• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Stars: Why it won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra_

Smash Cadet
1. The Name
Really you couldn't come up with something more creative

2. We haven't had a third Pokémon game in a Generation since Platinum
We never got Pokémon Grey, Pokémon Z, or a Pokémon Delta Emerald

3. Why wouldn't it be on the 3DS?
The 3DS would be an easier platform for the game I mean Sun and Moon required double screens

4. Dual screens
The 3DS games Sun and Moon required dual screens

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1. We literally had "Black 2" and "White 2" so GameFreak isn't the most creative group anyway.

2. See above. Basically everything points to Stars being a SEQUEL than a third version a la Platinum, Emerald, or Crystal. If it's a joined sequel, Stars makes more sense than Sun 2 or Moon 2. This is supported by the data for the third Lycanroc form, unreachable areas in Sun and Moon, and the fact that there are empty lots in major towns and cities that may be used to introduce gyms.

3. Because the 3DS is dying no matter what Nintendo says. They're not even repairing original model 3DS's anymore despite their "continued support." Mark my words, 2017 is the 3DS's last year.

4. There is nothing on the bottom screen that couldn't be moved to a menu.

Last edited:

Astra_

Smash Cadet
Diamond and Pearl remakes are more likely to come since its the 10 year anniversary

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The only plausible reason to me would be that they make less money than new generations, which isn't surprising. "Stars" being on the Switch does add more desirability to it, but it also has a smaller base of consumers to work with.

Personally I don't want "Stars" because Gamefreak needs to make an MMO instead. >__>

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't Gamefreak state that they where done with third version games? I agree that Diamond & Pearl remakes (for the 3DS) are much more likely.

Also don't really get why people so desperately want the 3DS to phase out, like, right this instant. I still see some use for it that just isn't available or even possible on the Switch and would rather it just stick around for a little while longer imo.

Last edited:

Astra_

Smash Cadet
The only plausible reason to me would be that they make less money than new generations, which isn't surprising. "Stars" being on the Switch does add more desirability to it, but it also has a smaller base of consumers to work with.

Personally I don't want "Stars" because Gamefreak needs to make an MMO instead. >__>
Has there ever been an MMO made by Nintendo?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has there ever been an MMO made by Nintendo?
No.

That being said, while I doubt a true Pokémon MMO will ever be a thing for a variety of reasons, this wouldn't be a good argument against it. One could just as easily use the fact that Nintendo didn't have a multiplayer shooter as justification for Splatoon never existing. Just because they haven't done one yet doesn't mean they never will.

Though like I said, I highly doubt a PokéMMO will ever exist.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please don't make Detracting threads. We got nothing more than a rumor. Just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom