• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Marble and Bronze: The Generation IX Creation Thread

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The first new Pokemon will come in a few hours, but I need to clear some rodent things up. Voting will go for another 7 or so hours

Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , you need to put your top two. The first one you mention has double points. Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and Freduardo Freduardo , your pokemon's base form needs to be mono-normal, and the evolved form must be part normal. Choose which type to eliminate.
get rid of grass and evolve to ground normal. Voles do the burrowing.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm gonna extend voting for another 12 hours. Not a lot of responces. In the meantime...

New Job: Submit the Regional Bird!
1630292846568.png

A pokemon in the same vein as Pidgey and Flechling. This Pokemon will have three forms in the end, but we're only doing the first two at the moment. The base form must be mono-flying or normal/flying, but the second form can introduce a new type. This round will be open for 48 hours.

For reference on how a submission can look, here's an example. bolded stuff is mandatory.

Pikachu, the Mouse Pokemon
Electric Type
(some sort of visual, either a text explanation or an illustration)

ability
moves

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm gonna extend voting for another 12 hours. Not a lot of responces. In the meantime...

New Job: Submit the Regional Bird!
View attachment 328323
A pokemon in the same vein as Pidgey and Flechling. This Pokemon will have three forms in the end, but we're only doing the first two at the moment. The base form must be mono-flying or normal/flying, but the second form can introduce a new type. This round will be open for 48 hours.

For reference on how a submission can look, here's an example. bolded stuff is mandatory.

Pikachu, the Mouse Pokemon
Electric Type
(some sort of visual, either a text explanation or an illustration)

ability
moves
Alrighty then, here's my submission. Note, I made this with three stages in mind, so if it seems incomplete, it's because we are only showing the first two forms today. Anywho...
1630340659568.png

This lighting is terrible
Diami, the Plumage Pokemon
Normal/Flying
Marble Entry:
Diami are often found near a water source. The nighttime is when they are most active, with their many shining feathers being christened by sailors as "Nature's Artificial Stars".
Bronze Entry:
Diami tend to nest near water sources in large flocks. Their plumage is bright enough to light up the night sky.
Diami's Base Stats:
HPAtkDefSp. AtkSp. DefSpe
Diami's Moveset:

1Peck
1Leer
6Water Gun
8Flash
10Quick Attack
12Take Down
14Wing Attack
20Water Pulse
24Feather Dance
27Reflect
27Light Screen
34Scald
37Tailwind
41Hurricane
44Waterfall
44Dive
47Thunder
51Brave Bird
55Hydro Pump
Abilities:
Dazzling, Keen Eye, Gulp Missile (Hidden)
1630341007461.png

Editing Note: The lighting makes it hard to see, but the stuff behind it's head are the tail feathers, and the two things sticking out from either side are the wings.
Diaoura, the Plumage Pokemon
Type: Water/Flying
Marble Entry:
Diaoura grew larger in order to resist the cold. Pokemon trying to raid Diaoura's nests often cannot penetrate it's large body and give up.
Bronze Entry:
Diaoura don't fly too well, and often rely upon Diami to retrieve food for them. It is said that hardly anything can break through a Diaoura guarding something, and thus many often use Diaoura to guard important things.
Stats:
Diaoura's Moveset:
1Peck
1Leer
1Defog
6Water Gun
8Flash
10Quick Attack
12Take Down
14Wing Attack
EvoDefense Curl
20Water Pulse
24Feather Dance
27Reflect
27Light Screen
34Scald
37Tailwind
41Hurricane
44Waterfall
44Dive
47Thunder
51Brave Bird
55Hydro Pump
Abilities:
Dazzling, Thick Fat, Gulp Missile (Hidden)
These guys are based off of several water dwelling birds, including the Kingfisher, the Crane, the Pheasant, and the Great Crested Grebe. It's an amalgamation of birds basically. This is combined with the idea of very bright colourful plumage so bright they are similar to stars.
1630341642607.png

1630341737832.png

1630341893274.png

1630341918771.png

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Hoplichik
Normal/Flying
Ability: Guts
Hoplichik are known for their abrasive and territory nature. While looking naturally derpy, they will give chase to anything that enters into its home. When it catches up, it mercilessly slams its head on top of the victim. While some many mistake the growth on its head as a helmet, it’s actually hardened bone that grew over its head to form a helmet-like structure. The older a Hoplitchik becomes, the bigger the “helmet”. This tends to cause older ones to be a bit more too heavy thus have a hard time flying.

Hoopolite
Normal/Flying
Ability: Guts/Intimidate
It uses its strongest bone-like helmet to savagely bash anything that gets in its way. Unlike its previous evolution, it can stab right through concrete due to its hardened beak. It also buffed its body up to be far stronger than before they able to carry its large helmet. It will raise the crest on its head when angry or agitated….which is most of the time.

Both are based on the African and European bird, the Hoopoe as well as the hoplite. For the final evolution, it’s recommended to keep the Ancient Greek military theme with Hoplitea or phalanxes while capitalizing on its head being both a shield and a spear.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Hoplichik
Fighting/Flying
Hoplichik are known for their abrasive and territory nature. While looking naturally derpy, they will give chase to anything that enters into its home. When it catches up, it mercilessly slams its head on top of the victim. While some many mistake the growth on its head as a helmet, it’s actually hardened bone that grew over its head to form a helmet-like structure. The older a Hoplitchik becomes, the bigger the “helmet”. This tends to cause older ones to be a bit more too heavy thus have a hard time flying.

Hoopolite
Fighting/Flying
It uses its strongest bone-like helmet to savagely bash anything that gets in its way. Unlike its previous evolution, it can stab right through concrete due to its hardened beak. It also buffed its body up to be far stronger than before they able to carry its large helmet. It will raise the crest on its head when angry or agitated….which is most of the time.

Both are based on the African and European bird, the Hoopoe as well as the hoplite. For the final evolution, it’s recommended to keep the Ancient Greek military theme with Hoplitea or phalanxes while capitalizing on its head being both a shield and a spear.
This is a really good design! But the base form of the. Pokemon needs to be pure Flying or Normal/Flying. Are you OK with that change?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Vote:
1. chinchil
2. Quofilo
3. chima

Hatshell, the turtledove Pokemon
Flying Type

Ripping right off of Vullaby, this baby bird is half still in it’s egg shell with a face, feet, and wings poking out. The color of the bird is green feathers and while it does have an orange beak, it looks more like a Turtle’s beak than a bird’s on this weird feathery face, and it’s “thick for a bird” feet seem to be aqua colored. The wings are standard feathery green.

ability

moves
Defense Curl (or lesser defense buff)
Tackle
Peck, wing attack, basic birdy stuff.
Grows into things like shell bash, withdraw, basic turtley stuf

second evolution: Wingshell
It’s a bird with a turtle shell.
I guess it would kind of look like this.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Vote:
1. chinchil
2. Quofilo
3. chima

Flying Type

Ripping right off of Vullaby, this baby bird is half still in it’s egg shell with a face, feet, and wings poking out. The color of the bird is green feathers and while it does have an orange beak, it looks more like a Turtle’s beak than a bird’s on this weird feathery face, and it’s “thick for a bird” feet seem to be aqua colored. The wings are standard feathery green.

ability

moves
Tackle

This is pretty much the Pokemon idea that I tried to visualize in my mind but couldn't. Will likely be voting this

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
time to vote
Alrighty then, here's my submission. Note, I made this with three stages in mind, so if it seems incomplete, it's because we are only showing the first two forms today. Anywho...
View attachment 328351
This lighting is terrible
Diami, the Plumage Pokemon
Normal/Flying
Marble Entry:
Diami are often found near a water source. The nighttime is when they are most active, with their many shining feathers being christened by sailors as "Nature's Artificial Stars".
Bronze Entry:
Diami tend to nest near water sources in large flocks. Their plumage is bright enough to light up the night sky.
Diami's Base Stats:
Diami's Moveset:

1Peck
1Leer
6Water Gun
8Flash
10Quick Attack
12Take Down
14Wing Attack
20Water Pulse
24Feather Dance
27Reflect
27Light Screen
34Scald
37Tailwind
41Hurricane
44Waterfall
44Dive
47Thunder
51Brave Bird
55Hydro Pump
Abilities:
Dazzling, Keen Eye, Gulp Missile (Hidden)
View attachment 328352
Editing Note: The lighting makes it hard to see, but the stuff behind it's head are the tail feathers, and the two things sticking out from either side are the wings.
Diaoura, the Plumage Pokemon
Type: Water/Flying
Marble Entry:
Diaoura grew larger in order to resist the cold. Pokemon trying to raid Diaoura's nests often cannot penetrate it's large body and give up.
Bronze Entry:
Diaoura don't fly too well, and often rely upon Diami to retrieve food for them. It is said that hardly anything can break through a Diaoura guarding something, and thus many often use Diaoura to guard important things.
Stats:
Diaoura's Moveset:
1Peck
1Leer
1Defog
6Water Gun
8Flash
10Quick Attack
12Take Down
14Wing Attack
EvoDefense Curl
20Water Pulse
24Feather Dance
27Reflect
27Light Screen
34Scald
37Tailwind
41Hurricane
44Waterfall
44Dive
47Thunder
51Brave Bird
55Hydro Pump
Abilities:
Dazzling, Thick Fat, Gulp Missile (Hidden)
These guys are based off of several water dwelling birds, including the Kingfisher, the Crane, the Pheasant, and the Great Crested Grebe. It's an amalgamation of birds basically. This is combined with the idea of very bright colourful plumage so bright they are similar to stars.
View attachment 328354
View attachment 328355
View attachment 328356
View attachment 328358

Hoplichik
Normal/Flying

Hoopolite
Normal/Flying

Vote:
1. chinchil
2. Quofilo
3. chima

Flying Type

ability

moves
Tackle

i will go to bed now

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay... sorry. I've been busy for a few days, sorry for not starting a new round.

Round 9: Submit an old Pokémon to appear on route 1. We're going to have a good number of old Pokemon returning, choose one from gens 1-8 to appear on Route 1. Do note that the winning Pokemon will be be barred from getting a regional variant later on.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I suggest Mareep.
1630849945966.png

Mareep would give some diversity from the generic normal, flying, and bug types whilst not being absurd in and of itself. Sheep are known to be in Greece as well, so it makes sense from that standpoint too. Why not choose Mareep?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm sorry for abandoning the thread for awhile. Vote.

I suggest Mareep.
View attachment 329241
Mareep would give some diversity from the generic normal, flying, and bug types whilst not being absurd in and of itself. Sheep are known to be in Greece as well, so it makes sense from that standpoint too. Why not choose Mareep?
Rockruff
View attachment 329271
Rockruff is a rather popular Pokemon. It has a different type than most route 1 Pokemon, but it's not a particularly unusual type and isn't an overly strong Pokemon. It would be a somewhat rare spawn.
Electrike

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok, after thinking about it for awhile, I've came to the conclusion that I won't be able to run this thread anymore. I adore the idea, but I struggle to bring myself to update it. I'm very busy, and when I get home I want to relax, not manage a thread.

That being said, I don't want to see this thread die. I'm more than willing to let someone else take over. Let me know if you're interested.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Well I guess I'll tally up the votes of the previous round......
And Rockruff has won! Congrats Peridot! Reminder that we will not be able to submit regional forms of Rockruff and Lycanroc now.

As I am not officially in charge yet, I cannot add this to the OP, but once I am capable of doing so they will be added.

May as well start the next challenge, then.

Round #10: Design the three main Starter Pokemon
Exactly as the title says, make the three new starter Pokemon for the Iroa region! Only requirements are that they must keep the Grass/Fire/Water trio as normal. Moveset and Ability data are not required, nor are evolutions, but you are free to do them if you would like. Though if these are done and they win, then the Jobs for designing all of those will not take place. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #10: Starter designs
  • Serpentyke (Grass/Rock; mix of "serpent" and "tyke")
    • The Serpentine Pokémon; Serpentyke uses its camouflage to disguise itself as a lonely snake statue to trick prey into ignoring them
  • Minheataur (Fire/Steel; mix of "minotaur" and "heat")
    • The Minotaur Pokémon; Minheataur uses the embers from its nose to heat up anvils for forges
  • Nymphony (Water/Fairy; mix of "symphony" and "nymph")
    • The Natural Voice Pokémon; Nymphony's voice is said to heal even the most desolate nature, and is often there to heal forests that have been subjected to harsh fires
If it's alright with you, can we do starter evolutions in later jobs?

