I feel like going for the 400 scout points on Cynthia, I will probably save my Gems (I think we'll get around 10k over the next three weeks) for Jasmine.

No idea who I'll use the 5* Strike candy on. All of the Poke Fair units with Sync Grids are really tempting.

4* Strike candy on Hau or Valerie probably. Hau because he's the best Electric (probably) + has a Sync Grid. Valerie maybe because of Fairy weaknesses in the Villa now and that Fairy Training seems FAR FAR away in the future.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Blew all my Gems pulling for 3/5 Cynthia. Sadly I only got 2/5 for her, but I did also pull Grimsley/Plumeria and got copies of Leaf/Lyra/Brandon/Kukui. Got Oak to 5* as well.

Probably won't get Wally, so I'm hoping Korrina can suffice for now once she gets her Sync Grid + 3* Strike Candy coming this week. Unless I feel like going for the 400 scout points on Cynthia, I will probably save my Gems (I think we'll get around 10k over the next three weeks) for Jasmine.

No idea who I'll use the 5* Strike candy on. All of the Poke Fair units with Sync Grids are really tempting.

4* Strike candy on Hau or Valerie probably. Hau because he's the best Electric (probably) + has a Sync Grid. Valerie maybe because of Fairy weaknesses in the Villa now and that Fairy Training seems FAR FAR away in the future.
Is Cynthias grid won’t decking out? I haven’t looked at it yet

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is Cynthias grid won’t decking out? I haven’t looked at it yet
Take with a grain of salt as I'm not a diehard person who calculates.

Short Answer: Top 3 in the game/under certain conditions can deal out more damage than Red.

With sandstorm up she can:
  • Restore her HP when taking an action.
  • Her Special Defense goes up 50% (is already bulkier than Red even before My Destiny)
  • Attack power goes up. (3/5 only, is available as a Lucky Skill though)
  • Move gauge fills faster.
  • Not grid related, but This Match is Too fun doubles it's boosts.
Since Surging Sand/Sand Shelter are now apart of her grid, that also potentially frees up her Lucky Skill slot for stuff like Critical Stike 2 or Power Flux 3. There's also other abilities such as Ramming Speed (increased speed = attack boost) & Sharp Entry 1 (auto boosts Crit when entering battle).

Acerola also has some solid boosts with her Sync Grid (team boosts when using Sandstorm/increased flinching). I've seen people recommend Drake as support as he's great for increasing bulk (which Acerola needs/gets attack boosts from) and keeping the move gauge filled.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Take with a grain of salt as I'm not a diehard person who calculates.

Short Answer: Top 3 in the game/under certain conditions can deal out more damage than Red.

With sandstorm up she can:
  • Restore her HP when taking an action.
  • Her Special Defense goes up 50% (is already bulkier than Red even before My Destiny)
  • Attack power goes up. (3/5 only, is available as a Lucky Skill though)
  • Move gauge fills faster.
  • Not grid related, but This Match is Too fun doubles it's boosts.
Since Surging Sand/Sand Shelter are now apart of her grid, that also potentially frees up her Lucky Skill slot for stuff like Critical Stike 2 or Power Flux 3. There's also other abilities such as Ramming Speed (increased speed = attack boost) & Sharp Entry 1 (auto boosts Crit when entering battle).

Acerola also has some solid boosts with her Sync Grid (team boosts when using Sandstorm/increased flinching). I've seen people recommend Drake as support as he's great for increasing bulk (which Acerola needs/gets attack boosts from) and keeping the move gauge filled.
Thanks for the guide. Looked at other sync grid builds too and I wound up deciding to pull for two more copies. I went for the premium hitters in the bottom part mostly but I skipped surging sand for a lucky skill of it.

This allowed me to made out EQ damage more so with those buffs and running her with supports she should do well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got Wally and my first Fantina in my first X10 Simmons!
F808EF95-A23E-4A0D-BADB-CCA4549E2340.png

Pretty good! Going to save for either a Guzma rerrun or the sygna suit alts

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally pulled Jasmine after 21k gems. Time to debate about going for 3/5 or saving my gems/money for the upcoming Steven fair or SS Grimsley (assuming he's still event only). Also an avatar change for fun.

Didn't get too bad of a haul at least while pulling for her. Got 5/5 for Brandon & Olivia, and dups of Lyra/SS Elesa/Kukui/Glacia/Phoebe/Hilda//Caitlin/Ethan. Got Skyla to 5* as well.

Blissful Bonanza was great. Was able to get Vigilance on Skyla/SS Elesa, Critical Strike 2 for Blue, Power Flux 3 for Korrina/Plumeria/Elesa, and Enlightenment 9 for Wallace/Oak. Not perfect, but good enough until I finish unlocking skills for my remaining 5 Stars.

