• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Tournament Discussions - NOT A ****ING QUEUE

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I suppose my entire view on this is, how can a few members (that aren't the rooms mods) pretty much stop everyone else from hosting tournaments.

I really don't see there being any problem with concurrent tournaments as long as both the hosts and the players work for them to be successful. If one isn't successful, then chances are it's the hosts fault for not being on the players about getting stuff done, it's part of the responsibility of hosting. If the host really did put in effort, then it's those players fault. Players will be getting losses if they don't complete their stuff so it's at their loss, and after subsequent offenses be blacklisted (or one offense depending on the blacklist lol).

I have faith in Gates event as he makes it pretty darn clear in the OP that he's gonna be on people about gettin stuff done. I know I will run my event as good as I can. And if Tery puts in even an eighth of the effort into his event that he puts in anywhere else, it'll be great. I see no reason why all 3 of these can't run at the same time, if not even another.

If you guys want activity and hype to be up, I would recommend having more events and options with quality hosts, and then reach out to other players outside of the PC and get them to play. There are tons and tons of pokemon players on this site spread throughout regional zones and such, introduce them to the PC and get them active.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I have no idea what Ulti just said, but it's people like him who complain constantly that make me want to not host tournaments or do anything else nice for the PokeCenter.

M.K

Level 55
I completely agree with Chibo is every regard.

As a community, the PC tends to internalize. Case in point:

Sup Scrublets.

You guys got another mod in your mod list.

:bee:

But really, what's up in the PC?
Who the hell are you?
Gates and GERTY are not the only example, just the most recent.

We should be more willing to accept new members into the community, because then our tournament sign ups increase, and solves lots of problems for us ^_^

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree wholeheartedly with Chibo.

And Gates don't allow a select few people tick you off. I'm sure I speak for most of the PC community when I say we thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the tournaments.

And it looks like the majority of the community feels like we can handle multiple tournaments so I say we at LEAST try it out for a while. If things aren't going well we can discuss some better alternatives in a CIVILIZED manner.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Due to the fact that the actual community can't even touch mods they once again prevail in beating the system and getting away with something a normal member would never get away with.

Have a nice day you nonsensical board.

Edit: DOUBLE NINJA'D

Lol @ Gates not knowing who GERTY is.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's kinda sad cause I think he's the only one who's truly bitter about the new decision unless someone proves me otherwise.

EDIT: Oh yeah maybe Tery too IDK.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There's a reason that 85% of my infractions are me making comments saying that a mod made a bad decision.

I do not approve when mods get away with ****. Tery should still be next on the queue and Chibo should still have to wait for Nattorei to end and for Tery's Tourney to start before his is allowed in.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
But the part I don't think you're grasping here is that this is what the PC COMMINUTY wants. Not just the mods.

EDIT: Uayv w/ the ninja :208:

M.K

Level 55
I do not approve when mods get away with ****.
Would you like to explain what the moderators did in this situation that you feel the need to react this way?

Here are the facts:
1) I told you that none of this is bound by global rules. I told you the community was responsible for working things out on their own. I tried to help a bit, did as much as I could.
2) The majority of the community has agreed (and even the person who Chibo SKIPPED in the queue) that Chibo's tournament should be able to go on.
3) The majority of the community has agreed that they'd like to see if you could handle 2+ tournaments at one time.
4) NOTHING is set in stone. If it turns out we can't handle it, then by all means, we can revert.

I, and the other moderators, have literally done nothing to cause this angst. So please, elaborate on what we've done that your fellow community members did not already decide for themselves.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I like it when mods actually fix the problems with the board.

Edit: Ninja'd reading posts and shiz

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Everyone stop bickering and complaining about mods vs the community and such w/e

Mods have discussed it, mods have participated in discussion, know what's going on, and are doing their best. No need to point fingers to anyone about anything, everyone just chillax, play some pokemon, and have a good day.

But yea, any non productive posting of the sorts (look at the past page and you'll all know what I mean) stops now.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
EDIT: Oh yeah maybe Tery too IDK.
I like guys like you who don't read posts.

Tery said:
Again - if the community is completely capable and accepting of having two tournaments run simultaneously, then awesome! I would still prefer this be integrated into the queue, so tournaments may be hosted in an organized fashion. That's my opinion.
UltiMario, give up. I was giving ChiboSempai the time for his tournament anyway. Just stop talking about it. It's stupid.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sorry Chibo, but if you want to mess with the "not in Global rules" rules, I get a free one for one last post.

So pretty much mod rant. If you're not a mod, you have no reason to read this, you're simply wasting your time. It's completely directed to the mods anyways. Non-mods that read this and anyone that responds to it in anything other than a PM deserve to be slapped with EIGHT Rubber Gloves. It's not like I have anywhere else I can post it.

The problem is that Chibo's tourney should've been closed to begin with to prevent all this drama in the first place. There wouldn't be any of this senseless arguing if it wasn't for the fact that Chibo refused to believe that he might actually have to *gasp* follow guidelines set by the COMMUNITY and not by the global rules because they don't apply to tournaments for our board as is. Opinions have shifted at this point because nobody wants to ****ing argue about it anymore because people are tired of it by now, but clearly at the beginning of this Chibo's actions weren't exactly popular.

Every single time this board goes into drama, it's always something that's cascaded down from some mediocre decision. When Spire left the thread unlocked when I told him about the drama there, I thought he might actually know what he's doing, so I decided not to nag him about it. "You know, Spire actually listened to what I said for once and agreed with me, but he did leave the thread open. I guess he knows what he's doing if he can see where I'm coming from, but still leaving it open." That's pretty much what I thought, and it looked good. Looks like I STILL can't trust the moderating team, because that lack of a lock caused all this bull**** to happen.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's always some thread that should/shouldn't be locked, but the moderating team decides to do the exact opposite and it cascades into ****storms like these. If I had mod powers that **** would be locked on sight and I'd put Chibo onto the queue and he'd wait his turn, and none of this ****storm would've occurred.

There's always simpler ways to fix a problem that this moderating team seems to completely miss, and that miss normally always causes some crap that puts the end result in favor of moderators over whatever the initial community complaint was. Normally it's just a small detail, but it's enough to get the ****storm rolling in.

I hate keeping up the drama as anyone else, but I really would like one day to see a moderating team that's actually decent and likable. The only way I can explain it honestly would be: If you polled every member on Smashboards for the approval rating for moderators of their main forum, I would not doubt if the PC had the LOWEST mod approval rating for any forum on all of smashboards. It'd be nice if we can fix that, really, REALLY nice. Even if it's second lowest on smashboards, that'd be such an exponential improvement from where we were that we could simply FEEL the difference in the air, even though there is technically no air in the internet. THAT'S how much better it'd feel. IT'D BE LIKE THERE WAS ACTUAL AIR IN THE INTERNET. DO YOU KNOW HOW NICE THAT WOULD BE? It'd be pretty damn nice.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
If I had mod powers that **** would be locked on sight and I'd put Chibo onto the queue and he'd wait his turn, and none of this ****storm would've occurred.

So you'd basically overlook what the entire community has to say (No Queue) and make the decision based only off what you feel is right? The entire community has said that they feel the queue is unnecessary (other than you I think) and are willing to try this EXPERIMENT. If it works out, great, we now have a new way to run tournaments that's more efficient than the previous way. If not then the old method could be taken up again and it would return to the way it was.

Although a "storm" may have occurred, it’s a lot more effective than your method in which absolutely no discussion on the matter is allowed.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ulti can't read this as he's room banned from the PC. I don't know how correct you are about most of the PC being against the queue though. It was pretty well established for a while and seems to work pretty well. I'm not opposed to trying out new things though. My only problem is that Chibo did it without consulting anybody.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I agree with riddle, I know 90% of the boards are fine with the tournament, but still feel like the queue rules should have been respected.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Updated blacklist:

SWF POKECENTER TOURNAMENT BLACKLIST

The purpose of this blacklist is to punish those who do not complete their matched in PokeCenter tournaments and do not give warning for doing so. If you miss a match and are not accountable for it, you WILL be blacklisted. It doesn't matter if you are a well known and respected member of the PokeCenter, if you apologize for missing your match afterwards, or if you are a girl with large breasts. IF YOU MISS A TOURNAMENT MATCH AND ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT, YOU WILL BE BLACKLISTED.

Forfeiting a match will not result in a blacklist.

Completing a match a reasonable amount of time after the deadline (within approximately 3 to 5 days) will not result in a blacklist if both players have agreed to it and the tournament organizer has been made aware of it.

PokeCenter tournament organizers will be held responsible for updating the blacklist for their tournaments.

The following persons are banned from entry into any SWF tournament for inactivity in tournaments. Their ban shall be lifted 3*N months after the tournament which they were banned from ends, where N is the total number of times they have been blacklisted.

Zed - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v0.5; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 3/11/2011
IceArrow - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v0.5; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 3/11/2011
Riddle - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v1; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 05/05/2011
yoshididdy - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v1; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 05/05/2011
Alamaster - Banned for inactivity during Ubers Cup II; 1 Blacklist total, unbanned on 06/16/2011
kirbyraeg - Banned for inactivity during Ubers Cup II; 1 Blacklist total, unbanned on 06/16/2011
Majority - Banned for inactivity during Ubers Cup II; 1 Blacklist total, unbanned on 06/16/2011

Tournament Organizers MUST copy this blacklist into the original post of their tournament thread if they wish for the tournament to begin.

I won't be coming to the PC at all anymore so someone else will need to update this list.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I would like to host a Pokemon: Battle Revolution Tournament via Wi-Fi...

Is this okay?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. Very few people, especially here, play on anything other than Pokemon Online.

2. Very few people own PBR

3. There's nothing stopping you, go ahead, just be warned.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Another Cliche Ladder For PBR #9001

Cliche Intro :awesome:
Welcome, Poke Man trainers. For those who own Pokemon: Battle Revolution, dust off your Wii and grab your DS because I'm bored and wanna play Organized(?) Friendlies with people. The only reason this is a BR tourney is because my DS can't connect to the internetz for crap (My Wii can, just not with Brawl).

Rules (Setup)
Single Battle

• Level Requirement- LV 50 All
  • Pokemon Requirement- No Restriction
  • No Time Limits on anything, If possible.
  • Same Pokemon On Team Allowed? Yes
  • Same Item On Team Allowed? Yes
  • If all remaining Pokemon faint due to Self-Destruct, user loses? No
  • Should moves like Perish Song or Destiny Bond fail if used by player's last Pokemon? No
  • Should Fixed Damage Moves Always Fail? NO!
Rules (Pokemon)

• Use whatever Tier List/Ban List you like, as long as both players agree on it. I'll go onto Smogen(?) later and look for their tier list...
Rules (Tournament Stuff)

• All battles within a round should be completed within a week. However, we'll wait up to one month if your schedule demands it.
  • No-Shows are subject to disqualification unless a Replacement is available

Top Bottom