• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Global Link ending February 2020

Global_Link.jpg

The Pokémon Global Link Service, used by many since Pokémon Black and White up until Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, will soon be shut down. On February 24th, 2020 users will no longer be able to access any gameplay features in Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Ultra Sun, and Pokemon Ultra Moon that require a connection to the PGL - this includes Rating Battles and QR Rental Teams. Players will still be able to use online functions that don’t require the PGL.

With this announcement, Pokémon Sword and Shield will provide services similar to the PGL’s Rating Battles and Online Competition features. More information can be found here.

Author’s note: Did you ever use Pokémon Global Link? While I didn’t, it’s sad to see the service go. I have high hopes for Pokémon Sword & Shield’s new service. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I primarily missed the additional stuff such as the Dream World in Gen V... provided an incentive to keep signing on, because you'd get Pokemon with hidden abilities that you could not get anywhere else... the same applied to things like rare berries that were event exclusive in Gens III and IV.

Top Bottom