Dawn seems okay, but we already have several Grass Supports so she isn't a must pull IMO, though she doesn't seem like a bad tank. SS Grimsley I have no idea what to make of given his gimmick. Burgh, from what I've heard, is basically a better Bug type Fantina.

Misty's Sync Grid is coming so saving orbs now might not be a good idea as her grid looks great. RIP Barry (I like his theme song though).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It took a lot of resets but I finally beat Entei in under 12 units to finish the current Legendary Arena. Can confirm that for most players your best bet will be the Flinch Team: Crasher Wake, Acerola (Grid), and Skyla (Grid).

It's honestly kind of cool to see niche units such as Crasher Wake & Barry get their time to shine. Once you start getting Sync Move multipliers going it's hilarious to see the damage you can output. Sleep teams such Agatha & Ramos are also cool to see in action even though they require spot on timing. Caitlin also has some fun niches being immune to Burn/Traps, can self heal, and block weather hazards.

Hopefully though they nerf the next Arena slightly. Entei getting screen nukes that can 100% burn your entire team is a tad overkill IMO; though if I had to suggest a nerf it'd be to increase the sync countdown slightly to 5-6. Hopefully we can also get a few more units soon that can set weather, Lucky Skills that increase Special Attack/decrease Special Defense, or support units that can help with status effects.

:244:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Surprised this hasn't been bumped with the new data mining updates.

Serena might be the new best unit in the game. AOE sleep is pretty broken, especially on a unit that can also buff their accuracy. Not to mention she can rack up damage with Fire Spin, randomly drain an opponent's stat/buff herself, and with all of the multipliers she gets she potentially hits harder than Red/Cynthia. If it wasn't for Red existing and the Anniversary coming up, she'd be a MUST pull unit for most players. She's basically a Fire type Darkrai.

Will probably wait to see how tough the new Legendary Arena featuring Cobalion is before pulling for her. If Red/flinch teams can handle it, it may be better to save. At least she lasts three weeks instead of two. Hilda's also getting her grid, so she'll soon have a solid niche as tank, healer, and physical Fire striker.

Morty seems decent aside from having the wrong Pokemon. A physical (mixed) Ghost striker does give him a niche but probably not a must pull. Having the Benefactor ability is nice for co-op given his many self buffs and Phantom Force could be an interesting stall tactic depending on how it works in Single Player

Lucy potentially seems like a better Koga (not that he looses his niche of being uber fast, also is getting his grid). Hitting harder, being more bulky, and being able to badly poison, trap, and self heal is fantastic. It's also nice that there is FINALLY a new non-5* gacha unit even though that means she's probably not worth purposely pulling for.

Jessie is a nice surprise; I guess they're saving James for later? Always nice to get another F2P unit, though she doesn't seem particularly great.

None of the Egg Pokemon seem great but is an interesting mechanic. I have had no luck in getting an egg with all three passives, let alone shiny Tauros. Hopefully eggs for the Kanto starters will be made available again soon for Dex completionists.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just beat Cobalion surprisingly. I thought this would be a LOT harder based on Entei and that Cobalion gets Sleep/Burn immunity after a couple of turns.

Sync Grid Flannery was the Crasher Wake of this arena. Burn Synergy was huge especially when mixed with Critical Strike passives/grid. Was only able to take out about half of it's bars with her/Acerola/Skyla and I wasn't terribly lucky with Skyla healing. Agatha/Red/Jasmine were able to get it down to 2%, while Blaine/Silver/Phoebe cleaned up.

Being able to manage status moves is the key as Cobalion will take half damage if it's not effected by anything. Koga might be a good unit to experiment with especially with his grid coming out. Sync Grid Pikachu might also be good as Skyla is weak to Stone Edge. Sabrina might also be good due to Reflect.

Guess I didn't need to waste most of 18k gems trying and failing to pull for Serena (got Guzma & a Leaf duplicate though)....Time to save for the Anniversary I guess. I did hear she's fantastic for this arena though. Sleep + Overheat is great especially with her Sync move having higher BP due to not Mega Evolving unlike Red.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just beat Cobalion surprisingly. I thought this would be a LOT harder based on Entei and that Cobalion gets Sleep/Burn immunity after a couple of turns.

Sync Grid Flannery was the Crasher Wake of this arena. Burn Synergy was huge especially when mixed with Critical Strike passives/grid. Was only able to take out about half of it's bars with her/Acerola/Skyla and I wasn't terribly lucky with Skyla healing. Agatha/Red/Jasmine were able to get it down to 2%, while Blaine/Silver/Phoebe cleaned up.

