• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Pokemon Battle Strategies: Sm4sh Jigglypuff Matchup Thread (Discussing Ryu)

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
You would most certainly be right, our approach is far from good and our combo-starting aerials do require commitment to actually combo. Rest assured that they aren't completely useless... Nair beats out all versions of hadouken, for one, and we do have Bair which is safe on shield as always, but by and large it's one of our bigger issues as a general thing.

(Utilt actually is a pretty safe combo starter, but it's really not all that reliable as a kill setup due to how strict the window is where you can kill off of it. Not like you can really use it aggressively either. Not quite sure why that was included tbh)

RDR7

Smash Cadet
MK is a ******* matchup. You need to find a way to get out of the kill percent. Which to my knowledge is 0-20? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's around there. Then you can escape the up airs. Any smart mk will just keep you around that percent tho so you have to either rely on him to mess up or (as I have been told) DI in and rest him (DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS) I'm not sure if this is possible, Serynder told me a few things about it and even tested it with Boss. The matchup is 70:30 MK's favor. Just absolutely horrific. MK is one of the few characters I just switch from puff altogether. The only other being Yoshi but only at an above average level.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
HOLY **** GUYS.

Jiggs can crouch like 40 - 50% of Ryu's moves.

Not even once have I saw an argument about that.

Damn.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
HOLY **** GUYS.

Jiggs can crouch like 40 - 50% of Ryu's moves.

Not even once have I saw an argument about that.

Damn.
His light down tilt combo-->d-smash can deal with that
even if we jump(pretty easy to expect a puff to do this eventually) a Ryu can easily switch to light up tilt which can stuff our puff

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
No one cares about the mu discussions (sadly)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Honestly we might switch to multiple characters/open discussion for this due to patches. I have heard a lot of people dont like discussing MUs due to it constantly changing. idk, I was gonna do MK next, but thats a totally different MU now. What would you guys want to discuss next, and do you want any changes to the MU thread?

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Perhaps we should do Charizard or D3 neither one has changed much since the game's release or Corrin as I don't see how/why they will change him anymore. Marth's overall strategy has not really changed much so even with more patches potentially changing him the MU generally stays the same

Last edited:
Top Bottom