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
    • The Serpentine Pokémon; Serpentyke uses its camouflage to disguise itself as a lonely snake statue to trick prey into ignoring them
    • The Minotaur Pokémon; Minheataur uses the embers from its nose to heat up anvils for forges
    • The Natural Voice Pokémon; Nymphony's voice is said to heal even the most desolate nature, and is often there to heal forests that have been subjected to harsh fires
Depends on how people feel on it. If enough agree with you, then I'll probably change it yeah.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Design the three main Starter Pokemon
I actually have a full set of starters, but will not be submitting my Fire starter unless asked to due to liking it less than my Grass and Water starters. (On that note, will we be voting for full lineups or will each type be voted on individually? I'd prefer the latter.)

I am supplying the full evolutionary lines, but am willing to give up the second and third evolutions for both if necessary.
  • Strutheck
    • The Ostrich Pokemon
    • Grass
    • This Pokemon lives in open grassy areas, and is in tune with the earth. It will often chase humans, but it is unclear whether this is due to territoriality or just enjoying the activity.
    • Ability: Overgrow
      • Hidden Ability: Empathic Land (The first time this Pokemon uses a Grass, Psychic, Electric, or Fairy-type move in a battle, the corresponding terrain is activated.)
  • Strutheye
    • The Psych Beak Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • It is said that chasing down and staring at humans for years allowed this species to understand the human mind, which led to them developing psychic powers. It is widely debated whether this is related to the spontaneous appearance of a third eye on its forehead.
      • Hidden Ability: Empathic Land
  • Struthebral
    • The Savanna Staredown Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • These Pokemon often stand, still and alone, in the middle of grassy fields and keep vigil. If a human comes by, it will stare at them constantly, plundering their mind—and if it is displeased by what it sees, it will not stop chasing down its victim.
  • Trengrab
    • The Sea Gatherer Pokemon
    • Water
    • Trengrab wander the bottom of the seas (and occasionally inland waters) searching for artifacts to collect. They store these objects inside their hollow heads, courtesy of a large mouth usually concealed by their tentacles.
    • Ability: Torrent
      • Hidden Ability: Junk Collector (If this Pokemon's held item is removed or swapped out mid-battle, its Attack is maximized. Comsumables like Berries do not count for this.)
  • Trencrush
    • The Tentashell Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • A Trencrush’s tentacles are mostly covered in a surprisingly flexible stone-like shell. It is believed they developed this quirk to resist water pressure as they proceed to greater depths in search of more artifacts.
      • Hidden Ability: Junk Collector
  • Terratren
    • The Stone Squid Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • The stony shell this Pokemon had as a Trencrush has become much thicker and stronger, and now covers its entire body. It is more cumbersome to move, but significantly less likely for a Terratren to be felled by a predator.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I actually have a full set of starters, but will not be submitting my Fire starter unless asked to due to liking it less than my Grass and Water starters. (On that note, will we be voting for full lineups or will each type be voted on individually? I'd prefer the latter.)

I am supplying the full evolutionary lines, but am willing to give up the second and third evolutions for both if necessary.
  • Strutheck
    • The Ostrich Pokemon
    • Grass
    • This Pokemon lives in open grassy areas, and is in tune with the earth. It will often chase humans, but it is unclear whether this is due to territoriality or just enjoying the activity.
      • Hidden Ability: Empathic Land (The first time this Pokemon uses a Grass, Psychic, Electric, or Fairy-type move in a battle, the corresponding terrain is activated.)
  • Strutheye
    • The Psych Beak Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • It is said that chasing down and staring at humans for years allowed this species to understand the human mind, which led to them developing psychic powers. It is widely debated whether this is related to the spontaneous appearance of a third eye on its forehead.
  • Struthebral
    • The Savanna Staredown Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • These Pokemon often stand, still and alone, in the middle of grassy fields and keep vigil. If a human comes by, it will stare at them constantly, plundering their mind—and if it is displeased by what it sees, it will not stop chasing down its victim.
  • Trengrab
    • The Sea Gatherer Pokemon
    • Water
    • Trengrab wander the bottom of the seas (and occasionally inland waters) searching for artifacts to collect. They store these objects inside their hollow heads, courtesy of a large mouth usually concealed by their tentacles.
      • Hidden Ability: Junk Collector (If this Pokemon's held item is removed or swapped out mid-battle, its Attack is maximized. Comsumables like Berries do not count for this.)
  • Trencrush
    • The Tentashell Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • A Trencrush’s tentacles are mostly covered in a surprisingly flexible stone-like shell. It is believed they developed this quirk to resist water pressure as they proceed to greater depths in search of more artifacts.
  • Terratren
    • The Stone Squid Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • The stony shell this Pokemon had as a Trencrush has become much thicker and stronger, and now covers its entire body. It is more cumbersome to move, but significantly less likely for a Terratren to be felled by a predator.
I will probably go individually.