Being able to manage status moves is the key as Cobalion will take half damage if it's not effected by anything. Koga might be a good unit to experiment with especially with his grid coming out. Sync Grid Pikachu might also be good as Skyla is weak to Stone Edge. Sabrina might also be good due to Reflect.

Guess I didn't need to waste most of 18k gems trying and failing to pull for Serena (got Guzma & a Leaf duplicate though)....Time to save for the Anniversary I guess. I did hear she's fantastic for this arena though. Sleep + Overheat is great especially with her Sync move having higher BP due to not Mega Evolving unlike Red.
I finally beat it today. I used Pikachu with potion and paralysis build, Flannery with the sync move nuke build, and Jasmine to tank hits.

The sync move from Flannery was great, helped me get to 40 percent down on the second bar after beating the first.

Then using Ramos, Sabrina, and Red, Red was able to nuke down Cobalion to 20 percent in the last bar. Which i finished by setting Ethan up to eruption sweep the remainder of its health.

The biggest Irony was when finally after using all other gems up until that point, the 300 gems that I got for beating it with 12 or less sync pairs, finally got me Serena.

Which is still nice though. With the Battle Villa gems and gems from the new event, I’ll be off to a good start in saving some again for the anniversary.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No luck at 15k for Summer Lyra (did one daily pull for Steven). Got Wally at least and duplicates of Plumeria, Wallace, and Jasmine(!). :drshrug:

Not really interested in SS Cynthia. Maybe if she was a fighting type unit, but in terms of Dragon units both Lance & Iris (Grid) got it covered. Also seems more likely that she'll be re-run than seasonal units.

Will probably keep trying to get them until the banner is over; Lyra gets priority as Fairy types are scarce and both the upcoming Legendary Event/Arena bosses are weak to her. Steven is awesome but requires a lot of work vs. Pryce (who isn't nearly as good, but serviceable). Still waiting for Fairy type Diantha...

Definitely use the 3* Support Candy on Skyla so she can officially become OP with TWO Potion MP Refreshes and adding the flinch status to Gust (at 3/5). I've heard Koga is worth using for the 4* Tech Candy so you can get Sp. Def drops with Venoshock and additional Toxic Power boosts (at 3/5).

IDK if I'll regret blowing Gems before the Anniversary, but I get the feeling that whatever is run is more likely to return than Seasonal Units. If it is SS Blue/Leaf I think there are enough Water/Grass types to fill the void as well. Betting on a SS Red & Professor Oak re-run with a story update, Gem specials, and at least a 5* candy or two.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No luck at 15k for Summer Lyra (did one daily pull for Steven). Got Wally at least and duplicates of Plumeria, Wallace, and Jasmine(!). :drshrug:

Not really interested in SS Cynthia. Maybe if she was a fighting type unit, but in terms of Dragon units both Lance & Iris (Grid) got it covered. Also seems more likely that she'll be re-run than seasonal units.

Will probably keep trying to get them until the banner is over; Lyra gets priority as Fairy types are scarce and both the upcoming Legendary Event/Arena bosses are weak to her. Steven is awesome but requires a lot of work vs. Pryce (who isn't nearly as good, but serviceable). Still waiting for Fairy type Diantha...

Definitely use the 3* Support Candy on Skyla so she can officially become OP with TWO Potion MP Refreshes and adding the flinch status to Gust (at 3/5). I've heard Koga is worth using for the 4* Tech Candy so you can get Sp. Def drops with Venoshock and additional Toxic Power boosts (at 3/5).

IDK if I'll regret blowing Gems before the Anniversary, but I get the feeling that whatever is run is more likely to return than Seasonal Units. If it is SS Blue/Leaf I think there are enough Water/Grass types to fill the void as well. Betting on a SS Red & Professor Oak re-run with a story update, Gem specials, and at least a 5* candy or two.
Good luck on Lyra. My luck was kinda of crazy on here banner as this was my second X10 pull:
00193ACC-7A8A-4543-873C-B20B49A24C1C.png

And Koga looks very worth going for a full grid. His evasion stack can let him live
Pretty long and the poison combo with venoshock is strong.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was able to get Summer Steven in 8 daily pulls, but I had to do some whaling but I finally got Summer Lyra. But at least I got dups of Wally, Kris (2), Phoebe and Karen. Ironically I got Kris, Kris, and Karen in a set of single pulls. LMAO

Finally maxed out all 3 gears for each type. so I'm all set. Left my phone on auto while at work.

Only got Shiny Scyther during the Bug event. Have been able to get Shiny Kabuto thus far for the Rock event.

