• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Sword and Shield: The Crown Tundra Has Been Released

Crown_Tundra.jpg

The second Pokémon Sword and Shield DLC, The Crown Tundra is out now!

The DLC shares its name with the new snowy area it unlocks. This Crown Tundra is home to a new gameplay element called Dynamax Adventures. These Dynamax Adventures are cooperative gauntlets where you’re assigned random Pokémon and must win Max Raid Battles to reach a boss. What’s really exciting though are those bosses. You can find every Legendary Pokémon (not to be confused with Mythical Pokémon) from before Sword and Shield as a boss. And yes, you do get to capture them!

That’s not all though, here are some other things that The Crown Tundra has in store:
  • New regional forms for Slowking, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.
  • Returning Pokémon like Walrein and Dragonite.
  • A new in-game doubles tournament called Galarian Star Tournament where players can team up with Sword and Shield characters.
  • Two entirely new Regis, Regieleki and Regidrago.
  • The King Pokémon, Calyrex.
  • Two entirely new additional Pokémon, Glastrier and Spectrier.
  • The ability to trade all new and returning Pokémon to players who don’t have The Crown Tundra.
Another thing worth noting is that The Crown Tundra along with The Isle of Armor will be available together with the base game in physical bundles on November 6th, 2020.

Credits

Graphics
: Zerp Zerp
Social Media: Zerp Zerp
Sources: Bulbapedia

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Gotta love how Game Freak claimed this game removed Pokemon for game balance yet kept stuff like Clefable in the base game, introduced Galarian Darmanitan and then goes ahead and adds back things like Landorus and Heatran anyway behind a paywall.

This game is a joke.

Sure am happy a ton of my favorite Pokemon like Smoochum and Bagon will be available in this update and I sure am happy there are plenty of suckers willing to buy these low effort and overpriced updates and trade to me or host Raids so I don't have to waste a single cent on this nonsense.

Last edited:
then goes ahead and adds back things like Landorus and Heatran anyway behind a paywall.
You don't actually have to get the DLC in order to get the returning mons.
A free update gets released on the release day of the DLC. From there, you can transfer the returning mons into the game.
You can also receive the returning mons through trading/wonder trading.

Last edited:
You don't actually have to get the DLC in order to get the returning mons.
A free update gets released on the release day of the DLC. From there, you can transfer the returning mons into the game.
You can also receive the returning mons through trading/wonder trading.
I ain't payin' squat for a lousy transfer service that was previously cheaper and previously free either. Monster transfer is a scam. I already mentioned trading.

Top Bottom