Pokemon Masters |OT| Gotta Gatcha Em All!

Kokonoe

Obey your Koko-senpai~

It's a Gacha and It's Pokemon so figured it deserved a thread being it's gonna come out in 3 days. Anyone else gonna play this here?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've been playing it. Could not max out Mewtwo with all the grinding involved, but I managed to get the Winter Rosa and Siebold units.

---

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium
GRimer
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
NNID
TripleDash
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only just now noticed this thread. lol

Am currently in the middle of Zinnia/Rayquaza grinding. Got everything on her maxed out except for 13/20 potential increases. Not as easy as Solgaleo but no where near as frustrating as Mewtwo.

Am also hoping to max out all of my strikers by the end of this event so I can put all of my effort towards Tech/Supports. Will probably skip the Kukui event as Olivia more than enough for grinding and since Steven is coming soon.

We're just about at the 6 months mark and still only one Fairy type in the game. So much for Valentines Day.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Finished maxing out Rayquaza because Olivia and Brock easily dominates this one. Didn't bother getting Kukui as I already wasted enough money just to get Ethan and Leaf.

Currently grinding for Gym Leader Notes and Elite Four Notes as those are the most annoying ones to get enough of for maxing out levels.

---

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium
GRimer
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
NNID
TripleDash
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like it'll be a busy week. Grass Training, Steven, and what is obviously Professor Oak.

What's particularly interesting is the Pokemon Oak will be paired with and their moveset, which has leaked early:

Looks like Mew will be the first Mythical Event as well as the first 3 Star Event Sync.

Can buff Speed, Special Attack + another randomized stat, and has a boost to super effective attacks and can lower a random stat on the opponent. But what's the most interesting is that their Passive Skills, after a Sync Move, part their moveset gets randomized. I don't know why you would unlock the random lower stat skill unless it's pre-unlocked/mandatory?

This mon is either going to be broken or unusable. lol

Finished buffing Zinnia and have unlocked the level caps for all of my Strikers. Once I'm done with Grass Training, it'll be back to grinding the Zinnia event to prepare for Steven.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and misread the description of one of the passive skills. This pair is going to be good.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
Looks like it'll be a busy week. Grass Training, Steven, and what is obviously Professor Oak.

What's particularly interesting is the Pokemon Oak will be paired with and their moveset, which has leaked early:

Looks like Mew will be the first Mythical Event as well as the first 3 Star Event Sync.

Can buff Speed, Special Attack + another randomized stat, and has a boost to super effective attacks. But what's the most interesting is that their Passive Skills randomly lower a stat after a successful attack and, after a Sync Move, part their moveset gets randomized. I don't know why you would unlock the random lower stat skill unless it's pre-unlocked/mandatory?

This mon is either going to be broken or unusable. lol

Finished buffing Zinnia and have unlocked the level caps for all of my Strikers. Once I'm done with Grass Training, it'll be back to grinding the Zinnia event to prepare for Steven.
That sounds absolutely wild to have. Sounds fun though.

Anyway I know Steven is coming but I put 6000 out of 8000 gems in and got Brendan who I really wanted.

should be able to get 4000 or so gems for Steven before he releases and after that we’ll see. Hoping to get lucky.

---

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium
GRimer
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
NNID
TripleDash
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No luck with getting Steven...though I did get Kukui and Lyra. Will probably try again once I build up more Gems.

Professor Oak seems like a lot of fun, though powering him up seems like it'll take a while. Probably won't even start on Steven stuff until I finish with him. I'm glad he uses regular notes for powering up and has his sync Grid from the get go.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
No luck with getting Steven...though I did get Kukui and Lyra. Will probably try again once I build up more Gems.

Professor Oak seems like a lot of fun, though powering him up seems like it'll take a while. Probably won't even start on Steven stuff until I finish with him. I'm glad he uses regular notes for powering up and has his sync Grid from the get go.
I managed to get Steven with his story orbs. I liked the chapter, the interactions between him and Wallace were great. It also feels like it’s setting up a story where leon and Steven fight which would be pretty cool.

Oak looks really fun though. Also the fact red spoke by just emoting was kinda of funny

---

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium
GRimer
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
NNID
TripleDash
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got lucky with another 600 gems and was able to get Steven. Time to save up again. :)

The Steven event is definitely annoying as there's no truly good auto team as Mewtwo will rarely use Shadow Ball. >_>

I have seen some decent set ups with Solgaleo, Sceptile, and Mewtwo. Despite being a Steel based event, Koga is surprisingly effective thanks to Poison Fang toxic damage building up quickly and high evasion.

Having a team of Oak, Torchic, and Rosa in Ultra Hard Striker is a good way to earn Sync Grid orbs for Oak and completing the Sync Move missions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
Got lucky with another 600 gems and was able to get Steven. Time to save up again. :)

The Steven event is definitely annoying as there's no truly good auto team as Mewtwo will rarely use Shadow Ball. >_>

I have seen some decent set ups with Solgaleo, Sceptile, and Mewtwo. Despite being a Steel based event, Koga is surprisingly effective thanks to Poison Fang toxic damage building up quickly and high evasion.

Having a team of Oak, Torchic, and Rosa in Ultra Hard Striker is a good way to earn Sync Grid orbs for Oak and completing the Sync Move missions.
I’ve been using phoebe Giovanni and Oak. It uses works but mewtwo not shadow balling makes it a little tricky. Been doing decent though and got all the missions done

Dooplissity

BRoomer
GRimer
I want Steven but I can't justify pulling when I'm at 31k gems and so close to a pull on points... I have a maxxed Solgaleo so not the end of the world, but man I love Steven.

---

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium
GRimer
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
NNID
TripleDash
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finished the daily mission grind to max out Pikachu at long last. Only got one more 3 Star Power Up to grind for before being able to call it quits on Steven.

Hooray it looks like after 6 months we're finally getting another Fairy Type user with Valerie. The new update also confirms Mewtwo will receive a re-run in March with the grinding being re-balanced thank heavens. Wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo's Sync Grid gets unlocked as well.

Also the game got data mined again for a few new sync pairs and re-confirming some previously known ones through marketing, well as potentially the new best character in the game:

Valerie & Sylveon 4* (Story)
Red & Charizard 5* (Poke Fair)
Elesa (Sygna Suit) & Rotom 5*
Sabrina & Alakazam 5*
Fantina & Mismagius 5*
Battle Villa stuff - there might be items to use in battle
Hau & Acerola will be the next story pairs to get their Sync Moves leveled up in events.
Pretty much everyone except for Torchic will gain the ability to evolve soon, which in turn means Sync Move buffs.

Red is looking to be the best character/striker in the game. No joke. Can buff his Crit as well as +3 Sp Attack & Speed at the cost of -1 Def/Sp Def. His Sync Move ALSO increases his Crit +1. His passives allow moves to NEVER MISS, has a 10% change to reduce the sync move countdown, a 40% to refresh 1 gauge bar. Has Heat Wave for an AoE, as well as Blast Burn (4 Bars), and Flare Blitz once Mega Evolved. Seems to have high stats too. Weak to Rock.

Sabrina is a support type and can Mega Evolve. Can raise the team's Crit, set up Reflect, and can increase an ally's Special +3/Accuracy +1 & heal. Also gains +1 speed upon entering battle. Weak to Dark.

Elesa is a support type. Can raise the team's Sp Attack and can reduce the sync move countdown of an ally by 2 as well as +1 Accuracy/Crit (+2 Crit if the Sync Buff is in play). Her evasiveness also increases each time she is hit and it cannot be lowered. Weak to Dark.

Fantina is a striker type. Can buff her Sp Attack, and can add +3 to gauge/+1 Crit. Her passives increase her power based on how much HP she has left, and when she faints it causes all opponents to lose -2 Attack/Sp Attack. Weak to Dark. Too bad she didn't come out in time for the Steven event...

Valerie is striker type. Has Disarming Voice/Draining Kiss. Can increase her Sp Attack, and +2 Sp Def/Speed. Her passives increase her power based on how much HP she has left. Is weak to Poison.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
New trailer is here. Eggs are coming, Wally, Dawn, and Lillie are new sync pairs. Leaf and Blue have pretty great alts. Ho-oh is the next event and looks like Morty comes with it too: