• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Creation Forum Game

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is a pretty fun game I've played with friends and family, and I thought it'd make a good forum game. It's a game about coming up with concepts for Pokemon. Here is how it works:
One person gives 2 pokemon types, and the next person has to come up with a pokemon concept that could have that typing. Then, they give 2 types themselves for the next person.

Example:
Poster 1:
Fighting and Flying

Poster 2:
A Hawk styled like a luchador.
Fighting and Steel.

I'll start off with:

Fire and Electric.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
This sounds like a fun idea! Let's get started then!

Fire and electric: a small fuzzball yeti type of Pokémon that lives in cold climates. It can generate electricity, and has the power to convert that electricity into heat to keep it warm. When it attacks, all of its hair sticks straight out, making it look larger and shows that it is ready to fire electric or fiery attacks. I call it Chillawatt.

Next person: make a fairy/fighting type

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
A pixie with a light aura around it, probably about the size of Jirachi. It would have moves such as Moonblast, Air Slash, and can learn other special moves such as Psychic and Energy Ball (but NOT Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt). Its base stats would be 85 HP, 55 Attack, 75 Defense, 125 Special Attack, 115 Defense, 90 Speed for a total of 535.

Next person, make a Fire/Grass type.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
A Scarecrow style pokemon with a straw body, Huge branch arms/hands and a round sack head that's constantly on fire. Would have the abilities Flash Fire, Oblivious, or HA: Chlorophyll (Fire type with Chlorophyll!)and use great physical moves like Seed Bomb, Wood Hammer, Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, maybe Metal Claw and Shadow Claw

Ground/Fighting?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
A golden armadillo with padded claws and legs. Excels at Attack, Defense, and to a lesser extent, Speed, and has moves such as Cross Chop, Slash, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Rollout and even some other stuff like Dragon Claw and Night Slash.

Next can beeeeee Psychic/Electric.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
A Jester style construct whose body parts aren't connected by anything. It juggles 3 balls of electricity, but they end up floating around his head or under his legs sometimes. Most likely would have Prankster as its ability with some great moves to complement it like Twave or Trick. Electroball would be a thematically great for it too XD Probably a speedy special attacker due to the usual dexterity that most jesters have combined with psychic and electrics great special movepool.

How about Steel/Poison?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A Pokemon that loosely looks like a quadepedal dinosaur with steel plates corroded with rust and acid. Four smoke stacks line down the back like a Stegosaurus that pours out poisonous fumes. It's ability is a sight sure ability called Pollution which causes the air to be congested with exhaust and chemicals. It causes it's attack power to boost while lowering the opponents accuracy. It's has an unique signature attack called Outbreak that, when used, has a high chance of poisoning the opponent. The poison gas a high chance of infecting other Pokemon within the party if that Pokemon remains untreated and the stee/poison Pokemon remains in play.

How about a Ground/Psychic typing.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A Short Reptillian Humanoid with three eyes and markings that resemble elaborate body paint. The third eye glows constantly. Small clumps of dirt and rock can be seen levitating around them, and they carry a walking stick. Would definitely know stealth rock and hyper beam, probably special oriented, but with physical options in ground type moves.
I based this idea on a tuatara, a kind of reptile that actually has a remedial third eye.
EDIT: I came up with a name: Intuiterra.

The next person's challenge:
Water and Normal type.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sure I'll play...

Water/Normal's a tricky typing to start with most of my idea's are either already implemented as pure water types or are too similar to Bibarel....however...

A large white whale-like pokemon, it is somewhat alien like in appearance...It stands upright but its fins are arranged similarly to human arms and legs, its most notable characteristic is its large blank grey eyes with white pupils eyes...Its somewhat star shaped..
Its speed is very low but has a very solid special defense and a decent special attack...in addition to the usual water and ice attacks that water types get it also has access to moves such as Glare, Confuse Ray, Psychic and Shadow Ball...