Stamina was interesting at first glance, but now that we have two events running together it's definitely showing it's problematic side. I legit feel bad for new players who can't multitask now. DENA really needs to reduce stamina costs (why do all the event difficulties cost the same?!) and speed up recovery.

SS Cynthia is looking a lot better in hindsight, especially for the upcoming Latios Legendary Arena, but I'm still slightly skeptical given Lance, Iris, and now Palkia. Will probably Daily Pull her for now. Was able to beat the Full Force Battles for Palkia using Lance/Rosa/Skyla handily; and Lance's grid comes out later this month too.

Not sure what to make of the 1st Anniversary Event. Training with Legends sounds like it'll include SS Blue/Leaf, though hopefully it won't be a shared banner, though I have a feeling it will be. For Family Ties I'd guess only Lillie will be added; fingers crossed that she's free like Professor Oak was.

With the Champions Stadium mode being weekly I'm hoping it'll be an easy way to Power Ups. If 6* characters are going to be a thing, it's going to be very very very difficult to obtain them. I myself don't have a single 5* at max yet; Cynthia at 11 is the closest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was able to get Summer Steven in 8 daily pulls, but I had to do some whaling but I finally got Summer Lyra. But at least I got dups of Wally, Kris (2), Phoebe and Karen. Ironically I got Kris, Kris, and Karen in a set of single pulls. LMAO

Finally maxed out all 3 gears for each type. so I'm all set. Left my phone on auto while at work.

Only got Shiny Scyther during the Bug event. Have been able to get Shiny Kabuto thus far for the Rock event.

Stamina was interesting at first glance, but now that we have two events running together it's definitely showing it's problematic side. I legit feel bad for new players who can't multitask now. DENA really needs to reduce stamina costs (why do all the event difficulties cost the same?!) and speed up recovery.

SS Cynthia is looking a lot better in hindsight, especially for the upcoming Latios Legendary Arena, but I'm still slightly skeptical given Lance, Iris, and now Palkia. Will probably Daily Pull her for now. Was able to beat the Full Force Battles for Palkia using Lance/Rosa/Skyla handily; and Lance's grid comes out later this month too.

Not sure what to make of the 1st Anniversary Event. Training with Legends sounds like it'll include SS Blue/Leaf, though hopefully it won't be a shared banner, though I have a feeling it will be. For Family Ties I'd guess only Lillie will be added; fingers crossed that she's free like Professor Oak was.

With the Champions Stadium mode being weekly I'm hoping it'll be an easy way to Power Ups. If 6* characters are going to be a thing, it's going to be very very very difficult to obtain them. I myself don't have a single 5* at max yet; Cynthia at 11 is the closest.
I couldn’t pull Steven at all so I’m trying for Cynthia right. The stamina really isn’t bad per say but you only get 200 refills of it a day and that’s worthless given both events going on right now being RNG based and requiring multiple run throughs. Hopefully we see a change come the new survey.As for 5 stars maxed out. I have every legendary fully invested in, Red at 20/20 and Lance at 20/20. Might have Cynthia but I don’t know off the top of my head.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I couldn’t pull Steven at all so I’m trying for Cynthia right. The stamina really isn’t bad per say but you only get 200 refills of it a day and that’s worthless given both events going on right now being RNG based and requiring multiple run throughs. Hopefully we see a change come the new survey.As for 5 stars maxed out. I have every legendary fully invested in, Red at 20/20 and Lance at 20/20. Might have Cynthia but I don’t know off the top of my head.
That 200 really only covers Sync Orbs, after that it's a waiting game or getting a level up. Am currently at Lvl 39 so it takes a while.

I think at this point I'm going to skip the rest of the rock training. Shiny Aerodactyl would be awesome, but not a sync pair I would use over Olivia. Kabuto with Sandstorm is the more important of the two.

You're doing better than me. I get too indecisive with 5* power ups and have them spread out. I still have yet to use my 5* strike candy from Ho-oh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That 200 really only covers Sync Orbs, after that it's a waiting game or getting a level up. Am currently at Lvl 39 so it takes a while.

I think at this point I'm going to skip the rest of the rock training. Shiny Aerodactyl would be awesome, but not a sync pair I would use over Olivia. Kabuto with Sandstorm is the more important of the two.

You're doing better than me. I get too indecisive with 5* power ups and have them spread out. I still have yet to use my 5* strike candy from Ho-oh.
I still don’t have any shiny from this event. Only shiny I have is scyther which was pretty cool. I want the kabuto but I’m hatching arrow and geodude more.

I had a few five star powerups scattered about but I tried to finish off those units before adding more. I have no idea who to max out next. Right not I’m just focused on getting scythed to five star then I’ll probably max him out at five star too.

Top Bottom