Oh yes, best get this out here before we do anything else if no drawing designs are submitted for a Pokemon, side jobs for designs will be made. These side jobs are completely optional, and only are there if anyone wants to try their hand at making a design. As most of these describe what they look like, most will have a basis at least. The ones without a design will be listed as $ in the OP once I can do that.

Edit: Thought I should mention you are free to debate this choice as to whether I should change it or not

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I really like Nymphony and Minheatuar. Serpentyke might need to be changed though, gen 5 already gave us a grass snake starter

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Kididuff
The Kid Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

Kididuff is known for prancing in glades and meadows where it calls home. It prefers only virgin meadows so seeing one in nature ineiciates that the meadow is very healthy. It doesn’t like deep forests and will often get scared when nearing one. This causes it to cry “bah!” in fear.

Satyree
The Forest Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

Satyree has become far more adventurous and will often venture into forests to unlock its secrets. It seems to have an unique power of nature and can even cause seedlings to sprout and flowers to blossom simply by “bah”ing at them.

Centarbor
The Natural Pokemon
Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Overgrow/Forest Will (Grass-type attacks have a chance of damaging the user rather than Centarbor)

Found primarily in dark and ancient forests, Centarbor has a power with nature that very few can understand. It can create play life simply through thought and can communicate with the nature around it. It knows everything that happens within its dark and secretive woods.

Pupyro
The Puppy Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Flare

Pupyro lives for playing. So much so that when it gets into a really fun and rambunctious time, it tends to shoot out flames as it plays. The air around it tends to get hotter so playing with Pupry at the beach or near a river I’d recommendEd

Doublite
The Two-Headed Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Flare

Doublite has gotten a bit more territorial than Pupyro. From the fire collar around it’s neck grew a secondary head made of fire that seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes, they will fight over things like food or who will attack first. This added head increases its body temperature dramatically.

Cerburnus
The Fire Keeper Pokemon
Type: Fire/Ghost
Ability: Flare/Watchfire (Its use of fire attacks imrpves

Cerbernus guards the ancient fires that kindled life into existence. It ensures the fire never goes out. For this reason, many view this Pokémon as one who watches out for life itself. It now has three heads; two of which are made of fire. Unlike its pre-evolution, they work In tandem. It can ignite its body to such a degree that it can melt nearby rock.

Squidum
The Octopus Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent

Squidum tends to float in the ocean: unaware of danger nearby. It it gets spooked, it will shoot out a blast of ink to mask its movements. It can also change its color to match the surroundings but sometimes it gets the wrong color. It also occasionally squirts out ink if spooked but nothing nearby was actually frightening.

Angllyla
The Hunter Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent

This Hunter will drift in the seas; seeking prey to devour. It will flash the lights on its body to disorientate nearby prey so it can snatch them up easier. It uses it along tentacles tipped with poison barbs to grab its prey and drag them into its waiting mouth.

Scyllanger
The Kraken Pokemon
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Torrent/Fear (Getting hit by one it’s melee attacks had a chance of flinching and decreasing speed)

Scyllanger is constantly hungry and lurks about the ocean depths for food. It will ascend to the surface during the night to hunt for other prey. It’s been known to attakc boats and ships and it’s become so skillful that the barbs on its tentacles and erode away steel. Sailors speak of horrors lurking in the ocean depths and being snatched off from the boats and dragged into the sea.

All my starters are based on mythological creatures with the first step evolutions being based on personality traits: peaceful, playful, and shy. The final evolutions are based on the idea that they guard and protect their relative types.

I wasn’t so keen on my water line Mons so I redrew them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom