• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokétch App: Damage Calculator - A look at key KO percents

T-block

B2B TST
just wondering what your approach was... i wasn't sure how to do non-vertical moves

a lot of time i d-throw considering what happens if they DI basically vertically. i know it's not ideal to be depending on suboptimal DI from the opponent, but d-throw is so hard to DI that sometimes they reflexively hit up-back and end up going basically straight up. it'd be interesting if you could get an idea of how much lower the percent would have to be in that case, etc. etc. idk if anyone else does the same thing.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
T-Block I know exactly what your talking about because I feel like the higher the opponent's % gets the more they have to DI back and less up. Quite a few times I have seen players die from D-throw vertically at higher %'s (anywhere from 130%-160%). The only time I see anyone die horizontally anymore is when I specifically pummel until I hear them mash and then D-throw them immediately. That causes the most "PatG DI" situations where D-throw kills horizontally.

Long story short if we could find the %'s that people will die vertically from d-throw it would very well be some very key %'s to remember.

T-block

B2B TST
yeah, even among those i fight regularly, very few are able to consistently DI squirtle's d-throw into the corner. even when i play PT dittos i often find myself thinking "man that is weird to DI properly".

so against people who don't have PT exp, i think it is okay to be d-throwing and considering they will go basically straight up.

i think the numbers myo are taking are the right numbers to record though. they are more important to learn, and we can do the mental adjustment in our heads if we decide to risk it.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I'm DIing up, and I die in the corner (no background death animation). I tested Up + towards Squirtle and I die earlier (I die vertically).

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, I wanted to delete the previous and post a new one, but I can't do it. :/

Anyway, I've finished the DThrow values, I don't think I'll test on other places because I think the place I tested on is where we're most likely to grab (+ Squirtle slides a bit when he grabs, but whatever).

Next move is Charizard's DThrow. I don't know how powerful it is yet O:

CoonTail

Smash Lord
^It's pretty rough with Proper DI, which almost always happens figuring the animation takes forever unlike Squirtle's D-throw

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Yeah that's what I was thinking. That's still nice to have a throw that can kill, even if it's at very high %.

T-block

B2B TST
my rule for charizard is 160% for medium weight characters at the edge of the stage at zero fatigue =\

it'd be interesting to see how conservative that is

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
my rule for charizard is 160% for medium weight characters at the edge of the stage at zero fatigue =\

it'd be interesting to see how conservative that is
Not very. U-Throw is almost always a better option. Deals more damage, has a faster animation, and it KOs earlier against everyone but, like, Link and Dedede.

I suppose U-Throw might be stale, though. It's definitely my preferred throw, though B-Throw at low percents gives you nice frame advantage that can net you another grab or a U-Smash/Rock Smash.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Bump! :p

Charizard's D-Throw | Final Destination
Character | Fresh / Tired

King DeDeDe | 210% / 235%
Snake | 205% / 220%
Wario | 190% / 205%
Marth | 165% / 190%
Mr.Game&Watch | 165% / 185%
MetaKnight | 150% / 180%

____________________________________________________________________________________

Summary :

Squirtle's U-Smash | Final Destination

:dedede: | 145% / 205%
:snake: | 135% / 195%
:wario: | 115% / 165%
:marth: | 110% / 155%
:metaknight: | 95% / 140%
:gw: | 90% / 130%

Ivysaur's U-Smash | Final Destination

:dedede: | 95% / 140%
:snake: | 90% / 135%
:wario: | 80% / 120%
:marth: | 70% / 110%
:metaknight: | 65% / 100%
:gw: | 60% / 90%

Charizard's U-Smash | Final Destination

:dedede: | 155% / 225%
:snake: | 145% / 205%
:wario: | 130% / 185%
:marth: | 120% / 170%
:metaknight: | 105% / 150%
:gw: | 100% / 145%

Ivysaur's U-Throw | Final Destination

:dedede: | 215% / 290%
:snake: | 200% / 275%
:wario: | 175% / 240%
:marth: | 170% / 230%
:metaknight: | 145% / 205%
:gw: | 140% / 190%

Squirtle's D-Throw | Final Destination

:dedede: | 175% / 230%
:snake: | 165% / 215%
:wario: | 145% / 190%
:marth: | 140% / 180%
:gw: | 135% / 180%
:metaknight: | 130% / 170%

Charizard's D-Throw | Final Destination

:dedede: | 210% / 235%
:snake: | 205% / 220%
:wario:| 190% / 205%
:marth: | 165% / 190%
:gw: | 165% / 185%
:metaknight: | 150% / 180%

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You should do Charizard U-Throw. That's a better KO move than D-Throw against most characters.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you get the opponent to that high a percent, surely you can start using other throws in that scenario.

Also, the OP is yours.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll probably do U-throw then.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll edit the first post, I mean, I just need to add my last post but that's it. :p

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Yes, DI, momentum cancel, things like G&W's bucket, Wario's bike [for the D-throws only, I don't think it helps for the U-smashes :p ], etc...

The DI is tricky at times though ; for instance, with Charizard's D-throw on Marth, you have to DI with the direction between :stick8: and :stick9: to go to the corner of the blastzone if Charizard isn't tired.

I did my best to survive, but the numbers could be wrong (not by much). Oh also, you can see they're approximate, if it kills at like 156%, I wrote 155%.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yes, DI, momentum cancel, things like G&W's bucket, Wario's bike [for the D-throws only, I don't think it helps for the U-smashes :p ], etc...

The DI is tricky at times though ; for instance, with Charizard's D-throw on Marth, you have to DI with the direction between :stick8: and :stick9: to go to the corner of the blastzone if Charizard isn't tired.

I did my best to survive, but the numbers could be wrong (not by much). Oh also, you can see they're approximate, if it kills at like 156%, I wrote 155%.
That's fine. I know it's probably hard doing this kind of stuff by yourself. At least it will give us an idea of what the KO % is.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
It's very hard for non-vertical killmoves.

You can rely on these numbers imo. Some of the moves are very difficult to DI properly.

Top Bottom