• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Receive Second Trailer

Scarlet_Violet.jpg

The Pokémon Company just dropped a trailer for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet as well as plenty of news about them!

The trailer showed off quite a few new things. First of all, we got to see the new professors, Professor Sada in Scarlet and Professor Turo in Violet. And of course, after the professors comes the next friend character, Nemona. We also got to see a few new Pokémon, such as Pawmi, Smoliv, Lechonk and two legendary Pokémon, Koraidon and Moraidon.

Miraidon_Koraidon.jpg

The games also take a new direction for Pokémon and feature non-linear exploration. Basically, the story doesn't force players to go to places in any set order. Also fitting with this theme of exploration, players have an option to explore the world with four player co-op multiplayer! And as if that wasn’t exciting enough, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will feature new songs from Toby Fox!

Author’s Note: Personally, I’m really not fond of how the environment and background are looking. Everything looks… kinda low-resolution. That said, I’m very excited about pretty much everything else, especially the Toby Fox tracks and multiplayer. Also, Lechonk is like, the best name ever, I love it! What do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing & Editing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

i believe this is the first time theyve used internet misspellings like chonk and smol in pokemon names

I didn’t like the designs so much at first but they grew on me. I still don’t like Pawmi much. People have been guessing what it is and I feel it’s based on a marmot. Lechonk is an Iberian pig while we know what that Smolive is. I do hope we get a bull pokemon. I also like the past and future motif we are getting.

Last edited:
Yeah it's curious to see some plots that the fans where waiting time ago to final happen, I remind a lot of fangames with the past and future thematic. The legendaries are cool imo I just hope they aren't dragon type (even if I love dragon types). But I don't think I will buy the game anyway.

D
I don't think it will be a steel type because of all the steel types we have recently. (Solgaleo, Zacian, Zamazenta, dialga if we're even counting BDSP) I'm hoping that it will be Electric/Flying and Ground/fighting. Of course with the Oranges and Grapes in the game there is the least likely option that they could be grass or fairy type.

D
That would mean that Miriadon is the weakest of the two, unless they give him some sort of advantage.
Welllll. Miriadon could be electric flying to help with that

Here are my thoughts

Koriadon: ground/fighting
Miriadon: electric/flying

While Koriadon has ground type to counter Miriadon, Miriadon is part flying type and has an advantage over Koriadons fighting type.

Not exactly like that but something close

im not sure that ground is more thematic of the past than any of the other types but ok
Ground goes hand in hand with aspects of "past" since, from the beginning, everything was anything but ground before the canyons were filled up with water. In addition, we dig into the ground to unearth fragments of the past. Heck, we bury time capsules for us to dig up from the ground int he future.\

Past + ground is peerfectly relatable.

Ground goes hand in hand with aspects of "past" since, from the beginning, everything was anything but ground before the canyons were filled up with water. In addition, we dig into the ground to unearth fragments of the past. Heck, we bury time capsules for us to dig up from the ground int he future.\

Past + ground is peerfectly relatable.
that makes sense but considering how big the past is all the types would suit it.

of course from that description rock would also make sense

hang on aren’t canyons formed by rivers rather than vicea versa? And how deep are the rivers where you come from if they used to be canyons?

Last edited:
that makes sense but considering how big the past is all the types would suit it.

of course from that description rock would also make sense

hang on aren’t canyons formed by rivers rather than vicea versa? And how deep are the rivers where you come from if they used to be canyons?
Im talking about the creation of the planet itself. Before we had water, it was a molten landscape until it cooled off. From there, it formed an atmosphere which in turn produced precipitation.

I don’t think they’re going that far back
I never said that.I am just stating that the past can be related to the ground. So, generally terms, Ground types can be related to the past. Hence, it would make sense for Koraidon to have a potential ground-typing. I was just stating that your original point " im not sure that ground is more thematic of the past than any of the other types but ok" an be true but, generally, Ground and Rock has a huge relation to past-related concepts since that's how everything started.

I never said that.I am just stating that the past can be related to the ground. So, generally terms, Ground types can be related to the past. Hence, it would make sense for Koraidon to have a potential ground-typing. I was just stating that your original point " im not sure that ground is more thematic of the past than any of the other types but ok" an be true but, generally, Ground and Rock has a huge relation to past-related concepts since that's how everything started.
ok ok

although this conversation has got me thinking he’s going to be fighting and either ground or rock

Top Bottom