• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Marble and Bronze: The Generation IX Creation Thread

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, first up on the regional bug and it's chain I made, Antenas!
View attachment 312277
Type: Bug/Fire
Evolves at Level 14
Potential Abilities: Flame Body, Swarm, Serene Grace (Hidden)
Gender Ratio: 87% Male, 13% Female
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite*
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders*
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Overheat
45Psychic
Flare Bite:
Base Power: 45
Accuracy: 85
Has a 75% chance to burn the foe.

Cinders:
Base Power: None
Accuracy: 100
Sets up a Stealth Rock entry hazard that will burn a foe upon entering. Fire Types immediately clear Cinders upon entry, and Water types are completely immune.
Pokedex Entry: Antenas often join together in colonies, forming together in large groups to fight off foes. They are not typically from Iroa, but were brought in after they sneaked in on shipping imports.

Base Stats:

HPAtkDefSp. AtkSp. DefSpe

Next up is it's evolution, Antdyo!
View attachment 312279
I dunno why these images keep flipping
Type: Fire/Bug
Evolves at level 25
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite
EvoFlame Wheel
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Bug Buzz
45Knock Off
47Amnesia
50Heat Wave
53Hurricane
Pokedex Entry:
To further defend it's colony, Antdyo has evolved and grown wings. Despite being slow in the air, they can hit opponents from far away and leave dangerous burns to whoever is unlucky enough to get hit by one.
Base Stats:

And finally is it's final evolved form, Antria!
View attachment 312280
Fully Evolved
Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
1Magma Storm
1Leaf Storm
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
EvoAttack Order
EvoDefend Order
EvoHeal Order
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Bug Buzz
45Knock Off
47Amnesia
50Heat Wave
53Hurricane
Pokedex Entry:
Evolution has given them transparent skin, allowing all to view the fire constantly burning inside of it. This fire is estimated to be roughly 150 degrees Celsius. Only one is contained within a single colony at any given time, with an Antdyo evolving to take up the role when the current Antria can no longer rule.
Base Stats:

View attachment 312281
Antenas, Antdyo, and Antria are based on the fire ants, most notably their invasive counterparts, the red imported fire ant. Of course, in this case I took Fire Ant slightly too literally.
The first stage is based off the worker, the second based off the male, and the final being based off the queen. Of course, this is only in terms of design and some minor details, as a Male Antria can still rule and a female Antdyo can still be within the hive.
The names of the three are a combination of Ant and the greek words for one, two, and three, one being Enas, two being Dyo, and three being Tria. Of course, they're much fancier spelt then that. Their names are meant to symbolize the order of evolution.

And that wraps up my entry.
Looks very in-depth but I think we just had to do the first base form for the regional bug evolutionary line. That’s what the prompt said.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Voting time!

Centorpede
Antyke
Lawncher
Aeris

Antenas line
1. Iroan Ralts
2. Iroan Rufflet
3. Iroan Buneary

Job #5
Haven't got time to draw this right now but:

Centorpede
Bug/grass

This particular insect has a long body. It has seven sets of legs, each with a hoof at the end, apart from the front pair, which are more humanoid in nature.
Part insect, part horse.

They carry sticks around with them and a tiny wooden bow that they use to shoot down biggest predators (the regional bird). Due to their many legs though they are very clumsy and often trip over their hooves whilst chasing their quarry.