This guy's based on the Japanese cryptid, Ningen; which is basically described as a large white human-shaped (or with human like characteristics) whale

Try this one out...
Ghost/Fairy

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Probably a Dullahan inspired pokemon, but more in a pudgy, childlike humanoid form than creepy horseman. I imagine it sitting with its little legs out holding its cute head in its lap, with maybe some purple smoke coming from its neck. It's stats would be along the same lines as Glalie or Phione, except all base 90 instead of 80. A rather wide movepool but with some theme'd moves like Trick or Treat or Headbutt (lol). For abilities... I dunno. Maybe Cursed Body, Infiltrator (Dullahan's can bypass and door, wall, or lock), or possibly Shadow Tag

lets see what creepy Dark/Bugs you guys/gals can think of

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
A small, beetle-like creature. It would have sharp, rigid wings sticking out from its back, red eyes, and curled horns at its head. It would be black and dark gray in color, a spike tail, and sharp teeth of course. Like Ninjask, it'd have Speed Boost as a hidden ability and would have Baton Pass. Wide move pool, a bit bulky.

Dark/Psychic next.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I actually came up with an evolutionary line for this one.
The first stage is called the puppeteer pokemon. It looks somewhat like a mischievous but nicely dressed kid with a paperboy hat. It has long prehensile tendrils coming out of its hands, which it likes make and use marionettes with.

It evolves into a larger, more adult looking form, the Mastermind pokemon. It appears to be wearing something that resembles a dark business suit and fedora, it's face is obscured in shadow. It's hand tendrils are much longer and visibly stronger.

EDIT: Derp, forgot to include a prompt.
Grass and Dragon.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Part of a legendary trio of guardian pokemon...This one is the guardian of a sacred forest...It is tall and has the look of an ancient tree with large branch-like antlers on it's head...It's hunched-back is covered with a lush moss, it's body more dinosaur like in appearance has a green upper half and a brown lower half...It's face has a somewhat derpy look to it with a protruding underbite with moss hanging downward like a beard...It is supposed to resemble a jolly old man...It's tail however has a more youthful look to it being lined with flowers that form a colourful bush at the end...
It's attack power is pretty high with the use of moves such as Wood Hammer and Dragon Tail...It also uses moves such as Leaf Storm, Petal Dance, Dragon Pulse, and Synthesis

Bug/Psychic

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Pretty basic, but I see a Giant, psychedelic coloured caterpillar with glowing antenna and eyes. A pretty bulky 'mon with great defensive moves like Reflect, Light Screen, Coil, Calm Mind, etc. Probably with the abilities Regenerator or Magic Guard. Not much else I can say about this guy. I just thought it'd be nice to have a Caterpillar as the FINAL evolution instead of the starting for once

Ice/Fire

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A Cerberus-like Legendary Pokemon where one of the heads has a fire spewing out of the mouth and burning eyes. The other head has frozen frost pouring out of the mouth and ice blue eyes. The coloration of the body alternates between ice blue and fire red. It's right front and left back paw freezes things will it's left front and right back paw burns Additionally, the tail is quite large like a fox but divided between flames and crystallized ice. Due to its unique typing, it has an unique ability and move. The ability is called Thaw which prevents the Pokemon from being frozen and burned. It has the unique attack Frost Burn which has a chance of freezing the opponent this preventing it from attacking but also applying the burn status instead of ice. This will deal damage while the opponent is frozen solid. It is located within the Cave of Summer and Winter and manages the flow of the two aforementioned seasons. When it walks, it tends to create ice only to melt it away.

Ghost/Fighting

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
The ability is called Thaw which prevents the Pokemon from being frozen or burned
Aren't Fire and Ice types already immune to Burns and Freeze status respectively?

Anyways, Ghost/Fighting... A possessed pair of boxing gloves, help up by a semi-gaseous body with nothing but 2 red eyes on its face. Obviously has the ability Iron Fist so that it can use Shadow Punch to it's max potential. Might even have a new signature move, Cursed Punch: 70 BP with a 20% chance to lower a random stat of the opponents.

Poison/Ice

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Poison/Ice type mon...a snow liepard with a near-solid white coat except for the purple spots around its body and the purple outline under its glowing, green eyes. Poison drips from its four claws. It would have the ability Tough Claws and would be a fast physical sweeper by nature.

Dragon/Normal

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
The only thing that comes to mind is a Dunsparce evolution. Literally just Dunsparce with a bigger, longer body, Larger wings, and a more regal face. But the one thing I would say is that it would need to have Own Tempo. Having STAB Outrages and Thrash's that don't confuse would be awesome. Stats would be something like 120/100/100/65/85/60. More of a Bulky Tank pokemon. Lefties w/ Roost, Coil, Iron Tail/EQ, Outrage would be almost scary coming from that

Fighting/Electric

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The only thing that comes to mind is a Dunsparce evolution. Literally just Dunsparce with a bigger, longer body, Larger wings, and a more regal face. But the one thing I would say is that it would need to have Own Tempo. Having STAB Outrages and Thrash's that don't confuse would be awesome. Stats would be something like 120/100/100/65/85/60. More of a Bulky Tank pokemon. Lefties w/ Roost, Coil, Iron Tail/EQ, Outrage would be almost scary coming from that

Fighting/Electric
^The obvious choice it would seem...

Trying to come up with something that isn't a rom-hacked Electivire is challenging...

How about an anthropomorphic goat pokemon, in other words like a Satyr, has a shaggy beard and massive arms and it's horns curl outwards like a viking's helmet...Signature moves being Thunderpunch (duh), Hammer Arm, Wild Charge, Skull Bash, and Head Smash...

And in case you haven't guessed it is loosely based off of Thor...perhaps it can get a special item like Thor's Hammer that boosts it's physical attacks, akin to Pikachu's Light Ball...

----

How about a possible pokemon that is immune to BOTH of it's own typings...
Normal/Ghost

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A rather non descript beige humanoid, somewhat resembling a stuffed animal. The standout feature is a blue ethereal form trailing above it, which looks similar but has more detailed faeatures such as ridges and fingers. Has an ability similar to mega kangaskhan's parental bond, except that the second attack becomes special if the regular attack is normal, or vice versa. This, and it's typing, is compensated by below average stats.

The next prompt is...
Rock and Flying.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Aeragoyle

Has a stone-like stocky body with two strong arms with long claws. It's legs also have claws but shorter thus requiring the Pokemon to support itself on the ground through the use of its arms. It has a long tail with a spade-shaped tip at the end. The head itself has yellow legs with a large mouth with four fangs. It has two large ears. It has a set of wings that are made of stone. It is capable of tearing chunks of rock from its body and launching them by throwing from the air. It uses its ability Tough Claws to great effect with slamming, slashing, swiping, and stabbing attacks through the use of its claws, talons, and tail.

Flying

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
The Parrot Pokemon. Just a parrot. But it's "gimmick" Is that it has the ability Colour Change, Along with moves like Mimic, Me First, and Mirror Move, and even Assist. Coupled with it's high speed, it can be an amusing pokemon to use. But not very competitive. Most likely with stats of ~ 75/70/65/80/65/110.

Fire/Fairy

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A cute, large, hot pink salamander with 6 arms. Is constantly on fire. Would have the fire body ability, and good special stats. I'm thinking it'd be the final stage in an evolutionary chain, could maybe even be a starter.

The next prompt is Ice and Bug Type.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ice and Bug...

I've had an idea for this type combo for a while actually...

A large cricket-like insectoid...It has a very slow speed but a strong attack...It comes with the ability Quick Thaw-immune to fire-type attacks for just the first hit, loses it's Ice-typing and gains a huge boost in Speed, but also lowers defenses, so it kinda works like Shell Smash in a way, afterwards it get the ability Quick Freeze which literally does the opposite save for an immunity to Ice types for the first turn...

It's based off of the Weta, which looks like an oversized cricket, it is best known for being the World's Heaviest Insect, in addition to having a unique attribute that allows it to survive being frozen solid, hence it's Ice typing...