Evolves into Centipyrois, a bug/fire type, named after one of the Sun God Helios' four immortal horses.
Job #5 Antyke

Type: Bug
Ability: Hivemind
(It gains a Special Attack boost if another Antyke or it’s evolutionary line is on the same team)

Antyke is the Larva Pokemon. It lives most of its life underground where it feeds on food provided by more evolved forms of its family line. Males dream of becoming a soldier while females dream of becoming the queen of the colony. It’s not particularly strong as it’s rather small and soft but it can cause someone with a weak constitution to creepy bugs to squirm away.
Can't draw but I'll give it a go here anyhow

Job 5

Lawncher - The Grasshopper Pokemon

Grasshoppers are apparently pretty common in Greece, so a grasshopper pokemon would make sense. It would look like well... a cartoony grasshopper. To my knowlage there are no Grasshopper pokemon yet so it would be a unqiue addition to the pokemon world
Job 5

Aeris

Named after the Greek God of Beekeeping (Aristaeus) and the word Aero This Pokémon would take the form of a Greek Bee Larvae, and more specifically based on a bee seen on several coin designs from the ancient world. This Pokémon would have very small wings but they have mouth pincers and a large layered stinger.
Ability: Beehive: All Battles have a 50% chance of giving you a Honey at the end.

(I'm so sorry for this drawing)

View attachment 312135
Ok, first up on the regional bug and it's chain I made, Antenas!
View attachment 312277
Evolves at Level 14
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite*
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders*
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Overheat
45Psychic
Flare Bite:
Base Power: 45
Accuracy: 85
Has a 75% chance to burn the foe.

Cinders:
Base Power: None
Accuracy: 100
Sets up a Stealth Rock entry hazard that will burn a foe upon entering. Fire Types immediately clear Cinders upon entry, and Water types are completely immune.
Pokedex Entry: Antenas often join together in colonies, forming together in large groups to fight off foes. They are not typically from Iroa, but were brought in after they sneaked in on shipping imports.

Base Stats:

Next up is it's evolution, Antdyo!
View attachment 312279
I dunno why these images keep flipping
Type: Fire/Bug
Evolves at level 25
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite
EvoFlame Wheel
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Bug Buzz
45Knock Off
47Amnesia
50Heat Wave
53Hurricane
Pokedex Entry:
To further defend it's colony, Antdyo has evolved and grown wings. Despite being slow in the air, they can hit opponents from far away and leave dangerous burns to whoever is unlucky enough to get hit by one.
Base Stats:

And finally is it's final evolved form, Antria!
View attachment 312280
Fully Evolved
Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
1Magma Storm
1Leaf Storm
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
EvoAttack Order
EvoDefend Order
EvoHeal Order
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Bug Buzz
45Knock Off
47Amnesia
50Heat Wave
53Hurricane
Pokedex Entry:
Evolution has given them transparent skin, allowing all to view the fire constantly burning inside of it. This fire is estimated to be roughly 150 degrees Celsius. Only one is contained within a single colony at any given time, with an Antdyo evolving to take up the role when the current Antria can no longer rule.
Base Stats:

View attachment 312281
Antenas, Antdyo, and Antria are based on the fire ants, most notably their invasive counterparts, the red imported fire ant. Of course, in this case I took Fire Ant slightly too literally.
The first stage is based off the worker, the second based off the male, and the final being based off the queen. Of course, this is only in terms of design and some minor details, as a Male Antria can still rule and a female Antdyo can still be within the hive.
The names of the three are a combination of Ant and the greek words for one, two, and three, one being Enas, two being Dyo, and three being Tria. Of course, they're much fancier spelt then that. Their names are meant to symbolize the order of evolution.

And that wraps up my entry.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
JOB 6 - DESIGN THE REGIONAL RODENT!

You know the kind of Pokemon we're talking about, the two-stage normal type rodent mon at the beginning of the game. We're making one of those. We'll handle this a bit different than the bug and the regional form: you can submit both the base form and the evolved form. You also have the option to only do one, we'll go back and do the other. The base form must be mono-normal, but the evolved form can be dual-typed. 48 hours.

JOB 7 - SUBMIT THE GAME'S NAMES!

Red and Blue. Ruby and Sapphire. Sun and Moon. It's time for us to pick our game's names. It must be a single word (multiple words are saved for remakes), but otherwise you can do as you wish. 24 hours.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
JOB 6 - DESIGN THE REGIONAL RODENT!

You know the kind of Pokemon we're talking about, the two-stage normal type rodent mon at the beginning of the game. We're making one of those. We'll handle this a bit different than the bug and the regional form: you can submit both the base form and the evolved form. You also have the option to only do one, we'll go back and do the other. The base form must be mono-normal, but the evolved form can be dual-typed. 48 hours.

JOB 7 - SUBMIT THE GAME'S NAMES!

Red and Blue. Ruby and Sapphire. Sun and Moon. It's time for us to pick our game's names. It must be a single word (multiple words are saved for remakes), but otherwise you can do as you wish. 24 hours.
I'll submit Job 6 later like the two prior, but for now I'll say Pokemon Lightning and Pokemon Hurricane.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pokémon Marble and Bronze

Both was used extensively in Ancient Greece.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
OK, I should probably call the Game names. 24 hours. I'll call the rodent submissions 48 hours after we get our first submission there.

Future and Past
Sky and Sea
Lightning and Hurricane
Marble and Bronze

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Alright time for Job 6

Chinchil > Crinchill

Apperances:
Chinchil - A small blue chincilla, cute in appearance and with a small snowflake on it's forehead.
Crinchil - A larger blue chincilla that stands on 4 legs. It's snowflake is now a hair style and it has icicles hanging off it's body

Chinchil is a chinchilla based Pokemon. It starts off as a normal type before evolving into Crinchil, which is a normal/ice type. This would be unqiue in a few different ways. First, there aren't many chincilla based pokemon in the world, although there 1 or 2. Crinchil would also be the very first normal/ice type Pokemon in the series history, which is fantastic since unqiue typings are always fun

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Porcuprike
The Quill Pokemon
Ability: Spiky Armor
Type: Normal
Porcuprike is a very slow Pokémon as it relies on the quills on its back to protect it from harm. It can fling the quills by quickly lurching its body forward. The launches quills can pierce through a wooden door.

Ballistapine
The Quill Pokemon
Type: Normal/Steel
Unique Attack: Ballista (Launches a powerful missile that can hit Pokémon in the party as well. The party Pokémon further from the Pokémon in play takes the most damage.)
It’s quills have become so strong that they have hardened like steel. Not even industrial scissors can cut them in half. Unlike the Porcuprike, it can launch quills straight through an iron door. The top record is four consecutive iron doors by one strong Ballistapine.

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Job 6
Can't draw worth a crap. Sorry!
This is Quofilo, the friendly pokemon(subject to change)

OK, so that's not exactly it, but I wanted some kind of visual.
It's name is a combination of the Quokka(super friendly Austrailian rodent) and fílos (meaning friend in Greek). Quofilo loves people and will walk right up to them. It will even pose in pictures for you, just make sure make sure your food is still there when it leaves!

At max friendship, Quofilo evolves into Quofilaga. It gains the fairy type and is just a bigger version of Quofilo. It's very loyal to it's trainer and keeps any mischievous Quofilo away.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok, here's my rodent submission. Well, it isn't actually a rodent but it's a starting game normal type so it works.
First up, Chima.
1619566648797.png

Type: Normal/Poison
Abilities: Intimidate, Justified, Huge Power (Hidden)
Pokedex Entry:
Chima are relatively peaceful, however, they have snakes growing out of their backsides, which attempt to attack anything in sight with their poisonous clouds of gas.
1Scratch
1Leer
5Ember
8Smog
11Bite
14Gust
17Noble Roar
20Crunch
23Flame Burst
26Dragon Rage
29Wing Attack
31Poison Tail
34Toxic
34Venoshock
37Flamethrower
40Sludge Bomb
43Dragon Claw
46Taunt
49Dragon Dance
52Outrage
55Flare Blitz
58Foul Play
61Eruption
Base Stats:

HPAtkDefSp.AtkSp.DefSpe

Next up, it's evolution, Chimarattle.
1619567235107.png

Type: Fire/Poison
Abilities: Intimidate, Scrappy, Huge Power (Hidden)
Pokedex Entry: Upon evolution, Chimarattle's stumps finally evolved into scythe-like wings. Together with it's snake tail, it flies through the sky wrecking havoc if enraged with the powers of fire and poison.
1Scratch
1Leer
5Ember
8Smog
11Bite
14Gust
17Noble Roar
20Crunch
23Flame Burst
EvoPoison Fang
EvoFire Fang
26Dragon Rage
29Wing Attack
31Poison Tail
34Toxic
34Venoshock
37Flamethrower
40Sludge Bomb
43Dragon Claw
46Taunt
49Dragon Dance
52Outrage
55Flare Blitz
Base Stats:

HPAtkDefSp.AtkSp.DefSpe

If you haven't guessed already, Chima and Chimarattle are based off of the Chimera.
1619567468044.png

Although it's heads vary depending on the myth, it of course kept the main Lion part, with the snake part being retained. The dragon part is kept somewhat via it's wings and it's ability to learn dragon based attacks.
1619567569608.png

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Design the region's rodent:

Pomarmot - Ground/Normal

It's got the "bottom half" of a horse (or centaur) and the top half of a vole (indigenous to Crete). But a pony and a baby vole for the first evolve.

Voletaur - Ground/Grass

A bigger, meaner Centaur Vole with a bow and arrow made out of twigs and vines.

(EDIT: Disregard, just read rodent submissions were done).

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, since it seems like it's completely dead anyway...

Here are the entries I pre-emptively made for the grass starter. Based them on greek dishes and an adorable mouse.

Ratziki-Pokedex-entry-1.png

Hummouse-Pokedex-entry-1.png

Mouseakka-Pokedex-entry-1.png

and the shiny entrants:
Ratziki-Pokedex-entry-2.png

Hummouse-Pokedex-entry-2.png

Mouseakka-Pokedex-entry-2.png

I also made some for the fire and water starter, albeit stopped before completing either line due to the thread becoming suddenly very dead. I may post them later for funsies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay, the people have spoken: This thread is back! I'll start some jobs tommorow, but first we need to vote for the regional rodent. I got lazy before we did that. Same voting style as before.

Alright time for Job 6

Chinchil > Crinchill

Apperances:
Chinchil - A small blue chincilla, cute in appearance and with a small snowflake on it's forehead.
Crinchil - A larger blue chincilla that stands on 4 legs. It's snowflake is now a hair style and it has icicles hanging off it's body

Chinchil is a chinchilla based Pokemon. It starts off as a normal type before evolving into Crinchil, which is a normal/ice type. This would be unqiue in a few different ways. First, there aren't many chincilla based pokemon in the world, although there 1 or 2. Crinchil would also be the very first normal/ice type Pokemon in the series history, which is fantastic since unqiue typings are always fun

Porcuprike
The Quill Pokemon
Type: Normal
Porcuprike is a very slow Pokémon as it relies on the quills on its back to protect it from harm. It can fling the quills by quickly lurching its body forward. The launches quills can pierce through a wooden door.

Ballistapine
The Quill Pokemon
Type: Normal/Steel
Unique Attack: Ballista (Launches a powerful missile that can hit Pokémon in the party as well. The party Pokémon further from the Pokémon in play takes the most damage.)
It’s quills have become so strong that they have hardened like steel. Not even industrial scissors can cut them in half. Unlike the Porcuprike, it can launch quills straight through an iron door. The top record is four consecutive iron doors by one strong Ballistapine.
Job 6
Can't draw worth a crap. Sorry!
This is Quofilo, the friendly pokemon(subject to change)

OK, so that's not exactly it, but I wanted some kind of visual.
It's name is a combination of the Quokka(super friendly Austrailian rodent) and fílos (meaning friend in Greek). Quofilo loves people and will walk right up to them. It will even pose in pictures for you, just make sure make sure your food is still there when it leaves!

At max friendship, Quofilo evolves into Quofilaga. It gains the fairy type and is just a bigger version of Quofilo. It's very loyal to it's trainer and keeps any mischievous Quofilo away.
Ok, here's my rodent submission. Well, it isn't actually a rodent but it's a starting game normal type so it works.
First up, Chima.
View attachment 312997
Type: Normal/Poison
Abilities: Intimidate, Justified, Huge Power (Hidden)
Pokedex Entry:
Chima are relatively peaceful, however, they have snakes growing out of their backsides, which attempt to attack anything in sight with their poisonous clouds of gas.
1Scratch
1Leer
5Ember
8Smog
11Bite
14Gust
17Noble Roar
20Crunch
23Flame Burst
26Dragon Rage
29Wing Attack
31Poison Tail
34Toxic
34Venoshock
37Flamethrower
40Sludge Bomb
43Dragon Claw
46Taunt
49Dragon Dance
52Outrage
55Flare Blitz
58Foul Play
61Eruption
Base Stats:

HPAtkDefSp.AtkSp.DefSpe

Next up, it's evolution, Chimarattle.
View attachment 312999
Type: Fire/Poison
Abilities: Intimidate, Scrappy, Huge Power (Hidden)
Pokedex Entry: Upon evolution, Chimarattle's stumps finally evolved into scythe-like wings. Together with it's snake tail, it flies through the sky wrecking havoc if enraged with the powers of fire and poison.
1Scratch
1Leer
5Ember
8Smog
11Bite
14Gust
17Noble Roar
20Crunch
23Flame Burst
EvoPoison Fang
EvoFire Fang
26Dragon Rage
29Wing Attack
31Poison Tail
34Toxic
34Venoshock
37Flamethrower
40Sludge Bomb
43Dragon Claw
46Taunt
49Dragon Dance
52Outrage
55Flare Blitz
Base Stats:

HPAtkDefSp.AtkSp.DefSpe

If you haven't guessed already, Chima and Chimarattle are based off of the Chimera.
View attachment 313000
Although it's heads vary depending on the myth, it of course kept the main Lion part, with the snake part being retained. The dragon part is kept somewhat via it's wings and it's ability to learn dragon based attacks.
View attachment 313001
Design the region's rodent:

Pomarmot - Ground/Normal

It's got the "bottom half" of a horse (or centaur) and the top half of a vole (indigenous to Crete). But a pony and a baby vole for the first evolve.

Voletaur - Ground/Grass

A bigger, meaner Centaur Vole with a bow and arrow made out of twigs and vines.

(EDIT: Disregard, just read rodent submissions were done).
Additionally, the votes unanously confirm Marble and Bronze to be the game's name! I'm not a fan of it, but that's democracy.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Okay, the people have spoken: This thread is back! I'll start some jobs tommorow, but first we need to vote for the regional rodent. I got lazy before we did that. Same voting style as before.

Additionally, the votes unanously confirm Marble and Bronze to be the game's name! I'm not a fan of it, but that's democracy.
This is an extremely poggers moment.

I also vote Porcuprike.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The first new Pokemon will come in a few hours, but I need to clear some rodent things up. Voting will go for another 7 or so hours

Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , you need to put your top two. The first one you mention has double points. Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and Freduardo Freduardo , your pokemon's base form needs to be mono-normal, and the evolved form must be part normal. Choose which type to eliminate.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The first new Pokemon will come in a few hours, but I need to clear some rodent things up. Voting will go for another 7 or so hours

Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , you need to put your top two. The first one you mention has double points. Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and Freduardo Freduardo , your pokemon's base form needs to be mono-normal, and the evolved form must be part normal. Choose which type to eliminate.
Ah sorry, it's been so long I've lost familiarity with the voting mechanics. Quofilo is my second vote.
For my guys, just remove the Poison type on them. The evolution will be Normal/Fire and the base will be pure Normal.

Top Bottom