My idea was for this guy to be a parallel to another pokemon based off of the Cane Toad, who's Fire/Ground but with the ability Dry Skin

Steel/Electric

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Rotom TV. Changes type with Flash Cannon. Obviously still has levitate and the same rotom form stats.

Poison/Normal

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The latest Regional Rodent is based off of a Shrew...its first stage is pure Normal type but then gains the poison typing upon evolving...
Think of a cross between Raticate and Nidoran in a way...it gets Poison Sting and Poison Fang and can learn other stronger moves like Gunk Shot as well as the normal type Hyper/Super Fang...Of course like most Regional rats it can learn most HM's making it a very useful HM Slave...

Dark/Fairy

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Oh hey I did one of these before with a friend, I'll just plug the idea I had with him.

Dark/Fairy would be a corrupted fairy with a dark aura, a color scheme of a mix of black, pink, and white. It'd have a slight gothic lolita style similar to the Gothitelle line. It'd be constantly floating. Its unique ability, Phase, would allow it to switch in without entry hazards such as Stealth Rock bothering it, and it can also freely switch out even if it would be trapped by moves such as Fire Spin. Its moveset would be more special-based but I made it to be a pseudo-legendary for a theoretical post-apocalyptic style Pokemon game, so it can feasibly run physical moves. It's fairly small for a Pokemon of its power, being about as tall as Alakazam. Its stat spread would be 85/95/75/125/95/125, and it would have access to moves such as Moonblast, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and some decent physical moves such Night Slash, Cross Chop, and Foul Play. It has a signature move that's Dark-type called Stealth Strike, a special-based move with 70 power but only 10 PP and is unaffected by and removes any stat changes the opponent has made.

Next Pokemon is be Steel/Dragon.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp...guess I might as well since this is my most wanted Mega...

Mega Haxorus
Slight drop in speed and a slight boost to its attack (doesn't need a huge boost obviously)...however gains a ton of defense and now gets the move Iron Head (how can something with an axe on its face NOT get Iron Head!?) And gets the ability Multiscale...
Of course its design has it looking bulky AF with a ton of armour...its evolutionary line gains more armour as it goes so it only makes sense that its Mega gets stacked...

Fire/Poison

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Ok ok ok. so this one's a starter final evolution. First stage is a little orange frog with a tongue that's coated in fire. Second stage is a fatter toad wit big "warts", except the warts are chunks of coal that glow when he uses a fire type move. Last stage is when it becomes a poison type and is a giant Toad with huge hind legs that have big smokestacks at the top joint with purple smoke streaming out. All four of its legs slowly turn from orange to Purple then finally to black as they become nothing but oozing, tar covered feet. It attacks by igniting the poisonous gases that it exudes. This mon is a bulky Special attacker who is quite slow but has aprox. 100 in HP, Def, Spdef and Sp Att. A signature move of his is Blazing Ooze which is a 90 BP 90 Acc Special Poison type move that has a 50% chance to burn the opponent.

Lets see what you guys can do with Rock/Electric

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It'd be a golem of blue rocks sparking with electricity, presumably birthed in Chargestone Cave. I assume due to this unique trait, it'd likely be a legendary. It'd also be, oddly for a Rock-type, very special-based in offensive movepool, with moves such as AncientPower, Power Gem, Thunderbolt, etc. He'd probably also have cool support moves such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, Roar, Circle Throw, and the like. Very high HP, very low speed. Decent Attack and Special Defense, but great Defense and Special Attack. Something like 115/95/120/125/95/50 for a total of 600. Would have a signature Rock-type special move called Shock Drop, with a 30% chance to paralyze and maybe even have Electric-typing tossed into its calculation a la Flying Press.

Next typing is Dragon/Fighting.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
An orange, humanoid, japanese dragon. Has a long body, and stands in a fighting pose. Looks burly, and has flowing tassels on it's back. Often seen hovering just above the ground. I don't have specific mechanical ideas.

Next type is Poison and Psychic.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A five headed red and purple serpent with eye patterns running down the side of it's body. The eyes are capable to releasing powerful hallucinations that poisons the mind and makes the victim sick to their stomachs. Each head has a different psychological function and they work in conjunction to shut down and immobilize their intended victims. Keen Eye is it's default ability and it has a unique attack called Fear Poison. This is a Psychic attack that targets the opponent and leaves a Poison status.

Opps forgot a typing....

Ice/Flying

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
A blue wyrm floating with icy scales, whenever he breathes it's always got that chilly visible breath. He's about 20 feet long, and he constantly slithers in the air. Learns moves such as Ice Fang, Waterfall, Aerial Ace, Blizzard, Hurricane, and the like. Has a unique ability called Frost Touch which can cause contact moves used on him to have a 10% chance to freeze the opponent, given that they are not already Ice or Fire-type. Offensive-oriented, isn't too strong defensively. Stats likely to be around 80/120/70/100/80/100 for a total of 550.

Next type is Ground/Fairy.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A small happy looking mole pokemon...It stands upright with it's clawed toes just barely visible under it's belly, while it's clawed arms hang forward (similar body type to Pikachu actually)....It has no tail (save for a little stub), but it's defining feature is the pink star like shape on it's forehead...It's body is a muddy brown with a flesh coloured belly...

It specializes in mud-based attacks, like Mud Bomb and Mud Shot...can learn moves like Play Rough as well as all the obligatory 'cute' moves like Charm and Baby-doll eyes...and of course moves like Slash and scratch...

Yes, it is based on the Star-nosed mole...

Steel/Water

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm imagining a big sea turtle that looks like an aircraft carrier. He'd have cannons, but not ones that shoot water. This guy would obviously have tremendous defensive capabilities.

Next prompt:
Ghost and Flying.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ectowlplasm

A white owl-like pokemon with little decoration or bells and whistles. The tips of its wings and tail end in ghastly wisps and the body sometimes shines with an eerie light green glow. The most startling feature of this Poke is it's midnight black eyes that constantly seem to be following people.

It's not an owl...

It is said to be able to see the life force of its prey and instantly suck it out through eye contact. Many cultures labels it the harbinger of death and is best avoided by only the truest and strongest of trainers. It's talons feels like ice and seemingly pierce beyond the skin and into the flesh without even penetrating the skin. It is noiseless while flying and sometimes even vanishes from sight. It has the ability Forewarn.

The next type.....

Ground/Bug

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
An alternate evolutionary line for Trapinch.
Like Diglett, you never see the entirety of this pokemon, only part of it is above the ground. It has 4 sharp insectoid grasping arms that come out of the ground, as well as a trapinch like head, but with a larger more intimidating mouth.
This would be a defense oriented pokemon.

Next prompt is Ghost and Rock.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gargantom, the Gargoyle Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Rock
Abilities: Sheer Force, Solid Rock, Shadow Tag
Description: Gargantom can form a stony skin when stationary, resembling statues. Once prey draws near, Gargantom can attack in the blink of an eye.

Gargantom are Pokemon who are based on Gargoyles. They look like gray winged demons with blue fiery eyes with spiky features such as razor sharp shoulders and elbows and a long tail with a stinger-like tip. They have long arms with four-clawed fingers with two hooks coming out from the back of the hand. Their legs are small, and have three-clawed toes. They have large bat-like wings that appear aged, showing rips in the wings. They can form a stony skin when stationary, which can allude others into believing it's simply a statue. Gargantom have stats similar to Kangaskhan- although it's rather fast, and has low Special Attack. This Pokemon is a powerhouse, having access to Stone Edge and Shadow Claw, while also having support moves like Recover and Refresh. It can even learn Stealth Rocks and Dragon Dance, thus this Pokemon can play a variety of roles.

Next Type: Dark/Fairy

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Graperry

Type: Dark/Fairy
Evolves from: Poofer

Next type: Dragon/electric

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A hovering yellow dragon with slim features and a lightning shaped tail. Their 6 wings resemble Jacob's ladders:

Also has a row of lightning rods down their backs like spines.

Next Prompt: Fighting and Ice.

Top Bottom